• Published 19th May 2016
  • 5,785 Views, 108 Comments

Paladin Anon - The7thElement



Sit back and relax as I tell you of the journey of a knight of Equestria who goes by the name of Anon.

  • ...
36
 108
 5,785

Triple Date Night Pt 1

“And you’re certain he is gone?” Celestia asked Anon as he stood in the throne room having returned to Canterlot from the Crystal Empire a day ago. Twilight and Cadance begging him to stay in the Empire for a day so they could catch up and so that Anon could recover from his injuries.

“Yeah. Spike placing the Crystal Heart back on it’s pedestal at the base of the Crystal Palace caused a large wave of magic to flow through the Empire. Once this wave hit Sombra he was overwhelmed by the amount of energy being used to purge the darkness from him he exploded.” Anon replied getting a slow nod from Celestia.

“Well then it seems congratulations are in order Anon. You’ve done a great service to Equestria yet again. Now then for your reward how about a couple of days off work?”

“Sounds great.” Anon said before turning to leave the throne room. “Have fun attending to the nobles Tia.” Anon said with a smirk before leaving. ‘Now then to go pay Calcifer a visit.’ Anon thought to himself before making his way to Calcifer’s room.

“And that’s how you ended up here.” Calcifer said.

“Yep that’s how I ended up here.” Anon said with a nod having finished telling his tale to Calcifer.

“And why exactly did you come here again? Not that I don’t enjoy your company Anon, just that I’d like a reason.” Calcifer said getting another nod from Anon before he pulled out the small pouch which held Sombra’s horn.

“I need your help getting rid of this.” Anon said before removing the horn from the bag.

“A horn?” Calcifer said raising an eyebrow at the curved appendage.

“Not just any horn. The horn of the late King Sombra.” Anon said chuckling slightly at Calcifer’s expression.

“That’s Sombra’s horn!” Aurora called out as she entered the room a small tray following her in her magic. “Have you told Princess Celestia about it?”

“No. Don’t need her or Luna worrying about this.” Anon said before turning to look Aurora in the eyes. “Correct me if I’m wrong Aurora but you wouldn’t happen to know a thing or two about surgery would you?”

“I know the basics, I also know a few body sculpting and modifier spells. Why?” Aurora asked before Anon decided to lift up his shirt to show a scar where Sombra’s scythe had pierced him.

“I need you to open me up and remove a rib.” Anon said getting Aurora’s face to turn slightly pale.

“You need me to what?” Aurora asked before setting the tray in her magical grip on Calcifer’s desk.

“I need you to open my scar and remove a loose rib.” Anon said getting Aurora to give a few nods.

“Okay gimme a sec. It’s been a while since I’ve done this sort of thing.” She said taking in deep breaths before summoning up a small book.

“Wait a second, didn’t you see a doctor after you dealt with Sombra?” Calcifer asked Anon as Aurora’s horn began to glow.

“Um I’m going to need to put you under.” She said getting Anon to shake his head.

“Know any pain numbing spells?” Anon asked getting a nod from Aurora. “Just hit me with one of those.” He said getting another nod from Aurora before he felt his body go numb. After he could barely feel his fingers he turned back to Calcifer. “I did seek a doctor just so you know. He healed the damage inside me thanks to quite a few healing spells. Unfortunately, I had the wound shut with plasma so he couldn’t really open the wound to get a better look at the damage. Henceforth they couldn’t really remove the bone.”

“So how is Aurora going to open the wound then?” Calcifer asked before hearing a tearing sound.

“She’s a smart girl. And by the sounds of it she’s figured out a way to open the wound. Nice job Aurora.” Anon said flashing the mare a smile. “Now then you do know what a rib looks like correct?”

“Um yeah.” Aurora said before going quiet her tongue sticking out the side of her muzzle. “I think I got it.” She said before pulling out a bloody half of a rib.

“There it is.” Anon said before reaching out a hand to remove the bone from Aurora’s magical grip. “Now then you don’t mind sealing the wound back up.”

“Course not.” Aurora said before summoning up a needle and spool of string. “Hopefully I haven’t lost my touch for sewing.”

“Hopefully not.” Anon muttered under his breath.

“What was that Anon?” Calcifer asked with a chuckle.

“Calcifer you haven’t seen Anon have you?” The voice of Celestia rang throughout the room as Calcifer’s front door was pushed open as Celestia walked into the room. “Oh nevermind.” She said after seeing the sight before her.

