• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 10,113 Views, 269 Comments

Becoming Chaos - LemonDrizzle



HiE with a darker twist. Features a much more vicious Discord and a much more protective Celestia.

  • ...
24
 269
 10,113

A Ditzy Encounter

A Ditzy Encounter



“Everything checks out, you're free to go!”

Jonathan smiled down at the white furred nurse, his body sitting on a particularly cold, metal bench that would most certainly have been used for animal procedures back on Earth, the freezing touch chilling through him, tainting his skin.

After the little mishap last night with the fear he had accidentally but inevitably invoked in the poor pony nurse, Twilight had spoken to her, the self acclaimed Nurse Redheart, and had stated quite clearly that Jonathan the human was not only never going to harm her in any way but that he had ended up saving one of her very close, very dear friends from a terrible, splattery fate. After hearing this from the bearer of the Element of Magic, the once timid, spooked nurse had managed to calm herself down quite a bit and, after speaking with the early roused Jonathan, had opted to apologizing outright towards her ludicrous behaviour last night and how it was not only completely out of character for her but also highly unprofessional.

Jonathan had merely stated that it was no worry to him, that he had expected reactions like that from the citizens of this quaint little town, his early morning mind having managed to lose the name of his current area, and that he thought no less of her for running from him. In fact, in his personal opinion, it took a lot of courage in the first place to stroll into the same room as the human, eager and ready to make sure he had not died, or will not die. Topped with the fact that she had come to apologize to him rather sorrowfully and guiltily, the human couldn't helped but admire her courage and her caring, almost timid nature, the little apology going a long way for the fearful and almost constantly wounded human.

After talking with the nurse for a while, at first about his medical condition, how he should refrain from jumping out of falling chariots at extreme heights and how he should get make sure to stretch and roll his back muscles regularly to stop them from locking up after the fall had unconsciously given him a severe case of whiplash, his neck and back muscles straining and taut. Then, secondly and almost comically quickly, they had begun to talk about more normal topics that seemed the complete opposite of the nurses earlier instructions towards incredibly dangerous falls, her light questioning on how he survived being similarly lightly shrugged off by Jonathan, his thoughts racing as he tried to stem the flow of lies that sat on his tongue.

They had talked of the occupation of the nurse, how she liked her job and how eager and happy she was that her sister, Nurse Tenderheart, had followed in her hoof steps. Afterwards, the had talked about the jobs of the six Elements of Harmony, first of Rarity the illustrious, professional and regal dress-maker who never failed to create an astounding, wonderful piece of fashionable and affordable art. Then came Rainbow Dash, a local member of the pegasi weather team, her job being cloud clearing and weather manipulating even though, Nurse Redheart had said with a huff, she always seemed to be taking a nap instead of doing her job. Next was Fluttershy and her job as the local vet to all the animals, even taking in a vast majority of the little critters to look after them and befriend them, a lot of the animals opting to stay with the shy, reclusive sounding pegasus who lived at the edge of the forest. Applejack was next, being the hard working and dependable owner and farmer of the world renowned Sweet Apple Acres, a vast amount of the apple income of all of Ponyville coming from the humble orange mare and her family. Pinkie Pie was said to work at a bakery and confectionery store towards the centre of Ponyville, a nice yet rather odd looking building called Sugarcube Corner also housing the bubbly pink mare. Finally, Jonathan found out with some level of understanding and forethought, the the nerdish Twilight Sparkle did work in the Ponyville library, a fact that Jonathan had already clued in on what with him staying there and all. However, he didn't know that she was also housing someone else, apparently a cute little boy known as Spike who constantly declared himself her number one assistant.

After their little discussion, the nurse had trotted off to retrieve Jonathan's breakfast, the small clock on his bedside which must have been moved there in the night telling him that it was now seven thirty in the morning. The nurse had swiftly returned carrying a tray on her back with a single, clear glass of fresh, clean, crisp looking water and a bowl of incredibly foul smelling substances, the mere idea that what was before him was 'food' making Jonathan nervously think about what other forms of cuisine awaited him in Ponyville. So far he had been relatively well fed on apples and other such fruits but if this was what was most common in Ponyville than he didn't know how long he could truly last. He had, rather grudgingly and with heaps of force and pressure from Nurse Redheart, taken a single spoonful of the strange concoction before him and had immediately spat it out, spraying the glistening tray on his lap with chunks of wriggling, luminous green food, some of the jelly like substance hitting his bed and causing the nurse to turn away with a huff, trying to hold back a small smile at the look of horror and repulsion on the humans face.

