• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 311 Views, 0 Comments

Take to the Sky - SpiritcloudofStoneclan



Scootaloo cant fly. She has never ben able to fly. But one day, she finds out something about her that will change everything.

  • ...
 0
 311

Chapter 1

My wings flapped, harder and harder. Harder than they ever had before. I started to lift off, the grass gently poking my hooves.

"Come on, you can do it Scoot!" I heard Rainbow Dash, my honorary big sister, shout. And she was also teaching me to fly, which I was super excited about.

The thing was, I couldnt fly, and nopony had a reason. They all told me my wings would grow, and I would be soaring through the sky one day, faster than ever. But, to be honest, I was starting to lose hope. Im ten years old and all the other pegasus fillys and colts have been able to fly, heck even the Cakes pegasus foal can fly. A FOAL. Its unfair.

My parents are no help either. Well, my mom. My father dissapeared when I was born, I was told he died and I dont remember what he looked like, since I only saw him once.

Finally, my body couldnt take how hard I was working, and I got too tired to go on. I dropped down, panting.

"How (pant) how'd I do (pant) Rainbow dash (pant)?" I asked.

"Your doing better, you got an inch higher than two days ago!" She told me happily, with a large smile. I flattened my ears. Still not high enough. I cant even fligh up to the clubhouse. I suck at flying, but I can go really fast on my scooter.

"Okay, well. Thanks for trying to help." I said, and started to leave.

"Hey, Scoot. Why are you so sad? Your doing great. One day, you might even be as fast as me." She said, she sounded happy, but I heard the slight hesitation.

"Yeah, but thats what everypony says. I dont think I'll ever be able to fly." I started to climb on my scooter, I heard Rainbow Dash say something, but I ignored her. I know it seems mean, but I cant help it when Im mad. I always get mad when ponies say that I'll be able to fly when its not true.

I rode home, leaned my scooter up against our home. I opened our door and looked around. My mom didnt seem to be home so i called out.

"Mom? Im home!" No answer. She was probably on another one of her buisness trips and was in a hurry. I started walking down the hallway to my room. When I walked in I saw a letter on my bed, it said;

Dear Scootaloo

Sorry I didnt have time to tell you, but I had to go on an emergency trip to Canterlot. Be back in a few days!

Love: Mom

Well, i have about 2 days all alone, what should I do. I should probably practice flying, but I really wanted to hang out with Applebloom and Sweetie Belle.

THUD

What was that. Then I started to hear hoofsteps. Maybe mom forgot something and came back for it? No, she would miss the train. Hopefully it was just Rainbow Dash or something, but Im not taking any chances. I had a pocket knife hidden under my pillow. My mom wanted me to keep it there in case somepony came in and attacked while she wasnt home.

I grabbed the knife and slowly left my room, moving as quietly as I could. When I reached the end of the hallway I looked around, then I saw something moving, or rather somepony. He was an orange pegasus with a blue mane and tail. And he was staring at a picture. I couldnt see the picture, but I tried to make out his cutie mark. I didnt realise I was leaning forward, and I was trying so hard I fell forward. I attempted to catch myself, and I dropped the knife. Then I fell flat on my face

I saw the pony whip his head around and stare at me. He stared for about 10 seconds, neither one of us moved. Then he dropped the photo and leaped out a window, shattering it. I winced at the sound. Then I leapt to my hooves and ran to the window, and looked around. He was gone.

"Scootaloo! Are you ok?!" I turned back to the door. Rainbow Dash was standing in the doorway looking really worried.

"Yeah. I'm fine. But I dont know who he was. How did you know I was in trouble?"

"I saw that pony enter, and I thought he was just going to watch you, but then I heard the crash and I saw him jump out the window. So I came to check it out." She said. "Did you atleast get a good look at him?"

I nodded. "Yeah, he was orange, a blue mane and tail. I-I didnt see his cutie mark, but hes a pegasus with blue eyes."

"Come on, Twilight or Pinkie Pie may know who he is. Pinkie probably knows so we have a higher chance with her. Come on, lets go."

As they entered sugar cube corner, they couldnt help but notice how buisy it was today. A stallion tryong to get a young colt out the door almost ran into them. They headed up the stairs.

"Pinkie? You here?" Rainbow Dash called out.

"Hiya Rainbow Dash! Hiya Scootaloo! Whats up?" Pinkie popped up infront of them.

"Pinkie, we were wondering if you would help us find out who a certain pony is." Rainbow Dash glanced at me, before looking back to Pinkie. "He kiiiiinnnddaa broke into Scoots house an-"

"WWWHHHHAAAATTTTT?!?!"

"Heh yeah. He didnt take anything, but we were wondering if you could help us find out who he is. Saying that you know everypony in Ponyville." Pinkie nodded.

"Of course! What does he look like? Was he big? Small? Was he a Unicorn? (Gasp) an ALICORN?"

I had to stifle a laugh. "No Pinkie, he was an orange pegasus with a blue mane and tail. He also had blue eyes." Pinkie thought for a moment then said.

"Nope! Sorry! Never seen him before."

"Oh, ok. Well, thanks Pinkie Pie." I smiled to her. Then we left, to continue on to the castle.

"Come on! Let us in!" Rainbow Dash shouted at the guard. "For Celestia's sake I'm an Element of Harmony. Doesnt that stand for anything?!"

"Yes. It does. But Queen Chrysalis has created a second army and is attempting to get spies out here. How do we know you or your little friend here arent Changelings? Were under strict orders not to let anypony in."

"Its okay, there safe." A familiar voice entered the conversation.

"Twilight, we need to talk to you. Its important." Dash stepped up.

Twilight let us in, and we explained everything. She seemed really suprised, but when we told her what he looked like she looked through some files.

"So he was orange? With a blue mane and tail? What was his cutie mark?" She asked.

"Yes, yes and I couldnt tell." I told her. She nodded and took out a file with her magic, looked at it, put it back and continued looking through it. Then she looked at a new folder and showed it to them. "Is this him?"

I peered photo and nodded. "Yeah, thats him."

"Hmmm... It says here he dissapeared afew weeks before you were born... It also says.... Wait... Scootaloo. Hes your father."

"Wait... WHAT!?!?!?!?"

Author's Note:

Yyyeeeaaaa that sucked. But first story. Hope ya like it.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment