• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 1,078 Views, 71 Comments

Death Note: Alight Equestria - DeviousNights



"No matter how smart you are, you alone cannot change the world". This is contrary to the beliefs of Maj. Nightmare Moonlit, who plans to do just that with a mysterious black notebook.

  • ...
7
 71
 1,078

Starshooter

Dahlia Moonlit sat her smoldering hot coffee onto her table. It was the morning of two days after the kidnapping of the three police officials. The operation had went smoothly, she told her boss, and that they were planning on moving to phase two as soon as possible. In contrast to her uncle, she preferred hot coffee over cold, and would only one if the other wasn't readily available. She sipped it at a normal pace, stretching her neck as she looked forward with no expression. She had black eyeliner on her eyes and sported her hair tied back into a ponytail, making her a look strikingly similar to her uncle.

Next to Dahlia was another pony, this one being a Unicorn. Her mane was styled with her bangs sticking, surprisingly, upward, in a way that was mocking of a Super Sayain. It was colored a light burgundy, with purple tips on the edges, and she also had a gray coat, with her tail being rolled into a roller. It was obvious that today was probably one of her "I don't care" days from the roller. Her eyes were heavy as if she had just gotten off of a late night guard duty, but this was somewhat hidden by her also black eyeliner, and her makeup filled face.

Dahlia glared at three ponies that lie in front of her, all of them having their hooves tied behind their backs and their mouths restricted by purple clothes. Each of them were dirty, withered even, and their eyes were red from severe exhaustion. It was as if their eyes very nerves had been strained to extreme ends. Dahlia slammed her hoof on the ground, demanding full attention from all of them.

"I'm not letting any of you go to sleep." Dahlia finally said, cracking her neck as she sat down the coffee softly onto the wooden table.

They began to struggle once again, not unlike worms that had just got washed up from a long, cold rain. They're struggles were not met by any sort of comfort, as Dahlia just continued to look down on them, as if she had some sort of Tsundere God Complex, disgracing them with her disgusted looks. After what seemed like hours, she finally opened her mouth.

"None of you are going to sleep until I get exactly what I want." Dahlia said, crossing her hooves one hoof over another, shaking her head as she shifted her gaze over to her assistant, who she then began to address. She curled her lip as she mumbled something into the ear of her dreary assistant.

"Yes ma'am." The mystery mare replied, her sleepy gaze turning to the three ponies. One began speaking in quick succession. The mare used her horn to remove the cloth from his mouth, causing him to cough violently, his body reacting very roughly to the esophageal assault. A small amount of blood leaked out of his mouth as he started to make more sense of himself.

"What exactly do you want?! You can't expect us to give you what you want when we don't even know can you?!" Dynamo choked out under a sore throat as he held back solemn tears of pain.

"What we want?" Replied the unnamed mare, who looked back to her boss with a quizzical look plastered onto her face. Dahlia returned the same look, but quickly overcame the shocked attitude and opened her mouth slowly.

"We don't want our lord caught." A voice said before Dahlia could utter out those same words. From the darker corner of the house came a gray furred pony with green and light lemon mane walked into the room and ugh an authoritative look on his face. He wore the same Kira robe and a police badge attached to the upper right corner.

"Lord Starshooter." The two ponies greeted the mysterious pony, getting into a Bowing sort of position as if peasants greeting a king.

"It's rare for anyone to truly understand the will of our lord. He is meaning no harm to society, and is doing what is best for it in fact. His ideals are the only thing keeping the world afloat today. Today's world was filled with nothing but violence and hatred. And look at it now. He has replaced those feelings with the next best alternative: death. Some foolishness only death can cure. And if you haven't noticed by now, Kira's medication is curing the violence in this putrid world." Starshooter spoke with a slight lisp, making his voice a little less intimidating, but his words still cut into the air as if a samurai was attempting to slice their very hope into a thousand pieces.

It was difficult for the group to comprehend what Starshooter was saying. What he was saying made perfect sense, but at the same time what he was saying was definitely wrong. Yes Kira was ridding the world of all of the bad, but by doing something bad? Evil is still evil, even when eradicating another evil. But what...what is justice in that sense? What if only evil can stamp out evil and not the other way around? Would that magically make him right? Is Kira right?

"And since you three specifically keep getting in my brothers' way. Which one of you are to die first?"

Author's Note:

Not so long but hey, it's something