• Published 7th Aug 2016
  • 3,688 Views, 193 Comments

For the Emperor and the UNSC! (Rebooted version) - Titan Commander Sebaste



I thought this was gonna be a normal day... at least until Sasha, Alexandra and I bought those weapons from that Merchant.... Now we're in a new world filled with Ponies, but this isn't like what you see on TV. This... is a war-torn world...

  • ...
25
 193
 3,688

Displaced Arc, Chapter 6: Feet first into Hell

Author's Note:

WARNING: This chapter contains foreshadowing and spoilers for "FIGHT LIKE HELL, FIGHT LIKE DOOM MARINES!" Along with some mild swearing.

Holy throne, this took a while! But here it is, the Crossover with Infernorage008's Doom Displaced! Check it out if you want gore galore!

I had to do it, I've seen gameplay of Doom, and the Marine is freaking badass!

And I have a feeling readers are gonna start shipping Sebaste and Guardian... oh bloody hell...


So now the enemy has managed to capture a major city, and the four now have a week to relay an answer to the Guardian...

Will they be able to negotiate? Or will things go to hell? We'll just see...

EDIT: The bit where Guardian comes into their Equestria has been rewritten

Up next: an inFAMOUS encounter

Viktor stared at the pegasus in the crate in shock. “Seb… why is there a Rainbow with cybernetic and robotic parts in here?” He asked.

“W-who are you?” She asked, her voice shaking in fear.

“Rainbow, you’re okay.” Sebaste said, kneeling down. “It's been a long time.”

With a sob, the pegasus ran towards the Spartan, who braced himself as she glomped him, tears pouring down the right side of face. Her front legs and wings clanged on his armor. He then looked up to Viktor and said, “Get Alex and Sasha, we’re gonna need to discuss what to do.”

Viktor nodded, but as he did so, a portal suddenly opened up under him. “Son of a-!” He yelped as he fell through. From the yelps coming from the castle, Sebaste guessed that the other two had also fallen into a portal. He quickly got up and looked at his old world’s Rainbow.

“Dashie, I need you to go into the castle. I’ll be back in a few hours.” He said just as a portal opened under him. He then yelled, “INTO THE FIRES OF WAR!” as he fell in.


(Moments before the Summoning…)

The next day, the citizens of Ponyville were about to start their normal routine, only to hear and feel the sounds of marching. Wondering what that could be, most of those outside, turned towards where it was coming from; The Everfree Forest. As to what came out from there, was an army. A hundred strong, they marched into town their armour was all the same, looking like that of a Crusading Knight, or Templar, from the old tales of human history. But these weren’t ordinary humans, these were the Knights of Doom; The Night Sentinels.

Those within the streets quickly got out of the way, quite frightened by the sudden display. As they marched onward, the children were in awe, seeing such beings in ancient, yet highly advanced armoury and such. Until it all clicked together, yet surprising them still; this army was for the princess's Doom Marines.

And when the Hell Marchers stopped by a simple motel, the Doom Marines themselves, all but jumped out through a second floor window, landing in front of their forces, and they all cheered and praised amongst each other. Although, for the last Doom Marine, The Hunter of Silence took the civilised way out of the motel, followed closely by the Princess of Tartarus herself.

But, in the midst of all of their joyous moments, it was all shattered. An attack was made on the town, by none other, than Queen Cocoon’s Hive. Apparently, she had sent out an massive army, over 2000 of them. But all the Changeling army had done was piss off the Doom Marines and their Night Sentinels. And they would soon learn, how dead wrong they were to try and invade their reunion.

Enraged, the Bloody-handed Berserker, and his faction, consistent of twenty forces, charged right into the heart of the invaders, along with the Princess of Tartarus. With their swords drawn, they engaged the enemy, ripping and tearing their foes asunder. While this was happening, the rest of the Changeling army scattered, flying away from the bloodthirsty berserkers, and focused on capturing the town. Easier said than done, as they got shot down by the rest of the defenders, who quickly spread themselves out in defensive positions. No matter what they did, it never made much of a difference; whether they in the air or on ground, they were slaughtered.

Still, some did manage to slip by, working their way around these powerful beings. Some of these ones decided to call in some reinforcements, upon which they teleported inside the town, and started wreaking havoc wherever they can. In one house, Button Mash and his Mother were hiding inside their basement. Holding her son tightly, they heard their front door getting broken through, hearing voices along with it.

“Search this place! We’ll get these monsters to comply with our demands with hostages!” One of the Changelings said, as many hoofsteps were heard going about.

“Mom… I’m scared.” Button Mash whispered.

“Don’t worry honey. I won’t let them near you, I promise.” His mother vowed.

“They’re in here! Can you sense their fear?” The Changeling cackled, as he started busting down the door.

While this was happening, something fell in front of Button. His mother never caught it, too focused on the door getting smashed in. Picking it up, he looked it over, not really sure on what to make of it. That is, until he heard a voice coming from it.

This is Sebastian of the Dark Angels, and Spartans Viktor and Alexandra of the UNSC. For those out there, if you are outnumbered and need help, or if your world and its inhabitants are in danger or you just want to hang out, call upon the protectors of Humanity’s future, from both the 41st Millennium and the 24th century. Ave Imperator! For the Emperor and the UNSC! For Equestria!

