• Published 29th Nov 2011
  • 2,880 Views, 162 Comments

Baking Perfect Pie - Kumare Tanamaru



When the new kid comes to town, Pinkie Pie volunteers herself to throw him a Pinkie Party.

  • ...
5
 162
 2,880

Baking

"Ahh..." I said stretching and yawning a bit. "Good morning Pinkie Pie."

She opened her eyes slowly and yawned.

"Good morning honey~" she said without moving very much.

I put my hoof on her cheek and kiss her softly.

"I have to go, I have to pick something up, and then I have to work. What are you doing today?"

"I have to go to the doctor."

"Really? Are you alright? What hurts?" I said in shock.

She giggled.

"Just a check up, sweetheart, but thank you for your concern~!"

"Just want to make sure you're okay, sweetie pie." I said smiling "I've got to run, behave for the doctor Pinkie. I love you."

"I will. And I love you too, bye!"

I closed to the door and was off to Carousel Boutique.


*****

Pinkie Pie got up out of bed and looked in the mirror.

'Pick something up?'

What could that be? she thought to herself. I had better get to the doctor soon. I don't want to be late. she thought as she frowned at her reflection.

I'm not all that beautiful. I have my flaws... and yet he still thinks that I'm perfect. Why? she thought. Why am I so different from Twilight? Why am I so different from Applejack? Why am I so different from Rainbow Dash? Why am I so different from Rarity? I'm lucky to have him..... Celestia. If you could hear my prayers, what have I done to deserve such a colt? Tell me, why are you so generous? I'm not complaining, but was it for him, or was it for me? she stared at the mirror, but could only see her small figure trembling from fear.

"I need to go to the doctor." she said finally turning away from the mirror.

She turned and headed out the door to Doctor Whooves office.





"Welcome Pinkamena!"

"Hello Doctor. What do you need to do this time, a shot? A blood sample?" she said chattering her teeth.

"Oh no, nothing painful my dear. Though there is something we may need to take a look at."

"What is it?"

"A urine sample. Now, if you don't want to you don't have to, but it would be greatly appreciated. There is a restroom right there. I'll be back in a little bit. Please, drink something."

Pinkie Pie nodded and looked at the restroom door.

"If I must..."


"Ms. Pinkamena? Ah, there you are. Are you finished?"

She blushed and held out the cup filled with a yellowish liquid.

"That's good, now I'll be back, I have to run some tests. You're welcome to those magazines."

She looked at the table to find an ad on how to "Style your mane Perfectly." At the sight of this she pushed her mane out of her face.

*****


The bells rang as I opened the door to Carousel Boutique.

"Welcome to Carousel Boutique, where everything is- Pineapple! Ahh, just the pony I wanted to see!"

"Mornin' Rarity. have you got it?" I asked eagerly.

"But of course! I looked everywhere! I searched high, and I searched low. Low and high! High and low. But, with the help of Spike, I managed to find the absolutely PERFECT jewel for your young lover. It's in the back. Come come! Come and see your magnificent gem!" she said as she took my hoof and led me into the back room.

"Viola!" she said unveiling the ring from the sheet it was under.

The gem was perfectly cut, and was a brilliant ocean blue, and the same as Pinkie's eyes. The gem was cut into the shape of two heart, joined together by a string. All made with the same sapphire.

"Just wait until you seen what I engraved on the inside!!" she said as her voice cracked into a shrill, untamed noise.

I looked in the inside of the the ring and read what it said out loud.

"Our hearts will always be one." I said. "Rarity, this is beautiful!" I said as I hugged her.

"Puh-lease! It's the least I could do for two very good friends of mine! Now go! Work first, then propose to her in a place she shan't forget! Au revoir!" Rarity said to me as she pushed me out the door with my package.

"It's the perfect ring." I said running off to work.



*****


"Well, Pinkie Pie, I have some good news, and I have some bad news."

"Really?! Whats the bad news?!"

"Haha, nothing." said the doctor. "I've just always wanted to say that!" he said delightfully.

Pinkie Pie frowned.

"Ahem." he said straightening out. "Well, there is nothing wrong with you, but I do have some quite exciting news for you."

"What is it...?" she said slowly.

"Well, unless the machines are lying to me, you're pregnant. And you've been pregnant for a little while now. About three months. Not just with one child though. Twins actually. They'll be due sometime in March. I suggest going home and telling your husband." he said.

"But..." she replied with a scared look on her face. "I don't have a husband."

"Oh... Oh... I'm.... very sorry to hear that... It said that the father was someone by the name of 'Pineapple Thyme Spice' if I'm not mistaken."

Pinkie Pie felt a sudden rush of relaxation.

"Thank you doctor." she said smiling at the ground. "I really appreciate you telling me." she said as she gave him a hug. "I've got to tell Pineapple right away!" she said running our of the office.


*****


"Order Up! I've got a dozen cupcakes for 'Berry Punch,' a cake for 'Lyra' and three dozen muffins for 'Ditzy Doo!'" I yelled into the filled room of impatient ponies.

The ponies walked up and I gave them their orders. I turned around and got back to work.

"Hello," said a voice. "I'd like to have a conversation with the excellent baker!"

I turned to see Pinkie Pie standing there with a huge grin on her beautiful face.

"Hey there Pinkie Pie! You need a word with me?"

"Yes." she said switching her attitude.

I pulled her inside my private baking quarters and closed the door.

"I have something I need to talk to you about as well." I said.

"Really? Well you go first then!"

"Okay. Here goes." I said sitting her down.

I knelt before her, holding her hooves in mine, and looked into her eyes.

"Pinkamena Diane Pie," I said. "I've loved you for a very long time, and we have had some fantastic times together. I want you to know that you have turned my life around. I was in great depression from my past, and I had nopony to turn to but you. You've made this past year the best year of my entire life, and our relationship has blossomed into the beauty of true love. I want you to stay by my side forever Pinkie Pie. So I ask you now-Will You Marry Me?" I said opening the case to reveal her ring.

From her eyes fell the tears of joy, and love. She cried tried her hardest to smile at me. She threw her arms around my neck and shouted with great enthusiasm.

"Yes! I will marry you~! You've made me the happiest filly in the world~! I will never leave your side Pineapple. I want to be with you forever and ever." she said trying to hold back her tears to make her voice audible.

I slipped the ring on her and kissed her passionately for the next twenty seconds.

"Well would yew lookie there? True love." said Applejack.

"I must say, I've never seen such passion in such a simple form of affection like that before, and I certainly didn't expect it from Pinkie Pie." said Twilight.

"Yeah! That was great Pineapple! Nice moves!" said Rainbow Dash.

"I made that ring~! How do you like it Pinkie Pie? Does it fit alright? Is it too small? Do you like the design?" said Rarity.

"I don't think there is another pony in the world that is more perfect for you than Pineapple, Pinkie Pie." Fluttershy said.

"Girls!" Pinkie Pie said with a humongous smile on her face. "How did you all know?"

"I brought them here." said Rarity. "We didn't want to miss this moment!"

"You all are great friends!" Pinkie said as she hugged them all.

"Pinkie," I said standing up. "Isn't there something you wanted to tell me?"

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot! You all might want to sit down for this one. It's pretty important! I have to tell you all what I found out at the doctor!" she said as she smiled the beautiful smile that she always had.

Father, I thought. If only you could see me now. You'd see the adult that I've come to be.