• Published 19th May 2016
  • 5,776 Views, 108 Comments

Paladin Anon - The7thElement



Sit back and relax as I tell you of the journey of a knight of Equestria who goes by the name of Anon.

  • ...
36
 108
 5,776

New chapter! (Couldn't think of a name)

"Ah, good morning Anon." Celestia said as she opened her bedroom door to figure out who had been knocking at it. "I must ask you though to forgive me if my mane's in a less than acceptable state, I haven't had time to fix it."

"No problem Celestia." Anon responded letting out a breath he didn't realize he had been holding in.

"So then what seems to be the problem?" Celestia asked as her magic began turning her mane into the spectrum of colours, that the public knew her for.

"No problem just checking on you. Because it's currently 1 o'clock in the afternoon." Anon said causing Celestia to pause.

"Sorry. But did you just say 1 o'clock in the afternoon?" Celestia asked getting a nod from Anon. "Oh dear. How much have I missed?"

"Not much. You'll have to apologise to Luna and Raven." Anon said as Celestia made her way past him.

"How come? Also before I forget you don't mind getting Alpha to keep and eye on Chrysalis do you?" Celestia asked looking back towards her room before summoning her regal wear and straightening her hair out.

"As you wish Tia." Anon said as his eye glowed allowing him to give Alpha his new duty. "As for why the apologizing. Well for Luna, she didn't really like having to wake up a 6 in the morning to raise the sun. And why you should apologize to Raven, she's had to number one keep the country afloat whilst you've slept in, and because she nearly got into a shouting match with Blueblood when he had tried to take the reigns." Anon said as the duo made their way towards the Throne Room.

"Ah alright then. Well I'll have to think of something for Luna, but for Raven I think I'll give her tomorrow off." Celestia said more to herself thank to Anon. "SuckerPunch Worry that much about me?"

"He did yes. He came to me asking where you were, I told him you were in bed. He then went onto ask whether I'd checked on you, I told him Alpha was keeping an eye on you. He then bid me farewell and left me probably to go back to his post." Anon answered as the duo came in sight of the Throne Room's large double doors. And standing outside those doors was Blueblood.

"Oh no." Celestia said under her breath. "Blueblood, How's it going?" Celestia asked the stallion as her and Anon came within talking distance.

"Oh not too bad Auntie." Blueblood said turning to face Celestia and Anon. Although to Anon and Celestia's trained eyes they could see that Blueblood was annoyed about something. "Although I must ask how much leeway you're willing to give those who work for you."

"And why would that be the case dear?" Celestia asked already knowing the answer.

"Well your advisor has quite frankly overstepped her boundaries." Blueblood explained before opening the throne room doors. "By taking up the reigns of the country!" He exclaimed whilst gesturing to Raven who was sitting on Celestia's throne.

"Blueblood if you've come to try and remove me from my duties again, I will have you thrown in the dungeon for the night under the crime of treason against the throne." Raven said as she looked up from the Pegasus that she was talking to. "Ah Princess Celestia, good to see you've come to join the waking world." Raven said with a smile.

"Yes I have. Although I think it would've been best if the Paladin had just decided to wake me up instead of letting me sleep in." Celestia said as she approached the throne. "And who would you be?" She asked of the Pegasus that had jumped to the ground in a bow. "Oh wait I could tell that fiery mane from anywhere. Hop off the ground Miss Spitfire, there's no need for you to bow."

"Thank you Princess." Spitfire said as she stood up. "I was just discussing with Raven you and Luna's attendance to the Best Young Flyer competition."

"I thought the competition had already happened?" Anon asked.

"It was meant to of already happened but a couple of problems happened to get us to reschedule." Spitfire said turning to face Anon. "The first being that a few of the competitors had gotten injured during any training they had done the day before. The second reason is because one of Cloudsdale's weather factory had a bit of lightning problem, which caused part of the arena to be damaged."

"Oh dear no won was hurt?" Celestia asked getting Spitfire's attention once more.

"Fortunately not. That can be thanked to the safety measures we have in place." Spitfire said before looking down to a watch she had attached to her hoof. "Oh shoot. You'll have to excuse me Princess but I gotta run." Spitfire said before giving Celestia a quick bow and then proceeding to zoom out of the throne room.

