• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 1,075 Views, 71 Comments

Death Note: Alight Equestria - DeviousNights



"No matter how smart you are, you alone cannot change the world". This is contrary to the beliefs of Maj. Nightmare Moonlit, who plans to do just that with a mysterious black notebook.

  • ...
7
 71
 1,075

HIS power

"If that doesn't attract him, or at least one of his followers, I don't know what will." Aryan commented, speaking to Spark and Dynamo Pad.

Dynamo appeared to had been through a great amount of physical damage, bandages covering his body and a gauze pad covering his left eye. His mane was a frizzy mess, and it was cut shorter than usual.

In contrast, Lektra, after taking off her mask, was looking as usual. Her mane still looking as if she had been struck by lightning. Her yellow eyes still seemed to illuminate the room, and her yellow fur seemed to give off a neon glare to it.

"Even so, when he or whoever he sends does show up, we can't just arrest him, you tell me he kills with a notebook, and he also says multiple times that he has something to do with a notebook, but I myself still hasn't seen it. Considering his 'method' of killing, it sounds like all he has to do is write down a name."

"However that doesn't explain why Aryan isn't dead. He knew her name, and she testified that she physically saw him writing her name on a scrap of paper." Dynamo commented, scratching his mane, noticing it was shirts than usual.

"I thought that you needed a haircut while you rested, so I took it upon myself." Aryan answered, already knowing that Dynamo was about to question her about it.

"I'm only cutting you slack because we have more pressing matters to attend to." Dynamo responded, returning to look back at Spark, who seemed to be enjoying their back and forth conversation.

"Well, from what I can piece together from what happened to Aryan, is that Nightmare doesn't just need a name, but he also needs a face in order to kill someone off. Even then, it looks like either something was obstructing one of those two when he tried to kill Aryan, or there are a set of rules, and one of those rules prevented Aryan from being killed. Personally, I think it's the latter, mostly because Nightmare knew your name somehow when he saw you in the jail cell, and he was also facing you so there's no way he didn't know your face." Spark explained, twirling a piece of her frizzy mane in her hoof.

"And what would you think that rule would be?" Dynamo asked, now curious to see how this would all connect together.

"I couldn't say. It depends on if there are multiple notebooks out there, which we have no proof of yet. Heck, I myself haven't seen this notebook. But, if I were to guess, if there were multiple notebooks another possible holder would be..."

"Attorney General Lawrence Sawyer, right?" Aryan asked, guessing who it was by the past experience. Dynamo gritted his teeth in anger at the mention of the stallion's name.

"That would be one hundred percent correct. And then we have to take into account the other creature you saw. This one, apparently nicer than the other two you saw."

"Yes, Silpheed."

"That must mean at the very least there are three notebooks out there right now, plus any more that we don't already know about."

"That doesn't sound reassuring at all." Dynamo commented shaking his head and taking a seat in Aryan's bed.

"It isn't supposed to Pad. This is a mass genocide investigation after all." Spark responded.

"I know but what are we doing this for?! We're risking our lives for what?! I know this is going to sound ridiculous but lately I've been thinking that maybe this isn't the right thing to do. Maybe he is doing what's right for the rest of civilization. Look at the crime rates for Celestia's sake! They've dropped by over 70%!" Dynamo argued his case, knowing that the other two would probably think he is text for thinking that way.

"Though I don't blame you for thinking that way, nor will I claim to not see your point, but what Kira is doing is absolutely evil. The murder of another pony is inexcusable. No matter how despicable that pony is." Spark answered, shifting some of her mane from her eyes as she looked back at Dynamo who was looking back at her.

Dynamo swung his hoof through the air. "The thing is there are some ponies that, quite frankly, the world could do without! It sounds bad but it's the truth isn't it?!"

"Dynamo, that may be the outlook of a normal civilian pony, but your a police officer. We stand for justice and nothing else. This isn't justice, even from your perspective you have to admit the taking of another's life is still wrong." Aryan replied, her voice cracking during her last few words. It was clear that she felt the same way about the situation, but couldn't express it due to her integrity as a police officer.