Now that, was even stranger. But before he could do anything, he heard the door, their final barrier between them and the Changelings, came crashing down. Horrified, he clutched onto his mother very tightly, while also whimpering and crying. “Please… Somepony help us? Anypony?”

Just as they were losing hope, a portal open up from the ceiling of the basement, and three figures came crashing down in front of them. Before they could think on this, however, the Changelings made it down stairs.

“Alright then, let’s get a move… What in the--!?”

“Ugh… anyone get the number on that Pelican?” One of the figures groaned as two more stood up next to it. All three were heavily armored, but each armor was different. Two were more sleek looking while the third was a bit more bulky, but all three towered over the Changelings, the third even towering over the other two. “Where the hell are… WHAT IN DORN’S NAME?!” The third figure exclaimed as he spotted the Changelings. “Who the hell are these guys?!

“JUST HOW MANY OF YOU DAMN THINGS ARE THERE!?” The first Changeling exclaimed, as the others behind him were just as surprised as he was. But before they could do anything, the Changelings were gunned down, with the first getting both of his legs shot at, crippling him in the process. “AGH! MY LEGS!”

Just then, they heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. It was a Night Sentinel, but this one was carrying a hammer in both hands. Placing a boot on the downed Changelings back, he lifted his hammer over his head, and crushed it into oblivion. Looking back at the new comers, they looked towards him, then at the two Equestrians behind them.

“Wait, is that a pony with a human body?” The first figure asked in confusion. “What kind of Equestria is this?!”

“Ahem!” The Night Sentinel coughed, getting their attention back to him. “If you’re quite finished, may we take this outside?”

The three nodded before they walked up the stairs. “What exactly is going on here?”

“War.” The Night Sentinel answered them. “If you couldn’t tell from the gunfire and battle cries ringing outside.”

“Great…. We go from one war to another …..” The second figure muttered, her voice annoyed.

“That’s odd. I thought you lot were warriors, not whiners.” The Night Sentinel said.

“We have our own problems back in our own Equestria.” She snapped.

But this only made him realise for what they truly were. “Ah, so you lot are Displaced yourselves. I’m sure our Lords will want to hear of this.” When he said that, they were thoroughly surprised by this. He knew exactly who and what they are.

Just then, a single portal opened and a fourth armored figure slammed into the ground. As he stood up, he took one look at the Night Sentinel and stepped back in shock. “How… How the heck did a Templar get into Equestria?!”

“Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m no Templar. Also…” As he said that, he grabbed the newcomer and jerked him out of the way, as a half torn, dead Changeling body came flying through a window. “Mind the body parts. The young ones tend to get rowdy in a fight. I’m a Night Sentinel, by the way, now follow me, and killed anything that’s a pest.”

“I can see that…” the figure said. Spotting a Changeling charging towards a pony, a odd looking weapon suddenly appeared in its hand, and with an ear-splitting BANG!, the Changeling was quickly dispatched. “Stupid bugs…” the figure muttered.

“Quite right and nice aim. Now come…” The Night Sentinel said, as he steps out the front door and starts running through the Chaos, like it was a normal thing to do. Looking at each other, they didn’t know what to do, until one of the other Night Sentinels started yelling at them.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!? EITHER YOU GET A MOVE ON, OR GO KILL YOURSELVES!” She shouted angrily, as she killed off five Changelings, at once, within a second. They didn’t know how she did that, but she was already gone before they could say something.

“How wude!” One of the figures said in a funny voice.

“Can it Vik, we need to get moving. Alex, Sasha, clear a path for us.” The fourth figure said.

“You got it, Seb.” Alex said as she unsheathed her snake blade and activated its whip form.

Sebastian quickly summoned a pair of bladed gauntlets and charged forward, bringing down three Changelings in a flurry of blows while Alex unleashed blasts of magic from her gauntlet while delivering devastating blows with her own weapon.Viktor and Sebaste followed the two, both opening fire on any changelings that tried to attack from the air.

The four soon found the Night Sentinel nearby. “Who exactly are these “Lords” you mentioned?” Sebaste asked.

“If it isn’t obvious to you, then I’ll explain it; they are like you. They, too, are Displaced.” The Night Sentinel answered, as he splattered one Changeling against a wall, killing it in an instant.

“Why doesn't that surprise me…” the super soldier muttered.

“Whoa. Who’s the mopey Spartan over here?” A new voice spoke up, from behind them. Surprised, they looked behind them and saw the figure, carrying a bloody Chainsaw on his shoulders.

“A Doom Marine?!” Viktor asked in shock. Sebaste was also surprised at this.

“Yes, that I am! I’m one of the five Doom Marines; Deaths Runner. You can call me Runner, for now.” Runner introduced himself to them.

“Eliteslayer, and these three are Sasha, Alex and Viktor.” Sebaste said. Sebastian nodded in greeting while Viktor gave him the peace sign. Alex gave a small wave.

“Nice to meet you.” She said.

“You too. Although…” Runner then looked towards the Astartes.

“Uh… What is it?” Sebastian asked, confused as to why Runner was staring at him.

“... Pussy Slayer.” All four of them did a double take-back from that.

