• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 1,078 Views, 71 Comments

Death Note: Alight Equestria - DeviousNights



"No matter how smart you are, you alone cannot change the world". This is contrary to the beliefs of Maj. Nightmare Moonlit, who plans to do just that with a mysterious black notebook.

  • ...
7
 71
 1,078

Escape

Starshooter scratched the back of his head as he stared down Spark, who was looking back intently. She gave an unnoticeable small nod to the other two ponies, and turned her head back to Starshooter and Dahlia. Starshooter narrowed his eyes, as if expecting her to do something suspicious.

Without warning, Spark flipped her body upwards, almost losing balance and attempting to tackle Starshooter. Starshooter quickly dodged to the right and Dahlia instead took the misaimed assault.
Dahlia fell backwards to the ground as a result, with a harsh thump resounding through the area as she did. At the first opportunity, she rolled over twice and tossed Spark right off of her, straight into the table that she had been residing previously. The coffee was knocked off the table and sprayed everywhere, staining carpet and wall alike. Quickly recovering from her disorientation, she performed a twirling kick, twisting and knocking her assailant backwards. Spark grabbed a fork in her mouth from the fallen table and rushed back to her two subordinates at a speed that the Flash would be impressed with. She cleverly dragged the sharp edge against the ropes binding them and broke the bonds.

Starshooter clenched his teeth and galloped towards the two newly freed ponies. He leapt into the air and tackled the dazed Dynamo Pad to the ground. The two began to wrestle and snap at each other before Dynamo stabbed his horn deeply into Starshooter's hoof, causing him to recoil backwards. Starshooter curled up around his hoof as he rolled in pain and agony, yelling.

As if on cue, Dahlia kicked Spark in the muzzle and launched her backwards into Aryan, who caught her to break the fall.

"Sorry… not much of a fighter." Spark said breathlessly, allowing herself to topple lightly onto the floor. Aryan solemnly nodded her head as a response. Dahlia regained her balance and slowly stalked up to the side of the lemon-lime-maned stallion. Starshooter greeted her with a nod. As they prepared another attack, both of their eyes flew open.

Spark and the other two flinched backward at the sudden movement, afraid the pair must have realized something detrimental.

"Tch." Dahlia muttered before disappearing into a cloud of dust. No traces were left of her presence, including the strong smell of pumpkin pie the mare seemed to always smell of.

"Luckily for you three, we must withdraw." Starshooter growled, before turning his back to the three.
Dynamo, mustering his courage, called out from behind Spark. "It can't be this easy. What's the catch?"

"The catch is that this is unfinished business. And I don't like to let unfinished business to just wander around. Either way. Our lord will prevail and there is nothing anypony can do to stop him."

"Your ‘lord’ is nothing but a murderer who deserves the death penalty!"

At this remark, Starshooter vanished in a black blur, leaving the shocked ponies alone. After a short silence, a child-like tone suddenly broke the silence.
"So… uh… what're we gonna do now?" Dynamo asked, directing his attention towards the leader.
"Well..." Spark started.
~
"Sweetie Belle?" Apple Bloom called, walking along a dirt road on the outskirts of Hoovington. Normally Sweetie wouldn't be out this long, so she and Scootaloo had decided to devise a "Cutie Mark Crusader Rescue Party."

"Oh; it's that lawyer guy's house!"

Author's Note:

New laptop, meaning I lost all my old docs with my story on it. Lucky me right? Well here's the next chapter, very short because of that, but next one will be a tad longer.