• Published 29th Nov 2011
  • 2,880 Views, 162 Comments

Baking Perfect Pie - Kumare Tanamaru



When the new kid comes to town, Pinkie Pie volunteers herself to throw him a Pinkie Party.

  • ...
5
 162
 2,880

Giggle At The Complications And Stuff That Makes Your Life Seem Bad

Crying flooded the house as Pinkie Pie and I woke up simultaneously.

"Your turn." We said to each other.

"I'll get Chocolate." Pinkie said.

"I'll get Paprika." I said in return.

We both got out of bed and went into the room. It was about two in the morning, and I had gone to sleep three hours ago because of them.

"Shh, shh now... It's alright..." I said picking up the little filly.

She stopped crying and looked at me. I stared into the filly's eyes and smiled.

What is going through your mind...? Do you even know who I am...?

The little filly smiled at me and I hugged her gently until she finally fell asleep.

"What is with you Pineapple?" Pinkie asked me.

"What do you mean?" I whispered.

"You're so good with putting them to sleep... I'll bet it's because you're really boring!" she said smiling at me.

"Oh, I'm boring am I? That's not what you said nine months ago." I chuckled.

She blushed and smiled a bit. I walked up to her and kissed her on the cheek.

"Lets go back to bed."

She yawned and I put my arm around her.

"Yeah, I'm kind of tired anyways."

We hopped into bed, and slept the night away.



*****



"Come on, come on!" Twilight said.

"Everything has to be perfect!" Mr. Cake added.

Twilight was running around fixing the decorations and checking every nook and cranny for mess-ups or mishaps.

"Let me see the lighting!"

A pony on top of a banister flicked a switch and Twilight looked around.

"Too much! Bring it down!"

"Gotcha!" he said sliding a little switch down a bit.

"Now that's not enough!"

"I'm on it!"

He brought it up a little more.

"Too much!" she yelled again. "Never mind, I can get it."

Her horn sparkled and produced a purple glow over the switch that the pony on the banister was using to change the lighting.

"Hmm... no... no.... no........ no... There! Perfect!"

"But ma'am that was what I had it at before..."

"Hush up. Now don't move the switch anymore!"

"Uh.."

"Mr. Cake!" Twilight said. "Are the special guests here yet?"

"How should I know?"

"Oh... Right."

Twilight's ear twitched to the sound of trumpets outside the building. She raced outside to see what was the matter.

A large white pony stepped out of a carriage wearing her hair in an exceptionally fancy way, and was also touched up with a bit of make-up.

"Hello there Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight's jaw dropped as if it was the first time to every see the Princess.

"Princess Celestia? What are YOU doing here?"

"I came to see the bearer of the element of laughter's wedding. It is very important for the future of Equestria."

"Why is that...?"

"Well, I don't know." the princess said in confidence. "Luna! Please come on, we don't want to hold up the guards from getting home.

"BUT I LOOK I mean... I look ridiculous.

"You do not, please sister."

Princess Luna stepped out of the carriage wearing her hair in a similar fashion to her older sister's and frowned.

"Do we look ridiculous, Twilight Sparkle?" she said blushing.

"Not at all Princess Luna! You look beautiful!"

"Why thank you. Now, where are the festivities?"

"Inside. Please come in!"

"So," Luna started. "Who's wedding are we celebrating?"

"Pinkie Pie's." Twilight replied opening the door.

"Ah yes. The shrieker."

"Don't worry Princess, she won't be shrieking today!"

Princess Luna smiled and looked around the establishment.

"My condolences Twilight Sparkle, this establishment hath been decorated beautifully!" she said with her eyes opened wide.

"I couldn't have done it without my friends! And Mr. Cake here!"

Princess Luna turned to him and held out her hoof.

"A fine establishment!" she said as she shook his hoof almost clean off of his arm.

"Oh! Princess Luna!" Fluttershy said as she came in the door with Trey. "What are you doing here?"

"I am celebrating the joining of two halves with you and your colleagues!"

Trey's jaw dropped.

"Y-you k-know P-P-Princess Luna?"

"I never told you that? My bad.." she said looking down at the ground.

Trey went to Luna and bowed.

"It is an honor to have you here Princess." he said

"Thank you peas-I mean... citizen." she said correcting herself.

