• Published 7th Aug 2016
  • 3,683 Views, 193 Comments

For the Emperor and the UNSC! (Rebooted version) - Titan Commander Sebaste



I thought this was gonna be a normal day... at least until Sasha, Alexandra and I bought those weapons from that Merchant.... Now we're in a new world filled with Ponies, but this isn't like what you see on TV. This... is a war-torn world...

  • ...
25
 193
 3,683

Displaced Arc, Chapter 12: The Piraka and the Tenno

It had been a week since Sebaste had returned from Caldoric’s universe and was nearly killed by the panicked actions of a new Displaced in his world. He had managed to heal, but it would take weeks to regain his strength. As he and Sebastian walked through Ponyville, he thought back to the encounters he had had in his past, from Tom the Ork, to a group that had fought with Ahriman during the Equestrian Black Crusade.


“Hey Seb, take a look at this.” Sebastian's voice snapped him back to reality as the Astartes picked up a strange looking weapon that the Spartan swore he had seen before. “The heck is this?” It had three prongs, almost to hold an item inside it. Some sort of catapult device was built into its back.


As Sebastian held it, he heard a series of voices in his mind:


We are the Piraka. If ever you require us to steal something, or if you need our aid, we will be sure to help. We expect payment though.


The Astartes shrugged before he said, “Alright, 'Piraka’, you mind helping look for a new Displaced that showed up?” The name caused Sebaste to jerk his head towards the Astartes.


“The Piraka?! Sasha, wai-!” He was cut off as a portal opened in front of the two, gaining the attention of the ponies that were outside at the time.


Six figures fell out of the portal, landing on top of each other in a heap. Each had some sort of spikes on their back, connected to their head and trailing down to their legs. The one on top, clad in Crimson metal, slowly got up, a massive grin on his face. Red eyes squinted as it shook his head.


“Ow…what in Mata Nui just happened?” It asked, glancing around, and noticing the ponies. “Oh...crap. Hey guys, might want to get up…”


The one under him, a blue one, groaned. “Well maybe you should get the hell off of me, Hakann!”


“Oh, right.” The red one, ‘Hakann’, jumped off.


“Sasha, you and I are gonna have a chat after this…” Sebaste growled as he walked up to the six. “Sorry about the abrupt summons. My colleague didn't recognize a token when he saw one.” Sebastian gave the Spartan a slight glare at that. “I assume you're the Piraka?”


“Yes, are you Celestia’s latest attempt at capturing us?” The blue one asked as it got up, before looking at Sebaste. It's red eyes squinted, though the grin never left its face. “Do I know you?”


“You and your friends gave me a bit of trouble in my old Equestria when Ahriman attacked.” Sebaste growled as his old armor appeared on him. “I believe Avak got slagged by a Melta gun during that time.”


“Hmm….” the Blue Piraka hummed, examining him. “I vaguely remember something like that… Hey, Zaktan, do you remember this guy?” He asked, turning to the others, who had climbed off of each other.


“Yes, I do, Vezok.” The emerald Piraka, Zaktan, said, walking up. “You are that one guy that other armored Displaced hired us to fight. It's certainly been a while.” In his claws was a large, golden triblade, tucked away under his arm.


“It has…” Sebaste growled. “Last time I saw you six, you didn't even have a token.” He arched an eyebrow under his helmet. “Who taught you to make one?”


“We had a token back then, we just didn't give you one. You were our enemy, after all.” Zaktan shrugged, turning around. “As for who taught us, some moody spider guy.”


“Moody…” Sebaste facepalmed. “Faust damn it Dark….”


“Heh, doesn't matter anyway.” Zaktan shrugged, turning back and leaning up close to Sebaste’s helmet, his teeth bared in a grin as he growled. “So...what business do you have with the Piraka…?”


Sebaste sighed. “A week ago, I was talking to Twilight and the others when a new Displaced suddenly appeared in the throne room and panicked, pulling a gun and opening fire. I was badly wounded after I engaged in close combat, and now this Displaced has vanished. While I'm capable of doing this myself…” He said with a glare at Sebastian. “I’ll accept your help in trying to find this Displaced.”


“A rookie, eh?” Zaktan grinned. “Sounds easy enough. Though I'm surprised. You say you were badly wounded, yet only a week later, you’re up and walking again. You must have some impressive medical tech.” The Piraka’s grin seemed to grow a bit wider.


“It helps when you have unicorns for doctors. Along with a Spartan that can use magic.” Sebaste retorted. “But I can't fight for a while, otherwise I end up aggravating my injuries again.”


“A shame.” Zaktan shrugged. “I suppose we can find this Displaced easily enough. Reidak, step forward.” The black Piraka stepped forward, a large drill and buzzsaw in his hand. “Reidak here is capable of tracking down your missing Displaced. Avak, did you ever complete that stun weapon you were building?”


“Yes, Zaktan.” The brown Piraka nodded, pulling it out. It looked similar to their token, though it had a few modifications.


