• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 762 Views, 12 Comments

The Lost Legends of Equestria: Star Swirl the Bearded - Silver Inkwell



Follow the tale and story about the real truth behind the great and powerful yet still mysterious Star Swirl as told by (the) Princess Celestia to her student Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
4
 12
 762

PreviousChapters Next
Two Years Later (Again)...

Two Years Later (Again)…

“I’ve got it!” Star Swirl shouted making Pearl shiver with fear and nervousness, whenever he said that it meant that he either had a brilliantly genius idea that was creative (even if chaotic or dangerous), or it was stupid (or sounded like it).

“Miss Pearl White, I’ve really got it this time!” he said (White was now her legal last name, it was faster all better than Swirl, and no better than Shining).

“What is it this time?” Pearl asked cleaning up and organizing the mess that he had just made as he rushed through the house causing chaos in his wake.

“Immortality,” he said, “Think about it, I’ve done lots of other spells, I have done teleportation, aging, duplication, even dabbled with time travel and death and life and light and darkness and order and chaos, but this, this will change the world, imagine if a select few, the wise, the smart, the creative, the leaders, imagine if they were immortal, not every pony for that would cause too much trouble instead, but imagine if all the great ponies lived, and think about how that could change the world, and even if I fail, I can still extend life spans.”

“Well that’s good,” Pearl said in her nice casual supportive tone, “Work on it then, I don’t really care either way, just make sure to clean up when you’re done,” and with that said she started to wander off but was grabbed by Star Swirl instead. “You don’t get it, do you?” he said, “This- could- change- the- world, don’t you understand? And we can also really be together forever.”
“Well I guess that is good,” she said, “But don’t you think it’ll get lonely?”
“That’s why I’ll have you there by my side, and that’s all I need really.”

“But what about my parents? Can they live or should they rather die instead?”

“They must die, this is not for them, it is for us instead, I’m sorry Pearl, but this is the way that it must be, if there was another way, I would chase it.”

“But there’s not another way, is there? If there were, you would chase it.

Why should you get to choose who lives and dies? Isn’t that for them to choose? If we give it to one pony, then we must give it to all who want it.”

“You’re right of course, but don’t worry, this spell, it will be kept secret, it won’t even be available to the public with copies of my spell books or journals, in fact it won’t be in my journal at all, it’s going to be in a completely new different place instead, one that even I will not know about once it is finally done with.”

“Oh, really, and how do you plan on doing that exactly?” she asked.

“Simple, once the spell is done and complete and works, you will take it wo wherever you want, and you can bury it, hide it, whatever, just make sure that it will stay safe, and it will only be known to the two of us, that is all.”

“Wait, you’re going to make us immortal and not any pony else?”

“Yes, and I’m sorry, but I can’t save every pony, too many problems, and I also can’t choose who should live or die, that’s something I leave up to you.

For once I am done with the spell and have cast it, it is rightfully yours, and I’m sorry if you feel like I’m making you chooses something by force.”

“Everything is forgiven,” Pearl said, “I think I can handle the spell and gift.”

“That’s what you say now,” he said, “Wait until later and you will see.”

“See what exactly?” she asked curiously.

“The terrible curse and great gift and price of immortality, you will see it, or at least you will eventually, and
I can only hope that you will not despair over it but instead see both sides as equal even if not fair in justice and mercy.”

“Sometimes you make no sense at all, but that’s exactly what I like about you,” Pearl said with a slight laugh and giggle nuzzling him on the face.

“Thank you for the support,” Star Swirl said revising and editing the spell.

“Are you almost done with that now?” she asked glancing over his shoulder.

“Yes,” he said, “I really just hope that this works out, if not… well let’s just say that I have no idea what will happen to us, but it would be very bad.”
“Well then, I hope that it works out too,” she said readying herself for it.
“Well, here goes nothing or everything I guess,” he said nervously with some slight fear in his voice and then coughing and taking a deep breath he went on.
Infinite the ocean and sands of time be, but let us be set free. Hold unto the chains of death no more, hold not the same fate as all the others have in store.

Release us now from the bonds death and instead let us have eternal life instead and live as we are now, forever young, forever beautiful, forever immortal.”

After he said the spell nothing happened and Pearl asked, “Did it work?”

“I don’t know,” he said, “There’s only one way to know for sure exactly.”

“And what’s that?” she asked as he examined her hooves and hair.

“What are you doing?” she asked as he continued to gaze at her.

“Looking for signs of aging,” he said, “And you still are by the way.”

“How do you know that for sure?” she asked.

“Don’t ask, but let’s just say that I know that your immune system hasn’t gotten any better, we wizards do have a detailed knowledge about this stuff.”

“Uh, okay,” she said, “If you say so, but now what if I may ask?”

“I work on it of course! I don’t care how long it takes, I will have the secret to immortal life and eternal youth!” he shouted out with an evil maniacal laugh.

“Sorry about that,” he said, “I can be a little bit… eccentric at certain times.”

“I know that,” she said, “Just make sure to leave some time for me, okay?”

“Don’t worry, I will,” he said as he went back to work on the spell muttering incoherent phrases and sentences, “I wonder where I went wrong…”

And with that Pearl just smiled and went on her way doing small house work.

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: Four Years Later (Again)...

Where Star Swirl/ Comet discovers the secret to immortality and Eternal Youth!

Bottoms Up! (This will make sense when you read it on later since it is in a potion actually.)

So stay tuned for more!

PreviousChapters Next