• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 1,078 Views, 71 Comments

Death Note: Alight Equestria - DeviousNights



"No matter how smart you are, you alone cannot change the world". This is contrary to the beliefs of Maj. Nightmare Moonlit, who plans to do just that with a mysterious black notebook.

  • ...
7
 71
 1,078

Gods Are Vicious In the Night


Sweet Pen ran for dear life, but only got a few yards or so before crashing into a shadow. The shadow went flying a few feet, landing on its back. It quickly sprang upwards and pushed Sweet Pen to the ground, constricting her throat with one hoof. The form seemed like a stallion--their body shape and grip were different than that of a mare’s. She could overpower most stallions, but this one was stronger than she had expected.

"Scream, and I will kill you more painfully." the stallion threatened. Sweet Pen could make out nothing but the vague shape of this pony and his light green eyes. His voice sounded familiar--a unique tone that only one pony she knew had.

"Colonel Pap--" she managed to squeal out, before the Colonel briskly put two hooves on both sides of her neck and stepped on her torso with his back hooves. His wings spread outward, making his shadow look more intimidating.

Trojan quickly started to wring her neck. She struggled and gasped for breath, but Trojan was stronger than he came off to be. He wrestled her downward, putting Sweet Pen in a position so that she could not move anymore. She snapped at him and let her bat instincts take over for a moment, but it was to no avail. He forced one hoof onto a pressure point on her back and another on her neck. Sweet Pen gagged and began to foam at the mouth before something unexpected happened.
Suddenly, Trojan's bright green eyes darkened as his eyes went wide. His body froze as if he was stuck in time. Shocked, Sweet Pen took the opportunity to toss Trojan off of her. His hoof went to his chest as he squinted his eyes and crumpled to the ground. He convulsed for a few seconds or so before finally losing consciousness. Sweet Pen backed away, severely shaken up. A pony had just died in front of her, and she had seen a freak monster, all in the same night?

She decided it was best she didn't walk home tonight--or fly for that matter. She walked back to the hotel that Spark was staying in. She planned on contacting Commissioner Heaveswood about this in the morning hours. She was sure he was with his children right now, anyway, and didn’t want to disturb him. She retrieved a room key and walked up the stairs.
“A-7…”

A dark form moved deeper into the shadows of the hotel alley. The stallion in a police uniform pushed up his glasses. The moon’s reflection shone off the lenses, revealing only a half of one of his eyes.
“Whoever ‘Kira’ is…” they mumbled, "they’ll be proud of my work." He took off his glasses to reveal shining red eyes, made even brighter by the moonlight. The stallion had a menacing smile on his face as he flipped his ponytail behind his shoulder.

“No one will ever expect a thing... after all, the chief security officer for the armed forces... and I'm in charge of the next city?” he grinned.

“With these Shinigami eyes… even our ‘god’ will find me of use.” he looked towards a Shinigami floating next to him.

“Silpheed. Come.” the stallion commanded, walking into the shadows as a towering figure followed him.
“Yes.” Silpheed quietly sighed and followed the pony, her six black wings flapping in unison.
"Of course, all I have to do now is find this Kira, and our alliance will be unstoppable. We will show this world true fear. With my position and his strategy, no one will stop it.” the stallion got more and more excited as he talked his way through his plan. “The damnation of the entire pony race has come! And anyone--anyone who gets in our way will die.”

Silpheed looked at him solemnly. It was apparent that she didn’t agree with the way this stallion was using the notebook at all. Their forms grew smaller and smaller as they continued through the darkened woods, until they disappeared completely.

Colonel Dynamo slept in Colonel Aryan's bed peacefully. He was banged up badly from taking two different beatings in one day. She had allowed him to sleep in her bed just this once.
Dynamo rolled over in his sleep, placing a hoof over his head momentarily, before violently twitching and putting his hoof back down. He rolled back over, facing Aryan, before his breathing returned to normal and began quietly snoring. Aryan smiled at this.

Aryan kissed his forehead and walked to the baby cradle that housed her child. She picked him up and held him tightly. He was cold. Nothing a simple blanket wouldn't fix. She put him back in the cradle, wrapping him in two layers of blankets. Lasagna didn’t breathe, just like every other night. Nothing a little imagination couldn't fix. Aryan wept.