"Well then good to hear that's all sorted. Hopefully Luna will enjoy the show." Celestia said before turning to face Raven. "Now then if you don't mind hopping out of my throne Raven."

"Of course Celestia." Raven said before getting out of the throne.

"Now then I do hope you haven't ruined the groove I had going." Celestia said with a smirk. "Now then where were we?" Celestia asked when she had gotten comfortable enough.

"The fact that your advisor who isn't even remotely tied to royalty has the gall to take the throne." Blueblood said.

"Ah yes that." Celestia said. "Thank you for reminding me Blue." Celestia said as she summoned up a scroll. "Now then if you don't mind reading the first law on this scroll." Celestia said as she floated the scroll over to Blueblood.

"If either of the Princesses are unavailable to govern Equestria, then their advisors are entitled to take the reigns and lead the country until either the Princesses are able to rule again or a suitable replacement is found that is approved by both advisors." Blueblood froze when he had finished reading the scroll.

"As you have said it yourself, by law Raven is aloud to take up my place on the throne." Celestia said. "Don't worry Blue it's an old law that I had made a couple of hundred years ago. It's not really a big deal that you've never known about it as it hadn't been put into affect until this morning."

"I suppose your right Auntie." Blueblood said before turning to leave. "Well then I best be off Fancy Pants said he wished to meet for lunch at 2. Until later." Blueblood said as he left giving Celestia a wave as he did so.

"Well then that was fun." Raven said. "Gosh how has he become like that again Celestia? I still remember when he was a cute little colt that used to run through the halls announcing you'd be a short distance behind him."

"Yes I remember. As for what happened to him I haven't a clue." Celestia said but before she could say anymore a scroll appeared bathed in a green light.

"What is it?" Anon asked knowing that the scroll came from Twilight.

"Twilight reporting that her reformation of Discord has gone well." Celestia said with a proud smile on her face.

"So when were you going to tell me Twi was going to try and reform Discord?" Anon asked.

"It wasn't my idea. Pinkie gave Twilight the idea." Celestia explained. "Twilight explained to me that Discord never really did anything evil, he was just having his own version of fun. And if we were to reform him we could show him how helpful his powers could be to others."

"Fair point but Discord is a trickster by heart. What's to stop him from doing to the girls what he did to them before." Anon asked.

"Simple they have the Elements." Celestia said only to get a raised eyebrow from Anon. "What?"

"We had the Elements when he broke out they didn't help us." Raven said. "How will they help us if he's faking it?"

"That was when the Elements were not being wielded by their bearers. If Twilight and her friends are wearing the Elements then Discord will not be able to hide them from us like he did when he broke out." Celestia explained getting a nod from Raven.

"Makes sense." Raven said before turning to Anon. "What about you Anon? How do you feel about all this?"

"I trust Twilight's decision to have taken the chance to reform Discord. But whether or not he's actually reformed like Twilight said is yet to be seen." Anon replied before turning to Celestia. "I'm to guess we're going to investigate."

"Yes we most certainly are." The voice of Luna said from the throne room's entrance.

"Lulu what are you doing up? Shouldn't you still be in bed?" Celestia asked as Luna took up a place next to Anon.

"I was. Until I was awoken from my slumber by a letter from your pupil. This letter relating to the reformation of Discord." Luna said as she summoned forth her own letter that she had received from Twilight. "If he truly is reformed I wish to judge that with my own eyes."

"Well then I suppose we will have to go see how reformed Discord is for ourselves." Celestia said before rising from her throne. "Raven you don't mind holding down the fort whilst we're out?"

"Of course not Princess." Raven responded.

"Now then Anon, Luna, let us go see how good Discord is behaving." Celestia said before leading Luna and Anon out of the room.

Outskirts of Ponyville

"So you sure the Princess got your letter Twi?" Rainbow Dash asked Twilight. "I got better things to do than sit out here keeping an eye on the nutcase."

"Hey I heard that!" Discord exclaimed from behind Dash. When Dash turned to say something in response she found herself coming face to face with a metal tin labelled peanuts. "We nutcases have feelings too y'know."

"Dash could try to not antagonize him." Twilight said as she rubbed her forehead with a hoof. 'I swear I'm going to get a headache soon.' She thought to herself as Discord turned back into his original self.

