• Published 7th Aug 2016
  • 3,688 Views, 193 Comments

For the Emperor and the UNSC! (Rebooted version) - Titan Commander Sebaste



I thought this was gonna be a normal day... at least until Sasha, Alexandra and I bought those weapons from that Merchant.... Now we're in a new world filled with Ponies, but this isn't like what you see on TV. This... is a war-torn world...

  • ...
25
 193
 3,688

Displaced Arc, Chapter 4: An Old Friend

A few days after the four Displaced, Twilight and Rainbow had returned from helping rescue the Rarity in Josh’s Equestria, Eliteslayer was chatting with Twilight while Nyx sat next to them when Alex ran in and skidded to a halt. “Whoa, what's the rush?” The Recon asked in surprise, standing up.

“We found something. It dropped from a support beam on that barn we're demolishing and we don't know what it is.” She said, panting.

Eliteslayer frowned under his helmet before he turned to Twilight. “I'll be right back. This may be something we can use.” He said before he turned to Alex. “Can you teleport us over?”

She nodded before the two flashed over to where Viktor and Sebastian were. Viktor was holding what looked like an amulet that looked familiar to Eliteslayer but he couldn't place it. “That's what you guys found?” He asked. Sebastian nodded before replying, “Never seen an amulet like this, it’s got both Celestia's and Luna's cutie marks on both sides but it looks like that sword from a Zelda game.”

Eliteslayer then grabbed the amulet, but as he did so, a voice then spoke out.

Hi my name is Craig. If ever you are in danger, are scared, frightened or even just need an ally to stand by your side in your darkest hour. Call on me and I will come and do everything in my power to aid you.

The Spartan then dropped the amulet as if it had shocked him, the other three looking on in surprise. It then glowed before a portal suddenly opened up and a figure fell out.

As the figure stood up, they saw that he was wearing what looked to be a black trench coat on top of a black shirt and with what looked to be a guitar resting against his back, he then looked towards everyone before he said “So… i’m Displaced again… just great, their ain’t no rest for the wicked.”

“I... Impossible…..” Eliteslayer said, looking at the figure in shock.

“Why am I impossible?” The figure asked in confusion.

“Because the last time I saw you… we were in the War of Shadows…” The Spartan said.

“Huh… sorry who are you… I don’t recognise you, are you sure we’ve met?”

“Maybe this will jog your memory…” he said before two Holograms then appeared on either side of him.

“Nope… still not sure who you are,” The figure admitted sadly.

“Wait, if you don't remember… then… Son of a taint…”

“Maybe… Wait if you remember me… what is your name?”

“You should already know my name. But maybe this will help…” Eliteslayer said before his armor then shimmered and changed into a set of Orbital armor, that looked exactly like Viktor's but with a small change, the number 917 on his left chest plate.

“I… I don’t rem…” The figure then collapsed to the floor holding his head in pain before he shouted “You are not getting out Discord! You will not use me as a weapon to kill people! You will not control me!”

Alex stepped forward, her sword drawn and gauntlet charged with arcane power. The other two were also readying their weapons but Eliteslayer got in between the three and the figure. “Lay down your weapons! That's an order!” He snapped before turning. “Craig, you can fight it, you have before.”

“I… I…” Craig said as his eyes began pulsating between the colors orange, red and green randomly. “I can’t do this… we can’t hold him back.”

“Think of Scootaloo and Twilight. Let their memory give you strength.”

“I… I… Wait…” A look of realisation appeared on his face “S… Sebaste?!” the red in his eyes fading slowly.

“Heh… long time no see mate.” The Spartan chuckled before his armor shifted back to Recon.

Craig then slowly tried to stand before he said “Why do I know that name… I… I don’t remember meeting you before today… but that name seems so familiar.”

“Because we did meet, a long time ago. You may not recognize me, but I remember you, even after I was dropped here by some Displacer that looked like an Astartes… losing a few memories in the process…” The three looked at the Spartan in shock and confusion

“If only I could remember you…” Craig muttered angrily.