~

A white-coated doctor rushed through the halls of the infirmary, levitating a clipboard. He slipped past nurses, stretchers, and resuscitators, muttering "excuse me" absently. The doctor pushed open two large doors that led to an operation table with a green unicorn on it, nurses surrounding him. The nurses took off the green pony’s uniform and gave him chest compressions. Another nurse attached a plastic mouthpiece over his muzzle for mouth-to-mouth rescue.

"When did you all find him?" the doctor demanded, giving a signal for them to back off. He pulled his stethoscope out and put it against the stallion's chest. Thank Celestia, he could hear a faint beating. The nurses, despite his command, kept working. Understandable--the pony was barely breathing.
"Keep working on him!" The nurses instantly obeyed and continued the chest compressions. He turned backwards and stroked his chin, squinting his eyes in deep thought.
The doctor knew that a horse had one of the strongest hearts of any animal, and knowing Colonel Heaveswood personally, he knew he was a strong stallion. If anyone should be able to survive such a massive heart attack, he'd put his bits on him. His strength physically and mentally were ridiculous, but weren’t surprising, considering who his character was, and what he had been through.
The doctor walked outside, his doctor’s coat flowing behind him. Two twin foals slept in the waiting room, one on top of the other. He smiled and patted their heads. Their dad should be all right. They moved ever so slightly, their breathing unsteady from sobbing in their sleep. They must've been worried sick. He removed his hoof and turned back around, filled with determination. He had to bring their father back for them. He turned around and trotted back to the large room, the lights blaring harshly into his face. He looked towards the table to see Heaveswood's outstretched body.
Colonel Heaveswood's breathing had come back, but he was still somewhat unable to move. His eyes fluttered ever so slightly. He tilted his head the best he could to look at the team that had just successfully brought him back from the light.

"Okay, everyone, nice work." the doctor concluded, clapping his hooves together. He signaled the nurses to leave the premises and to provide their assistance elsewhere. They filed out of the cold room and left in different directions. Most went towards the intensive care unit. He sat in a swivel chair located to the right of the good Colonel. Colonel Heaveswood shifted his head towards the doctor and smirked. He recognized that face. He would from anywhere.

"Siegfried... is that you?" he murmured, smiling. Siegfried was an old friend of his. They had had biochemistry with each other back in the college days and used to cheat off each other's tests, though no one would have expected either of them to fall to such a low act.
“Yeah, Heaveswood. You just suffered a major heart attack.” Siegfried mumbled nervously, attempting to stretch his point without causing panic. His friend panicking at a time like this was the last thing that needed to happen.

“W--what? But--”

“Stop yourself, you don't need any more stress. However, I’ll answer your concern, seeing as I believe I already know what it is. No, it doesn't seem like it was Kira's doing, otherwise you’d be dead right now. It seems to be a stress-and-depression-induced heart attack.” he said, tapping his chin.
"That's… I don't want to say good, but it's good to know it wasn't Kira. And my children... they are all right, right?" Heaveswood asked, worried.

"Yes, actually, they discovered you. They thought you were joking at first, but noticed that you wouldn't move after they tried to get a response out of you. It must have been quite scarring, honestly. They carried you down a flight of stairs and a few blocks before somepony found them. You have some really good fillies, H." Siegfried smiled at the touching situation. It was one of the things that gave him hope in a world full of death. Colonel Heaveswood smiled, a single tear escaping from him as he turned his head. It was just another thing that would keep him going.

"Due to this heart attack, however, I don't want you working on the Kira case."

"What? Why?" he exclaimed, clenching his chest a bit.

"Calm yourself... See, this is exactly why I don't want you working on it. You need to stay off your hooves for at least a week. I'm sure the other officers can handle this."

"But... I'm the commissioner!"

"Speaking of police matters, aside from your kids, there's somepony here to see you." Siegfried said, using his free hoof to open the door to the room. A white unicorn mare with a luxurious purple mane walked into the room, the fur around her eyes noticeably darker from crying.
“And what do I owe the pleasure of an Element of Harmony?” Heaveswood asked in a welcoming, yet tough tone. He had to ease up on his “police officer persona.”

“Hello, Colonel Heaveswood. I have a crime I would like to report.”

Author's Note:

I have to wonder. How many refer neves have you guys caught on to? I'm curious.