• Published 7th Aug 2016
  • 3,698 Views, 193 Comments

For the Emperor and the UNSC! (Rebooted version) - Titan Commander Sebaste



I thought this was gonna be a normal day... at least until Sasha, Alexandra and I bought those weapons from that Merchant.... Now we're in a new world filled with Ponies, but this isn't like what you see on TV. This... is a war-torn world...

  • ...
25
 193
 3,698

Displaced Arc, Chapter 9: Super Soldiers and Conduits (Part 3)

(3rd person POV)
The group had been working on the portal for nearly a week. Aside from a few interruptions from Stella and, at one point, Screwball, the project was going smoothly.

“Okay!” Delsin called out from under the device. “Throw the switch!”

“Why did I just get a henchman vibe from that?” Sebaste muttered as he flipped the switch, only to duck as a wooden ruler spun past him. He glared at a now embarrassed Pinkie. “Really? You had to pull that gag?”

Before Pinkie could respond, the sound of electrocution, minus the screaming, was heard from where Delsin was. Sebaste quickly turned off the power and waited as some smoke curled up from under the device.

“You alright mate?” Viktor called over.

The smoke then flowed back under the device. “Note to self: don't place the wires like that.”

“My Lord, is the device ready?” Dweller asked.

“Just had to know if the electrical wiring was set...and...Done!” He pulled himself out from under the device. “Now for a test run. Second, you have that box of tokens?”

“Right here, sir,” Second answered. Delsin began sifting through the box. After a few moments, he pulled out a small bell. He looked at it as if listening to something.

“This should do.” He placed it in the connection reader. He then flipped the switch and pressed a few buttons, causing the device to start humming.

“Fingers crossed it won't blow up…” Alex remarked.

The portal frame lit up, a blue portal forming in it. Then a ringing was heard from the token and the frame began to shake violently. “Uh oh! HIT THE DECK!” Everyone, except Pinkie dropped to the ground. Pinkie simply pulled out a deck of cards and hit it, scattering cards in front of the three new people in the room. The portal then closed behind them.

Sebaste slowly stood up. “Who are you three?” He asked, his posture showing that he was ready to summon a weapon if the three proved hostile. One of them, tall and wore dark leather and a face mask with hat, looked around. His right arm was in some sort of clawed gauntlet. Beside him was another being with the same outfit but shorter with a cane. The last one wore a futuristic suit of armor.

“Well, this is new.” The tall man said ignoring Sebaste.

“Huh?” Delsin stood up, slowly his chain at the ready. “What do you mean?”

The man looked over to the one with a cane and nodded. It pulled out a small orb thing and threw it up in the air. It spun a few times before letting out a blue light for a second. It fell back down and the being pushed a few things on it.

“The rift brought us to another world, let’s hope it’s not filled with marshmallows.” the being with the cane said.

“I thought you like marshmallows?” The man said.

“The ones not trying to eat me.”

“Right…” The man looked up to Delsin and tilted his head. “Hello.”

“About time you noticed us,” Delsin said in annoyance.

“Oh, I already noticed you. I just chose not say anything until now.” the man replied.

“Sheesh, Arrogant aren't you?” Sebaste asked, an eyebrow raised under his helmet and his arms crossed.

“Call it all you want, doesn’t matter to me.” he said as he turned around to the device. “Nice Rift gate by the way.”

“Rift gate?” Alex asked, her voice sounding confused.

“I believe that's his terminology for the device,” Delsin said, wrapping his chain back around his wrist. “And to be honest, it's better than what I called it.”

Sebaste then looked closer at the man before he suddenly jerked back as a realization hit him. “I recognize the game he’s from, Bloodborne or something like that…”

“First name was right.” The man said before looking around. “What’s with the mess?”

Before anyone could say something he flicked his wrist and everything started to move and cleaning itself up. It took a few minutes but everything was soon clean and the man was holding a deck of cards.

“Much better.”

“Well that was new…” Sebastian spoke up, eyeing the three from where he was.

“To explain the mess, we were building that Rift gate and we were fearing an explosive malfunction. I told everyone to ‘hit the deck’ and Pinkie took it literally,” Delsin explained. The three of them looked at the pink mare for a moment.