“I had a friend, an Astartes named Sebastian… both of us fought in the War of Shadows.”

A sudden smirk appeared on Craigs face before he said “Frickin writer, rewrote my existence… I can’t believe I forgot both of you… I feel like a idiot right now.”

Eliteslayer chuckled. “Right now, I'm helping these three learn the ropes of being Displaced.” He said, nodding towards the other three. “Alex, Sasha, Viktor, meet Craig, the first Displaced I met in my old Equestria.”

Craig then smiled before he said “It’s a pleasure to meet you three…. I’m sorry for the scare before.”

“It's nice to meet you.” Alex said, sheathing her sword. The aura around her gauntlet faded soon after that. She then suddenly swung her right arm and sent Eliteslayer flying into a tree, the servos in her arm whirring.

“Well… I guess you have something with good ol Sebaste.” Craig admitted as a orange AI that looked like a spartan appeared sat on his shoulder.

“Not really, but he does have a few things that need answering.” She replied.

Viktor looked at the AI in interest. “Hey Kyra, c’mon out.” He said before the female AI appeared on his shoulder. “So… how long did you know Eliteslayer?”

“Well… in this reality… not at all, from the last one… a fair bit… the good and the bad times… for both of us.”

Eliteslayer groaned before he got up and brushed himself off. “Geez, the heck is that arm made out of, Titanium?!” He asked Alex.

“Maybe adamantium… who knows with Displacers,” Craig chuckled.

“Titanium mixed with Steel.” Alex said, crossing her arms.

“Well it definitely hurt… and that thing could easily bust through a wall!” The Spartan chuckled painfully. “How’d you even get that arm?”

“She lost her real arm in a car accident. The arm she has now is a custom made prosthetic.” Viktor replied.

“I'm sorry to hear that…” Eliteslayer said. He then turned to Craig. “Out of curiosity, how is Scootaloo faring?” He asked.

“At the moment, she’s doing okay, she’s getting a hold of her new skills, she’s becoming a pretty powerful gal even if she’s not a Displaced.”

“She's out of her coma already? Huh….”

“Wait… what Coma… since when… explain now!” Craig said hectically fear clear on his face.

“The last time we saw each other, you had mentioned that she had been in a coma after she encountered Chrysalis.”

“...” Craig just stopped silent “no… no… god no, that can’t happen.”

“I would remember more, but the rest of my memory is a blank after getting re Displaced.” The Spartan said. “I remember your mom and brother… Asuna and Kirito…”

“That I already know… along with that adopting Church.”

“You mean that Spartan from Red vs Blue?” Viktor asked, “There's a Displaced that's him?”

“Well… yeah… he’s my adopted brother… along with his daughter,” Craig smiled.

Eliteslayer busted out laughing. “I remember her! She gave him quite the scolding after he took out an entire Covenant fleet!”

“He’s done a lot of things that are questionable… but most of us experienced Displaced ain’t a lot better.”

“Heh, ain’t that the truth.” Eliteslayer said. A flap of wings caused him to look up as Twilight, Nyx and Rainbow flew in and landed. Rainbow was in her armor while Twilight was unarmored, all three looked at Craig in surprise.

“I’m about to have a bad time ain’t I?” Craig muttered as he lay on the floor with his hands behind his head as his guitar resting on his chest.

“Who are you?” Nyx asked, her voice curious.

“An old friend of mine from a long time ago.” Eliteslayer said. Rainbow raised an eyebrow.

“You know him?” She asked, sounding suspicious.

“Yes, I met him back in my old Equestria.” He replied.

“In that case, welcome to Equestria.” Twilight said, nodding her head in greeting to Craig.

“Thanks for the welcome Twilight, it’s weird… old memories being forgotten whole fates being rewritten, just because someone wants to start again.” Craig admitted.