“Good.” Zaktan said, turning back to Sebaste.


“A word of warning, this Displaced is faster and stronger than you think. He or she is equipped with some kind of machine gun, apair of rapid fire pistols and fighting claws” Sebaste said, “They're also in armor that can blast lightning.”


“Oh, worry not, little Toa,” Zaktan chuckled, his left arm dispersing into a green cloud, reforming again into his arm. “We are much more powerful than you give us credit for. After all, our side won, remember?” His grin grew wider.


“We gave you a bloody nose in the process. You lost quite a lot of men yourself.” Sebaste smirked.


“Perhaps. But you have yet to fight a Piraka at full strength.” Zaktan grinned. “Anyways, have you heard of anything odd happening recently?”


“There was a report of a pair of enemy soldiers that were found with claw and scorch marks outside the town near the Everfree… and a few bullet casings nearby.” Sebaste said. “I had Alex and Rainblade investigate, but they couldn't find out anything else.”


“Well, why don't we head there first?” Zaktan asked, motioning for the other Piraka. “After all, a new Displaced would need a place to master their powers. Even a little.” Zaktan chuckled as he walked off towards the direction of the forest.


As the Piraka walked off, Sebaste commed Viktor. “Vik, I have a mission for you…”


“All right Reidak, let's see if you can find some heat trails.” Zaktan said, patting the black Piraka on the back. “I’d say look for any foot prints, or anything that can help us find the Displaced. Everyone else, fan out and establish a little wall. Once we get a direction, I'll give you new orders.” With a nod, the others stepped away as Reidak activated first his Thermal Vision. He looked around the small scene of the firefight, looking for anything.


A heat trail quickly caught his attention, looking closer, he saw a pair of footprints that led into the Everfree before they suddenly ended in the middle of the path.


“Of course this idiot would head for the Everfree…” Reidak growled. “Zaktan, there's a line of footprints leading into the forest, but ending before it gets there. Judging by how it’s made, I'm guessing our target is a female.”


“So, either she ran into the Everfree, or she darted off the path.” Zaktan muttered. “Alright, ideas on how to do this?”


“If she went into the forest, we could try flushing her out by setting it on fire,” Hakann suggested.


“No, I'd expect Sebaste to get pissed with us, and we wouldn't get paid.” Zaktan replied, shaking his head. “Anyone else?”


“Hmm….why don't we leave two of us here, and the rest search the forest?” Avak suggested. “Two of us can search around here for anything else, everyone else can go scour the big old forest.”


“That could work… Avak, Thok, Hakann and myself will go into the forest. Reidak and Vezok, you stay here.” Zaktan ordered, before walking towards the forest. The other three followed, while Reidak and Vezok stayed behind, searching a nearby bush.


What they didn't know, was that they were being watched by two different pairs of eyes. One stayed at the Ponyville border while the other stared from the undergrowth before disappearing into the forest. ‘So they want to find me? I’ll give them something to look at… if it gets them to leave me alone.


“Alright you three,” Zaktan growled, cutting apart another tree branch. “I am going to move towards the castle. I want you to begin searching. Try not to get separated, and if she appears, send us a signal.” Zaktan then burst into millions of protodites, which then moved off towards the direction of the Castle of Two Sisters. The other three glanced at each other, before blinking, their grins slowly growing wider. They then walked off in a random direction, Thok using his power over plant life to clear their path. A shadowy blur zipped behind the three, too fast to be seen.


“Well that was fast.” Thok growled, pulling out his ice pick. The other two brought out their respective weapons, Avak with his Seismic Pickaxe, and Hakann with his Lava Launcher.


“Do you mean whatever just passed us, or how quickly it was for something to happen?” Avak asked, glancing around.


“Both.” Thok growled.


“And if you three don't want to be shredded like that Spartan, you’ll leave.” A feminine voice said above them.


“Ooh, arrogant, aren't we?” Hakann chuckled, his eyes glowing brighter.


“No, I just want to be left ALONE!” This was accompanied by a blast of lightning that nearly missed Thok.


“Sorry, but that ain't happening, doll.” Avak grinned. “You'll have to force us out.”


There was a moment of silence before a hail of bullets rained down on them, causing them to scatter.


“Avak, do your thing!” Hakann growled, to which the brown Piraka nodded, erecting a wall of stone between the three and the hail of bullets. He then fired off an Explosive Zamor Sphere out over the wall, taking cover immediately after. A few seconds later, the sphere detonated, scattering green electric energy all over the place.


As it hit Teresa, the coils on her arm quickly absorbed the electrical energy and boosting her powers to nearly overload levels. With a yell, she unleashed a powerful blast of lightning that smashed one wall and sent Avak flying before it connected to the other two, shocking them both.


“Mata Nui dammit….” Hakann cursed, glaring up at the target and barely managing to unleash a mental blast into her head as he dropped to his knees.


