• Published 18th Sep 2016
  • 1,097 Views, 79 Comments

Welcome to the new order - Bronycommander



15th October 1960, a normal day in the London Nautica but a special day for a Luftwaffe Trooper who wants to be father

  • ...
4
 79
 1,097

Chapter 11 Max Hass

Chapter 11: Max Hass

A week passed after Dinky met Johann’s parents. Nina danced with Dinky to The Bunkers - Toe the Line. Nina loved being a mother, she always knew she would.

She smiled at Dinky, “And now my dear, it’s time for cake.” Dinky smiled back. She loved cake as much as muffins. She told Nina and Johann about Mr. and Mrs. Cake who owned the Sugarcube Corner, a bakery and confectionery in Ponyville which Products were loved by foals.
However, Dinky saw a car driving by. Two Commandos of Deathshead stepped out and walked to the Front door. Nina saw them as well and told Dinky to hide.

Nina opened the Door for the commandos. “Hello. Can I help you?”

“Yes, Frau Bauer. We are here for the filly.”

“Filly? I don’t what you are talking about.” Nina lied nervously. She saw how two other Soldiers dragged Franz and his Family out of their Home. All handcuffed. She saw the frightened look on Karl’s and Anja’s faces. Eva screamed with despair and her face was wet with tears and her eyes were bright red. Her Husband's eyes were downcast.

Nina knew what would happen now. “Don’t act surprised, we know about her. Müller, search the filly.”

“Yes, Sir!” Müller shoved her away and stepped in. He found Dinky frightened and cowering under the guest bed.

“Wait!” Nina yelled but to no avail.

Dinky screamed in fear as Müller grabbed her and handcuffed her. He also put some device on her horn. She tried to fight against it but to no avail. “I found her.”

“Good. Now get her into the car.” The commandos made to leave.

“NEIN!” Nina screamed and leapt forward for Dinky. The Commando stopped her with an arm while Müller leaved for the car. Dinky still struggled but Müller knocked her out. “You Monster!”

The Commando just looked cold-blooded at Nina. “We only handle for the benefit of the Regime.”

“NEIN!” she yelled again, now clawing for the Commandos eyes. He held her wrists in a vice like grip and kneed her in the stomach. Winded, she doubled over.

“I will be merciful and spare you. But this Filly is only an animal that must be put to use for the benefit of our glorious country, even if you see her as your daughter.”

The commando walked away and shut the door. Nina couldn’t see, couldn’t breathe she was sobbing so much. She slowly fell to her knees, rolled onto her side and let out an ear-piercing scream.


Dinky awoke in the car. She heard the Commandos talking. “You know what our orders are, Dieter?”

“Yes. Take her to Deathshead.” Dinky couldn’t believe it. Her nightmares came true. Suddenly there was a bang.

“Dieter! A Tire is burst! I lose control!” The car broke through a bridge railing and fell into the water.

The Commandos died from the impact. Dinky was thrown out of the car. She couldn’t swim with the cuffs on. She felt something grabbing her before she lost consciousness.

Her vision comes and goes. She saw a silhouette that tried to revive her with CPR. As her vision slowly came, she heard the silhouette say, “You’re still breathing, lucky you!”

I know that voice. But from where?

Her vision fully returned. She saw her savior. It was the same man she saw when she was in the hanger bay. The terrorist! She crawled backwards up against a concrete wall. “Please don’t hurt me,” She begged.

“Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you kid. Let me remove the cuffs.” He lock picked the cuffs and removed the device on her horn.

“Thank you. What’s your name?”

“Name’s William Joseph Blazkowicz. But most people call me B.J.”

“Name’s Dinky Hooves. What are you doing down here?”

“Retrieving a welder from my buddy Wyatt. Come with me to the resistance HQ. You will be safe there,” Blazkowicz explained.

Dinky knew she had no other choice. “Ok, I come with you.”

Blazkowicz couldn’t help himself but smile. “You know, you remind me of that girl I had met 14 years ago.”

“You’re girlfriend?”

“No. 14 Years ago, I had to find a folder in Wulfburg. The girl helped me. Her name was Annette Krause. I saved her from death like I saved you. I don’t know if she is still alive.”

“You fought in the War? What happened?”

“The folder was necessary to attack Deathshead's Compound. The attack failed. I and my buddy Wyatt were the only survivors.”

“Sorry to hear that.”

“It’s alright. When I had to find the folder, I said to myself: No hill for a stepper, right, Billy boy? Father used to call me that.”

Dinky giggled. “My mama calls me Muffin.”

“Cute name. How did you end up here?”

Dinky’s ears dropped. “It’s a long story. I think it is better when I tell you at the HQ.”

