• Published 30th Oct 2016
  • 1,060 Views, 2 Comments

Rainbow Dash's dark secret - Cauchemar



Rainbow dash has a secret that nopony can ever know about.

  • ...
3
 2
 1,060

The secret.

Some people have secrets. Secrets that you would never expect, could never expect! Secrets that could possibly change your view of them forever. Rainbow Dash is one of those people.

It had been a while since Rainbow Dash had felt her old urges flare up. But eventually they did, they always did. She had tried to resist it, she even lasted from hearts-and-hooves day to right before winter wrap-up, but eventually her friends began to notice something was off, a missed nap here, a snappy response there. Finally the truth became unavoidable. If she didn't release some tension soon she'd crack in front of everyone and expose her secret. So with a heart full of shame and disappointment in herself she gave in to her urges.

She called in sick that Monday, told them it was just a cold and she'd be fine after catching a few Z's. Her boss believed her and gave her the day off and wished her well. One full work day. That would give her plenty of time. The girls were all busy with their own jobs and Tank was hibernating again. Now was the best shot she would have for quite a while. Once again she entered the secret room she had built into her house (quite an achievement to have a secret room in a house made of clouds) , now slightly dusty after months of not being used. But all her equipment was still there and in perfect condition. Ashamed of her little hobby she may be but she still took pride in her work. As if The Great Rainbow Dash could ever give less then 100%!

First she did a check of the equipment. The camera that she would use to film her dark deeds and share then with the public, in disguise of course, had it's lens cleaned and it's connection to the web secured. Many had tried to track her down through the web but because of how careful she was, and some helpful lessons from a clueless Twilight (she really should do something nice for her) , none had ever managed it (though that pony with the screen name Mutt0n_Bash had gotten close.). Seeing everything was in working order she made sure the room was clean of anything that could link this to her. Posters, pictures and personal items all swept out of the room. There weren't many the only one she actually cared about being a picture of her and scootaloo at a pie eating contest. Both of them sticky and laughing up a storm even as they began feeling sick. Good times.

Oh sweet Celestia. Scootaloo. If she ever found out about this it'd break her poor little heart. But she wouldn't find out. Nobody would find out. Rainbow Dash was careful. Not even Tank knew this secret.

And the last part of her equipment was the reason why. The Costume. Something she was so familiar with it was practically a second skin to her. Slowly she slipped into her other persona. First putting on the suit, something that covered most of her athletic body and hid her cutiemark under it's layers. It was warm, almost unbearably so, but practice had made her used to it. Then she brushed her mane, taking extra care to only leave the blonde bits visible as she combed it back in to a easy to manage ponytail. She was almost done getting ready. Soon her show would begin. Already she was almost recognizable from Rainbow Dash Element of Loyalty and Fastest flier in Equestria. All that was left was her mask and her weapon.

It was a small thing the mask. Small and black it was only large enough to hide her eyes behind the color changing spell she had paid to have put on it (a months worth of bits but so worth it, even if it had taken her three days to find a unicorn who hadn't recognized her) and a bit of her cheeks. But when she put this small little mask on she underwent a BIG change. Her posture and demeanor shifted into something so utterly alien to the Rainbow Dash that everyone knows that even if they had seen all her preparations they might not have believed it. She wasn't even sure if her parents would be able to recognize her. (she really hopes they cant) But that was good, that was what she wanted. If anybody recognized her she'd be ruined. She'd have to flee Ponyville, possibly every pony controlled area. And if this got out she had a feeling Gilda wouldn't be rushing to her side to give her a helping claw.

Now it was time for the very last bit of prep. Her weapon. Something she'd made herself over many hours and sunken many bits into. It was made of a treated white wood. Dense and hard it would last for years. The end near the floor had a small cap of brass to keep it from scratching her floor and breaking the clouds apart. But the other end had a large gleaming half-moon on it in shining silver. It drew the eyes to it's gleaming edges. Disguise or not flashiness was her go to style.

If she was still Rainbow dash she'd probably be a mess of self-loathing and pity right now. But she was fine. Because she wasn't Rainbow Dash. When she put on this costume and held this weapon she was a new mare entirely. As she turned on the camera a small smile appeared on her face. It was time to begin.


Hello Equestria! It's your Magical Mare Rainy Daze here wishing you a good morning! I know it's been a while since I last spoke to you all. But never fear! the mare who defends the magics of truth and love is here for you all!
As she smiled and twirled her "magical" staff in her sparkly dress Rainbow Dash lost herself in the moment.

Nobody knew her secret and if she had her way they never would.

Author's Note:

I'm going to be 100% honest here. this is never going to be more than a one-shot from me. I'm a guy who writes short things. I usually have trouble stretching these out to the required 1000.

That being said if anybody wants to take my secret magical girl rainbow dash feel free. Just please send me a link to the story (mentioning where you got the idea from would be nice but I'm not pushy)

this was written because a mixture of things.
my love of magical girl anime
the rainbow dash-ish girl on that nutaku dating game
Yoshikage mother f***ing Kira
and the sheer amount of keks that magical girl rainbow idea gives me.