After Jonathan had cleaned himself up with a selection of small but incredibly absorbent wipes that Nurse Redheart had found and given to him, Jonathan had asked if there was a toilet and a shower he could use, his urge to relieve himself growing ever stronger, a lot like his repelling scent. The nurse had responded enthusiastically, obviously happy that she would no longer have to put up with the sweaty smelling human, making him follow her sluggishly to a small room of which he had to duck his head down under the doorway to enter, a simple flick of a light switch illuminating a nice, shiny bathroom complete with a shower and accessories. Jonathan had happily sighed to himself at the sight, the suppressed thoughts of the madness and medley of horror that was exploding in his mind at that very moment being washed away by relief at the sight of the cleansing tool.

Jonathan had emerged twenty minuets later, flooding the hallway with steam as he strode out of the bathroom, shrouded in his dirty yet unharmed toga, a content, happy smile on his face as he nodded a little thank you to the nurse who had heard the door click open and had similarly emerged from an adjacent door to shoot a small smile in the humans directions. Together they had walked back to Jonathan's room so that Nurse Redheart could read his chart again, having relinquished her grip on it from the night before by putting it back in its original position, before Jonathan had asked her why there was a stunning lack of patients in the hospital. The reply had been a doubled edged sword for Jonathan though, the small hesitance at the question from the nurse immediately triggering him onto something not being quite right. Apparently, there were not too many injuries in Ponyville, if you disregarded one cyan furred mare who seemed to love returning to the hospital time and time again. She had informed him that there were plenty of sick ponies but because of his unusualness and ability to frighten the easily spooked ponies, he had been whisked away to a secluded part of the hospital where it had been her duty to care for him, leaving her sister Nurse Tenderheart to look after the other patients.

The idea that not many ponies were ever truly hurt enough to go to the hospital, apart from the daring Rainbow Dash, had made Jonathan feel happy for the small equine race but the simple fact that because of his appearance and simple ability to alienate those around him, sick, weak ponies had had to be moved just to make room for him. He hadn't voiced his rather sullen thoughts but the nurse must have gathered on because she had replied rather brusquely and stubbornly that it was not his fault, that he couldn't change who or what he was and that it would just take some time for the ponies to accustom themselves to him. Jonathan had nodded along, secretly pleased that she would try and settle his thoughts but also concealing his growing guilt at the prospect and idea that many much worse off patients were now segregated away from him.

Nurse Redheart had since managed to move and signal Jonathan back to his room, where she had recovered the chart with a gentle flick of her nose and a clasp of her teeth, signalling Jonathan to follow her with a flick of her tail as she strolled back out of the room and towards a closed doorway. With a loud thus of her right foreleg, the door was knocked open and the pony and the alien strolled inside, Nurse Redheart trotting over to a simple desk where she seemed to thoroughly inspect the chart for any irregularities, occasionally muttering to herself as Jonathan looked around the small room, the most noticeable feature being the metal slab in the middle, the outside area surrounded by cupboards and desks that were littered with expensive looking equipment and random medicine, ranging from bright green gunge inside a syringe to luminous orange pills inside a small, opaque bottle.

A few moments later, Nurse Redheart had turned around and asked him to sit on top of the metal slab, before she whirled back around and proceeded to grab all sorts of medical equipment, once more turning back around to face Jonathan with her mouth stuffed full of random items and a stethoscope around her neck, the look of already primed concentration in her eyes combined with the odd, quirky assortment of objects in her mouth nearly made Jonathan burst into hysterics before he caught himself.

That was where he was now, just finishing up the numerous procedures that the nurse had insisted needed to happen to safely determine his health, listening to his heart, checking his temperature, testing for muscular damage and a ton of other random and, in Jonathan's opinion, pointless tests. Still, it was coming to an end now and for that Jonathan was happy as the nurse led him out of the room with a pleased smile on her face, leading him down numerous corridors and twisting turns before he came upon a set of double doors, Nurse Redheart swinging them open with a quick jab of her hoof, the doors knocking slightly against the wall.

Jonathan was shocked, pleasantly so, when he cast his eyes on the small lavender unicorn who was seated in what was obviously the hospital waiting room, indicated by the plush red chairs, the small table with a vast amount of magazines, the old, white, peeling walls and the cold tiled floor. Twilight was currently reading a small, brown stained magazine that seemed to be something revolving around science, judging by the large electromagnet picture on the front and the title of the magazine which read quite clearly Equestrian Scientist Weekly. The whole edition of the magazine must have been a few months out judging by the colour and simple look of the paper but Twilight was devouring the knowledge as if it were precious food.

