• Published 19th May 2016
  • 5,756 Views, 108 Comments

Paladin Anon - The7thElement



Sit back and relax as I tell you of the journey of a knight of Equestria who goes by the name of Anon.

  • ...
36
 108
 5,756

Lead up to a wedding.

“So Alpha mind explaining to me why you changed into your wolf form.” Anon said after Celestia and Alpha joined Trixie’s lesson.

“Sucker decided to call Timberwolves nothing more than beasts.” Alpha said his message only being heard by Anon.

“Got it.” Anon said getting a look of confusion from Trixie. “Personal matters.” Was all he said getting a nod from Trixie.

“So how does it feel being a teacher Luna?” Celestia asked wishing to break the ice.

“It’s going well. You actually missed Trixie covering Anon from head to toe with water.” Luna replied chuckling at how the water Trixie had summoned had hit Anon directly in the face.

“Shame. I would have loved to see the look on his face.” Celestia said with a mirthful smile.

“Well if you want to see it sister I could get Trixie to fire off another spout of water.” Luna said trying to hide her smile at Anon’s misfortune.

“Unless Anon, wishes for that to happen I’ll have to pass on that idea.” Celestia replied.

“Fine then.” Luna said her mood dampening slightly before turning to Anon. “Unless.”

“No.” Was all the answer she got from Anon. As Anon looked away from the group he saw Moonlight approaching the small picnic that had been set up.

Luna had also taken notice of her approaching Captain, but she also saw that etched into her face was a look of concern. “Captain, is something the matter?” Luna asked once Moonlight was close enough to the group.

“Yes there is ma’am.” Moonlight said with a salute.

“What’s the matter than Captain?” Celestia asked.

“Princess Cadance and Captain Armor have been taken prisoner.” Moonlight responded causing a deathly silence to fall across the small group.

“By who have they been taken prisoner Captain?” Anon asked slowly rising to his feet, Luna and Celestia mimicking his actions.

“Diamond Dogs sir.” Moonlight said getting a raised eyebrow from Anon.

“Diamond Dogs?” Anon asked wondering if he was hearing things.

“Yes sir. The train they took back to Canterlot was ambushed in the early hours of the morning if the guard we picked up is correct.”

“A guard? Who?” Anon said walking over to Moonlight.

“Trixie I am sorry to say but we will have to cut our lesson short.” Luna said.

“Oh no problem Luna.” Trixie said giving Luna a small smile.

“Captain where’s this guard you picked up?” Celestia asked walking over to Moonlight.

“In the war room ma’am. Captain SuckerPunch took him there.” Moonlight explained.

“Lead the way then.” Luna said joining Celestia and Anon in following Moonlight to the war room.

“Mind filling us in on what you know about the situation Captain.” Anon said as the group made their way into the castle.

“Well as far as we know Lieutenant Joker managed to get out of site of the Diamond Dogs after they raided the train.” Moonlight said. “He than proceeded to follow the Dogs to where their base was.”

“And that would be where?” Celestia asked. As the doors to the war room came into sight as they rounded a corner.

“From what the Lieutenant said it was a den located in the north of the badlands.”

“And how is he now?” Luna asked.

“He’s fine. A tad exhausted from the flight but other than that fine.” Moonlight replied pushing open the doors to the war room to find SuckerPunch and Joker standing around a large round wooden table that held a map of Equestria on it.

“Princesses. Paladin.” SuckerPunch said giving a nod to the new arrivals.

“What’s the situation Captain?” Anon said moving to stand next to Sucker.

“I’d advise talking too the Lieutenant.” Sucker said his gaze never leaving a marked part of the map that Anon could guess to be the location of the Diamond Dog’s den.

“Report Lieutenant.” Anon said moving beside Joker.

“Well sir the attack happened after the train ran into a part of the track that had been removed. The Diamond Dogs attacked the front part of the train first, I was positioned in the caboose so when I heard the fighting begin I was ordered to take flight and get back to Canterlot.” Joker explained getting a nod from Anon.

“Well good to hear that.” Anon said before looking back to the map. “You wouldn’t happen to have an indication of how many Diamond Dogs were there would you?”

“Unfortunately no sir.”

“Damn.” Anon muttered to himself. “So I’m guessing you’ve already put together a plan Captain Sucker.”

“Yes I have. Just deciding on an approach.” Sucker replied his gaze never leaving the map.