“Excuse me?!” Sebastian growled, taking a step forward in anger before Sebaste stepped forward to stop him.

“Oh, come on. You should have seen that one coming, Lion Lover.” Runner said, not seemingly afraid of the Dark Angel’s growing wrath.

“He mostly just stuck to the books and DoW series.” Alex chuckled as she sheathed her blade. “Although he did see the Prologue to a recent fan animation called “The Lord Inquisitor” before we got Displaced. So he wouldn't really recognize that reference.”

“Hm…” Runner hummed. “I don’t suppose you all remember “If The Emperor Had A Text-To-Speech Device” parody on YouTube, would you?”

“Never watched it.” Sebastian said.

“Well then, here’s a references that one of your own brothers used when he saw Leman Russ in the Warp: “Lion for life, dogfucker.” So you can see why I said that.” Runner explained, which made them all stare at him dumbfounded. “What’s worse, was that little shit was in Deathwatch itself. So most of the Inquisition got thrown in through the Warp, when they invaded the Golden Throne. All in attempt to save the Emperor, when really, they just pissed him off…”

“Sir, if you’re quite finished with your bantering with them, we have a battle to win.” The Night Sentinel said, as he killed off another.

“Who exactly is in charge of the Changelings attacking? Chrysalis?” Sebaste asked as he delivered a headshot to a nearby changeling.

“Nope! We are allied with her because her fucked up bitch of a sister; Queen Cocoon, set the whole thing up with that Canterlot Wedding thing. By tricking her sister to invade and take Canterlot and Equestria, only to get stabbed in the fucking back by her, so she can take over the world.” Runner explained, with that last bit being sarcastic. “Seriously, cliché as fuck. I’m just wondering when we’re gonna kill her.”

“We have our own problems back in our Equestria. You’re not the only one fighting a war!” Viktor said as he gutted a changeling with a pair of energy swords.

“Bro, shut your fucking whining already, okay? You are what you paid for. That’s how the whole Displacement goes.” Runner stated, as he pulled out his Super Shotgun and started blasting away.

“I know that the hard way…” Sebaste muttered, as he unloaded a heavy machine gun onto a group that tried to flank them. “And this is the second time I’ve been Displaced…”

“Oh yeah? Try being entombed for over ten thousand years, then we’ll talk.”

“Geez, seems a lot of Displaced seem to get Stoned… and I've met a pair a long time ago.” The Spartan chuckled.

“News flash! If you’re talking about the Elements of Harmony, or whatever the fuck you call them…” Runner stated, as he broke a neck in the process. “One: the Elements NEVER existed way back then. And two: someone else placed me and the other three in Tombstones.”

“Let me guess… Celestia?”

“No you fucking dumbass! She may have done that to the Berserker, but she didn’t make them!”

“Then who did? Did you even see who put you in the Tombstone?” Alex asked as she fired three arcane missiles into a throng of changelings.

“You try seeing them when you get blindsided!” Runner growled at her. “Can we not talk about this!?”

“Alright, sheesh…” Viktor said. He then leapt up and slammed into the ground, sending a visible shock wave that sent the remaining changelings flying.

Just as they were done, Runner got a message. “Alright ass-fuckers, over to Twi’s castle, let’s go!”

A blue, red and white shield suddenly smacked into Runner, and Pinkie's voice sounded from behind them, “Language!”

“FUCK YOU! DON’T MAKE ME GET BERSERKER!” Runner shouted back.

This was so random that the four busted out laughing.

“Alright, you heard him. Let's roll out.” Sebaste said before a Warthog appeared next to him. Sebastian jumped onto a Space Marine Bike, while the two other Spartans took their spots in the Warthog.

“This ain’t a Michael Bay movie. Also…” As Runner got up, he pulled out a Kunai, and popped one of the tires. “Race ya!” And just like that, he was already gone in a flash.

“Oy!” Sebaste growled before the tire was repaired and with a screech of tires, the four roared forward, Sebastian easily catching up to Runner. “Low blow buddy!” He said, startling the Doom Marine.

“Oh, you want low blow now!” Runner then threw a red glowing sphere which hit the windshield of the bike, but when it went off, it sucked everything dry and shuts it all down. “There’s your fucking low blow, bitch!” He shouts, leaving them in the dust.

“Why you…” Sebastian then pressed a button on the handle grip, and the twin bolters opened up, causing Runner to dodge and giving Sebaste time to zoom past. He then concentrated and with a roar, the engine powered back on and he zipped forward.

If only he didn’t driven too close to Runner, who then grabbed a hold of the driver's wheel, and ripped it out. “Oops! My bad!” And with a tiny push, the Warthog turned off the other way.

“Shit!” Sebaste swore before the three jumped out. “Two can play at that game…” he chuckled before the three were soon mounted in a Falcon and flying towards the castle.

“Do you get the feeling that I’m just dicking with you lot…” They all froze at the sound of Runners. Turning to face him, he was sitting with Sebastian, who was glaring at him in annoyance. They didn’t know what to make of this! “If so… I’m not apologising.”

“How the bloody hell did you even got on here?! And last time I saw Sasha, he was on his bike!” Viktor said

“I circled back around at the last second, and he nearly crashed and died. Because he somehow lost control.” Runner said, upon which they all looked at Sebastian.