“Not one for knocking I see Celestia.” Anon said as Aurora was frozen at the sudden appearance of Celestia. “Hey Aurora do you mind finishing up the stitching I’d like to not get blood on Calcifer’s floor.”

“Oh yeah. Sure thing.” Aurora said turning back to her needle.

“Seems like your enjoying your vacation.” She said with a smile before seeing the rib in Anon grip. “Um Anon, don’t you need that?” She asked with a small smile.

“Nah not really. Doctors in the Crystal Empire gave me some sort of drink to regenerate the bone that Sombra decided to break in half. This here is the broken half.” Anon said gesturing to the bone in question.

“And done.” Aurora said before stepping away from Anon’s new stiches her horn igniting causing the tray she had brought in to float off of Calcifer’s desk. “Who wants something to eat?” She asked as she showed off a small platter of sandwiches on the tray.

“No thanks.” Anon said meanwhile Calcifer and Celestia taking a sandwich eat.

“Thank you Aurora.” Celestia said before noticing Sombra’s horn which was sitting still with a small red glow emanating from the core of it. “Is that?”

“Sombra’s horn. Was about to help Calcifer get rid of it.” Anon said before the horn was gone in a flash of yellow light. “Where?” Anon asked.

“The sun.” Celestia said with a wicked grin. “Now then Anon, I need your help with something.”

“Sure thing what’s up?” Anon replied.

“It’s something that I need to discuss with you in private.” Celestia said getting a nod from Anon before turning to Calcifer and Aurora. “I must thank you Aurora dear for the snack.”

“Oh it’s no problem Princess.” Aurora said with a smile.

“Well in any case I still thank you. Now then Anon let’s be off.” Celestia said her horn giving off a bright glow which enveloped Anon.

“Bye guys.” Anon said to Calcifer and Aurora with a wave before disappearing in a yellow flash.

“So then Anon care to explain why you kept Sombra’s horn a secret?” Celestia said as the duo reappeared in Anon’s lounge room.

“You seemed like you were busy. Besides I’ve dealt with disposing of objects infused with dark magic before.” Anon said as he took a seat on his couch. “Besides I had Calcifer there to help me.”

“A good point I suppose.” Celestia said as she joined Anon on the couch. “If anything went wrong he and Aurora would’ve saved your flank.” Celestia chuckled.

“Thanks for having faith in me.” Anon said with a smirk. “So then exactly what is it you want to talk to me about?”

“Well it’s something personal.”

“So this information isn’t leaving the room then?” Anon asked getting a nod. “Got it.”

“Anon, I’m in love.” Celestia said deciding to cut to the chase. “And I don’t know what to do.”

“Celestia, don’t get me wrong I’m glad to hear that but maybe you should be talking to someone else about this. Cadance would be a better source of help.”

“That isn’t a good idea considering who I’m in love with.” Celestia said getting a look of confusion from Anon.

“So then you going to tell me who it is or not?”

“Do I have to?” Celestia asked.

“No you don’t but could you maybe tell me whether they’re a mare or stallion.” Anon asked.

“They are a mare.” Celestia said getting Anon to let out a sigh of relief he didn’t know he was holding in.

“Thank Faust for that.” Anon said.

“What? Is it a problem for me to date a stallion?” Celestia said.

“No it isn’t. It’s just that I wouldn’t be able to help you much.” Anon said before realizing something. “Y’know it’d be a big help if you told me who it was that you had feelings for.” Anon said getting an unamused look from Celestia.

“Fine I’ll tell you.” She said letting out a sigh of defeat. “It’s Chrysalis.”

“Oh.” Anon said giving a nod at this revelation. “I can see why you can’t go to Cadance. But I’m sure that if you explained to Cadance, how much you care for Chrysalis I’m sure that she’ll understand.”

“Maybe.” Celestia said before a grin sprung onto her face. “But only if you help me.”

“Fine then.” Anon said before seeing Celestia’s horn glow. “I’m guessing we aren’t taking the train to the Empire.”

“You guess correctly.” Celestia replied her horn becoming brighter.

“Fine just gimme a sec.” Anon said before getting back to his feet, his eye giving off a cyan glow. “Okay let’s go.”

“Let me guess told Alpha about our trip?” Celestia said getting a nod from Anon. “Good to hear don’t want Luna worrying too much that we’re gone.” She said before her horn gave off a glow so bright Anon had to cover his eyes. When he reopened them he found himself in a room that he didn’t recognize, the only thing standing out to him was the form of a sleeping Cadance as she slept on a stack of papers on an oak desk.