“And that plan would be?” Luna asked finally getting Sucker to look up.

“Simple Princess. Put together a strike force and send them in to retrieve Princess Cadance.”

“Don’t bother with that plan.” Anon said getting all eyes on him.

“And why would that be Paladin?” Sucker asked.

“I’ll go in.” Anon replied a small smile on his lips as his plan started to form in his mind.

“Well you’re not going alone.” Luna said. “Are you?”

“No I’m not. And before you say anything no you’re not coming with me.” Anon stated getting a disappointed look from Luna.

“Why not? If it’s because you’re worried about my safety you know I can handle myself in a fight.”

“It’s not because I doubt your ability to defend yourself Princess. It’s because there is something larger at play here.” Anon said getting a look of confusion from Luna.

“Explain Paladin.” Celestia said.

“First off unlike the Diamond Dogs you know from a thousand years ago Princess Luna, the Diamond Dogs of today are probably one of the dumbest sapient species on Equestria. Somehow they have managed to devolve from the threat that their ancestors once could be.” Anon explained getting a slow nod from Luna.

“I see what you mean. So I do hope you and Alpha will have fun then.”

“I’m not taking Alpha. He will be remaining here to keep an eye on you two.” Anon said gesturing to Luna and Celestia. “I shall be taking Captain Moonlight with me. That’s if she doesn’t have a problem with going on a mission on such short notice.”

“Of course not sir.” Moonlight said giving Anon a salute.

“Good to hear.” Anon said before gesturing for Moonlight to follow him out of the war room. “Now let’s go get ready.”

Later that evening

“Sir I have a question.” Moonlight said as she removed her binoculars from her eyes, looking to her left to see Anon looking through his own set of binoculars at the entrance to the Diamond Dog’s lair. Moonlight also took in the armor that Anon had chosen to wear, a simple set of black leather armor with a black trench coat over the top. Anon had also decided to wear a black bandanna that covered the lower half of his face and in place of a helmet he wore a tricorn hat he called the hunter’s hat.

“And what would that be?” Anon responded his eyes never leaving the binoculars.

“Why me?” Moonlight said getting Anon to shift his gaze from the binoculars to give Moonlight a raised eyebrow not knowing what she meant. “By that I mean why you chose me to come with you.”

“Well other than your impressive service record, I’ve been meaning to take you on a mission with me so I can see how you perform in the field.” Anon said slowly rising to his feet from his crouching position. “Now then let’s get going.”

“Yes sir.” Moonlight said before looking to her sides to make sure her wing blades were in the right position before following Anon towards the cave entrance to the Dog’s den.

“Two guards.” Anon said slowing down so that he was in a crouching position as he and Moonlight stayed out of view of the two guards.

“How are we approaching this sir?” Moonlight asked before seeing Anon reach into his trench coat. When his hand remerged Moonlight saw two small throwing knives. Before she knew it the knives were gone and the only sound that filled the night was the sound of two Diamond Dog guards collapsing to the ground.

“That’s how Moonlight.” Anon said rushing to the two guards before unsheathing his sword and silencing the duo permanently. “Moonlight before we go diving into this den I’m setting some rules.” Anon said as Moonlight joined him in front of the entrance to the Dog’s den. “First you are to call me Anon. Secondly no matter what I tell you to do you will do it without questioning me. That clear?”

“Yes sir.” Moonlight said saluting before noticing Anon’s right eye giving off a slow glow. “Um Anon what’s happening to your eye?”

“Alpha what is it?” Anon questioned aloud.

“We have a problem sir.” The voice of Alpha responded.

“What?”

“SuckerPunch decided to send three squads of guards to ‘help you’ and Moonlight save Cadance.” Alpha said getting an irritated groan from Anon.

“Celestia or Luna know about this?”

“Nope.”

“I swear to Faust if SuckerPunch arrives with those squads of guards I may have to get you to keep me from skinning him.” Anon said slowly feeling a headache come on from the stupidity of Sucker’s actions. “Don’t tell Celestia or Luna about this. Got it Alpha?”

“Got it.” Alpha said before cutting his link with Anon.

“Okay then.” Anon said before turning to Moonlight. “Let’s get going.”

“Anon what’s happening?” Moonlight said as they walked into the Dog’s den.