"My name is Trey, I was the bandmaster in Canterlot for a while. I composed music for the band at the school there."

"Ah! Most honorable!" she said.

"It was nice meeting you Princess Luna!" he said turning back to Fluttershy.

"Interesting couple, aren't they?" Twilight said to Princess Luna.

"Indeed. They seem very happy together. Well, I am going to join my sister in greeting more ponies around the place. I presume you will be greeting everyone who comes in?"

Twilight realized she was still standing at the door holding it open.

"Um, yes! That's what I'm doing!" she said covering up her embarrassment.

"Hay there Twilight!" Applejack said coming to the door. "You beein' whut they call an 'Usher?'"

"Yep! How are you holding up?"

"Well," she said. "I reckon we're doing mighty fine on this end."

"Eeyup." a large red pony said from behind Applejack.

He was carrying flowers and had a nice suit on.

"I reckon that this is gon' be very emotional Twilight?" he asked her.

"Yes Big Macintosh. Extremely."

"Eeyup..." he said with a sigh.

He put down the basket and took out a beautiful white flower. He motioned for Twilight to come closer and she did. He put the flower in her mane and smiled.

"Wow.." Twilight said blushing. "T-thank you Big Macintosh."

"Eeyup." he replied in his usual manor.

"Oh, and good afternoon to you too Granny Smith."

The green pony sniffed and a tear fell from her eye.

"A-ah'm sorry. Ah juss git so emotional at weddin's." she said blowing her nose.

"Aw Granny, it hadn't even started yet!" Applejack said comforting her.

"Ah know!" she replied before breaking down into tears.

"C'mon Granny Smith. Let's git ahr seats. C'mon Apple Bloom!" she called out the door.

"I'ma comin'!" the little filly said trotting into the room. "Whoa... Juss wait til Sweetie Bell and Scoot git a load o this!"

There were flowers in her hair, and the little filly itched at them. Twilight smiled at this and looked out the door to see who was coming next. There was a slightly brownish gray pony with black hair and a bow tie approaching.

"Um, welcome Ms.."

"Octavia. I am the musical entertainment?"

"Oh! Right, please come in! Do you play the Piano?"

"No. I actually play the Cello."

"Oh." Twilight said in slight disappointment.

"I assure you ma'am, I will not disappoint you. Oh my, is that Trey? He was one of my former instructors that I had in Canterlot before switching to Orchestra!"

She trotted over to Trey and introduced herself. Trey took a while and looked at the brownish pony.

"Ah yes! I remember you!" he said in excitement.

Twilight turned her attention back outside and watched some more ponies come in the door. She greeted them and gave them all a warm, inviting smile. Twilight put a hoof to her head and touched the flower that Big Macintosh had given her. She blushed and looked out the door once again.

"Good afternoon Twilight." Rarity said.

"Oh, hey there Rarity! Oh, hi Sweeite Belle! You look very pretty today!"

"Yeah, yeah," she replied. "Is Apple Bloom here yet?"

"Why yes she is. Wait, where's Scootaloo?"

"Oh, she's coming with Rainbow Dash. They had a flight session today." she said looking for Apple Bloom.

"Oh, I see." Twilight said

"We're here!" Rainbow Dash announced.

"Yeah! Did we make it on time?" Scootaloo said out of breath.

"Yes. Welcome! Where's your nice clothes?"

"Oh, Rainbow Dash said I didn't need to dress up."

"Yeah. It's cool Twi. We won't mess anything up. No way, no how!"

"Well, if you say so..."

"Hey Sweetie Belle! Apple Bloom, where are you guys?!" she yelled across the room running in as fast as she could.

Oh boy... Twilight thought.

"Ah see the party's already started. Howdy there Twilight!" said a familiar voice.

"Braeburn! Good to see you!"

"Like wise little sister! Sorry ah'm late. Am I late?"

"Not at all! Come on in!"

"Thanks Twi. Man, this suit is itchy, I'd take a leather vest an' a hat any day!"

"I know Braeburn" she giggled. "I know."

Twilight welcomed him and thought for a second.

Is that everypony on the list...? Oh, no where is...?

"Why hello there everypony! I hope I am on the list, and not showing up as a phony."