Nearly as soon as Jonathan entered the stale air room though, she put the magazine down and proceeded to hop off of the chair, flashing a broad grin at both him and Nurse Redheart, the human reflecting the look hastily. Twilight trotted over to Nurse Redheart after saying a quiet but happy 'hello' to Jonathan, the twin mares walking away slightly to talk quietly, Jonathan unconsciously leaning forward to attempt to hear what they were saying, to no avail.

Luckily, the conversation seemed to last a mere few seconds as Twilight smiled, nodded and thanked Nurse Redheart before she trotted over to Jonathan, the white furred nurse waving goodbye to him as she exited through the double doors. Twilight spoke up to Jonathan quite suddenly, making him flinch without realizing.

“Nurse Redheart says you're good to go. I'm guessing you want to see your home for the near future!”

Without allowing a word in edgewise from Jonathan, Twilight turned around and began to quite happily trot away, humming a little tune to herself as Jonathan blinked at the carefree mare, raising his hand out to her as if he were trying to reach her and draw her back before he lowered it and started after her, quickly catching up and speaking rather shakily, quietly but forcefully.

“I-I'd like to see how Rarity is doing...”

This alone made the purple unicorn mare beside Jonathan freeze up, her eyes twitching from side to side to stare at Jonathan and then at the wall with bulbous orbs, a small yet fake smile plastering across her face as her hooves began to scrape against the ground awkwardly, incredibly high tones rising out of her brimming with deceit.

“Oh, eh, Rarity can't have any visitors today because she's...she's...not feeling very well!”

Jonathan frowned at the shuffling mare beside him, suspicion flying across his face as he spoke up in a quiet but strong tone.

“Twilight, you're not very good at lying.”

A manic giggle burst from Twilight's lips as she continued to dart her gaze around the room, voice at its unusually high peak as she replied.

“Lying, who's lying? Certainly not me, I'd never lie!”

The look Jonathan gave Twilight, a raised eyebrow, hard, disbelieving eyes and a firm stance, arms crossed stubbornly made the small mare cave in rapidly, her innocent mind not accustomed to lying to any creature as she let out a little sigh and spoke up in a defeated voice.

“Fine, you got me. You can't see Rarity but I don't want to say why.”

Jonathan felt the first tingles of worry race up his spine, the first trickles of fear drip into his mind as he spoke up again in a hardened voice.

“Twilight, please.”

Twilight pouted slightly, trying to trot through the double doors in front of her, attempting to escape the conversation by plowing her way through Ponyville and back to her library. She was stopped in her tracks by the form of a giant human, his shadow blocking out the light as he cast her an anxious, almost pitiful gaze, his voice soft and yet somehow resounding, the nervousness in his voice seeping through.

“Please.”

That simple word, filled with such desolation and worry very nearly made Twilight crack and tell him everything but she gritted her teeth, closed her eyes and with strained words spoke up again, refusing to give in.

“No. Now follow me to the library.”

Twilight headed towards the doors, brushing past the human with a huff and trotting forward until she reached the double wooden doors, turning her head back to see Jonathan in the exact same place he had been standing in before, this time with a look of hurt and determination painting his features. Twilight huffed in an aggravated manner, calling out to him.

“C'mon Jonathan!”

“No.”

Twilight blinked slowly, a small daze covering her face as she snorted, trotting up to Jonathan and jabbing him with her nose.

“Just follow me!”

“Not until you tell me what's wrong with Rarity.”

“No!”

“I think I deserve to know, I did save her ass from dying!”

“It's not what you want to hear!”

“Yes it is!”

“No it isn't!”

“Yes it is!”

No it isn't!

Yes it is!

Fine,” Twilight shouted, her voice rocketing around the hospital as she fumed with anger, her cheeks painted a faint red colour, her eyes almost alight with irritation, “she doesn't want to see you because she's scared of you!

Jonathan flinched back, eyes wide and scared at Twilight's loud voice and the message she had practically screamed at him, bile in his throat as he rolled those words around his mind. Even the pony he had saved from imminent death, even she was scared of him. What hope did he truly have of befriending all the others when an act as powerful and compelling as that was met with fear. She was scared of him, after everything he had done, she was still scared. That simple thought, that simple fact pierced Jonathan to the core, flooding his veins with such desolate coldness that it threatened to engulf him entirely.