“You sabotaged my bike, ya bloody wanker!” He snapped. “You’re lucky my armor protected me from the impact!”

“OK, one: how could I have possibly sabotaged your bike? It was on the fucking move, and I wouldn’t even know how you managed to fling yourself from point A, to point B.” Runner said to him.

“Let’s not worry about this right now, we’re arriving at the castle.” Sebaste said as he brought the Falcon in to land in front of the building.

“Well, let’s see if Hunter left us a few.” Runner spoke as he exited the Falcon, whipping out a Plasma Rifle, with the Stun Bomb mod on.

The other four pulled out their original weapons, two Assault rifles, a sniper rifle, a “Tigris” pattern Bolter and a snake sword. “Geez, I feel an Avengers vibe right now.” Viktor joked.

“Eh, whatever.” Runner shrugged, as he walked up to the doors and kicked them open. Showing a lot of dead Changelings lying about inside. “Aw! Greedy fucker took them all!” He whined. This just confuses the rest and creeped them out.

Moving in, the team scanned the place, finding a lot of Changelings in pieces of themselves, even seeing a couple of new variants. Reaching a familiar room, Runner opens it up, to see, not only Hunter, but some of his faction along with him, tending to the wounded Lunar Guard. Although what really surprised the four, was the fact that a couple of them had guns on them.

Looking up, the Captain of the Lunar Guard spoke up. “Sir? Who are these four?” She asked.

“Newbs. That’s all you need to know about them.” Runner answered her.

“Buddy, I’ve fought in two wars, so I'm no newb.” Sebaste said. “As for the guns, that's not exactly surprising to me. Both the Solar and Lunar Guard in our Equestria are equipped with firearms, albeit more advanced than these.”

“Right… Won any of those wars?” Runner asked.

“The first war, no. The second one is still ongoing as far as I know.” Sebaste replied, a warning tone in his voice that hinted he didn't want to pursue the matter further. “But they were against other Displaced. But the one that I lost… it was fought in my old Equestria.”

Runner didn't say anything as he walked over to the other Doom Marine, who had been rather silent throughout the whole thing. As he neared him, he saw the Mane Six and the CMC with him. “Hey guys, brought some company.” He said.

Looking at the new arrivals, they were quite frightened by them at first, but settled down. Seeing them in advanced armour, Twilight was the first to ask Runner. “So, who are they?”

“Displaced, just like me and the bros. Speaking of which, how’s our Berserker brother doing?” Runner answered her, while asking Hunter.

Sebaste then stepped forward. “The name’s Eliteslayer, and the three behind me are Alexandra, Viktor and Sebastian. Nice to see you Twi.” He said, nodding to the lavender Alicorn.

“Nice to meet you, too.” She replied nervously. “Although, I kinda wish it was under...better circumstances.”

“Believe me, I'm no stranger to being called into a battlefield by other Displaced.” The Spartan chuckled.

“... Yeah, I guess so…” She sounded depressed by that.

“Hey. Don't be like that, I may look like a soldier, but that doesn't mean I don't care about others. If anyone did anything to harm my Equestria or any other Equestrias, they would be in a massive amount of trouble with me.” He said gently.

“Sorry, it’s not what I meant. I know you’re not some killing machine, but it’s just that… This war really has taken a toll on us, especially me and my family.” She started explaining, as Cadence came over to her and hugged her. “We lost Shining Armour. He was killed before we could ever save him and Cadence both. The Crystal Empire was captured, before Cocoon made her move on Canterlot. But if it wasn’t for the Doom Marine, we would have already lost, and I’ve seen how powerful he can get when enraged. Even seeing my brother dead was enough to send him into a blood frenzy, and he killed my brother’s murderers with his bare hands.”

Sebaste looked at the two Alicorns with sympathy in his eyes as he took his helmet off, revealing a face in its mid 20s with two slash scars over one eye and a mop of reddish brown hair. “I'm truly sorry you lost Shining. I know what it's like to lose those I was supposed to protect.” He said, his tone bitter at the memories. “How long has this war been going on?”

“Only about a couple of months or so, give or take. Chrysalis came to us, warning us about her sister’s plot and such. We tried to ready ourselves, but it didn’t matter, Cocoon’s forces were already in motion before we knew it.” Cadence explained. “She already poisoned the Crystal Heart, turning our defences against us, trapping us within our own city. And it only took one Doom Marine to liberate both Canterlot and the Crystal Empire within one day. He even went so far as to build a Memorial Stone for our Fallen. I think he still blames himself for failing to save Shining…”

“They are literally meant to be one man armies capable of taking out Daemons.” Sebastian spoke up, “So him taking out all those Changelings with his hands would be child’s play to him.”

Sebaste gave the Astartes a warning look before he said, “I know the feeling myself. I failed to save the Celestia and Applejack in my old Equestria before I was re Displaced to the universe these three are in. And I still blame myself for not being fast enough to save them…”

Just then, Runner spoke up. “Good news people; the Changeling Fuckers are in full retreat. Or what’s left of them dumbasses!” He said with a laugh, one that sent chills down everyone’s spines, save for the Night Sentinels and Hunter.

Alex looked at Twilight with a bemused look that was hidden beneath her helmet. “He always like this?” She asked.

