• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 762 Views, 12 Comments

The Lost Legends of Equestria: Star Swirl the Bearded - Silver Inkwell



Follow the tale and story about the real truth behind the great and powerful yet still mysterious Star Swirl as told by (the) Princess Celestia to her student Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
4
 12
 762

PreviousChapters Next
Chaos Comes/ Arrives

It turned out that the next day held rather a whole lot in store for him.

When he woke up in the morning he knew that he would either find a written letter for him or he would face the princesses themselves directly.

He was surprised and shocked to find it a slight combination of both.

He saw the princesses there in his front room with written letters.

“Huh, that’s a surprise and shock,” he said to himself when he saw them, and then he spoke up louder to them both, “I wasn’t expecting visit from you this early in the morning, if I had known that you were coming I would have made some tea, and speaking of which, Pearl, do you mind making them some tea now? Oh and could you also bring us some little tiny snacks and treats too?”

“Yes,” she said, “I’ll be right on that.”

“Thank you my dear,” he said and then turned to them, “What are you doing here so early in the morning exactly? Is something wrong?”

“You know full well what is wrong,” Celestia said, “And do not pretend to be surprised or shocked to find us here, you probably already knew that we would come and that this would happen.”

“Well I knew that you would come when I woke up, or perhaps maybe a letter instead, but I just woke up so I don’t know the details of it exactly.”

“Well then, let me explain, Discord is here within the borders of these lands.”

“Are you sure?” he asked them.

“We’re quite sure,” she said holding the letters up, “These are hand written letters from all the citizens and ponies of other towns, and they all say the same single one thing in common, that a monster with great power and strength is attacking their town and making everything around them chaotic.

There can be no doubt in my mind that this is our enemy that we seek, the only one, but he is even closer now, much more so than we thought, in fact the rate that he has advanced at is quite shocking and surprising, but it is something that I can only show you and not tell you, but be prepared, the images and things that you may see may and will be… disturbing.”

“I laugh at that statement, I see plenty of strange and disturbing things and images in my dreams and visons, far too many to ever even count at all.”

“Yes, that may be true, but this is the very element of chaos we are talking about here, nothing about this being, this entity, this spirit, nothing about him makes any sense at all, he is far too confusing for even us to ever understand.”

“Me too,” Star Swirl said, “But come, show me what it is that you cannot say or speak, I am sure that it will be quite interesting indeed.”

And with that said Celestia lead him to the castle (even though he could walk there by himself blindfolded) and lead him to a balcony with a telescope on it.

“Look into it,” she said, “And then try to tell me what you see.”

And with that said he did so, and he was as the princess said.

He was quite shocked and surprised at the sight which he saw.

There were thick pink cotton candy clouds (delicious, he thought to himself), and they (the thick pink cotton candy clouds) also poured down thick rich chocolate (even more delicious, he thought to himself), and all the houses of the town which he saw flung in midair in various positions, some stood still (even if not straight up,) others spun around in constant circles forever.

There were also giant animals of various sizes running around and there were also giant cards from many various different decks of cards as well too.

And there were all sorts of other various chaotic things and stuff there as well too, far too many to describe, but I’ll leave it up to your own imagination.

“I didn’t think that he ever could or would get this far,” he said, “And I never expected this, sure he’s been… silly and fun in the past, but this, this is on the border and verge of declaring war on you, or it could be just his nature.”

“Perhaps,” she said, “But then again, maybe not, who knows with him.”

“Perhaps you are right, maybe, but we will have to see, won’t we now?”

“Yes, we shall,” and with that said they sat in silence waiting patiently.

And soon enough the wave of chaos was approaching them.

“Here he comes, you’d better get ready,” Star Swirl said.

And with that said suddenly the world turned into chaos.

All the paintings and bookshelves floated in the air while pink cotton candy clouds formed inside the castle as maniacal laughter filled the air.

“Well hello there, princesses!” Discord said popping up from nowhere, “It’s so nice to see you once more again, it has been so long since we last met, and is that Star Swirl the great and powerful wizard? My, you’ve aged well.”