“Oh, it’s one of these worlds! Awesome.”

“What the… it’s a pink horse!”

“Hey! I'm a pony, thank you very much!” She complained.

“Hey don’t be rude.” the man said.

“You three are new to being Displaced, aren't you?” Sebaste asked.

“They,” he pointed at the two. “Kinda, not really Displaced, me on the other hand have been through this.”

“I didn’t join the Rift Hunters for this.” the being, who sounded female, said.

“Don’t lie, you totally did.” the man said.

Sebaste sighed, “Just who are you three exactly?” He asked. The man and woman looked at one another before removing their headgear. The man had dark blue hair, beard and blue eyes with a scar under his left eye. The woman had short brown hair with green eyes. They both, plus the being in the suit, bowed.

“Apologies for not saying before, name's Jace Belaguard and this,” he gestures towards the woman. “Is Ynra, head hunter for the Rift hunters.”

“The name’s Eliteslayer, and behind are Alexandra, Sebastian and Viktor. The Displaced next to me is Delsin.” Sebaste said, gesturing to the others as he introduced them and himself.

“Nice to met you all, oh and this…” he turned to the person in the suit, his expression changed a bit. “I need to talk to you, now.” he grabbed the being and disappeared into ash. Ynra looked at the rest of the group and shrugged.

“Family matter, the head doesn’t like the fact his family came with.” she said.

“His… well, that's not exactly surprising to me, I know a Displaced who has family spread across the Multiverse.” Sebaste chuckled. Ynra turned to the device and looked at it.

“So, oddly enough that you all were doing a test on a rift gate at the same time as we were, funny that it’s so big.”

“Hmm… that is a bit surprising.” Sebastian then walked forward, the thump of his metal boots echoing through the room. “But what are these “Rift Hunters” you mentioned?”

“It’s a branch that stems from a group known as Hunters, who have been around for a very long time.” she gestures at the device. “Some time ago rifts started to pop up all over the place bringing creatures with them, so the Head Hunter, who was the man was just here, made the Rift Hunters. A group to research the rifts.”

She turned to look at Sebastian. “If you have any other questions better ask the head.”

“There might be one question you could answer,” Delsin said. He pointed to the Rift gate. “Would this device be able to sync the time axises of two different worlds?”

Ynra thought about it for a moment and shrugged. “I have no idea, never tested it.”

“It’s okay, I’m just trying to avoid a “Chronicles of Narnia” time axis difference with a friend of mine.”

“That begs the question, who’s Equestria are you trying to time sync with?” Sebaste asked.

“I’m trying to sync up with Tito’s world. I don’t know why, but I feel that I’m going to be working with him quite frequently. As of right now, a month or so could have passed in the time it took for us to even get this far.” Delsin emphasised that by pointing to the Rift gate and then Ynra.

“Hey, we been looking into rifts for some time now yet we still have no idea how they keep popping up.” she said. She looked back at the device. “Jace might know of a way but that’s a long shot.”

“I know of one long shot and how it somehow end up working,” Delsin began. “Back a few thousand years, blast shards and blast cores would neutralize a pony’s magic. The then Prince Sombra of the Crystal Empire had crystal ponies immigrate to Equestria, where their descendants later passed on their immunity to said problem. Now, ponies can handle them without said negative effects.” Delsin took a breath and finished, “It was a long shot for their genetics to do that for the entire current population, and yet it happened. So any shot is worth the shot.”

As Delsin finished Jace reappeared with someone else. A woman with long pink hair, glasses and tan skin. She wore a tank top with the sun on it and blue jeans.

“Sorry, what did I miss?”

“Just wondering about time synchronization and if the Rift gate can do that,” Delsin said. Jace looked at him and back at the device.

“For one you don’t really need that big thing to open Rifts.” he said.

“Well we don't exactly have any other way to open a portal.” Viktor remarked. “Unless you have a token that can hold a portal open for a long time?”

“What he just said,” Delsin agreed. Jace thought about it and frowned.

“What do you mean, time synchronization?” he asked.

“Two worlds operate on different time axes. One hour in one world could be a week in another. The thing I’m trying to accomplish is to make it so that one hour in one world is the same amount of time in another.”