“We don’t know them that much. They rarely, ever, tell us about their past. That and Luna told us not to question them, since they’re very secretive.” Twilight answered her.

“So now what? Do we wait for the others to get here?” Viktor asked.

“Nope! We go to them, follow us!” Runner said, as he and Hunter started moving outside, with the rest trailing them. “Also, when we see Berserker, let us do the talking. You lot just stay where I tell you to, got it?”

“Yes sir….” Sebastian muttered sarcastically.

“Cut it the fuck out. No need for that bullshit, and I’m only doing this, so that you can stay alive, without having your fucking Geneseed ripped out of you.” Runner warned him.

“If he’s anything like Khârn, but without the being devoted to Khorne, then I’ll be glad to let you do the talking.” Sebaste said.

“He would rather rip off Khorne's head, then be devoted. But then again, where would any of us be without the Blood God?” Runner said, as they made their way to the open fields. Once there though, the place was filled with so many mangled bodies, it would make normal people queasy.

“Geez, and I thought Khornates were messy…” Viktor muttered.

“He isn’t known as The Bloody-handed Berserker for nothing. Now, stay here, and don’t make anymore wise-ass jokes. Hunter, stay here and watch the little kitties.” Runner said as he walked off through the field to find Berserker, while his brother’s faction killed off any survivors.

The four Displaced watched as Runner left before Kyra then appeared on Viktor's shoulder. “Well he certainly seems fun…” The AI said.

Viktor rolled his eyes. “Tell me about it.” He said, only to get an unexpected smack behind the head. “OW! What the--!?” Surprised, he turned to find that it was Hunter who did the deed.

“Yo, the heck was that for?” He asked indignantly, but Hunter didn’t answer him. “Are you gonna answer me, or not?” Again, no reply.

“Vik, leave it.” Sebaste ordered, the Orbital nodding while rubbing the back of his head.

“So… What exactly is the story behind the Doom Marines?” Sebastian asked Twilight, “Are they supposed to be guardians of Equestria?”

“I’m not so sure myself. I think they are, but at the same time, they just do what they need to do. When we awoke the first one, apparently Celestia sealed him up inside a Tombstone, which they all got sealed up. There’s actually five of them in total.” Twilight explained. “The Hunter of Silence we found in Manehattan…” She pointed towards the aforementioned Doom Marine. “... While Deaths Runner was found in the Badlands. Right now, there’s only two left to find.” She finished.

“So they're looking for the other two Marines…” Sebaste said, looking at Hunter with a thoughtful look. He then frowned. “There's one thing that confuses me, how did those humans wearing old Knights Templar armor get here? Them being here shouldn't even be possible, as they need something to send them to Equestria…” he asked.

Before anyone could answer, a Changeling corpse was flung at him, hitting him square in the chest. Staggering backwards, he was confused by this, until he saw who did it. Walking towards them, Runner, Berserker, and a Night Sentinel came to stop in front of them. Berserker still held his sword in hand, looking ready to cut down another person.

“Geez, ask an honest question and I get a bloody Changeling in the chest….” the Spartan muttered.

“Hey! What did I say about wise-ass jokes!?” Runner reminded them.

“I wasn't cracking a joke that time, idiot!” Sebaste snapped. “I was honestly curious about something and got interrupted by that changeling getting thrown at me!”

Hearing Berserker growl, they backed up from him. “Wow, okay! Maybe we were getting a little too personal with that question! Don’t you think ES!?” Viktor stated, nervously looking at the Doom Marine.

Sebaste sighed in exasperation. “It was about the Night Sentinels, I was just curious as to how they even got here. Then again, I’ve seen Equestrias that have Clone Troopers and Droids from Star Wars….”

The Night Sentinel standing beside Berserker placed a hand on his shoulder, and calmed him down. “Let me tell them. They are only curious…” They were surprised that this Night Sentinel was female, but even more so by her actions, that seem to have calmed him down.

Then they heard him speak. “I know that overgrown Cat Licker right there…” He said, as he pointed his sword towards the Dark Angel. “He’ll kill you for what you really are, if you tell them. I’m not risking that.”

“Buddy, I'm not an actual Astartes.” Sebastian said, “I just happened to be at the wrong Comic Con when I bought that Bolter from that blasted merchant.”

“Oh really? Well then, if you want to know, then fine. The Night Sentinels are Demons from Tartarus!” Berserker growled. Surprising the four with that answer.

Sebaste looked at the Night Sentinel with interest. “Interesting, I’ve fought against Chaos Daemons, but I can tell you're something different. I have heard of good demons, but never seen one myself.” He said.

This got a chuckle from her. “Good demons? Really? That’s a first for us.” She said amusingly. “Although, I wouldn’t say good, but nor are we bad. We are the Wardens of Tartarus itself. It’s our duty to punish those who have wrought sins, such as Tirek. Besides, someone has to do the deed. Wouldn’t you agree?”

“So you're the guards of Tartarus itself?” Sebastian asked, his eyes thoughtful.

“Indeed. But for me, I’m actually the Princess of Tartarus.” She answered them.

“Say wut?” Viktor asked in a dumbfounded tone, the other three also shocked by this.