"Hey Zecora, of course you're invited!"

"Ah, Twilight Sparkle! Greeting your friends before the ceremony?"

"Yup! I'm saying hello to everypony!"

Zecora raised her eyebrow at Twilight and smiled.

"Oh darn it! Sorry Zecora, It sort of rubs off, you know?"

"No apologies necessary, although I apologize, for a gift I do not carry." she said looking down.

"It's all right Zecora, being here will be enough!" she said motioning her in.

Zecora smiled and walked in the building.

Where are the special guests? Pineapple and Pinkie should be here any sec-

"Hiya!" Pinkie Pie said hopping up and down with her sisters.

"Pinkamena, dear, don't mess up your dress." her mother said.

"Pinkamena, Inky, Blinky, listen to your mother please." Pinkie's father said.

"Hey Twilight. I- Whoa!" I said in shock

I looked inside the building and saw everypony hanging about and having fun. I swallowed hard.

"Large turn out... And is that...?"

"Princess Luna and Princess Celestia? Yep! Princess Celestia said it was crucial to be here for this event."

A guard walked up to the Princess and whispered something into her ear.

"Oh really now?" she said. "Well, you can take care of it by yourselves. Take the tactical Captain and be on your way. I cannot be absent for this event."

"Wow." I said. "This must be really important to her..."

"Not just her," Twilight said to me. "But all of Equestria."

I swallowed hard again.

I hope I don't mess anything up.

"So, who's marrying us? Where is he?"

"Well, actually it's a she." she said smiling.

"Okay, where is she?"

"She's right here." she said to me.

"You're marrying us? Do you even know how?" I said in shock.

"Yup! Isn't that cool? I was up all last night studying on what to say! I even memorized it!"

I looked at her and laughed a bit to myself. What did I expect? If it had to be somepony, she was the most likely choice as an intelligent figure.

"Well, shall we get started the-"

"Excuse me," A voice said from behind Twilight

A dark brown pony wearing a black cloak interrupted me. He was joined by a young girl, who was a dark pink, and had black and gray mane. Her eyes were bright yellow, and she didn't seem to have any emotion. Perhaps she was shy? The next pony to come in looked like the mother of the two younger ponies. She was pink and had a golden mane that was rolled up above her head. She looked worried. Was something bothering her? The last pony to come up was a strong brown colt that seemed to be sad.

Who are these ponies? Are they on the list? Why do they all look so sad? I haven't seen them around here before, did they come from Canterlot?

I pulled Twilight aside for a moment to talk to her.

"Twilight," I began. "Who are these ponies? What do they want?"

"Obviously they're here for the wedding Pineapple. Now go get ready, we're about to start."

I sighed. She was right, but I wanted to find out who they were.

It'll just have to wait, Pineapple. You have to get married.

"See you up there Twilight." I said eying the family.

The father looked at me and squinted, as if challenging me. I walked away and told everypony to get ready.

"Alright, names please?"

"Travis." the father said

"Tasha" said the timid mother.

"Pepper." the daughter told Twilight.

"Tarragon." said the brother.

"Alright," Twilight said. "Last names?"

"Spice."



*****



Music filled the room with joy, as the wedding song was played. I looked back and saw Pinkie Pie walking up the aisle. I looked around and finally found Spike in a tux sitting next to our children, taking care of them.

Good. Thanks Spike, I owe you one.

Pinkie was walking up the aisle with her father guiding her. She was wearing a veil, so I couldn't see much of her face. The only thing I could make out for sure were her eyes. Her beautiful sapphire eyes. I smiled at her and she smiled back from what I could tell. I looked over to my side of the rows of ponies and saw the strange family sitting there, unmoving. The father looked at his watch and turned to look at his children to make sure they were behaving. To my knowledge, they hadn't moved at all. The mother was watching me closely to see what I would do next, and our eyes met. I felt a sensation. A strange sensation that overcame my body.

Who is she? I've... met her before somewhere.

"Dearly beloved" Twilight began. "We are gathered here today to witness a beautiful occurrence take place in this very room."

I looked back and realized that Pinkie Pie was holding my hooves in hers, and looking at Twilight.