Twilight panted in anger, still glaring at the human with frustration and irritation, her cheeks flooded red and her eyes shining with rage before the expression shifted on her face from anger to guilt and worry. The look that travelled swiftly but surely across Jonathan's face, of self loathing and horror, made her instantly regret her words as Jonathan took a small step backwards, his golden eyes dimmed and dead, his body strangely jerky and almost beaten. Twilight spoke up, attempting to apologize with a weak, frail and shaky voice.

“J-Jonathan, I'm sorry. I d-don't know what happened to m-me. I didn't mean to.”

Jonathan's golden orbs flickered down to Twilight, filled with such sorrow and confusion, his voice rising up whisperingly as if he had been hit in the stomach.

“Why is she scared?”

Twilight's ears darted back at the hollow, harrowed sadness in that voice.

“S-she's travelled by pegasus chariot may times before and this was the first time there were complications. She...she isn't admitting it but me and the girls think that for some reason she blames you for what happens. It's like...it's like just as you arrive something terrible happens to her so she assumed that you were the one responsible. I'm...I'm sorry Jonathan.”

Jonathan swept his gaze towards the ceiling, trying to conceal the small film of tears that sat tauntingly along his eyes, the sadness and the self loathing he felt at the simple, yet painful fact that Rarity, the unicorn he had saved from death hated him most out of all others. No, there was something else that hated him more then Rarity, something much, much worse.

Twilight visibly flinched when Jonathan brought his head back down from the ceiling, her purple eyes staring into his golden, if slightly red and puffy ones for a split second, seeing the pain and the deathly look behind his golden pools, speaking up in a vague, half-hearted attempt to comfort him.

“Jonathan, I'm sorry, it's just that-”

“Let's just go to the library.”

Even his voice was dead, devoid of any spark of humanity or emotion as Jonathan began to heavily stomp forward until he stood beside Twilight, his cold eyes flicking down to stare at her and then back to the door, cutting his emotions off from her like yarn, barring any shred of feeling that may permeate the air around him. Twilight visibly drooped in shame, head craning down her neck, eyes half closing as she began to boorishly trot out of the hospital towards the double doors, guilt bubbling up and eating her from the inside out as she nudged the door open with her nose, allowing Jonathan to finally, finally walk freely into the town, Twilight following close behind with a shaky, stuttered call of 'wait!'

[.]

The walk through the small, seemingly quiet but welcoming village was a memory that Jonathan would never forget. He had managed to accumulate a vast number of looks from the equine citizens as he trudged wordlessly through the clustered streets with Twilight at his side, the sight of one of the Elements of Harmony escorting the strange creature being enough of a relief for the townsponies not to run away screaming in abject terror. Still, whilst wearing his dead, cold scowl and with the little viewing of any conversation between the hairless monkey and the Element of Magic, Jonathan had managed to acquire a large quantity of frightened murmurs and questioning, but timid, looks thrown his way from the ponies, each one of them backing off from him as he drew closer and closer to his probable destination, each equine he met immediately dashing out of his path with a little whimper that drove the shard of ice deeper into Jonathan's heart, the fear and the uncertainty that permeated the air almost enough to drive him mad, to send him screaming out at the ponies that he was no threat, that it wasn't his fault over what happened, that they should love him for what he did, not loathe or fear him. Still, he kept his voice concealed away, attempting to swallow the ball of guilt, anger and sadness that rose up from his stomach to churn in his throat.

Every once in a while, Twilight would pipe up and try and start a weak conversation with the human, attempting to draw him out of whatever shell he had crawled into and, every time, Jonathan would reply with a one word answer that was filled to the brim with a desire to remain silent, with a want for Twilight to stop these petty, foolish little conversational pokes of hers. His mind was dwelling on other topics when he saw the first glint of a recognizable face, when he turned his head sharply to spot out the orange coated mare behind a stall of what appeared to be apples. For a split second, as her freckled face fell upon his, Applejack seemed to take on a look of fear before it was drowned out by a hardened look as she nodded calmly in his direction before returning to the selling of her apples. That simple moment though, that fleeting look of terror was enough to make Jonathan turn away from her quickly, to turn his head away from Twilight similarly so as to block the small twinkles of tears from their view.

