• Published 19th May 2016
  • 5,786 Views, 108 Comments

Paladin Anon - The7thElement



Sit back and relax as I tell you of the journey of a knight of Equestria who goes by the name of Anon.

  • ...
36
 108
 5,786

A short filler.


“Good to see that you’ve finally awoken.” The familiar voice of Celestia said filling Anon’s ears as he awoke.

“Morning.” He said rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

“I’m sorry to say but you’re wrong it isn’t morning.” Celestia replied.

“What do you mean?” Anon asked his mind still half asleep.

“It’s 4 in the afternoon.” Celestia said getting Anon’s mind to finally awaken fully. “It’s also good to see that you and Luna enjoyed last night.”

It was then that Anon realized that he was still in Luna’s bed, he had also come to realize what that warm feeling in his side was as when he looked down he saw the still asleep Luna hugging his side with a smile on her face. “Um.” Was all Anon could say at the time.

“If you’re worried about me being angry about you sleeping with my sister don’t worry I’m not mad.” Celestia said in her calming motherly tone. “Sort of suspected this might happen.” She said gesturing to her still sleeping sister.

“Why am I still asleep?” Anon asked before Alpha teleported into the room. “I thought I told you to wake me up if I slept in.”

“If you wish to blame anyone as to why you slept in you can blame Discord.” Celestia said getting Anon’s whole form to freeze at the sudden revelation.

“And why would I blame the glorified garden gnome?” Anon asked getting a small smile to emerge of Celestia’s muzzle.

“He broke free of his stone prison. Luckily Twilight and the other Elements of Harmony managed to defeat him.” She said getting a glare from Anon.

“You sent Twi up against Discord?” Anon hissed at her.

“Don’t worry she’s perfectly fine. And before you ask Discord had made an enchantment that kept me from coming here and waking you up. He also put Alpha into a deep sleep.” Celestia explained before levitating a blue book in front of Anon. “Besides I knew that Twilight wouldn’t fail.”

“Wait so you mean?” Anon asked looking to the book.

“Yes the prophecy is coming true.” Celestia said before making the book disappear.

“Okay then.” Anon said before moving to get up before finding himself being stopped by Luna hugging his side. “Anything you want me to do for the day?” Anon asked as Celestia made her way towards the room’s exit.

“As of now no. Have the day off. And that’s an order.” She said before leaving the room.

“Great.” Anon said before turning to Alpha. “You going to go after her or not?” With that said Alpha disappeared in a small flash of light.

“Anon what was that?” The tired voice of Luna said to Anon as the flash from Alpha’s teleport woke her up.

“I’ll explain later.” Anon said before lying back down. “For now just go back to sleep.”

A few days had passed since Discord’s defeat. During that time Celestia had made her way to Saddle Arabia to collect a few dignitaries to show them around Equestria to promote peace between the two nations.

Whilst she was gone Luna ruled over Equestria with the help of Raven and Anon. During this time, she had established that she was no longer Nightmare Moon amongst the citizens of Canterlot thanks to the advice that she open up her own court from Moonlight.

“Do you really have to go?” Luna asked Anon as she prepared for Night Court.

“Don’t worry, I’m only going to be gone for an hour at most.” Anon said as he finished putting on his armor.

“Explain again why you have to go to Ponyville.” Luna said as Anon mentally debated whether or not to wear his helmet.

“Because Celestia, wishes for me to give a status report on what has happened in her absence.” Anon said before making his helmet disappear in a flash of light. “Anyway how has your search for a student going so far?” Anon asked remembering when Luna had come to him suggesting she get a student to teach.

“Not well. Most of the ponies that I’ve seen only wish to be my student for the power they’d get.” Luna said with a sigh at the thought of her not getting a student.

“Well that’s the Canterlot nobles for you.” Anon said with a chuckle. “How about this while I’m in Ponyville I’ll keep an eye out for anypony that’d like to be your student.”

“Alright then.” Luna said before letting out a whistle. “Y’know it’s only now I realize how good you look in a suit of armor.”

“What so I don’t look good without the armor? Because if I remember correctly a few night ago you were very glad I wasn’t wearing any armor.” Anon said causing Luna’s face to become slightly red from her blush. “Well I’ll be off then.” Anon said.

“Oh no you don’t!” Luna said cancelling his magic. Before Anon could ask why he found his voice halted by Luna pulling him into a kiss. “For good luck.” She said before letting go of him. “Oh and Anon if you can I’d like for my student to be a mare.” Luna said getting a nod from Anon before he disappeared in a flash of light.

“Weird I don’t remember Ponyville having a shield around it.” Anon said aloud as he arrived on the outskirts of Ponyville staring at a red dome that he covered the town. “Strange.” Anon said to himself as he raised his hand placing it on the barrier.