"To join this mare," she said pointing to Pinkie Pie. "And this stallion," she paused. "In eternal bonding through marriage.

I've seen her before... Maybe at the market place...? No no. earlier than that... maybe I went to school with her in Trottsten...? Although, she does seem older than I am. And just who are their kids? They seem so out of place. They look extremely bored.

My mind raced back and fourth like waves in the ocean.

I KNOW I know those ponies!

"And so do you, Pineapple Spice, take you, Pinkamena Diane Pie, to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, til death do you part?"

I snapped back into place.

"I do." I said looking into Pinkie's eyes.

My ear twitched as I heard the strange ponies gasp.

"And do you, Pinkamena Diane Pie, take you, Pineapple Spice, to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, til death do you part?"

"I do." she said to me as her eyes filled up with tears.

"Then Pineapple, you may kiss the bride."

I closed my eyes and pushed my lips against Pinkies. They were wet and warm, and her lip quivered every so often. I felt my heart race as I wrapped my arms around my bride and held her tightly. I heard the ponies in the room crying and I couldn't help letting my own tears flow from my eyes. It was by far, the most passionate kiss I had ever shared with Pinkie, and I will never forget that moment.



The happiest moment in my life.



*****



"And now we party!" Pinkie Pie said after we stepped down from the alter.

A new music pony was up at the turn tables flipping on a new record. She had a blue and turquoise mane, and was wearing goggles. Twilight was mingling around and eventually stopped to look around.

What's she up to?

"I'm sure of it! We're staying, and that's final." said the mysterious pony with the black cloak.

I turned around to find Pinkie Pie pouring us both a drink and I sighed.

"We're finally hitched now..."

"Yup." she said smiling wholeheartedly.

"Where's Spike with the kids?"

"Right here. The little one decided it would be a good idea to nibble on my finger. Ouch..." he said wincing "I'm gonna go get some disinfectant."

I laughed and looked at the little children sleeping.

"And how are you doing today, Paprika?"

"Excuse me," I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see the mysterious pony with a black cloak standing before me. "You are the groom, yes?"

"Yeah. Who are you?"

The pony's eyes filled with tears as he flung his arms around me. I was in shock. I had no idea what to do.

"My..." he began. "My son..."

"Son...?" I said puzzled.

I looked up and saw the mother crying and the two children smiling at me.

"You may not remember me much... But it's me." he said pulling away. "Travis Spice... Your father."

My eyes widened and I backed away from him. My mind raced through memories of him, and my entire family.

"F-father...?"

"It really is us, son." the older female said.

"Pepper, you remember your brother, right?" Travis said.

"Sort of." she said unblinking and looking at the ground.

"Tarragon, don't be rude. Say hello." the mother said.

"Hey Pineapple. It's been a long time. Too long." he said patting me on my shoulder.

There was only one thing that I could say at that time. One name I could remember.

"Tasha." I said.

"W-what?" the older female said

"My mother's name was Tasha. That's the only name I could remember from Trottsten. The only name I cared to remember." I said looking down.

I put my hoof out to the older female and she stared at blankly with tears forming in her eyes.

"If you are my family, my mother would know what to do when I put my hoof out to her like this." I said closing my eyes.

I felt a breath on my hoof and then felt the female's nose nudging and rubbing the bottom of my hoof. She hummed a tune that I recognized instantly. I opened my eyes and saw her rubbing my hoof. She looked me in the eye and said the most beautiful words I had ever heard in my life time.

"Your family will never leave you. Even if you are far away, we will never leave your heart. And you will never leave our hearts."

Tear flowed from my eyes as I began to loose myself.

"M-mother...?"

"Shh shh dear... It's alright. I'm here now..."

I pushed myself into her arms and she welcomed me there.

"Looks like you finally found your lost family, Pineapple." I heard my bride say to me.

I pulled away from my mother and wiped the tears away from my face.

"Yeah... I have." I said turning to her.

I trotted up to her, picked her up and kissed her passionately.

"And it's all thanks to you." I whispered in her ear. "Let me introduce you to my family."

I turned to my past family and smiled.

"Guys, this is Pinkie Pie. She's my new bride, if you can't already tell." I said smiling and sniffling. "Pinkie Pie," I said "This is my Mother, Tasha." I said pointing to the shaded pink pony.