“Oh well… that… well that could be done.” He looked back to Delsin. “You’ll also destroy both worlds on the way but it’s possible.” He said in a carefree way.

“Can it be done WITHOUT the potential of cosmic destruction?” Delsin asked. Jace stared at him for a moment.

“How much do you know about Rifts? Nevermind, don’t answer that. You know that each of the realities for each Displaced are there own, different time wave and all that junk. Rifts are a tear that cuts through the thread that keeps one reality from another. A rift forms or opens if a strong surge of chaos cuts said thread.”

“So tokens are part of this ‘surge of chaos’ you’re talking about?”

“No no no, tokens are different, think of it like a wall with gates and tokens are a pass. Rifts on the other hand are someone taking a hammer to said wall and make a hole in it.” Jace explained.

“Discord.” Sebaste said.

“I don’t think he would do something that dumb. Anyway back to the question before, no, it’s impossible to get the times of two worlds that are different to be the same but other means without blowing the two worlds up.”

“What about using the ‘official gates’ of this ‘wall’?” Delsin pulled out his token and Tito’s token. “Make it easier to access that world by way of a special portal or whatever. I heard from my fiance about a Sunset Shimmer using a mirror portal, and the world she’s on, it’s theorized, runs on the same time axis as this world.”

“If it was different realities but what your fiance is explaining is a parallel universe. Completely different.” Jace explained. “Getting the times the same of a parallel universe is different from doing so of a different reality, the world won’t blow up. As for the gate thing, still won’t work, this is stuff I was told by someone who can make rifts with a snap of his fingers.”

“Did someone mention me?” A voice spoke.


(Delsin’s POV)
I jumped at the sound of that voice. “Discord! Where are you!?” Smoke flowed down my arm, ready to attack at a moment’s notice.

“No need to be antagonistic. I’m not being antagonistic. Your other worldly friend, on the other paw…” I turned to Jace with a questioning look. Jace looked at me for a moment then away.

“Nope, not you, not even close.” he said.

“Aww, I hate the filter that Wayward put on my internet site! I never was able to get the manuscript of your story!” Jace looked up at this.

“Right… better you not read it, I’ve dealt with beings that make you small.” Jace said.

“I’m not even going to ask,” Discord and I said.

“Anyway, I just want to point out that what you said isn’t entirely true, but neither is it false.” Jace looked at the ceiling.

“So who’s world am I in?” he asked, ignoring Discord.

“Well this got awkward fast…” Viktor muttered.

“You’re in my--”

“Wayward’s world,” Discord interrupted. “It’s rude to switch subjects, you know.”

“I don’t really care, you’re being nosy.” Jace said. The woman giggled at this.

“Well, the author, Wayward, just finished his research on the subject and came up with something.” A small manuscript titled, “When lightning strikes…” appeared in front of him. “Read chapter 18. You’ll be surprised what you may find.” Discord paused, as if you could imagine him thinking. “Another thing I should mention would be that if you still say it’s still impossible, the author will manipulate a wormhole or do whatever to allow a time synced portal to be possible.”

Jace took the manuscript and looked at it for a moment before it turned into dust. “Not my world, not my rules, just don’t mess with things that you don’t understand.” Jace said as he looked at me.

“You telling me that or him,” I asked. He stared at me for a minute.

“Discord, this one acts like he can do whatever he wants so I don’t care, I’m telling you that.” he said. He paused for a moment and turned away. “I’m not trying to tell what you want to do, just be careful at what you are doing.”

“I think Delsin knows what he's doing.” Alex said, her right arm whirring as she crossed her arms.

“I believe, he was addressing me,” Discord said, physically behind her. Only to be sent into the wall after being sent flying from a magic blast by the startled Spartan. “Frighten easily lately? Or just magic happy?”

“You try being in a war and expect an attack from enemy forces at any moment.” She retorted.

“Ah, of course,” he said, pulling himself out of the wall. “Your story is kind of vague on the details of that, so I wasn’t properly informed.”

I heard Jace mutter something. “Anyway I know that feeling all too well.” he said to Alex.

“Really? How?” She said, her tone starting to sound steely. Jace looked at her and his face went dark.

“You try surviving in a world that everything and anything can kill you without a thought. Even the land itself.” he simply said.

