• Published 29th Nov 2011
  • 2,880 Views, 162 Comments

Baking Perfect Pie - Kumare Tanamaru



When the new kid comes to town, Pinkie Pie volunteers herself to throw him a Pinkie Party.

  • ...
5
 162
 2,880

In The Oven

"So Pinkie? What is it?"

"I'm pregnant!"

Everyone's jaw dropped, and fell silent.

"How.... Do you know?" I said.

"I told you I was going to the doctor. He told me. He had to explain to me that he used something called a 'Sonic Screwdriver' or something like that."

"Oh really? Interesting." I said looking down

Sonic screw driver?

"I think that our kids are going to be fantastic Pineapple!"

Everyone fell silent again and I looked around

"You know what this means, don't you Pinkie?" Rainbow Dash said. "It means it's time for a PAR-TAY!" she said rushing out the door.



*****



"Hey there Pineapple! Enjoying your party?" Twilight said with a smile.

"Yeah. Thanks again for planning it on such short notice."

"Oh, it was nothing. Organization is just something I'm good at." she said praising herself.

"I admire that..." I said. "...I heard the story about what happened with you, Trey, and Fluttershy." I said trying to move the conversation along.

"Oh... You did... did you?" she said blushing.

"I think that it's very sweet that even though you tried to ruin their relationship, you were going to give up your one and only kidney for your friend. I admire that also. I was always raised by the words 'Blood before friends, but until then, friends above all else.'" I said staring off into space. "They aren't just your friends, Twilight. They're your family."

She stared at me for a long while.

"I..." she said.

"Sorry, excuse my rudeness. How are you enjoying the party?"

"I'm enjoying it! But I have a question..."

"Yes?

"How can you be so good at baking when you haven't had much experience with it?"

"Well, you see, when I was just a little colt and my mom and pop were at work I had the entire house to myself and my siblings. I had all day to study the cook book that I was working out of. This was a special cook book though. It was handed down from generations of the Spice family tree, and I was lucky enough to get to study it!."

"Oh. Okay, I thought that there was something strange about you being able to bake so well, but even so how did you get so good without much practice?"

I raised my hoof to my forehead and poked at it.

"Memorization, my dear Twilight!" I said in a joking manor.

"You memorized the entire thing?" she said in awe.

"Heavens no!"

"Oh, I thought-"

"Just the baking portion. Which is about a quarter of the book."

"How big was this book, exactly?"

"Hm... about five inches thick, I presume. I can't really remember."

Her jaw involuntarily dropped a bit.

"Come on Twilight!" Pinkie Pie said. "Dance with us!"

"I'll be right there Pinkie! Hey, Pineapple?"

"Yes Twilight?"

She came up close to my face and I backed up.

"Promise me that you'll take EXTREMELY good care of Pinkie and you guy's kids." she said unblinking.

"No pr-" I began

"I'm serious. She can get kind of weird."

"Twilight." I said. "I just proposed to her. I will never stop caring for her no matter what. Love doesn't even begin to describe what I feel for her."

Twilight smiled at my sincerity, and I smiled back.

"C'mon Twilight!" Rainbow Dash said impatiently. "We're waiting for you! Vinyl is about to play your jam!"

"Okay, I'm coming! I had better go."

"Hey, Twilight?"

"Yes?"

"Love will find a way. No matter who you are, what you do, or what you say. Love will always find you. Just when you expect it."

She stared at me with tears in her eyes.

"Thank you. That means a lot to me."

"Go and have fun. I've got to talk with my fiance."

She turned and left. The last thing I saw was a tear hit the floor.



*****



Pinkie Pie was sitting down at the snacks table talking to Rainbow Dash when she waved at me to come to her table. Her blue eyes were as bright as sparkling sapphires, and her ring did that justice.

"Pineapple! Over here!"

"I'm comin'." I said trotting over to the table and trying to avoid getting in anypony's way.

"So," Rainbow Dash said to me. "Pinkie and I were just talking about a bachelor outing for just me and Pinkie Pie here. Is that cool with you?"

A bachi what now?

"I don't know... sure? Just... make sure she stays safe!"

"Will do pal! C'mon Pinkie Pie, let's go!"

"Okay! See you later Pineapple!" she said coming up to me "I love you~!" she said kissing me.

"I love you too. Have fun! Stay safe!"

"Yeah, yeah, see ya!" Rainbow Dash said.

I sighed and turned around to see everypony cleaning up the mess.

"You guys don't have to, I can get it!" I said with a smile on my face.

"We threw this party for you, so you shouldn't have to clean!" said Twilight.

"But I-"

"Ah ah! No 'buts!' We insist!" said Rarity.

I let out a sigh.

"You guys are really great friends, you know that?" I said smiling.

They all smiled back.






Why does it seem like something's missing? Why do I feel like it's not enough? The smiled leaked off my face and I went upstairs. The other ponies were gone, so I could go right to sleep.

I touched Pinkie's pillow.

This is the first time in a long time that I haven't been able to sleep next to you all night. I looked up at the ceiling. Tears welled up in my eyes.

Come home soon...? I'm lonely... Tears fell from my eyes.

She'll be back. Don't worry, she'll come back!



I hope........