"How do you do, madam?" she ask shaking her hand.

"And this is my sister, Pepper."

"Nice to meet you, Pepper!"

"Likewise!" Pepper said smiling enormously.

"This is my brother Tarragon." I said putting my arm around Pinkie.

"Good afternoon!"

"Hello." Tarragon said greeting her with a warm smile.

"And this is my father. Travis Spice." I said respectfully.

He held out his hoof and didn't smile. Pinkie shook it in confidence, and my father smiled.

"A good confident mare. Good job son. I'm proud of you."

Tears welled up in my eyes once again as Princess Celestia and Princess Luna walked up behind me.

"Excuse me," Princess Celestia said. "May we talk with you Pineapple? Oh, and you too Pinkie. It's kind of important."

I looked back at my father and his jaw dropped to the floor.

"I'll be right back dad." I said laughing a bit.

I trotted over to the princess's table and took a seat, holding Pinkie's hoof in my own.

"Yes Princess?" Pinkie said.

"There is something important that we must discuss with you. As the element of Laughter, you know that you will eventually have to pass this duty down your family tree, right?"

"Yeah, but wasn't there a thousand years before it was found again?" Pinkie said puzzled.

"Well, there is something that you have to understand about the Elements of Harmony. The Elements of Harmony are never reborn as the same thing twice."

"I'm sorry," I cut in. "What exactly is your point?"

Luna looked me in the eye and moved her hooves impatiently.

"What my sister is trying to say is that your children are an important part in Equestrian history. Once there are children of all of the Elements of Harmony, the Elements will be reborn. I have studied this further, and to me it looks like your daughter will be the next Element. Your son, will be extremely important. You must tell him to protect his sister with every inch of will power he has through their youth."

"What Element is she going to be?" Pinkie asked impatiently.

"It looks like Life. As in Life in nature." Celestia said bringing up her tea cup.

"We're still waiting on Fluttershy's children to grow up. They will also be important to the Elements of Harmony. The only thing we fear is whether or not there will be more Elements or not. It does not need to concern you in this day and time, but just know that your children might be part of a huge war someday. Someday when we, as Alicorns, can only be a bit of help to you less powerful ponies."

"So what's the plan of action?" I asked.

"Pray." Celestia said standing up from her seat. "Come Luna, we must return to Canterlot."

Luna got up and followed her sister to the door. Luna smiled at me, and I smiled back.

Celestia stopped at the door.

"The only one I am truly worried about is Twilight. With the close call of her almost giving her life for her friend, we cannot afford to be too careful." she said looking me in the eye. "Make sure that she finds love. Make sure they all do. Goodbye."

I couldn't say anything. There was too much happening at once, so I just waved them away.



*****



"Let's not worry about it for now, dear." Pinkie Pie told me.

"Yeah...." I said looking off into space.

"Well, we've almost got everything cleaned up here Pineapple!" Twilight said looking at me. "Is something wrong?"

I looked at the flower in her mane and smiled.

"Not at all." I said walking up to her. "Thank you for a truly great time." I said hugging her tightly.

"Oh! You're welcome..?" She said blushing.

"Take care, Twilight Sparkle." I said turning away and walking to my family.

"You too..." she said confused.

I reached my family and brought them all in for a group hug.

"So, where are you staying while you are here?"

"Well, we don't really know..." my sister said.

"We don't have a place to stay." my father said bluntly.

Pinkie pondered the predicament and I looked at her.

"I know!" she said in finale. "Maybe Applejack has an extra place for you to stay! Perhaps you could ask her?"

"Perhaps." my father said smiling. He turned to me and chuckled. "You did a fine job pickin' this one out."

I laughed.

"I didn't pick her." I told him. "My heart did."



*****



The rest of the night flowed over itself, and for the first time in Ponyville, it seemed like everypony was happy with what was happened that day. Twilight Sparkle went back to the library carrying Spike on her back. It was late, and the little dragon had fallen asleep on the way back. Twilight opened the door and went into her home.

"Well. I'd say today was successful!" she said to herself proudly.

Twilight stroked her mane and took the flower out of her hair.

"Very successful indeed." she said blushing, and putting the flower in a vase.