“So, Discord,” I said. “How do we get a special portal up?”

“It’ll take me, your friend’s me, and both yours and his token,” I held out the tokens for him to take. “I’ll get this end up, and my other me can get his end up.” He took Tito’s medallion as his paw arm glowed yellow. A door then formed on one of the empty walls. Discord floated to it. “I’ll be right back.” He went through the door and was gone.

Sebastian sighed before his armor disappeared, revealing him in his normal clothes. “So what now?” He asked.

“Explore? Never been here.” Jace said. He seemed to find a few chairs as the pink haired woman and Yrna sat down.

“So who's the lady with you?” Sebaste asked, nodding to the pink haired woman. Jace raised an eyebrow.

“Full name or short?” he asked.

“Short.” Jace looked over at the woman.

“You can call me Tia.” she said. I stared at her in shock.

“Celestia?!” Sebaste stepped back in shock. The Royal Guard symbol on his left shoulder pad suddenly caught Jace's and Celestia's eyes.

“Huh, that’s something.” Jace said as he nodded to the symbol.

“Got it a long time ago. Back when I was in a different Equestria.” He replied.

“I never really noticed it,” I said, still shocked about seeing a human Celestia. “Then again, there are cases where I’m completely clueless. I guess it’s just one of many possible side effects of being alone for a thousand years.”

I heard Jace snort at this. “Only a thousand? That’s young.”

“I’ve heard of Displaced that were imprisoned longer.” Sebaste said.

“The times of imprisonment, is it important right now?” Jace asked.

“Age is,” I threw in. “Somewhat. I ended up getting punched in the face for trying to help a Displaced who was roughly three thousand years old. That’s old compared to my one thousand.”

“Well you know someone older and unless you tick me off I won’t punch you in the face.” Jace said with a smile.

“I’m BACK!!!” Discord said from the door. “The portal is synced and everything. I even threw in Cell service into the deal.”

When he said that I pulled out my phone and texted a quick message to Tito. ‘Respond five minutes after receiving this text.’

“I must say, this Discord is more… untamed than ours.” Tia said to Jace.

“Have you ever considered reforming your Discord?” Sebaste asked. Jace looked at him.

“Do you mean this one or mine?” he asked.

“Yours.” Jace looked at him for a moment then looked away.

“He’s… well not reformed but he’s not like this unless you push him too far.” Jace said.

“Huh, our Discord is reformed, but he’s been a bit busy as of late…”

I heard a chime from my pocket and I checked my phone. Tito responded in the time frame I asked. ‘Delsin? Hey. It’s been a little while.’ I smiled and muttered, “Yes, it has been.” Another chime. ‘You would not believe what happened the last week.’

I texted back, ‘Hold on. I’ll contact you when I’m on your world.’

‘Wait, what are you talking about?’

‘You’ll see.’

‘Okay...hopefully you like my...daughter…’ Daughter?

I looked over at Jace and saw that he was making three orbs of… something, float around his hand.

“What in Dorn's name are those?” Sebastian asked in confusion, the other three echoing his confusion.

“Just some orbs of chaos, nothing big.” Jace said nonchalantly. The orbs just kept spinning around his hand as they started to change shape to a star, a square, and a ring. “What? Never saw chaos before?”

Sebaste snorted. “I’ve faced off against a Chaos sorcerer and his cronies in a war back in my old Equestria, so yes, I’ve seen and faced chaos.”

“I’m sorry about interrupting, but I need to go somewhere and I don’t mean any offence but, I think you all--” I gestured to all the Displaced in the room. “--need to head home. Who knows what may have happened if time is off kilter or whatever wherever and such.”

Sebaste nodded before he looked over at Alex. She nodded in return before her gauntlet glowed with arcane power. A portal soon opened front of the others but before the four Displaced headed to their Equestria, the Recon turned me and the other three and said, “It was an honor meeting you all, and I wish you all luck in your endeavors.” He then entered the portal and vanished.

Alex then looked at me before saying, “Good luck with your engagement Delsin. Hope things go well for you.” The other two gave a farewell salute before they too began to enter the portal.

“Hey! I just remembered something!” This caused the soldiers to stop. “Am I able to use your tokens as weapons?”

“Yep.” Alex replied.

