• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 762 Views, 12 Comments

The Lost Legends of Equestria: Star Swirl the Bearded - Silver Inkwell



Follow the tale and story about the real truth behind the great and powerful yet still mysterious Star Swirl as told by (the) Princess Celestia to her student Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
4
 12
 762

PreviousChapters Next
Practical Pranks

1000+ Years Ago,

(Or Roughly the Founding and Establishment of Equestria),

The two girls were bored, it was taking quite a long time, much longer than they expected to start the construction of the castle and build it.

And they wanted to be entertained, and then Luna had an idea (as she was the one that was more for practical jokes and pranks rather than subtle and clever wise banter like her older sister Celestia did), “Hey Tia,” she said, “I have an idea, want to have some fun with the workers or something like that?”

“I’m ready for any kind of fun, action, or humor at this point,” Celestia said, “But what did you have in mind for them exactly?” she asked curiously.

“You’ll see, all will be explained in due time my dear older sister,” she said.

And with that said the two of them ran through the town gathering supplies and then with a devious smile on their faces they readied the traps.

When the first worker came in he was surprised to find that a water balloon landed on his head, and looking up to see who threw it he saw the two girls laughing hysterically on the floor, with an angry sigh he went back to work, he knew that it was no use trying to teach something, besides, making them upset or cry would not be a very good situation for him, it would only cause even more trouble, and so he went back to work in mere humble submission.

When the next worker came in he was surprised to find that his tools and lunch and glue and mortar and cement were all mixed up together in a various random combination, and he too looked up to see the girls laughing, sighed angrily, and then like the first went to work with humble submission.
When the third worker came in he was surprised to find that instead of water for his cleaning agent for his mop and rags it was sticky glue instead.

And like the other two he had the exact same reaction and went back to work in humble submission just like the others, but their reactions were becoming expected at this point, they wouldn’t put up a fight against the two of them.

“I’m bored now,” Luna said, “And I’m also out of ideas, have anything at all?”

“Hmmm…” Celestia said thinking very deeply, “Oh, I know, how about…”

And with that she whispered the idea into her sister’s idea with a very devious smile, “Oh my,” Luna said, “Surely you would not go to such lengths?”


“Why not sister? I am a master of words? And who would dare doubt us?”

“Hmmm… You’re right, but are you sure you want to do this? We could get in some very serious trouble, and surely Comet will be very angry at us?”

“He might be,” Celestia said, “But I’m just so desperate for some fun, action, humor or adventure that I’m willing to risk his anger, wrath, and fury.”

“Alright then,” Luna said nervously, “I guess that I’m in then.”

“Good then,” Celestia said, “We must begin at once then, we must make sure that this will go down perfectly, I just really hope that nothing bad happens that could ruin our plans, I mean that would be very bad for us if it did, right?”

“Yes, of course,” Luna said, “But we’ll make sure that it won’t, right?”

“Of course, right,” she said, “Come on now, we are wasting time.”

And with that said they went on their way to prepare for their elaborate trap, for it was going to have to be an absolute perfect design and trick.

Several hours later Star Swirl came to check the progress of the castle and he was quite pleasantly surprised and shocked to see that it was going quite well.

“I see that all is going quite well,” he said looking at it, “But where are the girls exactly?” he asked looking around expecting to see them somewhere.

“Oh, I don’t know,” one of the nameless workers said, “I would recommend and highly suggest that you follow the trail of destruction that they have left around the place, it shouldn’t be too hard to follow that.”

And with that said he followed the trail left behind the two of them.

Eventually following the trail he found them in an upper balcony.

“Girls,” he said, “Can you please explain to me what you have done?”

“Oh, nothing really,” Celestia said, “Just a few practical pranks and jokes.”

“A few?” he asked, “Well if that’s all, but still, it’s not nice to others.”

“Well we’ll try to be better in the future, we can promise you this.”

“Alright then,” he said, “But you better keep it or else it will be worthless.”

“We will,” they said and then while they were walking they talked to one another about their prank, “I’m not so sure if I want to do this anymore.”

“Yeah,” Celestia said, “I certainly wouldn’t want to break my promise to him, I mean he may not get upset at us for breaking it, but he would surely be disappointed instead, and that is far more worse than him being angry at us.”