“Agreed…” Eliteslayer muttered. Twilight shifted her wings, the prosthetics whirring as they moved.

Rainbow then spoke up, “So how exactly did you two meet?”

“Which time, before or now?” Craig asked.

“Before he came here.” she replied.

“Oh the first time we met he was attacked and I helped save him… that's all.” Craig admitted with a smile.

“And he was literally the first Displaced that shocked me.” Eliteslayer chuckled. “He did a Skyrim shout that called down lightning bolts on a hoard of orks.”

“I did that… seems unlike me to do something like that.” Craig admitted

“...” Eliteslayer looked at Craig in dumbfounded silence.

“What?” Craig asked as he pushed off the ground using his hand and floated in the air.

“Never mind…”

Kyra suddenly spoke up. “Enemy signatures approaching! They're Flame Tail's men!” She warned.

“Nuts… Twi, get Nyx out of here! I don't want to risk you two getting hurt!” Viktor yelled. She nodded before the two flew off.

“Huh… Flame Tail, who’s that, someone who won’t learn how to die?” Craig asked.

“He’s a psycho that's hell-bent on taking over Equestria. He’s declared war on the Princesses and he won't stop until he takes Canterlot.”

“So… a guy with a superiority complex then?” Craig said as he placed his hand near the back of his guitar.

“More like a dictator. And how the hay are you gonna fight off the soldiers? You don't even have a weapon!” Rainbow asked as she brought out her Auto-musket.

Oh if you only knew… Eliteslayer thought with a chuckle.

“Trust me i’ll be fine,” Craig said as he placed his hand on the back of his guitar as it turned into a sword while a black chestplate appeared under his trenchcoat along with a black shield on his arm along with a pistol at his side and a sniper rifle on his back.

Two walkers suddenly appeared, a single gun mounted underneath the chassis. Five unicorns followed after.

“Do you lot need any help?” Craig asked as he sighed.

“It's the creatures! BRING THEM DOWN!” A unicorn yelled before a hail of energy bolts streaked towards them.

A bubble shield suddenly appeared before the shots could connect, the blasts glancing off it. “Our turn…” Eliteslayer chuckled before the four super soldiers opened fire with their own weapons.

“Do you think you’ll need my assistance buddy or shall I sit this one out

“Take the walkers out, our bullets can't really bust their armor.” Eliteslayer said.

“I can do it faster than Rainbow can clear the skies,” Craig smirked.

“How is a sword, shield and two guns gonna take out a walker?!” Alex asked as she dodged an energy blast.

“Sebaste, you know the drill, as soon as I move stop firing,” Craig said calmly as his hair went gold and stood on end.

“You know it.” Eliteslayer smirked. He then delivered a single headshot to one of the unicorns.

“Okay then give me a count when I move… I want to prove a point.” Craig admitted as he brought his right hand in front of him as his hand glowed white and he stepped forwards calmly.

“Cease fire in 3… 2…. 1…. CEASE FIRE!” Eliteslayer yelled before Rainbow and the others stopped firing.

Craig then exited the bubble before a long beam of light flashed forwards going straight through one of the walkers as it exploded before he moved his arm across killing the other soldiers before it hit the second Walker causing it to explode as well. He then stopped the blast as it just disappeared as Craig turned back around and placed his hand behind his head as he said “Done.”

Rainbow looked at him in utter shock. “What in Celestia's name… was that?!”

“What, never heard the saying, never judge a book by it’s cover, it was an energy attack called Spirit Sword.” Craig admitted with a smirk.

“Craig is one of the most powerful Displaced out there. But there is another Displaced that's a literal demigod called Jason.” Eliteslayer said, gaining a surprised look from Rainbow and the other three.

“What, like Percy Jackson kind of Demigod?” Sebastian asked with a snort.