“Say what now?” Jace ask as he looked at the three.

“Our tokens serve a dual purpose, they allow for another Displaced to summon us, but they are also weapons for those that will use them wisely.” She replied. She then turned and caught what seemed to be an assault rifle with an energy bayonet flying out of the portal. “This one's Sebaste's token.” She said, tossing it to me. “Infinite ammo, so you don't have to worry about reloading.”

“That’s good,” I said, before hefting the rifle and putting a few rounds in the portal device, causing a controlled explosion. “That’ll do it.”

She giggled before waving goodbye and vanishing into the portal. “Hope we'll see each other again sometime mate.” Viktor said. Then he too vanished into the portal.

Sebastian rolled his eyes before he looked over at me. “They may be my friends, but sometimes they forget to ask things.” He chuckled. “Do you have an invitation for the wedding of you and Tia?”

I pulled one out of my pocket and handed it to him. “There you go. See ya!”

“Later Delsin, tell Stella we said hello.” He said before he then entered the portal and it then closed with a pop. I looked back at the other three and saw Jace still making orbs spin around his hand, now there’s a blue orb and an orb on fire.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Training, you were all talking so I was just doing this to keep me in tip top shape and stuff.” he said. He looked at me before making them disappear. “So you want me to leave as well?”

“I don’t mean to offend you when I say yes.” He shrugged and stood up.

“Eh, doesn't matter to me that much.” He looked around and flicked his wrist. The bell from before appeared in his hand. “If ya need help, don’t be afraid to call.”

I took the bell and handed him an invitation a well. “I’ll see you around.”

Jace looked at the invitation for a minute. “A wedding between you and your Celestia, huh that would be interesting, anything else ya need to tell me before I go?”

I tossed a Banishing Key to him. “I have a doppelganger that’ll try to kill you. Just use that, and he won’t be back.”

“A doppelganger? Well there’s a story behind that but let’s cut that part to later and just give me some info about him, powers, weaknesses, fears and personality.” he said.

“Smoke, neon, video, concrete, and chaos magic are his thing. He’s resistant to death, fears stronger chaos users, and is an all around idiot with half a brain,” I listed off. “Oh! And he looks like me, except his jacked is red and his vest shows a Vulture instead of an Eagle.” I turned around, showing him the back of my vest.

“Resistant to death? That’s… disturbing.” Tia said with a frown.

“Not a problem with me, in truth with what you said then I’m going to be his worst nightmare.” Jace said with a grin.

“Sounds good to me,” Discord said, twirling a yo-yo contrary to gravity. “While I may be ‘irresponsible’ with my chaos powers, Nisled takes it to down right...urgh, I can’t even find a word to describe how disgusting it is.”

“Right, again the way you said it then… Nisled is probably the weakest chaos user there is if he thinks like that.” Jace said as he put the invitation in his pocket. I raised an eyebrow at him.

“What he means is that anyone that thinks chaos as magic isn’t that strong with it.” Tia said with a smile.

“Just don’t traumatize him too badly,” I said. “He may be sadistic, but he shouldn’t be taken down too far.”

“No promises but I’ll see what I can do.” Jace said until he jerked his head over. “What’s that?”

I stared at him confused as he waved his hand. I looked over and saw another blue orb float over to us. Inside was something black.

“Is that… tar?” Yrna asked.

“Dude I don’t know what you do here but make sure you clean up, black tar is just gross.” Jace said as he looks at it.

“That’s what was leftover from some issues involving someone who could control that stuff. Incinerate it please.” Jace eyed me for a second and made the orb turn red. The tar burst into black flames and after a few seconds there wasn’t anything in it.”

“Should I be worried about this one?” he asked.

“Not sure. She built a portal to another world, but I’m not sure which one. I’ll be able to find her and take her down,” I told him.

“Depends on if she build the portal right, some of them will take you to other worlds while others… well all that was left is ash. The void is a dangerous place.” he said.

“It was unstable, but it worked. That’s how three of those four you saw earlier got here...unintentionally. After its second use, it self destructed,” I said. “Probably a safety feature.”

“Right… Just to be on the safe side I’ll keep an eye out for her, mind give me a picture so I know what I’m looking for.” he said.