They continued through the streets in a similar fashion, being constantly talked about, constantly glanced at but never approached, never talked to and never chatting with one another, the lavender mare watching Jonathan guiltily but also with a shred of annoyance, as if she couldn't understand why he didn't wish to talk. They passed a timid, frightened looking Fluttershy whose only response to them passing her by being a light squeak and a vicious dive underneath her mane. They passed underneath a whistling, soaring, racing Rainbow Dash who, when Twilight called to her good naturedly, offered no reply and instead flew further away from the pair. They ran into Pinkie Pie who, whilst she was continually bouncing and hopping in place, seemed a bit too constrained, the almost forced smile on her face suggesting that all was not well with the pink mare. Occasionally, they would get a little, faint and feeble wave from one of the ponies but it was always directed towards Twilight and it was almost always accusing, too frantic, too vigorous to be a normal wave. It seemed to suggest an underlying feeling of not only confusion but of anger, of an anger that she would dare bring whatever creature this was into a town filled with foals and fillies.

Dimly, Jonathan realized he should be admiring the scenery, the houses, the architecture of the house but his mind refused to pull through and allow him, instead mixing the colours together to form a grey blur of sorts, his emotions seeping through and dulling his vision. So zoned out was he, so in touch with the mental side of his lie rather then the physical side, Jonathan was roused quite furiously from his dazed state by the whistling of wind and a low sound that closely resembled a shriek before he was slammed in the gut by a rocketing ball of grey fur, both of them being sent toppling back by the impact.

Groggily, moaning in pain and clutching his stomach, Jonathan allowed his head to lift from its resting place on the dirt floor, immediately noting the small bundle of grey fur and golden yellow mane that lay upon his chest, spread eagled, four limbs laying across the upper parts of his legs and the lower parts of his arms, the pegasi pony that had hit him quite viciously laying her head dazedly upon his chest, for it was obviously a she judging by build, her face concealed behind a swash of thick, hay coloured hair. And then, just as sluggishly as his own movements, the mare on his chest raised her head in an almost drunken state to stare at the human she was laying on straight in the the face.

The first thing Jonathan took notice of was the mares twinkling, amber coloured eyes that seemed to overflow with kindness but also with an almost timid fear of being mocked, of being ridiculed. The second thing he noticed was that whilst the right eyes was fixed on him, the left eye was wandering around its socket like it had a mind of its own. Dimly, Jonathan recalled a rather vulgar term for what he was seeing before him. Wall eyes. From somewhere behind him, Jonathan heard Twilight give out a faint gasp of astonishment and, not fear exactly, but mortification over what had happened.

With a slight rustling of wings and a little shiver that coursed through her light grey body, the mare flapped to her hooves beside Jonathan, tilting her head to look at him curiously and quizzically before, much to Jonathan's pleasant surprise, she shot a little, guilty smile at him and extended one of her hooves to help him to his feet, it was not like that little appendage would in any way assist him but it was the thought behind the gesture that slammed into Jonathan much like the collision with the mare.

Jonathan raised his hand up and grasped the mares hoof firmly, feeling how warm and soft it was and how, as he clutched it, she let out a faint giggle before he hauled himself to his feet, making sure not to drag the bedraggled mare down. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Twilight Sparkle and a small group of ponies watching the incident with wide eyes and open jaws, as if they were expecting him to take vengeance or something. They were not, however, expecting Jonathan to shoot a timid looking smile at the mare, who seemed to relax a little bit at the facial movement, her voice rising up around the strangely silent town, a slight trill and warble clearly visible in her almost child-like tones.

“Sorry mister, I wasn't looking where I was going.”

Jonathan smiled more widely at this, unbelieving of the fact that here she was, the home species of the humble planet he currently resided upon, apologizing to him, the terrifying alien ape that seemed incapable of causing nothing but strife and fear.

“No problem Miss, I'm sure it was an accident... My name's Jonathan.”

The mare before him smiled properly and happily for the first time, obviously filled with relief that he had not taken to anger immediately, the quiet hush of the crowd becoming more apparent as the mare's voice rose up again, this time almost bubbly.

“My name's Ditzy Doo but everypony calls me Derpy.”

Jonathan's smile wavered slightly at the name before he dropped his voice down, daring to ask the question that had risen unbidden to his lips like water dribbling from a tap, his tones now whispered and almost silent so that only Ditzy and a few of the closest watchers could hear him, Twilight included.

“That's a lovely name but, Ditzy, if you don't mind me asking why...why aren't you afraid of me?”

At the mention of her name being classified as lovely, Ditzy had let out a little, embarrassed giggle but as soon as the conversation had switched to the confusion of the human over why she had not been frightened, the mare before him seemed to adopt a hardened look before replying in an almost desolately cold voice.

“Just because somepon-someone looks different doesn't mean they are scary or mean or different inside.”