“Well… replaced with Norse Gods and being related to almost all of them along with knowing some of them then yes.” Craig admitted

“Plus, he’s a Jotun, a Frost Giant. He’s not to be trifled with as he’s able to freeze you in your tracks.” Eliteslayer continued. “I may not have all of my memories, but some events I can remember, meeting Jason is one of them. And he was definitely someone I wouldn't fight.”

“Geez… I bet…” Viktor said. He then looked at Craig. “Eliteslayer mentioned Asuna and Kirito, I'm guessing they got Displaced as SAO characters?”

“Well… yes they are… but they were somehow drop earlier in my time stream and were stoned before I arrived in Equestria.” Craig admitted.

Alex then took her helmet and looked at Eliteslayer. “You do realize you have a lot of things to explain after this?” She said.

“Trust me there is a lot you will each learn in your own time, be it your own limits or the other Displaced around the Multiverse.” Craig said

“We’ve already encountered three different Displaced. But I have a feeling we may encounter more…” Sebastian said. “But that's in the future.”

“The future is yours to take… just don’t make the mistakes we made… in fact you have Sebaste to guide you around that.”

Eliteslayer winced under his helmet before he said, “I’ll make sure the mistakes I made never happen here.” He then looked at Craig. “It was good seeing you again after all this time. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to see anyone from my past life after I had been re Displaced…”

“I wasn’t even expecting to know you so that outweighed my expectations… actually... ” Craig then stopped in thought.

“Everything okay?” Eliteslayer asked.

“Umm… Sebaste… I don’t know if you’ll call me crazy for this… but… dammit why is this so hard to say.”

Eliteslayer arched an eyebrow at this. “Why would I call you crazy?”

Craig then took a deep breath before he said “Sebaste… how would you like to join my family?”

Eliteslayer jerked back in shock. This was one thing he was not expecting. He looked at Craig in disbelief.

“If you don’t it’s no problem… I just… needed to say it,” Craig said looking down feeling rejected.

Eliteslayer then chuckled and put a hand on Craig's shoulder. “Craig, I would be honored. It was just a shock being asked.”

Craig then looked up in surprise before he said “I honestly thought you’d call me crazy… with my memories how they are.”

Eliteslayer smirked as he said, “Dude, crazy comes with being Displaced. That's what makes all of us unique one way or another.”

“I guess you're right,” Craig admitted before looking to the others as he said “Guys… this can go for you all as well.”

The three looked at each other as they thought about it. Viktor then nodded. “We may not be able to get back to our families back on Earth… but we’ll accept your offer.” He said.

“...Umm… actually, I wouldn’t say it’s an impossibility, to get back where we came from I mean,” Craig admitted.

“As much as we want to go back… we can't. The ponies need our help here.” Alex said. “They’ve already lost too much ground to the enemy.”

“You know… you sound a lot like me right now… I wouldn’t give this life up for anything.” Craig admitted happily as he reverted back to his civilian form.

Eliteslayer chuckled. “Neither would I…” he said as Sebastian guffawed at a joke Rainbow had told.

Craig then smiled as he strummed his guitar “I have a life, family and friends I wouldn’t abandon easily… why would I ever give that up?”

“Because you're able to make your own future. Same with us.” Eliteslayer said as a song began to play in his helmet. “In a sense, we’re all cosmic castaways… but we each shape our future.”

“As always you know just what to say to pull me back.”

Eliteslayer chuckled. “That I do… brother.”

“... I swear to you I will find Sebastian and get him back to you,” Craig proclaimed.

“In a way, I’ve already found him.” Eliteslayer said, nodding towards the Astartes. “He may not exactly be him, but he reminds of my friend.”

“Well he is family now as well,” Craig pointed out.

“Agreed.” He then chuckled. “It's funny, besides three new brothers, you get a sister also.”

“True and you get Church, Amor, Kirito, Asuna, Me, Scootaloo, Nick and Hichigo,” Craig admitted.