Discord pulled out a picture from his ear and handed it to Jace. Jace took it and looked at it, he tilted his head a bit.

“Well… that’s something.” he said as he pocketed the picture. “Anything else you need to do, say, or show me?”

“Don’t let her tar touch your spine or head. She can then control you through it...if that’s even possible with you.”

“If she tries then she will have one big surprise.” Jace said to me. “Last call for anything to show me and other stuff.”

“Nothing else that comes to mind,” I stated, before suddenly remembering. “Oh, wait! Another Displaced managed to get his Diarch of the Sun dressed up weird.” I showed him Sora’s picture of Prince Solaris. The three of them stared at it for sometime.

“I don’t get it, it just shows a horse with a horn and wings in a dress.” Tia said.

“I agree, what’s the point of this?” Jace asked.

“In most Equestrias, the inhabitants are sentient ponies, and their Princess or Prince is a horse,” I sighed in annoyance. “The joke is that Sora, the Displaced that took this picture, wants the rest of the multiverse to not take him, meaning Solarus, seriously.”

“I don’t know, even if I would look like that, which would be kinda cute, I wouldn’t take myself seriously if I was a winged horse.” Tia said.

“Until you actually see her angry side, you wouldn’t normally take her seriously...or him…”

“Are you saying that I’m not threatening as it is?” Tia asked me. Her gaze seemed to pierce through me. “Even if you see me as a horse?”

“I’ll just say no comment and please stop...you’re scaring me.”

“Good,” she started with a loving smile as she cracked her knuckles. “I would hate if you have to tell your Celestia that you got beaten to a bloody pulp by something else.”

“Just go please. I’m close to wetting myself in fear.” She eyed me for a second before turning around. In a bright flash a white portal opened.

“I’ll see you when you get back brother.” Tia said before she and Yrna walked through it. Leaving me and Jace alone.

“Well she’s a bit ticked, sorry about that. She can be caring but the idea of anyone seeing her as a joke rubs her the wrong way.” Jace said.

“I deserved it. Foot-in-mouth disease issue I’ve had.”

“Luckily it wasn’t Luna, she would just punch you if you insulted her.” Jace sighed at this. “Growing up with those two, the most oddest sisters ever.”

He thought about it until he snapped his fingers and a piece of paper appeared. “Speaking of family, mind keeping an eye out for this one.” He passed me a picture of some girl with brown hair, eyes and some goggles on.

“Who is she?”

“My sister, she’s a displaced as well.” he said as he looks away. “She’s a bit of a knucklehead but nice.”

“I’ll keep an eye out, but no guarantee of finding her.” I checked my phone before looking back at him. “I’ll see ya later then?”

“Yup, see ya.” with that he turned into ash. Now I was alone.

“Well, I’m suddenly confused as to why I’m alone when there were some ponies and a draconequs here earlier.” I shrugged. “Meh, I needed a nap anyway.”


(3rd person POV)

The four soon exited the portal, only to find Celestia and Luna waiting for them. “We’ve been thinking over your request for the Doom Marines to assist. We agree, but only on the grounds that you have other allies to assist them.” Luna said.

Sebaste nodded. “I’ll let Guardian know of your answer and terms. It's time we bring down Flame Tail for good.” He said.

Meanwhile…

A lone Pegasus stallion looked over a map of Equestria, the flags showing his forces and the enemies. He cursed as he looked at the flag that represented Ponyville. Ever since the four creatures had appeared, his forces had been defeated or destroyed every time they attacked the town. He then closed his eyes and chuckled, his voice suddenly sounding feminine as flames wrapped around him. He then opened his eyes to revel slitted green pupils as his, or rather her true form was revealed. “I’ll get my revenge on those blasted Princesses and those creatures will also pay… the Changelings shall rise again!” Chrysalis cackled as she looked over the map. “And those fools won't even know what even hit them…”

Author's Note:

Ain't I a Stinker?:trollestia:

So this is the final chapter of my Crossover with Wayward's story, with a special appearance by the characters from the story Hunters of Ash and Cinder by DemonG, check the guy out and give him some follows!

Once again, a huge thanks to Wayward for doing this with me, and I look forward to crossing over again someday!

Up next: Horsing around with a Toa