• Published 29th Nov 2011
  • 2,880 Views, 162 Comments

Baking Perfect Pie - Kumare Tanamaru



When the new kid comes to town, Pinkie Pie volunteers herself to throw him a Pinkie Party.

  • ...
5
 162
 2,880

The Icing On The Lie... I Mean Cake

"So Rainbow Dash," Pinkie said. "Where are we going exactly?"

"Oh Pinkie Pie, we're going to a magical place called the 'Colt N' Lead.' It's supposed to be a really awesome place to get a cider!"

"Like, apple cider?"

"Yeah!"

"But Dashie," she said "Can't we just get that from Applejack?"

"We could..." Rainbow said slowing down. "But Applejack doesn't have super duper amazing 20% cooler, bounce off the walls, clean your tongue thirty times, eat a chocolate cake, throw a pie into a pony's face, fight a pony in a race Grape cider!"

"Oh. I guess it's pretty good then, huh?"

"Yup!"

The two ponies trotted along in silence for a while until they came to the door of the Colt N' Lead cinder shoppe. The two looked at each other as they heard sounds of breaking glass and yelling inside the establishment. Rainbow Dash opened the door and both of their pupils shrank to the size of peas.

"Hey there-" the man behind the counter said dodging a bottle. "Rainbow Dash! You came at the wrong time, you might wanna- Yikes!" he said dodging a chair. "Leave."

All of the attention went to the door, and the two ponies standing in it.

"Welcome to th Colt N' Lead! I suspect ye want a drink o' this apple cider, yea?"

"Oh yes please!" Said Pinkie Pie. "That's what we came for!"

"Pinkie I think-" Started Rainbow Dash.

"You shut it! This young lady wants 'erself a drink. Joe! Pley som music. M'lady, you cn have my seat."

"Why thank you kind sir!" she said hopping to the chair.

"Ye welcome."

"Pinkie I-"

Another pony came and sat next to Pinkie Pie.

"So, who be ye? Where ye from?" said a buff and mysterious pony.

"I'm Pinkie Pie, and this is my good friend Rainbow Dash! C'mon Dashie, they're friendly!"

"Yeah!" said the big one. "C'mon Dashie." he said with a smirk.

Rainbow Dash swallowed hard and stepped in the door. The clerk hid behind the counter and started praying to Celestia for his life.

"I-I'm not scared of you tough guy! C'mon Pinkie, these guys are bad news."

"No they're not! Their pretty funny!" she said cheerfully

"Yeah, we're funny Dashie!"

"Don't call me that!"

"They look funny too! And smell funny. Like grapes!"

The big one's face turned serious and he turned to face Pinkie again.

"Excuse me little pink one?" he said furiously.

"PINKIE!"

"Shut your trap, Dashie!" he said then turned back to Pinkie Pie who looked angry. "And you! Do you not like the way my face looks? Because I can't change it!"

"First off mister," said Pinkie Pie. "I don't like the way that you're talking to my friend! And second, I don't care about what your face looks like, you big mean 'ol bully!" she said getting up from her chair.

"You sit back down! I'm not done talking to you!" he said pushing her to the floor.

"Ouch!"

"You did NOT just do that!" said rainbow dash charging at the buff pony, kicking him in the face.

"You bloody Pegasus!" he said swatting her away like a fly. "As for you!" he said turning to Pinkie who was getting up off the floor. "What might this be?" he said yanking her arm and pulling off Pineapple's ring.

"Give that back!" she said kicking him in the body.

The buff pony was sent to the floor with a mighty thud, and looked up at Pinkie Pie picking up her ring.

"Now you've done it." he whispered as he got up

"PINKIE PIE!!!"



*****



There was a large thud and the commotion arose. Pinkie was on the ground, the buff pony was on the ground, and every pony was telling Rainbow Dash to get her friend and leave. After that there was no movement. Rainbow Dash grabbed Pinkie and flew out the door into the woods as fast as her wings could carry her. And after that? There was silence.



*****



"W-What happened Rainbow Dash?" Pinkie said opening her eyes.

"There was a slight fight and- Ahh! My wing..."

Pinkie tried to get up, but the force of pain pulled her back to the ground.

"Don't try to get up. He hit you pretty hard. He hit me pretty hard."

"Where is... my ring....?" Pinkie said drowsily.

"Don't worry, you've got it. We'll make it home, and you'll be all better. C'mon, I've got ya." she said lifting the passed out pony onto her back.

"I've got ya."



*****



Pinkie opened her eyes and winced. She had a pain in her back and head. She looked around for Rainbow Dash, but she was no where to be seen. The nurse walked in and looked at Pinkie Pie.

"Oh, You're awake. Your friend Rainbow Dash brought you in. Though, she's having trouble recovering her wing."

"Oh... Can you check something for me after I get back from seeing her?"

"Miss, you shouldn't be getting up."

"Please. I have to. It's important."

"Alright. Make it quick."

Pinkie got up and went into Rainbow Dash's room.

"Rainbow Dash?"

"Hey there Pinkie Pie..." she said sitting up.

"Thank you for what you did... You're a really great friend."

"Any one of us would have done it Pinkie. Especially Pineapple."

"Don't tell him." she said turning to go back to her room.

"W-What?" Rainbow Dash said in shock.

"Don't tell Pineapple what happened. Promise me you won't."

"Pinkie I-"

"Promise me!" she said falling to the floor crying. "I... Don't know what.... will happen to us...." she said between bursts of tears.

"Pinkie?"

"What....?"

"I promise, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't tell him."

Pinkie got up and left the room.

He'll hate me. Forever.

Tears rolled down her eyes and she got back into her bed, weeping from the pain.