Eliteslayer then snorted. “Oh god, I have a feeling Church is gonna be surprised… and Amor is either gonna be excited or she’s gonna flip out.” He chuckled.

“She will be excited no doubt,” Craig chuckled. “Why do I always feel like performing?” he added as he strummed his guitar again.

“Kinda like me cracking jokes.” The Spartan chuckled. “Guess it's in our blood that we feel like doing something.”

“...Do you guys mind if I get it out my system?” Craig asked nervously.

“Go for it.” Alex said, a smile on her lips.

“Thanks,” Craig said with a smile as multiple instruments appeared behind him along with multiple clones of himself.

“This should be interesting…” Viktor chuckled.

Rainbow looked at the clones in shock before she suddenly curled up in a ball and started rocking back and forth. “It's like the Mirror pool all over again…” she muttered.

Craig just smirked before he said “Rainbow’s taking this badly.”

“I heard the story, didn't think it's leave a mark that badly…” Sebastian chuckled.

“Eh, could have been worse,” Craig admitted before he began to perform Battle Scars by Paradise Fears.

Oh-ohhhh-oh-ohhhh, Oh-ohhhh-oh-ohhhh, Oh-ohhhh-oh-ohhhh-ohhhhh, Oh-ohhhh-oh-ohhhh, Oh-ohhhh-oh-ohhhh, Oh-ohhhh-oh-ohhhh-ohhhhh

This is an anthem for the homesick, for the beaten, The lost, the broke, the defeated. A song for the heartsick, for the standbys, Living life in the shadow of a goodbye.

Do you remember when we learned how to fly? We'd play make-believe; we were young and had time on our side. You're stuck on the ground, Got lost, can't be found. Just remember that you're still alive.

I'll carry you home. No, you're not alone. Keep marching on, This is worth fighting for, You know we've all got battle scars. You've had enough, But just don't give up. Stick to your guns, You are worth fighting for. You know we've all got battle scars. Keep marching on.

This is a call to the soldiers, the fighters, The young, the innocent, and righteous. We've got a little room to grow. Better days are near, Hope is so much stronger than fear.

So if you jump, kid, don't be scared to fall. We'll be kings and queens in this dream, all for one, one for all. You can light up the dark, There's a fire in your heart, Burning brighter than ever before.

I'll carry you home. No, you're not alone. Keep marching on, This is worth fighting for, You know we've all got battle scars. You've had enough, But just don't give up. Stick to your guns, You are worth fighting for. You know we've all got battle scars. Keep marching on.

On and on, like we're living on a broken record. Hope is strong, but misery's a little quicker. Sit, and we wait, and we drown there, Thinking, "Why bother playing when it's unfair?" They say life's a waste, I say they lack belief. They tell me luck will travel, I tell 'em that's why I've got feet. Left, right, left, right, Moving along to the pulse of a heartbeat. This could be the last chance you have to fly. Do you like the ground? Want it to pass you by? Man, you had it all when you were just a kid. Do you even remember who you were back then? What do you want in life? Will you be twice as strong? What would you sacrifice? What are you waiting on? Don't stop, march on.

I'll carry you home. No, you're not alone. Keep marching on, This is worth fighting for, You know we've all got battle scars. You've had enough, But just don't give up. Stick to your guns, You are worth fighting for. You know we've all got battle scars. Keep marching on.

Oh-ohhhh-oh-ohhhh, Oh-ohhhh-oh-ohhhh, Oh-ohhhh-oh-ohhhh-ohhhhh, Oh-ohhhh-oh-ohhhh, Oh-ohhhh-oh-ohhhh, Oh-ohhhh-oh-ohhhh-ohhhhh.

Keep marching on.

The four super soldiers clapped as the song ended. “Dang, amazing job with the song!” Viktor said. He then looked at Alex and Sebastian, “Let's add a song of our own. Kyra, Activate external speakers and play music file 2351, keyword Black Veil.”