"Hey there she is!" Spike exclaimed from Twilight's back a claw pointing to a chariot that was approaching the group.

"Wow one hell of a carriage she's got." Discord commented as the chariot landed a short distance in front of the group. "I remember when she just flew around herself."

"Princess, it's good to see you." Twilight said with a smile. "Princess Luna, Paladin Anon. I wasn't expecting you to of come." Twilight said giving the human and alicorn a smile.

"Well when you say that you've reformed Discord and turned him into a force for good, I had to see it with my own eyes." Luna said before being interrupted by the sound of Discord snapping his fingers causing clones of him to appear and start cheering.

"Hey look who it is it's dear little Luna." Discord said to the small crowd he had summoned. "How was it up there? Did you bring your old pal Discord a souvenir?"

"It was cold, dark and no I didn't bring you back anything." Luna said getting the smile Discord's face to fade away.

"Well if you're going to be such a downer then there's no need for the welcome back party." Discord said before snapping his claw making the clones disappear. "So then think I've reformed yet?"

"Not really no." Luna said before turning to Celestia. "What do you think Celestia?"

"Maybe. At the very least he hasn't done anything to make me think otherwise." Celestia responded.

"Well how about I prove that I've changed?" Discord asked getting Celestia to raise an eyebrow. "There's the raised eyebrow of curiosity that I love to see." Discord said a grin on his face as he turned to face Anon.

"Yes?" Anon asked as Discord snapped his fingers causing him to adopt a magicians suit.

"Well for my first trick I shall require an assistant and you fit the bill nicely." Discord said as he raised his claw a small magician's wand in it. "For my first trick in my new life of being good I'm going to send you back home!" He declared getting a look of confusion from the small assembled group.

"What the hell do you mean by...?" Anon asked before his words froze in his throat as a bolt of magic shot from Discord's wand causing a portal to open above the group.

"That's what I mean." Discord said with an all too happy smile.

"Discord." Celestia said a stern look on her face which was quickly replaced by a look of horror as she realized only Anon was being affected by the pull of the portal.

Luna had seen this too. "ANON!" She cried out as she tried to grab a hold of the human. But she was stopped when a magical field had sprung up around Anon, the portal and Discord.

"Oh you mother." Anon had said as he turned to try and grab onto something.

"Oi watch your language kids are watching." Discord had said for no reason other than to annoy Anon.

"Dammit." Anon cursed as he couldn't get a hold of anything as he was pulled closer to the portal. Before he could be sucked in he summoned a few tendrils made of shadow to dig into the ground stopping his ascent towards the portal for the moment. "Discord I swear to god I will gut you." Anon spat out.

"Oh how many sweet sweet promises are you going to make?" Discord said before floating down to where the tendrils dug into the ground. "Well then seems these trees are too dangerous to keep around." Discord said inspecting the tendrils before looking up a wild grin on his face. "They're gonna need to be chopped down before they hit any overhead power lines." Discord said before summoning an axe and going to work.

As this was happening Luna was firing blot after blot of magic into the magic wall keeping her from helping Anon. "FAUST DAMMIT!" She yelled before turning to face Twilight and her friends. "Twilight, I need you and your friends to use the Elements on the this damned wall."

"Luna you know that's not how the Elements work." Celestia said her own magic failing to do anything against the barrier.

"I DON'T CARE!" Luna said looking back to see Discord pulling out some sort of metallic device that had the label chainsaw written on the side. "I don't want to lose him."

"Discord drop the barrier now!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Or what? You heard Celestia the Elements don't work like that." Discord said as he summoned a shield to stop Anon from throwing spells at him.

"No they don't. But it seems if you give them a good enough reason to help." Twilight said before her and her friends rose into the air a rainbow vortex lifting them off their hooves. "Last chance Discord!"

"Too little, too late." Discord said before swinging his chainsaw into the last tendril.

"NOOOOOO!" Anon yelled out as the tendril was sawn in half. For a split second time seemed to freeze as he floated closer to the portal. 'There isn't enough damned time.' He thought to himself as he tried to cast a spell to help him. He then switched his view to look at Luna, tears were running down her eyes. "Goodbye." Was the last thing he said before being consumed by the portal.

To Be Continued.

Author's Note:

I'm back baby