“You heard right.” She said cheekily to them. Which actually got a dark chuckle from Berserker and the other Night Sentinels, that send an even chillier feeling down their spines.

So why exactly are you allied with the Doom Marines?” Kyra asked, her voice curious.

“If it wasn’t for them, the Armies of Hell would have killed us off, and taken Tartarus into their realm as their spoils of victory.” She answered the AI. “But we weren’t humans back then, at least not in appearance.”

“Then in this case, I’d like to introduce myself and my cohorts. The name’s Eliteslayer, and these three are Alexandra, her brother Viktor and Sebastian.” Sebaste said, the three Spartans snapping a military salute while Sebastian crashed his arm across his chest.

“Greetings, my name is Visilia. Nice to meet you.” She replied, giving a bow towards the four.

Sebaste nodded in return before looking at the Berserker. “So you're the Marine that single-handedly managed to take back two cities in just a day… I'm impressed, not even a Spartan could manage that.” He chuckled.

Berserker just shrugged at this. “They didn’t even see it coming, and they weren’t technologically advanced either. Although, I was so close to killing that bitch Cocoon, she got away from me. No thanks to that cheap shot her Changeling gave me at the last moment.” As he said that, he placed his sword on his back, mag-locking it into place. “Other than that, I finally get to punch Tia in the face.” At the mere mention of Celestia’s name, Visilia clutched up a fist, growling in the process.

“Bad blood?” Sebaste asked. “You’re not the first Displaced to be sealed in stone by Celestia, although in their case, the Elements of Harmony were used while you got sealed in what the Doom Marine was in from the rebooted game was in.”

“True. But at least there has been some good things made, without the need for war. So that’s something to look forward to, I guess.” He said. Then he asked them. “What’s your war anyway?”

“A pony called Flame Tail had declared war on the Princesses, he’s managed to persuade many of the other cities to join him and so far, he and his allies are winning.” Sebaste replied. “I had done a few infiltration missions to see what we were up against when these three managed to turn the tide by stopping an attack on Ponyville.” He said, gesturing at the other three behind him.

Nodding his head, he asked them another question. “So… How much ground has been lost? And which cities as well?”

“Right now, the main body is being held at Fillydelphia, but raiders from the main base in Stalliongrad have hit Manehatten, Cloudsdale and Ponyville.” Sebastian said, “The three of us, along with Eliteslayer are stationed at Ponyville, our job is to assist the Mane 6 until they're called into duty.”

Visilia looked at Berserker, and asked. “You want to bring retribution upon the Betrayers, don’t you?”

“We already have support in the form of HK droids and a ACU. And we plan on making an assault on the main base in two months time.” Sebaste said.

“That’s not what I meant.” She stated.

“Then what did you mean?” Alex asked hesitantly.

“Reclamation is what I mean.” Visilia answered. “Rather than hit them at their main base, he would retake lost ground, while killing the Betrayers and sending their souls into eternal damnation. With my father waiting on the other side to greet them.” She explained.

“I’ll need to talk to Luna and Celestia before I give my decision. But if they allow it, I will call upon the Doom Marines to take the cities back.” Sebaste said, frowning. “But understand that you will be given orders as to where you would be needed, other than that, you will be free to deliver retribution to Flame Tail's forces.”

Visilia chuckled at this and replied, “You can give them directions, but not orders. What you must understand is that they can’t control them, or us. We care not what they think. Although, they are welcome to try it.” That last part didn’t sit well for them, as they look upon the field, reminding them of what one Doom Marine can do.

“Very well.” Sebaste said. “If you ever need our help, we’ll assist you.”

“Thank you.” Said the new voice. Lifting up a hand, Berserker signalled them to turn around, and standing there was a cloaked figure.

Surprised by this, Sebastian shouted. “Holy Terra! Where in the Emperor’s name did you come from!?”

“Out of thin air.” She answered him. “But in all seriousness, I am the Doom Marine's Guardian. I take care of this universe.”

“So you’re technically a Displacer of sorts?” Sebaste asked.

As he asked, he suddenly felt his neck tightening, causing him to gasp for breath. “Do not make me out as those disgusting Void Dwellers. I was created by the Merchant himself, and even then, I am not counted as one, for I have forsaken that kind of power.” She told him coldly.

“I… meant… no disrespect …” The Spartan gasped. “...I wasn't… aware… of that…”

“Silence.” She commanded. “I do not associate myself to those low lives, and would rather kill them off.”

“Then… we have… something… in common…” Sebaste chuckled hoarsely. “I… have no love…for the Merchant either…”

“He’s not included.” When she said that, she let go of his throat, making him breathe normally again.

He coughed and said, “I'm not a fan of the Void Dwellers myself, hell, a friend of mine even fought one.”

“So I’ve heard. But do not mistake The Merchant as those things.” She stated. “He may displace many, but he does not start wars. Those happen by themselves most of the times, while others are created for those so-called God’s entertainment.”

“Got it…” He then looked at the three Doom Marines before his token appeared in his hands. Tossing it to the Berserker, he said, “If you ever need me, use this to call me.”

Nodding his head, he placed it away, and look towards the Guardian. “Can you get them back home?”

“Of course, I will need to see their princesses, and show them your Token.” The Guardian answered, as she opens up a portal to their Equestria.

