• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 762 Views, 12 Comments

The Lost Legends of Equestria: Star Swirl the Bearded - Silver Inkwell



Follow the tale and story about the real truth behind the great and powerful yet still mysterious Star Swirl as told by (the) Princess Celestia to her student Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
4
 12
 762

PreviousChapters Next
Back to the Story...

Back to the Story…

“That was… interesting,” Pearl said after a long moment of silence when they finally separated apart from each other and stopped the embrace of the kiss.

“Sorry if that came as a shock or surprise, it’s just that I couldn’t hold on to that anymore without telling you something, I just couldn’t keep it in anymore or any longer, and I just knew, I just felt like it was the right time to share it.”

“It was the perfect time,” Pearl said, “This is the best gift I could have ever received or been given to or from another pony, and I can’t thank you enough.”

“You’re welcome, and actually you can repay me, with another kiss, did any pony ever tell you that you’re a great kisser? Because you really are a great one, and I mean it, I’m not joking around, this is the honest truth as it is.”

“Stop it,” she said, “And no, no pony ever did tell me that I’m a great kisser since I never went on any dates of any kind with any pony else since you left.”

“Well that’s a shame, I hope you didn’t do it out of my sake, I want you to be happy an enjoy yourself and life, don’t stay where you are in the pit of misery waiting for me to come around, because honestly I might not have, I could have been gone for good, and you would still be trapped there where you were for so long, and no pony else could help you out or rescue you since you would be waiting around for me, a hope that might never come, but you would still insist that I would come for you and then I would rescue you from that deep dark pit.

But you must ask yourself this, what would happen if I did not come back for you? What would your life be like, how much more different would it turn out?”

“I don’t know how it would turn out,” she said honestly, “But I do know that it would not be the same without you, without your thoughts, feelings, hopes, dreams, fears, and ideas, I would never have been inspired by you to act on my alone in defiance against my parents, I might not have ever started or finished my dream that I had, I might have left it to die and I would never pick up the pieces, you’ve changed me Star Swirl, for better or worse, you changed me.”

“I know,” he said, “I know that I have changed you, and I would never ever take that experience away from you, not even if it would cost me my own life.”

“That is so loyal and generous and kind of you, and brave as well, truly there is no pony quite like you, and there may never ever be another just like you, and that’s what I love about you, you’re funny, smart, optimistic, and confusing.

There’s nothing wrong with you and nothing hidden deep down inside of you, you are an open book, or chest. And I wouldn’t prefer you or have you any other way, and that the way I’m going to love you from now on and forever.”

“Truly the words you speak, they are one of the kindest that I have ever gotten or received, and you speak a lot of kind and generous words, especially about me, so what I say now, it means a lot, and it means more than you think it does, it means the world to me, all your words that you speak and say to me.

All your actions too, truly it is you that is different from all the rest and others.”

“Well thank you for saying so, but I don’t think either of us speak the truth.”

“If it is our own honest opinion, and we speak it true with nothing held back, then tell me this, how can we lie, if what we do, is only speak the truth?”

“You’re right,” she said, “But I guess it doesn’t matter now, I don’t think either of us can stay much longer, we have to say goodbye to each other… again.”

“Yes, we do,” Star Swirl said, “But this time, it should be easier, or at least I hope so that it might be and is, goodbye Pearl, until we meet each other again.”

“Goodbye, Star Swirl, until we meet each other again,” she said as he left, but this time instead of being and remaining quiet, she cried out her last thought very loudly as he faded away out of sight and distance, but not out of her mind, “I love you!” she said, “And I will always miss you when you leave or when you’re gone!

And make sure to come back, will you please do that for me?”

“Of course I will! I will always come back for you, I promise!” he said very loudly back to her in reply, “And I won’t forget you either! And I also love you too!”

And with that said both ponies remained silent, for no other words needed to be spoken or said by either of them, and so Pearl was left all alone in the small café shop, and Star Swirl had to travel the lands all alone too, it was very lonely for both of them after that day as the day, weeks, months, and years went by, and time seemed to pass very slowly for them, that was until one very fateful day something happened to change that, something new and unexpected, it was something no pony could have seen or predicted, but what it was, well it was bad, it threatened the safety of all the other ponies of Equestria, and so long as they were in danger, peril, and risk, that could not and would not be accepted by Star Swirl, and so it happened that this event eventually led the two of them to meet back up again with each other in the most unexpected way, but it doesn’t matter how or when they met up, what matters is what really happened on that day, what the real truth and story behind the lies is…

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: Two Years Later...

Stay tuned for more.

PreviousChapters Next