With a cry of pain, the human turned Tenno fell to the ground and barely managed to catch her fall. As it was, she landed on her chest, getting the wind knocked out of her in the process.


Zaktann reappeared, the green mass of protodites surging out from the forest to reform the Emerald Piraka.


“Good work, you three. While not exactly as planned, it worked.” Zaktan chuckled, glaring down at Teresa. “I'm surprised somewhat. For a rookie, you sure got a bit of talent.” The emerald Piraka grinned as Avak staggered to his feet. “Restrain her.”


“I don't think so…” the Tenno spat out, before a dome of electrical energy shot out from her, smashing into the four Piraka. She slowly stood up, unsheathing a pair of mounted claws in the process. “I’ll fight to the death before I’ll let myself get tortured!”


“Like hell!” A gruff voice growled, before two bursts of force blasted into her back, knocking her back to the ground, along with knocking the air out of her lungs. From the trees, Vezok and Reidak stepped out, Vezok’s eyes bright from using his Impact Vision. Reidak jumped forward, binding her hands with rocky binds spewing from the earth. The Black Piraka placed a clawed foot on her back, leaning closer.


“So, how about we bring you back to Ponyville nice and quietly? Or would you rather be brought back unconscious?” He asked as Hakann and Thok got back up, backing away slightly. “We got Zaktann’s signal, so we rushed here as quickly as we could. Nice work distracting her.”


“Be careful, she can control electricity.” Hakann warned.


“That's not gonna do anything to the little rock binds I made.” Reidak growled. “Now hurry up and get her ready for transport.”


The two Piraka nodded, and Hakann hit her with another mental blast, while Thok used his Spellbinder Vision to disorient her and ruin her sense of balance.


As she fell unconscious, she felt her helmet fall off, revealing her face and her long dark brown hair.


“All right, let's get her back to Ponyville.” Zaktan muttered, walking over. Reidak hauled her up onto his shoulder.


“You know, she looks kinda cute, in a “I will destroy you with Zappy-Zappy powers” kind of way.” Vezok chuckled.


As they arrived back in Ponyville, they immediately went to the castle. Zaktan knocked on the door, and waited patiently, checking to make sure the girl didn't wake up.


Sebaste soon came outside, followed by a Spartan Scout with a more heavily armored right arm that ended in a clawed gauntlet and the world's Twilight, her barrel wrapped in bandages.


“As promised, one captured rookie Displaced. You want us to make her a cell of stone, so she doesn't use her lightning magic?” Zaktan asked, noticing the bandages.


The Spartan next to Sebaste suddenly stepped back in shock, a shocked gasp coming from her. “I... Impossible…” Her voice began to shake.


“Alex, what's the-” Sebaste began to ask before he saw the girl's face. It looked a bit like Alex’s and a bit like Viktor's. “Holy Tartarus….”


“I'm guessing you know her or something.” Zaktan sighed.


“She's... She's my sister.” Alex said.


“Ah, family. Alright then, in return for our services, we want five Assault Rifles, fully loaded, and six pistols.” Zaktan replied.


“Magnum, or Plasma?” Sebaste asked.


“Two Magnum, four plasma.” Zaktan answered, his grin now obviously permanent.


Sebaste nodded before five Assault rifles with energy bayonets dropped into the Piraka’s hands. “They have unlimited ammo, so you don't need to worry about loading them. Same with the pistols.” He said as the pistols requested dropped down at their feet.


“Thank you.” Zaktan chuckled as Reidak placed the girl onto the ground, sealing her hands in rock.


“It's to keep her from zapping you all.” Reidak explained.


“I have a feeling she’ll be out of it for a while, that’ll be enough to get her to a room.” Sebaste said.


“Well alright then.” Reidak shrugged.


“I suppose we are finished here then.” Zaktan said, walking over and extending his hand. “What happened in the past was simply a small business deal, you should know. I hope it won't complicate future business between us?”


Sebaste looked at a point past the Piraka, his helmet hiding his expression. He then extended his own hand and shook Zaktann's hand before saying, “I’ll try and leave the past behind, but I’ll keep one eye on you the next time we need you.”


“Good. If ever you require weapons and arms for your little war, you know who to call.” Zaktan said, before the Six Piraka vanished.


“Alex, let’s get your sister to one of the guest rooms… you and her are gonna have a lot of catching up to do.” Sebaste said. Alex nodded before the two lifted Teresa and entered the castle. Twilight followed after looking at the spot where the Piraka had been.


These Displaced are getting more confusing by the year…' she thought with a shake of her head.

Author's Note:

Ah reunions... They can really shock you, can they?:trollestia:

A massive thank you to Chaos Lord Reiuji Kirito for doing this crossover!

If you want to learn more about the Piraka, check out Kirito's story: Piraka Don't Play Fair

Edit: I've made a Discord server for those who've enjoyed both this version and the old version of the story, so if you want to join, here's a link : https://discord.gg/2vteEbY