What happened next had Anon reel back as he felt a wave of dark energy flow up his hand. This wave however was no random dark energy but a dark energy that he had felt a thousand years ago. The dark magic of one Alicorn Amulet. “What the hell?!” Anon exclaimed as he saw ripples appear in the barrier from where his hand had made contact. “Okay then. Guess I am going to need my helmet.” Anon said before his helmet appeared in his outstretched hands.

As Anon placed the helmet on he had taken a few steps towards the barrier before raising a fist to the shield. He then sent his fist flying into the barrier with a force of powerful magic behind it causing the barrier to shatter where his fist had impacted and the rest of the shield to begin to slowly collapse and dissipate. “Let’s get to work.” Anon said before making his way into the town.

Meanwhile outside of Ponyville’s Town Hall

“What the…” Was all Trixie could say as she saw her shield around Ponyville slowly collapse. The next thing she knew she felt a burning pain in her chest, right under the place Alicorn Amulet sat.

In a scream of agony, she pulled the Amulet off of her and threw it a few feet in front of her. “Now Dash!” Twilight yelled as her friend dashed from her spot hovering a few feet above the once dueling unicorns to grab the Alicorn Amulet so Trixie couldn’t try to put it back on.

“Here ya go Twi.” Dash said handing the Amulet to her friend.

“Thanks Dash.” Twilight replied before letting her gaze turn to the Amulet. “Now to get rid of this.” She said before her horn began to give off a glow that soon encased the Amulet.

“I don’t advise that.” A voice called out from behind Twilight.

Before Twilight could turn to see the source of the familiar voice she found herself occupied with trying to keep the Amulet within her magical grip. “Hey let go!” She yelled out. “You don’t know what this thing is!” She exclaimed before finding herself dragged to what she guessed to be the source of the voice along with the Amulet.

“I know a lot more about it than you little one.” It was then that Twilight realized that she had found the source of the voice to be what seemed like a suit of armor she knew only one creature would have.

“Anon?” She asked looking up to the draconic mask of Anon’s suit of armor.

“Yes. Now let go of the Amulet, Twilight.” As soon as those words left Anon’s mouth Twilight immediately dropped her magical grip on the Amulet. “Good to see you again Twilight.” Anon said as he put the Amulet in a pouch on his armor’s belt.

“It’s great to see you too Anon!” Twilight exclaimed before jumping up to give Anon a hug. “What are you doing here?”

“Here to see Celestia when she arrives.” Anon said before looking over Twilight’s shoulder to see Trixie examining her chest where the Amulet had burned her. “If you would excuse me for a sec Twi.” Anon said placing Twilight back on the ground.

As Anon walked towards Trixie who seemed to be on the edge of crying he saw the other Elements of Harmony a few feet away from the unicorn. “You okay?” Anon asked as he knelt down to Trixie’s level.

As soon as Anon entered Trixie’s view her breath caught in her throat. “What are you?” She asked Anon.

“Are you okay?” Anon asked ignoring her question.

“I’m fine.” Trixie said trying to compose herself in the face of this strange creature. This didn’t work too well as when she tried to straighten herself a prick of pain spread through her chest where the Amulet had burned her.

“I’ll take that as a no.” Anon said before raising a hand to Trixie’s chest. “Now I want you to take in a deep breath and clear your mind.” Anon said calmly before extending his magic through his finger tips to heal Trixie’s burn. After a few seconds Anon removed his hand. “That better?” He asked.

“That does. What did you do?” Trixie asked as Anon stood back onto his feet.

“Merely healed your burn. And to answer your earlier question I am Anon.” Anon responded giving a small bow before turning back to Twilight. “Twi who exactly was wearing the Alicorn Amulet?”

“That’d be me.” Trixie said getting Anon’s gaze to turn back to her. “I was the one who used that thing.”

“Good to hear.” Anon said before waving Trixie towards him. “If I could talk to you for a moment.” Anon said before walking a few feet away.

After swallowing a lump that Trixie hadn’t realized was sitting in her throat she got back onto her hooves and followed Anon. “Look if you’re going to punish me then let’s get it over with.”

“Punishment?” Anon said with a chuckle. “No I will not be punishing you. I merely wish to ask you a few questions Miss?”

“Trixie. The Great and Powerful Trixie to be precise.” Trixie said raising her head slightly before letting it drop. “Although after what I did today I don’t deserve that title.”

“I wouldn’t go giving up on that title yet Miss Trixie.” Anon said. “Now for my questions. My first one is where did you get the Alicorn Amulet?”

“A shop in Lower Canterlot.” Trixie said.

“Not a surprise seeing as how quite a few shifty things happen there.” Anon said before looking back to Trixie. “Now for my second question. Why did you get the Amulet?”

It was then that Trixie’s head sank lower to the ground. “Because I wanted to beat Twilight in a magical duel. I didn’t want to do anything bad but the Amulet put those ideas in my head.”

“Of placing a shield around Ponyville and by the looks of the banners you were in the process of establishing yourself as leader of Ponyville?” Anon asked getting a nod from Trixie. “Believe me you could’ve done a lot worse seeing as how that Amulet belonged to a tyrannical king who enslaved his own empire.”