Jonathan blinked in surprise at the mare before him, of her almost accusing stance, opening his mouth to speak before he was silenced by a fairly noticeable cough that exploded from Twilight, his head turning to stare at her, her face set in an almost disapproving scowl before she nodded her head backwards at the large crowd that had gathered around them, indicating that this was not the type of entrance she had wanted for him in Ponyville. With a light sigh, Jonathan turned back to Ditzy.

“Well, it was a pleasure meeting you Miss Doo but I have to leave now.”

Ditzy giggled before she floated into the air with a gentle flick of her wings, turning to fly away before she shot a glance at Jonathan, speaking up carelessly as she flapped away.

“Bye Mr Jonathan!”

Jonathan watched her go for a while, eyes glazed over, not with pain or sadness, but with happiness and a flicker of hope that he could persevere, that he could endure what had happened, what would happen because he was Jonathan, because he was not the pawn of a God, not unless he caved in completely. He could fight, both the spirit of chaos and whatever social stigma these ponies must have for him because if she could, this little mare who they had called Derpy, then why shouldn't he be able to?

He was roused from his thoughts by Twilight nuzzling his hand with frustration at his zoning out, the crowd that had gathered now dispersing and leaving the scene, muttering to each other and shooting Jonathan little looks that, shockingly, contained very little fear, the main expression now being one of curiosity. The little lavender mare by his side rose up with her voice, tones high and apologetic as she began to trot away, Jonathan following her whilst continually glancing at the direction in which the wall eyed mare had flown away.

“I'm sorry about Derpy, she's such a scatterbrain.”

Jonathan replied, his voice almost jubilant.

“It was an accident, nobod-nopony's fault.”

Twilight continued to trot forward, Jonathan following close behind, glancing this way and that, the lavender unicorn's voice escalating with annoyance as she piped up.

“Hmm, she seems to have a lot of accidents revolving around her.”

Jonathan frowned at that, turning his head back to offer a retort, a rebuttal for the mare that had managed to raise his mood without even realizing it before the words were caught in his mouth, strangled and choked, his golden eyes bugging as he saw where exactly the pair of them were heading.

In front of Jonathan, perhaps twenty seconds worth of walking, sat a deep, dark, almost purple coloured tree that hosted a great head of luscious lime green and ivy coloured leaves that sprouted from its top like extending fingers. Sparkling, crystal clear windows glittered beautifully from random location across the tree, a small, red, wooden door seated in the exact centre of the behemoth, welcoming and settling into the tree fluidly with perfect ease and precision. A few balconies lay scattered across the tree, red floors and what appeared to be iron bars being the safety measurements that prevented the threat of falling from the high height. At the top of the tree sat a large, carefully positioned telescope that pointed upwards into the sky, chrome colour glinting and sparkling in the faint sunlight. Directly beside the front door sat a simple red sign with a picture of an open book, clearly indicating that whatever building this was, it would most certainly have something to do with books.

He was yanked forcefully out of his admiring, open jawed look by Twilight turning back to him and, quite rudely, poking him with her horn in his leg, obviously eager to get back home quickly and efficiently, her courtesy worn down by the earlier shouting match and the rather embarrassing walk through town. With a little shiver of anticipation, his earlier anger forgotten, Jonathan and Twilight began to walk towards their destination, Jonathan's eager, almost childish desire to see what was inside the illustrious tree even affecting Twilight, who kept turning her head to admire his painted, happy little smile, a similar look coming across her face every time she saw him.

Soon enough, they had made it to the front door, which Twilight opened for herself with a gentle aura of purple magic, trotting in calmly and quietly as Jonathan struggled to contain a squeal at the stunning and mysterious architecture, wondering to himself what would wait for him when he entered, pondering thoughts of beautiful workmanship as he dipped his head underneath the door to walk in, anticipation over the marvellous interior he was sure to find making Jonathan crack an enthusiastic eager smile.

The smile was soon wiped from his face however, when he looked up in time to see a jet of bright green flame shooting towards him.



A/N: New chapter, involving Derpy because how could I resist? This is un-edited because I am too tired to go over it at this current moment in time but I thought that the wait was long enough.

This chapter doesn't contain a lot of action, I know, but the next couple of chapter should make up for that since it will revolve around Jonathan taking a day out with each of the Mane 6 to learn certain aspects of Equestrian life or to just have a bit of fun. Madness will ensue.

Anyway, this is my last update for two weeks since I am going on holiday for that long and, I know, I've already been on holiday but that was a school related vacation, this is a full on family ordeal.

Tell me what you think of this chapter and enjoy!