• Published 18th Sep 2016
  • 1,097 Views, 79 Comments

Welcome to the new order - Bronycommander



15th October 1960, a normal day in the London Nautica but a special day for a Luftwaffe Trooper who wants to be father

  • ...
4
 79
 1,097

Chapter 9 Fun in the snow

Chapter 9: Fun in the snow

Dinky had fully recovered after a few weeks. While she was sick, Karl and Anja came regularly to visit. Dinky was pleased every time she saw them, and so was Nina as Dinky had found some friends around her age.

Now, it was the beginning of November. Dinky prepared to leave. “And remember Dinky: Have fun.”

“Yes, Mommy.” She stepped into Franz’s Mercedes. Franz was a successful businessman with black hair and blue eyes, while his wife was a teacher with brown hair and green eyes.

Like Johann and Nina, they did not believe in the Regime. They just wanted to live their lives.
While they were on their way to the London Nautica, they came across the Monuments of Truth.
Dinky looked at the statues in awe. “Can I ask what these statues are?”

“That is the Monuments of Truth. The statues were built to commemorate Germany’s victory in World War II. An annual parade is held each fall which crosses the bridge that was built between the two statues of the monument. This parade street continues all the way up to the entrance of the Volkshalle. The Monuments of Truth were commissioned by our leader to celebrate, in his own words, ‘the spirit of the people which led this great nation to victory’ as far as I can remember,” Eva explained.

After a while, they arrived in the snowy London. They all were greeted by Kurt, “Good morning, Franz.”

“Morning.”

“Uncle Kurt!”

Dinky hugged him. “Hello again Dinky. It’s nice to see you again.”

Even if Dinky had already seen the museum, it was still fun with Karl and Anja. They even got an autograph from Hans Armstark and Otto Emmerich.

After their tour, they had lunch in the Restaurant that was in the London Nautica. The kids had Fish and chips while the adults had soup. The kids enjoyed it, despite it was not very healthy.

“I never ate that before. Still it was delicious.” Dinky and Anja agreed with Karl.

After lunch, the Children played in the snow. Karl and Anja built a snowman while Dinky built a snowpony. “Dinky, what is this?” Karl asked confused.

“Well, in Equestria we built snowponies instead of snowmen. Do you have a carrot left?"

“Yes, why?”

“For the tail. Tada!” she shouted happy after the carrot was on the butt of the snow pony. Johann, Kurt, Eva and Franz smiled at the cute snowpony.

“I have an Idea. How about a Snowball Fight versus the adults?” Dinky asked.

The answer was a snowball that landed into Kurt’s face. “You want a war? You get a war!” He replied before a second snowball hit him.
Even if the Kids were outnumbered, they quickly gained the upper hand.

After the fight, the kids did made snow angels.


After a long but fun day, Dinky was sitting together with Johann and Nina at the fireplace.
“This was fun.” Dinky warmed herself at the fireplace.

“Yes it was. I never had so much fun for years.”

Still Dinky let out a sigh, “This reminds me when I sat with my family at the fireplace. Still, I hope that they find me and I am grateful for your care.” She let out a yawn and fell asleep. Nina putted a blanket over her.

“She is so cute when she is asleep. Still, it is heartbreaking how much she misses her family.”
“I have an Idea. How about I take her to work? You know, take your daughter to work. So she can see how my job is.”
“Good Idea.”

They heard the filly whimpering in her sleep, they had come to love with all their hearts. Nina leaned her head down to Dinky’s, nuzzled at her cheek, and whispered soothingly into her ear, “Shh… it’s okay little one, we here to protect you…shh.”

Dinky woke up at the motherly voice. She frowned, “I wanna apologize for running away. That Dog still hunts me in my dreams.”

Nina frowned at the fear she saw in her eyes and nuzzled at her little hoof gently. “No sweetheart, you have nothing to apologize for.” She gave her a warm, reassuring smile. She let out a sigh as she looked into her eyes.

“Don’t worry, it’s over Dinky.” But Dinky started to sob,

“Even if it was weeks ago, when that dog attacked me, I was so scared that it would eat me. I thought I would die and end in his stomach. But Kurt and his men saved me. And Hans helped make my knee feel better.”

Nina smiled warmly as she continued to stroke at her back gently. “That’s right little one. There are those who do care about you with all their hearts and will always be there for you in the time of need.” She kissed her gently on the forehead.

“But I think you should go to bed. Johann wants to show you how his work is. What do you say?”

“I would like that,” Dinky said before she yawned one last time and fell asleep. Nina carried the filly into bed before she went into their own with her husband.

“I enjoy every minute with her Johann.”

“So I do. Goodnight.” He went to bed and so did Nina.

Author's Note:

Nina and Johann enjoy her company while Dinky had much fun with her new friends. It's just can only get better right? Right?
And I must say the developers did a really god job with the Statues in the game. Very impressive