• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 762 Views, 12 Comments

The Lost Legends of Equestria: Star Swirl the Bearded - Silver Inkwell



Follow the tale and story about the real truth behind the great and powerful yet still mysterious Star Swirl as told by (the) Princess Celestia to her student Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
4
 12
 762

PreviousChapters Next
The Girls Come/ Arrive

A few weeks later the girls came, and every pony there was shocked and surprised at their arrival, but luckily enough Star Swirl was there to greet them. “Well hello there, girls,” he said as he saw the royal guards behind them, “I assume that these are friends of yours?” he said gesturing to them.

“If by friends you mean royally assigned guards to protect us, then yes,” the young little black filly named Luna said, “It’s so annoying to have them here.”

“But it’s for our own good Lulu,” the young filly named Celestia said.

“Well I don’t really care, I couldn’t care any less,” she said in anger.

“Girls, calm down,” Star Swirl said, “All your opinions, thoughts, ideas, fears, hopes, and other stuff are welcome here, but please keep the fighting and bickering to a minimum. And also there is no need for formality around me, let us call each other our nicknames if we want to, we all know them, right?”

“Of course, Comet,” Celestia said. “We could never forget a unicorn so amazing and wonderful as you, you’re one of the best friends that we have ever had.”

“Well then Tia, I think that is best that we introduce you to the tribe leaders then, they’re going to be so shocked and surprised when they see both of you.”

And with that said Star Swirl walked in front of them as a sign of respect and authority, and while technically they were just as powerful as him (maybe even more so), he had to be the one in front so that other ponies would know that they posed no threat and that they were important ponies of any kind of matter, political, geographical, economic, diplomatic, whatever the case was.

While Star Swirl had no political position, and didn’t get involved in it because, “it was just plain stupid,” he still was a well-respected and powerful member of the community and every pony knew his name, no pony would ever dare cross him or attack the convoy with his presence leading the front of the thing.

Well they wouldn’t attack if they had any kind of common sense or knowledge that is, they had to be plain crazy, stupid or suicidal to do such a thing.

And with that thought in his mind he took the girls to the town hall.

The town hall had been recently built by the strong earth ponies, and rather than taking months as you would expect in the human world, it only took days with every pony hard at work giving it their very best effort, time, and energy.

In fact every house and building had the same care, devotion, time, effort, and energy put into it, which is why the town had a deep rooted connection of emotion deep down below and it was well hidden away from the eyes of others.

When the girls came in the town hall every pony gasped at the sight of them.

They had never seen an Alicorn before, and so naturally they were both shocked and surprised, and naturally of course questions stated being asked and they poured in by the minute each one getting louder as each pony tried desperately to be heard above the rising wave of torrential voices shouting.

“What are they?”

“Who are they?”

“Where do they come from?”

“What do they want?”

These and many more other questions came pouring in like a flood of water.

“Please, every pony, be quiet and remain calm,” Star Swirl said shouting his voice as a spell he cast made it magically amplify around the room.

“All your questions will be answered very shortly in due time. But I shall do my best to answer of all them now, these are Celestia and Luna, two alicorns.

An Alicorn, in case you haven’t figured it out by now, is a combination of all three races, pony, Pegasus, and unicorn. They have far better magic, strength, and flight abilities than any single race here. Their natural abilities respective to each race they have inside them has far more stamina, strength, speed, magic, and endurance according to the race. And they are also immortal as far as I can tell, they are here because I requested them and King Cosmos, that’s the ruler of the Alicorn Kingdom named Alicar, well he granted my request and sent them here, and her they are. But why are they here, I hear you ask, well that’s a good question, they are here to be your rulers and leaders of this land.”

Angry voices cried out in protest at this statement of declaration.

“You expect us to follow them? They don’t even have their cutie marks yet,” a loud voice said and many others took up the cry too as well.

“They look so young, they can’t rule over us,” another said.

“QUIET!” Star Swirl roared at the crowd, and they backed away in fear, they had never ever before seen Star Swirl angry before, sure he could become upset and rude over some things, but he never exploded with anger and hate like this, the fury and wrath that he showed, it was unlike anything they had ever seen before. “DO YOU THINK THAT I WISH TO HEAR YOU ARGUMENTS?” he shouted at them, “THERE IS NO ARGUMENT OR DEBATE! THEY SHALL BE YOUR RULERS AND LEADERS! AND ANY PONY WHO HAS ANY ISSUE WITH THAT CAN COME AND SEE ME DIRECTLY! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?”

“You’re quite clear,” the crowd said to appease him so that he would be calm.

“Well then, thank you,” he said returning once more again to his calm loving gentle state of mind and voice, “I don’t wish to impose on any of your rights, beliefs, ideas, thoughts, hopes, ideas, fears, or dreams, but their rule will be the best one for Equestria, and while they may look young they are actually thousands of years old with much experience and wisdom and knowledge.

Without their guidance, the only future I see for this land is one in ruins and chaos, so you will just have to trust me on this, and as you know my visions of something bad happening to other ponies or anything else is never wrong.”

The ponies shuddered, they only knew it too well, he had predicted weather patterns and other natural disasters too. But his talent for the future only worked quite well with things that were stable and big, for example weather was not stable, it was always constantly shifting and changing, but he could always predict and know the chance of a big natural disaster coming soon.

It also was clearer for the near future since many actions would become concrete and solid as the time of the event approached closer, but it would also become fuzzy and distorted too, anything could happen to change it after all.

Events in the far future were clear and fuzzy too, he knew which major events and things and stuff was most likely to happen and also which ones that should not be. And he was never wrong once about what could or would happen, and the other ponies had no natural way of explaining any of it.

But they had learned to trust his visions and his judgment over time, and they also had to trust that he would never ever lie to them about anything at all.

“Alright Star Swirl,” Commander Hurricane said, “We’ll accept them as our leaders, but don’t expect me to be all happy about it at all.”

“I don’t,” he said knowing that for the Commander to relinquish power and command was a great accomplishment in itself since he was stubborn.

“Now then,” he said, “While they will are here they will be learning how to lead from both myself and other leaders, and they will stay here in Ponyville until such a time that a more elegant and much larger home is built.”

“Like a castle?” some pony asked in the crowd.

“Yes actually, they are royalty after all if you haven’t guessed by now,” he said.

“Is that all?” Princess Platinum asked politely.

“Yes, you may be on your way now, go, do your duties, tend your jobs, do stuff, and be way with you all, I have much that these two ponies need to learn.”

And with that said every pony left the room leaving the three of them alone.

“Now then,” he said with a smile, “Ready for some fun?”

(Again, not what you probably think it implies, in a sexual sense.)

And with that said they had some ‘fun’, which was just learning.

But it was about stuff and things that were interesting instead.

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: Learning

Where Star Swirl teaches them valuable and important life lessons.

So stay tuned for more!

PreviousChapters Next