• Published 26th Jul 2016
  • 1,075 Views, 71 Comments

Death Note: Alight Equestria - DeviousNights



"No matter how smart you are, you alone cannot change the world". This is contrary to the beliefs of Maj. Nightmare Moonlit, who plans to do just that with a mysterious black notebook.

  • ...
7
 71
 1,075

The Contendors

Nightmare stumbled outside of the large, white colored facility with a annoyed frown on his face. He passed by the front sign which proudly proclaimed "Best Hopes Hospital Hoovington Branch- 'Where your best hopes lie'". He looked as torn up as he ever did, with his wing haphazardly stitched to his sides, even though one of them was somewhat in a working use as evident by how Nightmare could somewhat move it, twitching it with the winds. A wrap concealed his left eye, giving him a somewhat ominous presence, as if the permanent scowl that resided on his face was not enough.

The world outside had not changed much in the two days that he had been hospitalized after the cave bombing incident. A detective came to speak to him the day before, but said detective seemed very incompetent to Nightmare, so he decided against giving him any sort of useful information, knowing that even if he did it would not help the situation in the slightest. What he was doing there also would not help his case, especially since he was still trying to keep low key about being Kira, though the wings of his were becoming harder to explain as the days came on. Nightmare whisked some pesky mane follicles from out of his face as he began to face the direction of the wind.

The sun's rays beamed through a plethora of dark clouds, a contrast to what Equestria is normally like, especially the humid, sunny environment of Hoovington. Nightmare shook his head and thought nothing of it, walking outwards towards the winding road that lead up to the hospital.

His doctor didn't specifically say he could leave, but he figured that he would be paying them for no reason if he stayed when he felt as if nothing more was wrong. He was running low on money anyways, he had been shagging work for the past three weeks. Killing and working a full time job as a prosecutor did not mesh very well.

Nightmare walked straight on the road, not terribly worried about where he would end up, and took in the nature surrounding him, seeming to refresh his mind. The birds chirping, the small sunlit rays, the green, lush, prairie that surrounded him was all comforting to him as he had not had much of a chance to wind back. Killing, then not getting caught in the act was a 25/8 job in itself, and he did not get much sunlight unless he had to.

Nightmares hooves began to crunch into the grass and gravel below. Every now and again, Nightmare found himself wondering if what he was doing was just. Getting rid of the worlds criminals was of course a good deed, but to sacrifice Rarity for his own usage was his only regret. Her image and likelihood would pop into his mind almost out of nowhere, and he occasionally saw apparitions of her as he went about his normal day.

"I am justice Rarity!" Nightmare screeched, his hooves giving way as he crumpled to the ground, now seeing her apparition once again in front of him. This time, she looked as if she was cloaked in a wedding veil and had a small foul wrapped in her hooves as she looked at Nightmare with tears streaming down her face.

"Why...?"

Rarity's voice hit Nightmare like a stray truck headed for a poor inattentive raccoon. Nightmare clutched his temples with his hooves as he le out a roar before slamming his right hoof into the soft dirt in front of him, ignoring the great pain now pulsating through his body as rain began to solemnly fall, at first a few drops, then becoming an average storm. Nightmare's eyes grew wide as he attempted to fight back the morality that was clawing at the insides of his brain.

Is it really just to take the life of another pony even if that pony is a danger to society?

"There is but one answer to that question Rarity! Yes it is completely just! I am the chosen one! I am the prophet that will become the God of this world! Who else is going to change this but me? Who else is going to rid this world of killers but me? Who else is going to rid this world of thieves but me? I AM THE ONLY HOPE THIS WORLD HAS! What do you not understand about that?" Nightmare stood back on his hooves, letting the dirt fall back slowly to the Earth it had originally came from. "Fuck your guilt Rarity. Fuck our future we could have had together. Fuck our foal. FUCK IT ALL! You think I would sacrifice the future of this world for the sake of two ponies, one of which wasn't even born?! You think what I am doing is selfish?! No!! What YOU wanted me to do was selfish. What I am doing is justice. And this all ends now. I shall show you the Ultimate Justice. I will eliminate every source of evil and wrongdoing in this world. This ends now Rarity. Watch me from whatever pit of hell that your haunting me from. Watch me as I send more people your way Rarity! YOU HEAR ME?! WATCH ME!!!!"

Ryuuk appeared from behind a nearby tree, looking onto Nightmare with his normally blank stare.

"I think he's lost it."

Comments ( 3 )

getting caught in the act was a 25/8 job in itself

It's actually 24/7, I don't know if it's a mistake or not, but I just wanted to point it out

8230917
Damn its been awhile...nah that was him exaggerating. Ill get back on the next chapter tomorrow though. So many other things happening.

8974556
I go with his japanese esque name. In those scripts its written as Ryuuk as short for Ryuku, why i dont know

Login or register to comment