“You’re right, Dinky.”

While they walked through the underground of Berlin, they heard a conversation.

“There was a knock on the door. I took a look outside and I saw these men dressed in black talking to the neighbors. The wife was all crying with her children in her arms. Then, I saw how Franz’s family was taken away. They were gone. The entire Family.”

“What’d they do?”

“I don’t know. But Johann’s wife let out an ear-piercing scream.”

Dinky began to sob as she heard this. “What’s wrong, kid?”

“Franz kid’s, they were my friends. Now they are gone. Because of me!” B.J. couldn’t believe it. She was blaming herself for this.

“Listen Dinky, it wasn’t your fault. And I have a friend in the HQ had would be pleased to meet you.”

“You sure?”

"Yes.”

They came to an abandoned storage room. Dinky walked to one of the containment pods. “I wonder what’s in there.”

“Better stay away from that Dinky. One of my comrades came too close to it and… it ended not well.” B.J. said as he remembered what happened to Blondie. “There must be a switch to open the gate. Aha, there!”

B.J. used the switch. An alert went off and the door opened. But also one of the pods fell off. “Dinky, get to cover.”

"Why?” The answer was a 1946 Super Soldier that broke out. Dinky panicked, screamed and went to cover behind some debris.

B.J. fired his LaserKraftWerk. He killed the Super Soldier but the battery was empty. Then a second Soldier broke out of the pod dinky had examined. The former Us soldier grabbed the MG 46 from the killed Soldier and fired it at the second Super Soldier. His face mask fell off revealing his heavily scarred; nose-less face after he died.

B.J. charged the LKW and looked after Dinky. She cried. “Shh, it’s over.”

“What was that thing?”

“A Super Soldier from 1946. Come on, where’re almost there.” Dinky had to throw up as she saw the face of the Super Soldier.

“Sorry. It’s just; I am not used to something like this.”

“It’s alright. I have seen much worse things in my life. I have seen things that churn your stomach. Turns your hair white.” Then she felt a great pain in her right foreleg. A bullet had hit her.

Dinky let out a cry of pain, but B.J. grabbed a First Aid Kit and treated her wound. “Don’t worry. I have a girlfriend named Anya Oliwa. She can help you.”

He lifted Dinky careful up. She was startled by the abrupt closing of the gate, but B.J. stroked her mane to calm her down. At the HQ, he mumbled, “Long walk for a lousy welder.”

“Set, I got the welder.”

"Thank you Herr Blazkowicz. Who’s this?” He pointed at Dinky.

“Is this the filly you saw in the hanger bay?” Caroline asked which B.J. confirmed with a nod. “Anya, get a towel.” Caroline saw how Dinky was freezing. Anya noticed her wound after she dried Dinky.

“Oh you poor kid. Let me take care of your wound.” Since Anya was a nurse, she knew how to treat wounds properly. “This will hurt a little but I promise I make it as painless as possible.”

It was uncharacteristic for B.J. as he gently holds Dinky’s unharmed fore hoof and spoke to her, “I’m gonna teach you a trick. Inhale, count to four. Exhale. Count to four.” Dinky’s shivering stopped a little.

Still, Dinky had to grit her teeth and wince a little in pain. “It’s ok sweetheart, I’m done, see?” Anya gave her a warm smile.

“Thank you, Miss Anya and Mister Blazkowicz.”

B.J.’s and Anya’s hearts melted. “You don’t need to be such polite, Anya and Blazkowicz is just fine. If I may ask sweetheart, what is your name?”

“Dinky Hooves. B.J. saved me from drowning and the bad metal men.”

Anya looked sad at her. “How did you end up here?”

Dinky eyes began to water. Her crying ceased when Anya put an arm around her, and pulled her close. “I know we just meet but… I just want to let you know that you can tell us anything.”

"O-okay..." Dinky took the deepest breath of her life.

She told them from where she was, how Johann found her and what she had experienced. Blazkowicz then told them how he found her and saved her when he was on his way back and how the wound came. “And I thought the Super Soldier in Deathshead compound was bad enough,” Wyatt commented

Everyone was on the verge of tears. “Don’t worry kid. You are safe here. And we will fight on your behalf,” Klaus said.

That Johann… he’d make a pretty good father… for one of them. B.J. thought.

“If I may introduce: Caroline Becker, leader of the Kreisau Circle,”

“Hello Dinky,” The woman in the wheelchair said.

“My buddy Wyatt,” Wyatt waved friendly.

“J, the Guitarist of our group,”

“Hi there.”

“Set Roth, our Engineer if I can say so,”
"Hello little one.”