“Yeah,” Luna said, “I would hate to imagine the look on his face if he was…”

And she only said that because so far he had yet to be disappointed in them.

“Alright,” Luna said, “The jokes and pranks are off for now, or at least to other ponies, alright sister, can you agree on to this?” she said sticking her hoof out.

“Yes,” she said doing a hoof shake, “But don’t expect me not to prank you.”

Luna smiled, “I wouldn’t have it any other way, not for the whole entire world.”

And with that said the girls separated and stopped talking.

“What were you two talking about there?” Star Swirl asked them.

“Oh, nothing,” Luna lied, “Nothing at all.”

“Alright then,” he said with a curious look on his face that suggested that he knew more than what he asked and what they were actually telling him.

And with that said they arrived at his house, their temporary stay until the castle was finished, but Pearl loved having the two little young girls over, after all, she could bake treats for them (and quite often and frequently she did) and she asked questions of them, they answered, they asked questions of both of them, they both replied, and there were other interactions like games, teaching them to bake, read, or write (but in their own unique, special different way since they had been taught all of this and other basic things and stuff back home), and there was more than enough room in the guests room to let them live in it for as long as they liked (and when they asked Star Swirl why he had so much furniture like beds and chairs and such a large house with so many rooms he merely responded and replied with, “You never know when guests will come and arrive, and I always seek to do my best to prepare and ready myself before they may or may not come, just like with every natural disaster too, I mean you really should see the storage rooms sometime very soon.

I mean, they are bigger on the inside than the outside, just like this house!”).

And so the two young little fillies settled into their beds and lay down to rest, “Good night, my little ponies,” he said kissing them on their foreheads.

(In most cases this would be odd or creepy, but you do have to remember that while the two of them had bodies as young as fillies they were actually quite much older, more than Star Swirl himself, and also he was their Godfather too, so that was another fact to consider, so… yeah… back to the story now.)

Then Pearl looked at them while they slept and said, “Aren’t they just the most adorable things that you have ever seen? They’re just so cute.”

“I know honey,” he said putting one hoof on her back in gentle support.

“I just wish that we could keep them with us always and forever,” she said.

“Me too,” Star Swirl said, and only because he wanted to protect them from the danger and peril that the world held, but mostly from Luna’s Fate and Destiny.

“You do?” Pearl asked in some slight shock and surprise.

“Of course,” he said, ‘I want to protect them from the dangers and perils of this world, but I know that I cannot do this forever, they must face it all alone, and we can only do so much to help them and prepare them for it,” and then he winced once he said this, he really was a terrible liar, he could do it, yes, but not well, but then again after many years he did develop how to lie quite well, and while it was not a lie technically, but it was not the whole truth either.

“Yes, I understand that,” Pearl said, “And I feel exactly the same way too.”

“Good then,” he said, “They may need both of us in the future, after all, they did lose their mother many years ago, and their father is on the brink of death, they have faced much pain, sorrow and despair up until now, but what lays ahead of them, it is both worse for them and greater as well too, but in the end I see that it will all work out quite well, or at least for one future that is.”

“What about the others?” she asked.

“I’m not sure, I guess that we’ll just have to wait and see.”

And with that said he shut the door very gently making sure not to disturb them in their silent sleep and then he let the darkness and night take hold in the room as the two ‘young’ fillies drifted off to sleep very gradually.

And with that Star Swirl stayed up late in the night dedicated to his work.

And all was well in the house and the lands… until 30 Years Later of course.

And what happened Thirty Years Later you ask? Well simple, Chaos.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the joke line reference from Star Swirl, the opportunity for a pun was just too much for me to resist this time.

Anyhow originally I did plan for a joke to be played by The Two Sisters, but I couldn't think of anything and so I scrapped it (it would have taken me way much more longer to think of something, even anything, but I feel like this is going slow enough already that I didn't want to stretch this out any longer than it needs to be), but if you have an idea for what they might have planned or thought then feel free to leave a comment down below because I have absolutely no idea what they might have said, and if the very author of a story has no idea of what a character means or actually said, then it's up to the fans to do Fanfiction.

Next Chapter: Preparation for the War and The Vision
Next Chapter After That: Chaos Comes/ Arrives

When you throw Discord into the mix you know that trouble is going to be stirred up.

So stay tuned for more!

PreviousChapters Next