• Published 28th Dec 2016
  • 2,914 Views, 68 Comments

Equestria Heroes: The 3Ds (starring: Spike, Discord, and Big Mac) - Phantom-Dragon



When Equestria's greatest heroes went missing, Spike, Discord, and Big Mac, embark on a quest to find them.

  • ...
4
 68
 2,914

Manehatten Mayhem Part 2: Monsters Unleashed

Spike, Discord, and Big Mac were later standing out in the lobby, conversing on what their next steps should be.

"Are you sure, this is place is in trouble?" Spike asked Discord.

"Yes, yes, I'm sure," Discord grumbled. "I swear, on the fact that I'm now semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmetic, that I'm positive this place is in trouble, and it really needs our protection," Seeing the two boys, stilling looking doubtful, Discord asked, "C'mon, have I ever steered you wrong?"

"Do I even want to answer that?" Spike asked.

"Nope," Big Mac replied.

"Look, believe me or not, my chaos senses were tingling," Discord's whole body suddenly shuddered uneasily. "And the fact that they're tingling even more violently, trouble is just around the corner!"

"Well where is it?" Spike asked.

Just then, the lights went out, and every pony were all heard screaming in fright.

"Not where," Discord replied. "When! Which is now!"

"Oof!" Spike yelled, when he got trampled by some pony running past him. "Ow! You're standing on my tail!"

"Oh! Sorry Spike!" Big Mac apologized.

Discord quickly snapped his fingers.....and nothing happened.

"That's odd!" Discord said, as he struggles to snap his fingers again. "I just had in for a tune-up!"

"Discord! Now's not the time!" Spike said to the draconequus.

"Oh believe me, Spike," Discord began. "It's never a good time. But I'm not joking here! My magic's not responding!"

"Then, what do we do?" Spike asked. Then, the boys all heard a loud scream, "Hey! That's Coco Pommel! She's in trouble!"

"Eeyup!" Big Mac agreed.

"Well, darkness or no darkness! To the rescue!" Discord said, as he and the boys all revved their feet.......and crashed into a wall. "To the doctor!" Discord muffled.


"Let go, you ruffians!" Fleur grunted, as she and Coco Pommel struggled to escape from the strong grips of their kidnappers.

"Stop struggling, will you?" one of the kidnappers grunted, while making a snorting sound.

"Help! Any pony!" Coco screamed.

"Save your breath, pony," another kidnapper grumbled. "Nopony's coming to save you!" However, his words got eaten when the sound of doors flung open was heard. With that, the group turned to see, Big Mac and Spike, standing in the doorway, with Spike lighting up the darkness via green fire breath. Therefore, the two boys, and mares got a good look at their kidnappers, who are huge, hulking armored, anthropomorphic pigs.

"Let them go, you pigs!" Spike roared.

"We don't take orders from lizards," one of the pigs snorted.

"Lizard?!" Spike screamed in outrage. "I'm a dragon!"

"Same thing," the other pig snorted. "Now make like a tree, and leave!"

"Nope!" Big Mac denied. "We ain't leaving, until you swines let the girls go free."

"Oh, what are you, heroes?" one of the pig snorted. "Well, prepare to be pummeled! Oink!"

With that, the two pigs both tied Fleur, and Coco, as they put the two ponies to the side, before they all charged at Big Mac and Spike. At the last second, however, Big Mac stomped his hoof hard on the stage, creating a huge hole in the floorings that the pigs fell in.

"See ya," Spike called. "Don't want to be ya," Turning back to the mares, Big Mac and Spike walked over to help untie them, when they suddenly noticed, gleaming eyes were shown, piercing through the veils of darkness, and staring right at them. Following the eyes, Spike, Big Mac, and the mares, nearly gagged when a billow of strong stenches started filling the room. "Oh no," Spike moaned.

The timberwolves all let out bloodcurdling howls, before they barked, and lunged towards the boys and girls.

"Timberwolves!" Spike screamed, as he quickly hid behind Coco Pommel.

Big Mac, in the meantime, stood his ground, as he quickly thrusted his legs out, and bucked one of the timberwolves hard in the face, causing it to burst in a pile of sticks. He stood up on his back legs, kicking his front legs out at the other wolves, keeping them at bay.

Spike looked around, before he noticed a lever, with a sign next to it which reads: Trapdoor Lever. Looking to see there was trap door beneath the timberwolves and Big Mac, Spike ran up to the lever, "Big Mac! Get back!" He called. Big Mac complied, as jumps back, just as Spike pulled the lever, opening the trap door, and the wolves fell in.

"That takes care of them," Spike mused.

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed, before they went back to help untie Fleur and Coco.

"Wow, thank you so much," Coco praised, gratefully. "You boys saved our lives!"

"Oui, indeed you have, mon ami," Fleur added.

"Oh, it was nothing," Spike replied modestly.

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed.

However, the celebration was short lived, when the four noticed a faint glow, emitting from where the Timberwolves had fell in. Looking down, the boys and girls looked to their horrors to see the timberwolves getting second winds, and merging themselves into a much bigger wolf.

"Oh no," Spike groaned. The larger timberwolf lets out an even louder bloodcurdling roar, as it struggles to break free from its confinement. "Oh no you don't!" Spike yelled, as he quickly pulls on the lever, and attempt to close the door on the wolf, only for it to continue its struggle to break free. With a final snap, the trap door started to break apart, as a jaws was shown through.