“Hey Celestia think next time you teleport me you refrain from blinding me.” Anon said getting a chuckle from Celestia.

“Sorry that a teleport across half of Equestria takes so much energy.” She said before her eyes drifted to see the sleeping Cadance. “Aww isn’t she adorable.” Celestia cooed as she walked over to her niece’s side. “Doesn’t this bring back memories Anon?”

“It does.” Anon said his magic working to levitate Cadance off the desk and into his arms. “Although I don’t remember her studies involving brining an empire into the modern times.” Anon said as he saw all the different plans that Cadance had drawn up to help integrating the Crystal Ponies into modern society easier.

“A fair point.” Celestia said as she looked over the work. “Although if I remember at the time Cadance was instead researching on how to govern a country along with anything related to love.”

“Well it’s a good thing you taught her how to govern a country. Although I don’t think she was expecting anything like this to happen to her.” Anon said as he saw a nearby bed in the room his mind realizing that he and Celestia were in Cadance and Shining’s room.

“So then you going to put her on the bed or are you going to let her sleep in your arms?” Celestia said as she continued to look through Cadance’s work.

“What am I not aloud to remember the good old days?” Anon said before laying Cadance on the bed.

“Of course you are Anon. I just wish to get this meeting over and done with.” Celestia said a small hint of dread in her voice.

“Hey don’t worry I’m sure Cadance will understand.” Anon said as he walked to Celestia’s side placing a hand on her withers getting her to calm down.

“Urgh my head.” Cadance groaned out as she slowly woke up.

“Morning Cadance.” Anon said as Cadance saw him and Celestia.

“Auntie Celestia, Anon? What are you doing here?” Cadance asked before letting out a yawn as she began to wake up.

“Well Cadance we came here to save you from covering your work in drool.” Celestia said looking to Cadance’s desk.

“That’s not the only reason we’re here.” Anon said before turning to Celestia. “Well then Tia tell her why we’re here.”

“Cadance I need your help in confessing my feelings for a mare.” Celestia said.

“You want my help in getting you a date?” Cadance asked.

“Well the courage to confess my feelings will do for today.” Celestia said before finding Cadance in her face a wide smile on her face.

“That’s good enough!” She said enthusiastically. “So who’s the lucky mare I need details so I can help you properly.”

“That information Cadance is something that may make this process a tad more difficult than it needs to be.” Anon said as Cadance took a step back from Celestia.

“How come?” Cadance asked getting a sigh from Celestia.

“Because the mare in question is Chrysalis.” Celestia said causing Cadance to freeze in place her enthusiastic smile gone a deadpan look replacing it.

“You can’t be serious.” Cadance said.

“She is serious Cadance.” Anon said getting Cadance to give him a glare.

“How do you know this isn’t some sort of trick?” Cadance asked getting a glare from Anon.

“Where’s this coming from Cadance?” Anon asked.

“Where do you think Anon?” Cadance asked anger in her voice. “Maybe because she’s the mare that kidnapped me and tried to crash my wedding!”

“And you think we don’t know that?” Anon said trying to calm Cadance down. “Celestia knows that and yet she still has these feelings for Chrysalis. So are you going to help her or not?”

After a few seconds Cadance let out a small sigh. “Fine, I guess I can’t really have the title of Princess of Love if I don’t do this.”

“Oh thank you Cadance!” Celestia exclaimed giving Cadance a hug.

“No problem Auntie.” Cadance said as she was released from the hug.

“So then got any ideas for what to do?” Anon asked Cadance getting a slow nod.

“I think I do. Auntie is Chrysalis still in Canterlot?”

“She is. Why?” Celestia asked.

“Well Hearts and Hooves is in a few days. Maybe we could arrange something?” Cadance said getting an excited nod from Celestia.

“Sounds great. Celestia can take Chrysalis out for dinner with you and Shining.” Anon said getting a smile from Cadance.

“Huh I hadn’t thought of a double date. Maybe we should invite you and Luna for a triple date Anon.” Cadance said getting Celestia’s smile to falter a bit. “You and her would be able to give Celestia a confidence boost and maybe some help if she needs it.” Cadance continued upon seeing Celestia’s smile waver.

“Thank you Cadance that’s a wonderful idea!” Celestia said wrapping Cadance in another hug.

“So then how about you go help Celestia prepare to ask Chrysalis out Cadance and I’ll go tell Luna about this date.” Anon said getting a nod from Cadance.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long for me to update one of my fics as I've been swamped in a lot of things.

Hopefully the first part of this new little two part chapter will tide you over for a while.