“It’s nice to see you too,” he said gesturing for the princesses to get out of the room and when they asked him why in their movements he smiled and winked which meant ‘Trust me, I know what I am doing’, and with that they left.

“Do you want to play a game with me?” he asked.

“Well of course I do,” Discord said, “I would love to.”

And then he pulled out a chess set and Celestia couldn’t help ask one last thing before she left, “You’re actually going to play game with that monster?”

“I’m not a monster,” Discord said, “Well maybe perhaps, but thing and spirit are much better terms for me, and have some respect for me please.”

“Forgive her,” he said gesturing for her to leave and then she did so, “She is not quite so wise in the matters that pertain to you as much as I am.”

“Clearly not,” Discord said, “I just wish that she had more respect and was more fun like you are, but no matter. Now then, shall we play our little game?”

“Gladly,” he said moving a random piece to a random spot, for in this game there were no rules of any kind, which made it the best game to play with Discord so that he could distract him long enough while the Princesses got the Elements of Harmony, and hopefully they would arrive soon enough with them.

“You know what,” Discord said, “I don’t think you really want to play with me.”

“Whatever do you mean by that?” Star Swirl said now on a random turn.

“I think that you’re just trying to distract me so that they can get to the Elements of Harmony,

“Surely you must be wrong, and if you are right for the sake of argument then I had no idea about this at all” he said trying to stall and delay him.

Discord merely just smiled at this comment, then frowned, then went on, “I really don’t like ponies who try to lie to me, now then don’t try to deny it and pretend to be shocked or surprised that I know about them because honestly what did you expect, did you really think that I wouldn’t keep a close eye on something that could defeat me? Well you would be so very wrong, anyhow I think that it is time that our little game to an end, don’t you agree?”

And with that said he cleared away the chess game and stretched out his arms and limbs, “I’m glad for the little time that we had to play, but this must end.

And besides, I have a much better game for them in mind…”

“What do you have planned for them exactly?” he asked.

“Oh, you know, the usual, a maze filled with traps to make you go crazy and insane and it splits you up and messes with your mind until you change.”

“Oh,” Star Swirl said, “That is a good game, but is it the best?”

“Yes,” Discord said with a smile, “I am sure that it is, and I am sorry that I can’t stay, but I do want to see what kind of trouble I can cause here, anyhow goodbye my old friend and foe, until next time that we meet each other again.”

And with that said Discord then snapped his fingers and teleported himself to a maze that he just made up on the spot for the princesses.

Star Swirl swore to himself saying “Damn,” (his favorite swear in case you were wondering about that) and he knew that he would have to wait for them to finish the maze on their own, he could not help them in this case otherwise they would never ever learn a very important lesson of pain, endurance, and sorrow and despair as well too, and so he had to entertain himself.

Eventually however they did manage to find their way out of the maze and when he asked them to tell him the details and share they remained silent.

“We do not wish to speak of it,” she said, “Do you understand that?”

“Yes,” he said, “I do understand, and I will respect your wishes, if you do not wish for me to press the matter any further than I will not, but if you ever should feel the need, want, or desire to talk to me, I am always here for you, and my door will always remain open for you my dear friends.”

And with that said Celestia nodded and they went to their beds for they had now defeated Discord using the powers of the Elements of Harmony together for neither one of them alone represented all the Elements of Harmony.

But together, perhaps maybe they did, and so it was that he was now trapped in stone, and although he had only ruled for about a month in real time he tricked Luna and Celestia to believe that it was an ‘eternity’ instead.

But he did not wish to tell them the real time, not yet, they had no need to know right then, for now all they needed was some rest, relaxation and sleep.

And so he closed the curtains and doors around their room making sure that the doors were shut tight and locked (using his magic of course) and then he left for his own home and getting into his bed as the dream of them using the Elements of Harmony to defeat Discord, and so all was quite well.

Well, all was quite well and fine, until the sirens arrived and came, and then that was when even more problems arose from their sudden appearance.

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: Song of the Sirens
And Also: The Sirens Come/ Arrive

So stay tuned for more!

PreviousChapters Next