"Stay down! Fido!" Spike grunted, as he tries to get the door to close up.

"Eeyup!" Big Mac agreed, as he joins Spike in on keeping the timberwolf contained.

Meanwhile, in a flash of light, the two pigs from before, reappeared on stage, only this time, they were equipped with what appeared to be small portable cannons. The pigs all opened fire on the ponies and dragon, firing a huge dark net. Spike breathed fire at the net, but it did nothing, as the net continues its flight, before it entangled the dragon.

"Spike!" Coco cried.

"Don't worry little fella!" Big Mac said, as he quickly ran up. "I'll get ya out!"

"I don't think so!" one of the pig snorted, as he fired a bola that caught around Big Mac's legs, tripping him. "As you ponies say, two for the price of one. But it looks like we'll make use of three ponies and a dragon for bonus! Oink!"

"We'll make a handsome profit off of you! Oink!" the other pig snorted.

"What are you talking about?" Spike asked the pigs. "What are you going to do to us?"

"Oh, didn't you hear?" one of the pigs asked. "We're going to sell you, just like we did to all the other ponies we've captured."

Spike and the ponies all gasped, "So it was you guys!" the dragon exclaimed in anger. "You're the ones who've been making all those ponies disappear!"

"Oink! Give the dragon a prize!" the pig snorted, before he and his comrades shared high hooves with each other.

"WHAT'VE YOU DONE TO TWILIGHT AND THE GIRLS?!" Spike roared, demanding an explanation.

"Don't bother asking," one of the pig snorted. "For you won't live long enough to know!"

With that, the pigs walked over to pick up the dragon, "Hey! Put me down!" Spike snarled, struggling to break free from the nets. However, he quickly changed his mind, when he sees what the pigs were going to do with him, "No! Don't put me down!" Snapping their jaws, from below the trapdoors, where the timberwolves.

"Time for dog chows! Oink!" the pig snorted, preparing to drop Spike.

Then, at the last second, a large rope came flying over the two pigs, in a lasso, before it pulls them away. Spike screamed, as he falls towards the timberwolves, only to be caught by Fleur at the last second, who successfully the net, by her teeth.

"I got you, mon ami," Fleur said through her teeth, before she pulls Spike away, and helped him free.

Once out, Spike looked to see Big Mac, free from his bola, together with Coco, tying up the two pigs.

"That'll keep you scoundrels in place, until the authorities arrive!" Coco frowned.

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed.

The pigs, however, gave off a smirk, which made the ponies and dragon felt uneasy.

"Why do I get the feeling these swines know something we don't?" Fleur asked, to which she and the friends turned around, seeing more armored pigs, and monsters in the room.

"I think this is the part where we take our leave," Coco whispered.

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed.

With snort from one of the pigs, the monsters all charged forward, after the friends. In a heartbeat, Big Mac picked up Spike, and using the dragon as a flamethrower, kept the monsters at bay.

"Hurry girls! It's this way!" Spike yelled, as he and Big Mac rush through the chaos, with the mares close by their sides.


Discord meanwhile, was busy fighting off the monsters that were attacking him, while preventing him from turning the lights back on.


As Spike, Big Mac, Coco, and Fleur, race through the monster infested halls, they were in a state of confusion and disarray, as the lights were constantly flashing on and off. When the lights went off, Big Mac was seen carrying Coco and Spike on his back, before the lights went off. It turned up again to show Spike carrying Coco on his back, with Big Mac close behind. Then, Big Mac is seen pushing a wheelbarrow with Spike and Coco in it.

"What's going on with the lights?"


Discord was busting up some dance moves, singing a song, while repeatedly slapping the monsters in the face.

"Yo! Tell me what you want! What you really, really want!
Oh I'll tell you what I want! What I really, really want!
I wanna, I wanna-"

Spike and Big Mac came and shouted, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"Come on!" Spike beckoned, as Discord left the beaten monsters lying on the floor.

Soon, the heroes, and the mares in distress, all made it outside of the building, to see several monsters running amuck. The heroes noticed how the monsters were smashing through buildings, destroying properties, all the while scaring a few ponies. However, with all of the ponies running in fear, the monsters simply took one look at a few, and only tossed them to the sides.

It was then that the monsters took notice of Fleur and Coco, and all lunged towards the mares. With a snap of his fingers, Discord manages to conjure up a brick wall, stopping the monsters in their tracks.

"Call me crazy, but I think those monsters have it for you girls!" Spike deduced.

"But what did we ever do to them?" Fleur asked.

"That's the mystery," Discord replied.

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed.

After getting over their daze, the monsters broke down the wall, and glared angrily at the boys.

"Talk later! RUN NOW!!" Spike screamed, as he and the friends all ran as fast as they can, away from the pursuing monsters.

"They're gaining on us!" Coco panted. "We can't run forever!"

Discord then blew a whistle, "TAXI!!" he hailed, as a taxi pony stopped before them, and they all got in. "To the other side of town, and step on it!"

Running like the wind, the taxi pony took off, with the heroes riding.

Soon, the armored pigs all came out on the street, with a huge, bulky, anthropomorphic warthog stepping out in front.

One of the pig soldiers came forward, and spoke to the warthog in a mix of snort, and a foreign language that none of the ponies can understand.