You’ve got it!” The AI said before a song began blaring from Viktor's helmet, both Sebastian and Viktor singing the main lyrics while Alex provided backup.


Huh, In the end as you fade into the night…(Whoa…)

Who will tell the story of your life?

In the end, as my soul's laid to rest, what is left of my body?

Or am I just a shell?....

And I have fought, and with flesh and blood I commanded an army!

Through it all, I have given my heart for a moment of glory! (I gave it all…)

In the end as you fade into the night…(Whoa!)

Who will tell the story of your life? (Whoa!)

And who will remember your last goodbye? (Whoa!)

'Cause it’s the end and I'm not afraid, not afraid to die!

I'm not afraid, not afraid to die!

Born a saint, but with every sin I still want to be holy….

I will live again…

Who we are, isn't how we live, we are more than our bodies!

If I fall, I will rise back up and relive my glory!


In the end as you fade into the night (Whoa!)

Who will tell the story of your life? (Whoa!)

And who will remember your last goodbye? (Whoa!)

'Cause it’s the end and I'm not afraid, not afraid to die!


In the end as you fade into the night (Whoa!)

Who will tell the story of your life? (Whoa!)

And who will remember your last goodbye? (Whoa!)

'Cause it’s the end and I'm not afraid, not afraid to die!


Who will remember this last goodbye? (Whoa!)

'Cause it’s the end and I'm not afraid, not afraid to die!

I'm not afraid, not afraid to die!

Not afraid, I'm not afraid to die!



The song then ended, and the three stepped back. Craig then smiled before he said “Wow… you guys are amazing… and I don’t say that often to singers… I normally take the joke and rip of Rainbow Dash.”

“Hey!” Rainbow said, causing the others to laugh.

“Anyway, I think the three of you need this,” Craig said as he tossed three copies of his token to Alex, Viktor and Sebastian before he asked “actually what are your guys tokens?”

Sebastian summoned a power sword, while Viktor brought out an energy sword and Alex made a copy of her snake sword. “These are our tokens, three blades.” Viktor said as they impaled the blades into the ground.

“Seems to fit you all perfectly,” Craig then looked to Sebaste and said “Also… I don’t have your anymore… after all my memories are what I got back from breaking the fourth wall.”

Eliteslayer then summoned a single assault rifle, but this one had an energy bayonet attached. He then handed it to Craig.

“I don’t suppose it’ll have the function it did last time,” Craig asked with a chuckle at the memory’s returning to him from his previous life.

The Spartan then summoned an exact copy of the weapon he had handed Craig before saying, “For those who are in need of a scout, a commander, or a friend, I will answer the call. My name is Eliteslayer, but for those who knew me back then as Sebaste, I have returned… and I am ready to serve and protect…” He then threw the weapon into the air where it vanished in a flash.

“Hey… you think Sebastian will find it and call you?” Craig asked.

“I don't know…. But we'll have to see…” Eliteslayer said.

“If he ever does tell him I see him as family as well.” Craig admitted with his characteristic smile before he cringed in pain once again.

Noticing him wincing, Eliteslayer said, “Craig, our contract is complete. Tell Asuna and Kirito that an old friend says hello.”

“I will, don’t worry about that.”

“And we’ll see each other again sometime, until then, take care brother.” The Spartan said before the four soldiers gave Craig a salute just as a portal opened up behind him.

Craig then saluted them back before he walked back through the portal.

“C’mon, let's get the rest of that barn brought down.” Viktor said before he saw that it had been destroyed during the fight, and an irate Applejack was glaring at them. “Oh son of a…”

Author's Note:

I know that this is skipping the third chapter, but that's still coming, don't you worry!

Part of Eliteslayer's past has now been revealed... but how will Twilight and the other Mane 6 take the news?

And now Sebaste is back in action! If you want to start including him in Crossovers with Viktor, Alex and Sebastian or by himself, he is more than ready to answer the call!