• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 762 Views, 12 Comments

The Lost Legends of Equestria: Star Swirl the Bearded - Silver Inkwell



Follow the tale and story about the real truth behind the great and powerful yet still mysterious Star Swirl as told by (the) Princess Celestia to her student Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
4
 12
 762

PreviousChapters Next
Going West

1000+ Years Before (Again)…

“You’re going where again exactly?” Pearl asked him.

“West, North, East,” he said, “Basically I will be traveling around a lot.”

“Yeah, I know, it’s just that I don’t really feel safe or comforted not knowing where you are going exactly, I mean what if you get hurt or injured or worse?

What if you get lost? Shouldn’t you bring some pony along even if not me?”

“Yes, I should,” he said, “But I can’t and won’t because this is a journey that I must complete all alone, the lands I will be traveling to are not for regular every day ordinary ponies, it would take one that Is very special, different, unique, odd and unusual, one such as myself for example, to complete and finish this very long and hard journey, besides, they’re not ready to see it either or learn of the great wide vast knowledge and power that these lands hold for them.

Not yet at least, that will come later, eventually.”

“But when will you be back again?” she said.

“I plan on traveling no more than ten years in total, that should give me time enough at each place, and since we are now immortal I don’t really need to worry about food or what I’ll need to carry, I’ll just bring the essentials along.”

“Since your essentials doesn’t include me does that mean that I’m not special?”

“Of course you’re special, never think anything else or different or less of yourself, for if you do you will only be lying to yourself about how great and special and different and unique and odd and unusual you truly are.”

“Alright then, you win this time, you clever little wise wizard, but make sure to come back and stay loyal to me,” she said

“How dare you accuse me of that most heinous criminal act,” he said, “But don’t worry, I will come back in due time, eventually.”

“I know that you will, and I can only hope and pray and have faith that you will not be hurt along the way of your journey, and that you will stay safe too.”

“I will,” he said, “Do you doubt my power and knowledge and wisdom?”

“No, I just worry about your safety because that’s what ponies who care about others do, now then, you better be off on your journey now, you have a long way ahead of you and I wouldn’t want you to get delayed or be behind.”

“Hey, I’m the one that usually says that, you took my line,” he said complaining as he walked to the front door with all his stuff and things.

Pearl merely just smiled and said, “Well then I am very sorry, but go now, please go before I can change my mind and doubt my whole entire sanity.”

And with that said he nodded and then left slowly fading out of her sight into the distance far away, but never out of her mind or heart or her thoughts, ideas, and dreams, and that alone would be enough to sustain him.

He went West first even though he didn’t know why exactly, he just felt and sensed it so it would be better if you didn’t ask him or me as to why exactly he went that way, so let it remain a mere simple mystery instead.

He wandered far and wide and he even eventually found a new strange and odd and mysterious unusual bird just sitting there all alone in a bare tree.

“Hello there,” he said when he spotted it, “What are you exactly?”

The bird squawked a response at him and he understood.

“A phoenix you say?” he said, “How curious and interesting, but tell me this, are you lost or far away from your home? And what is your name exactly?”
The bird squawked again, although this time it was very slightly different.

“You say that this is your home? How odd and unusual, and you also ask why I can understand you? Well it’s a simple answer really, a magic spell of course.

One that enables ponies such as myself to understand all kinds of various both big and large and small and tiny and odd and unusual and different and special and unique of course. But you also say that you have no name yet?

Well then I shall name you Felicia since you are a female, but do you like that name or would you rather I change it to something else better instead?”

Felicia squawked once more again (and like last time it was also different).

“You do like it? Well then, that’s quite good and excellent, but do you wish to come join me on this mighty epic quest as I travel these lands seeking out its vast wide knowledge and power? Will you come join with me now?”

Felicia squawked her agreement to him (also different this time as well).

“Excellent then, our journey begins at once, come with me now and join me to where I know not we go,” and with that said they went on their way.

They went even further west than they had both either predicted or anticipated as they passed several and many little tiny places where a small town could be built and he took note of them and it in his notebook which he always carried with him at all times, even when he was sleeping in his carry along tent, but despite how far they went they still had not arrived at the end or edge yet.

“I can’t believe that after all this time we still haven’t reached the end or edge of this land,” he said to Felicia (but mostly to calm down his mental state of mind), “I mean can you believe it because I know that I can’t.”

She squawked her response.

“Hey there, easy girl, don’t get all sarcastic on me, that’s my job you know.”

She puffed out her chest and squawked even some more.

“Hey, watch your language, this is supposed to be for kids you know!”

She squawked out an apology very slowly.

“Thank you, that’s much better, now then, shall we continue?”

She nodded and they went on their way once more again.

Author's Note:

I leave it up to your (naughty) little tiny mind to fill in the blanks as to what 'she"' (Felicia, the Phoenix/ Bird) said.

Anyhow that's all for now, and now this is officially a Novel. (Yeah!)

When I began this I never thought or imagined that it could get this long or that I would ever write a full length MLP:FIM TV Show Novel, but I did apparently.

Anyhow thanks for all the support, faves, and likes, please continue to support me.

Anyhow here's a rough outline/ guide for the next few chapters.

The Tree of Chaos
Going North
Finding the Crystal Empire
Going East
The Isle of Alicar
Mentorship/ Teaching
(Saying Goodbye)
Going South

Anyhow, that's all for now, peace out.

And stay tuned for more!

PreviousChapters Next