“Wait.” Alex said before she, Viktor and Sebastian each summoned their tokens and impaled them into the ground. “These are our tokens, a Power Sword, Energy Sword and a replica of my Snake sword. Use these if you ever need our help.” Her right arm whirred as it moved back down to her side.

“Are we ready to proceed?” The Guardian asked them.

Sebaste nodded before the four entered the portal, followed by the Guardian.


Once back in their own Equestria, Twilight flew out and started to berate the four for disappearing so suddenly, when she noticed the figure behind them. She then asked them. “Uh… Who is that?”

“This is Guardian…” Sebaste answered her. “A being from a different Equestria.” As he said this, he saw Rainbow land next to Twilight.

“Any reason why there's a copy of me with cybernetic parts at the castle?” She asked, a confused look on her face. “And who's the cloaked pony behind you four?”

“I’m here to see if I could possibly get an audience with your Princesses. If they're not too busy.” The Guardian replied.

Twilight answered her. “I’m sorry, but I’m afraid they are currently busy. Perhaps I could hear you out in their stead.” She suggested to Guardian.

“I hope you don't mind, and apologies for having the four whisked away like that.” Guardian said.

“Wait a minute! Are you saying you had us transferred to your Equestria!?” Viktor exclaimed.

“Not exactly. I just dropped your token next to the young one, so he was the one that summoned you lot. Or would you rather they get captured instead?”

“What-- No!! I didn't meant it like that! I-I-It's just…” Viktor tried to find the right words, but Guardian held up her hand.

“Relax. I understand it was all so sudden and out of the blue. One thing everyone must understand is that a Displaced lifestyle isn't normal, by any means. It's far more dysfunctional than one would ever dare want.” She explained to them.

“Don’t I know it…” Sebaste muttered.

“Oh… I see.” Twilight said, a frown full of sadness. “But, they can still try to live a normal life though, right?”

“They can, but only for so long until someone calls for aid.” Guardian said with a sigh. “And I’m afraid my Doom Marines already know of this kind of predicament.”

“By the way, what was with Tall, Dark and Silent back in your Equestria? Was he a mute when he arrived there or something?” Sebastian asked.

“Oh right, Hunter. Well, believe it or not, he was always a mute. He was born that way. But that never stopped him, and he got by just fine.” When she explained about The Hunter of Silence, everyone was stunned by this information.

“Huh… I’ve heard of people like that.” Sebaste said, before he then turned to Rainbow. “That cybernetic version of you at the castle… is the Rainbow from my old universe before I got redisplaced. She was kidnapped by one of Ahriman’s lieutenants during his invasion… And was turned into a combat drone.” He replied, his tone turning steely at the memories.

Guardian placed a hand on his shoulder. “I’m sorry about that, but from what I've heard, you are allied with that very same person, are you not? How do you feel about it?”

“It’s in the past… But the memories of what happened, I still remember. It may be over, but I can still hear Applejack’s cry of pain before the life was crushed out of her… Seeing Celestia’s terrified eyes as she was torn in half…” The Spartan sank to one knee.

“Oh throne damn it…. He’s got PTSD…” Sebastian said. “Guess whatever happened really shook him up…”

“Yes, it would.” Guardian stated as she held him in her arms. “War is no different, no matter where you end up…”

“I concur…” A new voice called out.

A massive armoured figure appeared in a flash of light and looked at Guardian. “The Equestrian Black Crusade was… a mistake on my part….”

“Why?” Guardian asked, until she shook her head. “Actually, no. Don't answer that, I think it would be best if we didn't know. It's not worth knowing.” As she said that, she helped Sebaste back up on his feet.

“Yes, of course. I understand…” The being said, voicing out his guiltiness and regretful decision of the past.

“So, why are you here? Have I overstepped something?” Guardian asked him.

“No, of course not. You have not done anything wrong.” He said as he walked over to them. “I was just curious as to why you wish to speak to both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna?”

“Well, seeing as how things here aren't looking so good, I was hoping they would allow some more assistance.” Guardian stated to him.

“I’m sensing there is more to this than just that. What else are you hoping for?” He inquired.

“Well…” Before she could answer him, they both felt a sudden change, a shift within direction. “Oh no…”

“Oh no, indeed.”

“W-What is it? What's wrong!?” Twilight spoke up.

“I don’t know… but it can’t be good…” Alex said.

“No, it isn't good.” Guardian said as she and the being both pointed towards the doorway, where it was slammed opened by Applejack.

“Applejack? What happened?” Sebastian asked as Sebaste looked over at her.

“Guys, we just-- Who the hay are these two!?” She shouted in surprised shock.

“The displacer of these four and a being from another Equestria, named Guardian.” The being said.

“Applejack, what’s wrong? Did something happen?” Twilight asked, getting her friend to come back down to earth.

Shaking her head, she looked at Twilight and answered her. “It's Fillydelphia… We just lost it, Twilight.” She answered her.

“What?! That's impossible, I had Celestia and Luna send the best troops to protect it! They even had at least one armored corp to assist!” Sebaste exclaimed.

“It was Flame Tail! He lead the assault, and he somehow managed to get inside of town to do so! And only one survivor made it back from that…” Applejack explained.

