• Published 2nd Jan 2017
  • 924 Views, 5 Comments

Welcome to Essence - Element Reading



Shining Armor and Cadence get sucked through a portal to a human city, but this isn't a normal human city, it's an underwater city. But something happened and they need to get out of there before they're turned into oh I almost forgot, no spoilers.

  • ...
5
 5
 924

Chapter 4: Is this.... the end?

It has been half an hour, Shining Armor and Cadence were starting to get tired of crawling through those vents, they're getting worried about Otter, he hasn't called them since his family died.

"I still can't believe he saw the dead bodies of his wife and daughter, it was horrible to hear him, nopony should have to go through that." Said Shining Armor.

"We should have saved them earlier, we should have done something."

"Cadence, no we couldn't, they were probably dead by the time we came here. There was nothing we could do."

Otter came over the radio and said, "You two are right over the vent, sigh, just drop down and I'll get the sub ready." The vent right in front of them opened and they dropped down.

The room was made out of white cubes with black outlining each cube, to their lefts there were several openings and one in the corner that had a submarine in it.

To their right there was two way glass, they could see their reflection, but not what's behind the mirror. Suddenly the radio started to short circuit and Shining Armor had to drop it or get electrocuted. It bursted into flames leaving them there alone, or so they thought.

"What the-" Shining Armor was interrupted by a loud mechanical noise, they turned around to see a wall disappearing and a control room was now able to be seen.

"Shining, I think I see something moving!" it got closer and closer to the glass until they could see it's face. It was a man, but it had normal brown eyes and no impact to the head, just a normal human.

He looked scrony and very skinny, he had very short hair, like a buzz cut, he was also wearing gray overalls and he was holding a bottle of booze in his left hand and a sawed off shotgun in his right hand.

"Otter?" Asked Cadence.

He looked at her and replied, "Yes Cadence, I'm Otter, a pleasure it is to see you two face, to face, to face."

"Why three?" Asked Shining Armor.

"Because there are three of us, not two."

"Ahh, now I get it."

"Now, you two fulfilled your promise and at least tried to save my family, but it was already to late. Shining Armor, there is something I have to tell you, father to father."

"Yes, what is it?"

"These are words you should live your life to, a father shouldn't have to bury their child, nor their mother. Nothing hurts as much as losing the two people in your life that mean the world to you.

Now Cadence, there is also something you need to hear also."

"I-I'm all ears." Said Cadence.

"Good, take care of your child, it will be difficult and stressful, but it will be worth it, just not to me, based upon what happened. You two should never put your lives above your child's.

The submarine is right over there, it's fully juiced up and ready to depart, it'll take you two to the surface and you'll be able to leave this planet, forever hopefully."

"Come on, lets get out of here Otter!" Said Shining Armor.

"I can't, there isn't anything for me out there. Everything I held dear was here, now they're gone, forever. I can't live without them, I will not live without them."

"Otter." Said Cadence.

"Never lose your families, it will hurt you more than them, I wish you two the best, and I beg of you two to, NEVER COME BACK HERE AGAIN!

Now then, it's time for me to see them again, in heaven. Goodbye, my friends, I hope to see you two again in the afterlife."

Shining Armor tried to use his magic to get rid of Otter's gun, but it was futile at best, Otter lifted the gun to his head and closed his eyes.

For a moment everything was silent, then, BANG, blood splattered all over the glass and Otter's body fell to the ground limp and dead. Shining Armor and Cadence were just standing there, shocked yet again by death.

"H-He kil-l-led himse-e-elf?! Holy-" Cadence was cut off by Shining Armor shoving his hoof over her mouth.

"Look away." She turned around with tears pouring from her face, Shining Armor with a slightly teary face walked up to the glass and said, "I understand, and I hope you'll be with your family, may you rest in peace, and thank you for helping us, we'll remember you, forever."

He turned around and walked to Cadence, she hugged him right before they walked over to the sub. It was a very small sub, maybe the size of a small room, it's top hatch was open and all the important things had been taken care of.

They stepped inside, there were two seats for the controls, and 3 more behind them, would have been just enough for Otter's family. Shining Armor sat down on the left seat, and Cadence sat on the right, she used some magic and closed the bulkhead.

Shining Armor pushed the glowing red button that said launch. Cadence closed her eyes and whispered, "Goodbye Essence, hope you never trap anyone else down here again."

With a jerk the sub dropped about 2 feet and hit the water, it's auto pilot took over and it made it's way to the surface. Cadence asked.

"Why?"

Shining Armor looked at her and replied, "Why what?"

"Why did all this happen, why here and nowhere else. We could've been transported to a nice beach, or a resort, or anywhere, but why here?"

"Let's not complain, we're getting out of there alive, we're almost at the surface, then we teleport back to Equestria, and drink the worst of these memories away."

"But you didn't answer my question."

"Because I can't, I don't know and we'll never know, please, let's just go home and talk this over there."

"Alright, wait! I see sunlight."

"Me too." Replied Shining Armor. And it was true, they were reaching the surface. After a second the sub reached the top, the top half of the sub was out of the water and holding steady.

Cadence used her magic and opened the bulkhead. They poked they're heads out and saw bright blue seas and a bright light blue sky with the sun shining above them, it was beautiful.

They took a moment to admire the beauty of the sea, and the warmth of the sun. Cadence's horn glowed brightly and after a second they vanished.

Equestria:

There were guards all over the throne room, examining every crack, every corner to find out what happened. Sunset was holding little Flurry Heart with his magic, she was in the crib.

Suddenly a bright flash enveloped the throne as everypony covered their eyes. After a second the light subsided and there sat Shining Armor, and Cadence.

Sunburst ran up to them and asked, "Where were you two? We were looking all over the castle."

Cadence replied, "Well, we were sent to a whole different world, now I wanna see Flurry Heart, then Shining and I will be heading off to the bar, we both need a couple drinks."

All Sunburst could say was, "Um, alright, but please fill me in on what happened later, okay?"

"Sure." Said Cadence.

After a couple minutes with Flurry Heart they decided to have the wine sent to their bedroom, they just wanted to be alone for the mean time.

Cadence flopped on the bed while Shining Armor went over to the bottle of wine and poured it into two glasses. He used his magic to take Cadence's drink to her, she nodded.

As she was about to drink Shining Armor said, "Wait. I need to propose a toast."

"What is it?" Replied Cadence.

"To Otter, the human who pretty much saved our lives, may he rest in peace with his family." Cadence nodded with a small tear rolling off of her cheek.

They toasted and drank the whole night away.

Author's Note:

Well I hope this story was interesting, if this story gets enough love I'll do a much more edited one and I'll add a whole new chapter.

Let me know what all you liked about it, and what all you didn't like about it. I read all my comments.

Comments ( 3 )

Somehow was expecting it to last longer... but not too bad.

Oh its over, i kinda thought there would have been more but whats here is an enjoyable little read.:raritywink:

7907605
7907646

Thanks, and I might add a new chapter, there's room for it, but I just needed to end it because I could sense I was getting bored with it, so eventually one will come out, I hope.

Login or register to comment