Dynamo looked down in response, seeing no point in trying to fight against them anymore. He lie his head down on the bed in defeat.

Aryan glanced at him and trotted towards him, patting his back.

Spark's expression remained unchanged as she sat and waited for something to happen, specifically Nightmare to come right to the door. She knew that that would be the first place he would go to, since he knew where Aryan lived from the database.

What seemed to be hours passed, the three doing nothing specific, save for Dynamo who held the same position the entire time, staring forward blankly.

Suddenly a knock came to the front door of Aryan's house; resulting in Spark practically running to the door, flanked by Aryan.

They both looked through the windows to see two dozen police officers. Probably the back up that Spark had called for in the beginning to ensure their safety.

"It's over." Nightmare said, sitting back at home with a piece of the notebook placed directly in front of him. "You may begin Sycamore."

Nightmare then began to look through his files, filing off seemingly random names.

"Lieutenant Red Daze."

"Expunge." Sycamore said, writing his name in his Death Note.

Back at the Aryan's place, Spark had opened the door to see a red stallion with a black mane. He looked at her with a hard expression.

"We're here to provide b-" He started, then suddenly his eyes went wide as he fell back and crippled over, clutching his chest. He began to twitch, but then fell over, unmoving.

Spark's eyes shot open as she began to back away from the body.

"Staff Sergeant Ballistic Shots."

"Expunged."

The pony directly behind the fallen over lieutenant suddenly placed a hoof to his chest and began to keel over, foaming at the mouth before finally stopped my altogether.

"This can't..." Aryan mumbled.

"Staff Sergeant Whitaker Waffles."

"Expunged."

A pony in the extreme back of the formation without warning fell backwards and began a struggle, but ultimately met the same fate as the others.

At this point ponies began to scatter in multiple directions, attempting to get away from the onslaught.

"Sergeant Jeedus Raye."

"Expunged."

"Sergeant Stock Broke. Staff Sergeant Whisper Woods. Lieutenant Green Greenies."

"Expunged."

"Expunged."

"Expunged."

"Staff Sergeant Chloe Green."

"Expunged!"

The onslaught continued, as bodies began dropping at an alarming rate, before the entire front yard was nothing but bodies. The two mares quickly ran inside before shadows began appearing in the forest around them where her house was located.

Ponies in purple robes carrying candles began to appear from the woods from all corners. The front of their robes had a large letter "K" embroidered on it. They began to surround the house in a diamond formation.

Inside the house Spark and Aryan locked themselves back in Aryan's room, where a stunned Dynamo Pad was waiting.

They briefed Dynamo on their current situation, prompting him to quickly snatch his gun from his jacket pocket he had laid over the bed a day earlier. He stood guard at the window, waiting for some sort of movement towards the building. The day outside began to get darker as the only things that provides light where the candles the ponies were carrying.

It seemed as if someone was manipulating the time of day, and had just made it night time, forcing the sun down. But who? With Luna's passing it couldn't be her, and Celestia was nowhere to be found.

The rest of Equestria was also affected by the weather change, with Ponyville, New Horse City, and a handful of other cities, experiencing a large swath of darkness, with only streetlights and artificial light sources providing any light. Whoever lowered the sun didn't even bother to bring the moon back up

Twilight, from her castle saw the commotion and saw what was occurring outside firsthand. She was standing on a balcony near the top of her roof. She had seen SOMETHING seem to slide the sun downwards from the direction of Hoovington.

As if on cue, Twilight rushed towards the direction of Hoovington, soaring through the skies at speeds that Rainbow Dash would be jealous of. She just knew HE had something to do with all of this. There was no other explanation. He had to be stopped.

"It is impressive though. How quickly he's figured out how to move planetary objects." Twilight commented on her way to Hoovington.

Back at Aryan's house, the cult ponies diamond became tighter and tighter until they completely enclosed the house from every side they could cover. They began to chant a song:

A phone call came to Aryan's phone. It was an unknown number. She struggled to pick it up considering what she just saw, but did anyways.

"H-hello?" Aryan answered in a shaken voice.

The voice was obviously Nightmare.

"This is the power of GOD."

Author's Note:

The story will continue normally from here.