Sebaste looked at Guardian. “I’ll have your answer in at least a week's time. But understand that they won't be the only Displaced that will be called on.” He said.

She nodded. “I know, but it’ll take a while for them to work with others. They're not exactly used to working with others they don't know or trust. So I’ll see if I can get Berserker to behave himself, he’s especially worse with social interactions.”

He nodded in understanding. “Very well. I’m guessing I’ll need their token to notify you of when the princesses give their answer?” He asked

“Of course, here…” She reached within her robe and pulled out their token. “Just, keep in mind that this is a lot more different than your typical one.”

“I’m guessing it’s an actual Runestone from the Doom game?”

“Well, that and its message is a… Special one. I’ll help you through it, it holds pieces of their memories, so you won't have much of a psychic backlash from it. Trust me, it’ll hurt a lot.” She warned him.

Sebaste nodded before he took it. Once he did, the Obsidian Runestone showed him flashbacks on what they had to fight over ten millennia ago. The many Demons, all coming in many different shapes and sizes, have begun their conquest through Equestria. “They are Rage…” A voice stated, as he was shown the many horrors the Demons have committed upon the weak and defenceless. “... Brutal and without Mercy…” It showed him how some of the unfortunate souls had to suffer throughout this terrible nightmare, one with no end. As many fell victim to their hellish rituals and sacrifices, all so they bring in more and more Demons quickly. “... But you, you will be worst…” Then it showed him all five of the Doom Marines, battling it out against the Demonic Horde, carrying out the most bloodiest and cruelest barbaric acts towards the Demons, with no remorse or pity. There are even some events where they tricked the Demons into traps, that not even they would have thought possible to fall prey to. “... Rip and Tear, until it is done.” Finally, it showed him their power-ups in action. Once they're in that state, nothing could ever hoped to stop them. No matter how hard the Demons tried to fight and kill the Doom Marines, it all ended in failure and death.

Once it was done, Sebaste held his head, as he groaned in pain. “Faust above…. I was expecting the regular voice routine… Not the Doom intro…”

“Sorry about that, but actions speak louder than words.” Guardian said, as she helped him with his headache. “And like I said; not your typical one.”

“Duly noted. I’ve seen gameplay of Doom, and the Doom Marine is not one to be underestimated.” Sebaste said.

“True, but to be completely honest with you, I think you're the only one they'll ever trust at this point. Reasons why? You have more experience than these three.” She stated.

“Hey, what does that suppose to mean!?” Viktor snapped.

“They might not have had much experience, but they’re a team I can count on to watch my back.” Sebaste said.

“I know, but it’ll take time for them to warm up to you. Fighting Demons for so long have made them weary of others. They even have to deal with cultists that worshipped the Demons.” She stated.

“I’m sorry they had to go through that. Fighting a war can be… hard on you.” He said. He then sighed. “I need to let Celestia and Luna know of this. And when they give their answer, I’ll alert you and the Doom Marines. And tell the Berserker… He’s not the only one that blames himself for not being able to save those he was supposed to protect.”

“Of course. Although, should they decline, what then? Will you accept that, or not?” Guardian asked him, as if testing him.

“I’m… Not sure. I mean, they're not that stupid enough to refuse help. And I’ll be damned if I couldn't convince them otherwise.”

“Well, you could always do what Berserker does.” Guardian suggested.

“And risked being turned to stone, sent to the moon, or shot at!? Hell no!” Sebaste shouted, laughing along with Guardian.

“But if they do refuse.. We have other allies to help us.” He said.

“Indeed you do… Flame Tail will regret defying the Princesses, I can assure you.” The Astartes growled, his helmet lenses flashing. He then turned toward Guardian. “Be careful of who you have the Doom Marines encounter… There are those who would use them to further their plans.”

“Trust me, I know who to bring in. I can actually control the flow of Summoning Tokens easily. That way, they won't have to worry about it. They're in safe hands.” Guardian assured them.

The Astartes nodded before he started to fade. “I must take my leave now, two other Displaced require my attention… You could say that these two are about to enter a Brave Frontier…” He gave a small chuckle before he then vanished entirely.

“Well then, I guess I should… Hmm.” Guardian started, but stopped and looked down at her right hand. “Strange…”

“Guardian, what's wrong?” Sebaste asked her.

“I’m not sure, but it felt like… I can't be certain, but I do know it’ll involve the Doom Marines, and possibly you as well.” She clarified.

Sebaste frowned under his helmet. “Weird… But I think it’s time you’d better head back to your Equestria. I need to go notify the princesses of what's happened.” He said.

She nodded and opened up a portal back to her own Equestria. “Alright then… Oh, and by the way Sebaste.”

The Spartan turned and asked, “Yes?”

“Believe it or not, they don't mind fighting wars. Especially The Hell Wars.” When she said that, it left everyone dumbfounded by this.

“I’m sorry, but what?” Viktor asked.

“It's true. They just fought right then and there.” She answered him.

“Were they not… Freaked out?” Sebastian asked next.

“A little bit, but they got over it. They couldn't do much but fight through Hell and back again. Just a heads-up I thought I let you lot know. Farewell for now.” With that said, she entered through the portal as it closed behind her.

Sebaste then looked at Alex. “Alert the others… things just got complicated.”