“Bombate,” He waved too.

“And Klaus Kreutz, a former officer of the regime.”

Dinky just gave a weak smile. “Nice to meet to all. But can you send Johann and Nina a message that I’m alright?”

“Sorry kid. But we cannot risk exposing our base of operation. But you can stay here,” Caroline replied. Dinky just wanted to cry. But not in front of the adults.

“Why do you not look around? Get to know the place,” Wyatt asked.

“Okay.”
She walked around. She was careful as the wound was still hurting. She read all the newspapers in the HQ. All the people who escaped from the camp greeted her.

After she found a corner without being seen, she started to sob, “Mama, Mommy, I miss you so much.”

After a while she heard someone say, “Max Hass?” Dinky looked up. She saw a boy with a deformed Head.

“Just leave me alone,” She sobbed.

But the boy hugged her to cheer her up. “Max Hass.”

“Thanks. I needed that.”

“Ah, there you are. I see you made already met Max.” Klaus joined them. “Max, why don’t you show her your room? She would make a good playmate for you.”

“Max Hass.” Max gestured her to follow. In his room, he showed her his drawn picture.

“Looks nice Max. Can I draw too?” Max nodded. Dinky drew a picture of herself, Johann and Nina.

“This are my Papa and Mama. Do you like it?”

A positive “Max Hass” was the answer.

Blazkowicz came in. “Sorry to interrupt but can I speak you for a minute, Dinky?”

“Sure. I’ll be right back Max.”

They walked into the Hanger bay. “Actually, I wanted to ask you something B.J. Why did you spare Johann?”

B.J. just said, “You know, I hate the Regime. But when I saw how he begged me to spare you, I knew that he was not like the others.”

“What do you mean?”

“I saw many Soldiers of the Regime that were merciless and brutal. They even did not spare Children. But Johann seemed to be different. He cared for you. That’s why I spared him. To give him a chance. And I would never kill in front of Children.”

“That’s terrible.”

“I know. Klaus has a similar story like him. Used to be Klaus had a son. Born during the war. A miracle he called it. They tried for years to have a child. Him and his wife. The Child was born with a club foot. Klaus knew of course what that meant. He begged the doctors not to report it to the authorities. When Secret Police showed up to take the boy away… …Klaus and his wife tried to stop him. The wife died from a bullet to the head. The child too. Klaus… could not protect them.”

"So he blames himself?”

“I think so. And he will never forgive the regime.”

“That’s horrible. Just like Johann’s story. Only worse. And like my nightmare.
I once dreamed that a man called Keller wanted to take me away. Johann and Nina were killed. Keller… he… killed me too.”

“Don’t worry, Dinky. You are safe here. And don’t worry about Keller. I took care of him long before you showed up. And everyone here is here for you. Besides, since Klaus sees Max as his Son, I’m sure that he will like you too.” He ruffled playfully her Mane.

Dinky giggled, “I’m sure you would be a good father too,” she lowered her ears, “I just hope that Nina and Johann do not worry too much about me.”

“Don’t worry, Dinky. I promise I will find a way to inform them that you are fine. But I still have something to do. And Max is waiting for you.”

"Thank you B.J.!”

Dinky went back to Max and they played with his Toys. She had so much fun with him that she didn’t noticed how William and Anya had their “private Time.”


Meanwhile above the HQ

Johann drove as fast as he could, after he heard about the arrest of Franz’s family. He knew if they got visit, that his Wife will get visit too.
He saw his wife crying on the floor. “Nina!” He checked her.

“I’m so sorry Johann! I did what I could, but they took her! I’m a horrible mother!” She cried her heart out. Johann did his best to comfort his wife. Kurt joined them after a while.

“I don’t know how to put this, but she seems to be safe and sound.”

“What makes you think that?” Johann asked close to despair.

“The Commandos who took her… they never arrived at Deathshead compound.”

"What do you mean?” Nina managed to pull herself together. “The Commandos had a car crash. They died but Dinky’s body was not found. The car has a broken window which means she was thrown out of the car when the crash happened. Divers searched the water after her. They found only the cuffs and the device. That means that somebody saved her from drowning. But Franz’s family was sent into a camp. We cannot do anything for them.”

“If you say so Kurt, we can only hope whoever found her, does not report her to the authorities nor is a terrorist.” Johann prayed for her safety.
“If I get my hands on the one who reported her presence to the authorities.” Kurt burned in anger.

Author's Note:

Dinky was very lucky. I think you get what I meant with "private time"
Everytime i played that level, i wondered how these two Super Soldiers can still be active after 14 years.
And B.J. and Anya would make good parents, don't you think?