“Okay then.” Trixie said before something that Anon had said before crept into her memory. “Anon exactly what do you mean by I shouldn’t give up on my title of Great and Powerful?”

“Well this isn’t the first I have heard of you Trixie. The first time I had heard of you was when Twilight had sent a letter to Celestia detailing of your first visit to Ponyville. She spoke quite highly of your proficiency with illusionary spells which isn’t a surprise seeing as you’re a magician.”

“She really spoke of me like that?” Trixie asked.

“She did. But back to my point of why you shouldn’t give up on your title of Great and Powerful. You’ve heard of Princess Luna correct?” Anon asked getting a nod from Trixie. “Well for the past few days she has been looking for an apprentice, and I believe that you fit that bill.”

“R-really?” Trixie asked wondering if she had heard Anon correctly.

“Really. However, you will have to go through a trial period to see whether or not you meet Princess Luna’s approval.”

“Alright then.” Trixie said confidence and hope in her voice.

“Now don’t go getting your hopes up yet.” Anon said killing Trixie’s confidence. “I first want to know why you would wish to be Princess Luna’s student.”

That was not something Trixie had expected. ‘Why do I want to be Princess Luna’s student?’ She thought to herself. A few reasons ran through her mind, for one she could use this as a chance to rise through the ranks of pony society, another was that she could learn new techniques new things that she could use against those who had done her wrong. But one reason stuck out above the rest. “Because I want to redeem myself for what I have done.” Trixie said.

“Good to hear.” Anon said. “Now how do you feel about coming back to Canterlot tonight?”

“Tonight?!” Trixie exclaimed.

“Yes tonight.”

“Um how exactly would we get there? I don’t think any trains run at this time of night.” Trixie said unsure if she wished to leave immediately.

“Trains do run this late but I was thinking a more direct way.” Anon replied. “Besides we don’t have to leave right this instant.” Anon said noticing a familiar golden carriage in the distant night sky. “I still have business to attend to.”

“Hold up there buddy!” Dash said to Anon as he made his way towards Princess Celestia and the Saddle Arabian delegates. “We got a lot of talking to do.”

“As much as I’d love to chat with you and the rest of Twilight’s friends Miss Dash I have some important business to attend to.” Anon replied to her casually walking away from the group of Twilight’s friends as Twilight and Trixie performed a magical show for the Princess and the delegates.

“Ah’m sorry to say but you have quite a few questions to answer for us and we ain’t waitin.” AJ said stepping in front of Anon.

“And I shall answer those at a later date Miss Applejack. Now before I do sidestep you and continue on my path towards the Princess I would like to say one thing to you.” Anon said stopping in front of AJ.

“And what would that be?” AJ asked.

“I merely wish to say thank you for sticking by Twilight’s side and helping her defeat Discord.” Anon said before proceeding to sidestep around AJ.

“Well that was interesting.” Rarity said as her and the others joined AJ.

“Interesting’s one word for it.” Dash said to Rarity as they watched Anon talk to Celestia and the delegates. “Just who exactly does he think he is to just avoid us like that.”

“It is not his fault he has to avoid you and the others Rainbow Dash.” The familiar voice of Zecora said to the group as her and Spike joined Twilight’s friends. “But don’t worry you shall get the opportunity to talk to him later that I am certain of.”

“But why won’t he talk to us Zecora dear?” Rarity asked.

“Is it because some writer doesn’t have any ideas for questions we could ask Anon, so he keeps Anon away from us?” Pinkie said getting looks of confusion from everyone but Zecora. “What? It’s just a theory.”

“Unfortunately but I have to disagree with your theory Pinkie Pie. It is not for the reason you stated he has been avoiding you and your friends but it is because fate will not allow him to interact with you more that of a short few sentences.”

“Well whatever reason he doesn’t talk to us at least I got an answer to one of my questions.” AJ said catching the eye of everyone else.

“And what would that be AJ if you don’t mind me asking.” Fluttershy asked.

“Well I at least know he cares about Twi.” AJ said getting a glare from Spike.

“Of course he cares about Twilight, AJ.” Spike said before jumping off Zecora’s back. “Especially seeing as how Twi and I see him like a dad.”

“A dad why would you two see him as a dad?” Dash asked.

“Well he’s known Twi most of her life and he’s known me all of mine. He’s always been there for us when we lived in Canterlot.”

“That sounds very sweet Spikey-Wikey.” Rarity said.

“Okay then. So what do you think he’s doing with Trixie?” Dash said raising a hoof to see Anon make Trixie’s wagon disappear in a flash.

“I don’t know Dash but I don’t think we should interrupt.” AJ said before noticing Twilight approaching.

“So you ready to go?” Anon asked Trixie as she stood slack jawed at seeing her wagon gone in a flash of light.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” She said giving a nod to Anon to emphasize her point.

“Good to hear. Off to Canterlot we go.” Anon said before the duo disappeared in a flash.