• Published 18th Sep 2016
  • 1,097 Views, 79 Comments

Welcome to the new order - Bronycommander



15th October 1960, a normal day in the London Nautica but a special day for a Luftwaffe Trooper who wants to be father

  • ...
4
 79
 1,097

Chapter 10 Take your filly to work

Chapter 10: Take your filly to work

When the morning came, Johann walked into the guest room. He smiled as Dinky slept peaceful. Gently, he put a hand on her to wake her. “Dinky, it’s time to wake up.”

Dinky let out a yawn and stretched herself. “Good morning, Daddy. What’s for breakfast?”

“I made you some Toast.”

After they finished breakfast, they brushed their teeth and left for Work.

They had to pass a checkpoint. “Papers, please.” The Guard said. Johann showed his papers. “Thanks. Now be on your way. Have a nice Day.”
At the entrance, Johann was saluted by a regular Soldier and a Luftwaffe soldier.

“Good morning.”

“Morning.” Dinky hid behind his back as she was a little timid.

“Is this your Daughter?” The masked Soldier asked.

“Yes. I wanted to show her how my work is here.”

“You look so cute in that unicorn costume,” His comrade commented.

Dinky blushed, “Thank you.”

“This masked man reminded me of my nightmare.”

“This is how the regular infantry looks like. Even if most of the Soldiers that are deployed here are part of the Luftwaffe, there are also a few regular Soldiers deployed here.”

Kurt joined them. “Reporting for Duty.”

“At ease.” Kurt kneeled down to Dinky, “How’s my little pony doing?” He ruffled playfully her mane.

"I am doing great, Uncle Kurt.”

“Glad to hear it. Johann, you and I were called to a meeting in the meeting room.”

“Great. And what about her?”

“I think I can help,” An unknown voice said.

“Mom! Dad!” Johann didn’t expect to see his parents. “What are you doing here?”

“We thought we look how our son is doing at work,” His Dad replied. He had gray hair and brown eyes, his wife green eyes.

“You never told us that you have a daughter. Isn’t she cute?” His mother asked.

“Kurt, you go ahead, I come right after.” As Kurt left, Johann told his parents how he found Dinky which she confirmed.

“Oh, you poor child. But we can take care of you until the meeting is over, is this ok for you, Johann?”

“Yes, mother. It is ok for you, Dinky?”

“Yes, daddy.” Johann’s parents knew instantly that she acted like that to avoid suspicion.

“Ok, see you later.” Johann went to the meeting room.

“So, what do you want to do Dinky?” Johann’s mother asked

Before she could answer another voice spoke up, “Hello little one, long time not see.”

Dinky turned around to see the Fire trooper she met on her first visit. “Hello again.”

“Do you want to come with me to the shooting range?”

Mr. and Mrs. Bauer however disagreed, “She is in our Care. Besides, it is too dangerous for her,” Mr. Bauer said.

“Don’t worry; we have a room for visitors. Do you want to come too?”

“I am not a fan of guns but why not,” Dinky said.

“Ok, follow me.”

When the Fire trooper was out of hearing range, Dinky asked, “Would you mind if I call you my Grandparents?”

“Not at all, Dinky.”

At the shooting range, Dinky and her ‘grandparents’ were given earmuffs and safety goggles. But to be completely safe, they were behind bulletproof glass.

Several soldiers and commanders practiced with their assault rifles and handguns. This was the first time she saw the three-burst mode.
The Fire Trooper loaded his Shotgun. Dinky looked at it with curiosity. “This is the Automatic Shotgun. Standard weapon for Fire troopers. It can be fired fully automatic or semi-automatic. Uses a 20 round magazine." He fired the Shotgun fully automatic with the standard Buck shot. While Dinky was not a fan of it, it was still interesting.

“There is also the ricochet shot.” Then he switched to the ricochet ammo with a click and fired the shotgun semi-automatic. He aimed at a wall. Dinky saw how the ricochet rounds ricocheted at the wall and hit the target. “Some Troopers also are dual wielding shotguns.” Then he fired two shotguns.

Dinky smiled as she saw Hans. “Hans!” She ran to him.

“Hello Dinky.” Dinky looked at his rifle. It looked different than the Assault rifle. It had a white body and a scope attached.

“Hans, this isn’t the Assault rifle. What kind of rifle do you have?” She pointed with a hoof at it.

“That’s the AR Marksman rifle. Standard Sniper rifle. It has a 10 round magazine. The Space Marines and Troopers, use it in its secondary firing mode.”

He switched to the secondary firing mode. The scope was swung over the right side and revealed an energy counter and the barrel was retracted.

“In this mode it fires blue bolts of plasma that are lethal to anything it hits.”
He fired some shots to demonstrate it. “Very useful if an enemy comes to close. The Soldiers on the Moon use it only in is plasma firing mode. However, the battery runs dry fast, but it can be recharged at any Charging Station, see?”
He recharged at the Charging Station right next to him. Dinky was impressed by this technology.

“I never saw such impressing technology.”

“Yes kid, it is impressive what technology we had invented over the years,” The Fire Trooper said.

“Look at the time. The meeting must be over,” Dinky’s ‘grandpa’ said as he looked on his pocket watch.

Johann stood guard at the Door. The meeting was about the colonizing of the Venus.

Kurt came out. “Was this boring. I’m glad that this meeting is over or else I had fallen asleep.”

“What was the meeting about?”

“About the Venus. You know, floating city, drones and such. But for now, let’s look after Dinky.”

When they arrived at the shooting range, Johann saw his mother giving Dinky a belly rubs while asking, “Who’s a good filly? You’re a good filly! Yes you are!” Dinky giggled.

Kurt and Johann smiled. “Looks like you had a good time Dinky. But now, let’s get home.”
Before they left, Johann putted his cap on Dinky’s head. Again, she giggled. Johann was happy every time he saw Dinky happy.

At home, Nina came out of the kitchen. “I made gingerbread for you, Dinky.”

“Thank you.” She enjoined the gingerbread with great pleasure. After some bread for Dinner, she went into bed.

“She is such a sweet filly. But still we have to stay in line. Otherwise we are dead and Dinky is doomed as Deathshead’s test subject for his terrifying experiments.”

“You’re right, my dear wife. It just takes one bad fruit to spoil the whole basket,” Her husband replied before they were asleep.

Author's Note:

That was a interesting Day for her. Let's hope that Deathshead don't find her. I don't want to imagine what he would do to her.
But a Sniper Rifle that fires plasma bolts? That's impressive for sure. I just wonder sometimes why the Firetroopers are called so if they're divers. It makes no sence.