“Sucker punch being a goddamn moron.” Anon said getting a nod from Moonlight.

“What’s he done now?”

“You don’t want to know.” Was all Anon said before the duo continued down the tunnel system in quiet keeping their ears peeled for any sign of approaching Diamond Dogs. “This way.” Anon said when the duo came to a small intersection.

“What’s that sound?” Moonlight whispered as what sounded like chanting coming from a well lit part of the tunnel that Anon was leading her down.

“Not something I’m liking.” Anon said silently hoping that the Dogs weren’t holding a cult meeting. “But if it comes to what I’m hoping it isn’t kill anyone that’s wearing a ceremonial robe.”

“Got it.” Moonlight responded. “What the hell?” Was all she could say once her and Anon found themselves looking into a large cavern where Princess Cadance, Shining Armor, their guards and a mare that Moonlight couldn’t recognize were being held in a large cage on the other side of the cavern. In between Moonlight, Anon and the captive ponies sat the Diamond Dog’s forces that were (to Moonlight’s eyes) poorly armed. “What are they doing?”

“No clue. But luckily I’m not seeing their leader prepping himself for a ritual of some sorts.” Anon said pointing to a Diamond Dogs that wore what seemed to be Cadance’s tiara and a set of guard wrist gauntlets. “Okay Moonlight, you able to take on a few Diamond Dogs?”

“Of course.”

“Good to hear. I’ll distract their leader and hopefully most of the Dogs.” Anon said getting a nod from Moonlight. “You deal with the guys that don’t come fighting me. When we deal with them we get the Princess and others out. Got it?”

“Got it sir.” Moonlight replied. With that said the duo moved into the cavern trying to stick as close to the shadows as they could. All the while overhearing the Diamond Dog’s conversations.

“Sir. What exactly are we going to do with these ponies anyway?” A Diamond Dog warrior asked the leader, gesturing to the cage.

“Simple. You remember that pegasus we let get away?” The leader asked getting a nod from the warrior. “Well I let him get away so that he could go get other ponies so we could organize a deal with them where we can get what we want.”

“Thanks for telling your plan!” Anon announced his voice echoing throughout the cavern.

“Who’s that?!” The leader announced. His answer coming in the form of Anon dropping from the ceiling behind the warrior he was talking to.

“Here.” Was all Anon said before sending his blade into the warrior’s heart. As the warrior’s lifeless body fell forward a silence filled the cavern. “Now then. You were saying something about letting your captives free.”

The only answer that Anon received was silence as the Diamond Dogs looked at him with fear in their eyes. “Hahahaha!” The leader barked out breaking the silence in two. “So who do you think you are coming in here and making demands like that?”

“Paladin Anon. Sword of the Moon.” Anon said getting a grin to arise on the leader’s face.

“You made that last part up didn’t you?”

“Maybe. How about this, I’ll tell you when you let your captives free.”

“No dice mate.” The leader said before pulling out a small green gemstone. “Now then you either drop your blade or your Princess in the cage is going to have a bad time.”

“And if I say no?”

“Well in that case my boys will just cut you up.” The leader said before looking beyond Anon to see that his men were a bit preoccupied with fighting Moonlight.

“You were saying.” Anon said a grin on his face as he saw that Moonlight was managing to take on about twenty warriors without even breaking a sweat.

“I was saying this!” The leader said before crushing the small gemstone.

“And that did what?” Anon asked expecting the gem to explode and bring the cavern roof down.

“Look at your pretty Princesses neck.” The leader said getting Anon to notice that not only was Cadance wearing an anti-magic ring on her horn but also a collar with a small green emerald set into it. As soon as Anon noticed how similar the emerald looked to the gem the Diamond Dog had crushed it was too late. Spark of green electricity burst from the emerald connecting with the closest thing to them. Cadance’s head.

“AHHH!” Was all Cadance could scream out as the tongues of lightning connected with her horn. Her body than fell to the ground in a heap. As it hit the cage floor Shining ran over to her only to find that she was unconscious with her horn burnt slightly.

“Well then you just signed your death warrant.” Anon said turning back to the Diamond Dog to find a blade at his throat.

“Yeah right.” The Dog said before losing his voice as Anon smashed the blade in half, his own slicing through it like a knife through butter. What happened next was almost to quick to see as Anon spun his blade around and brought it down on the Dog’s neck.

But instead of a clean cut Anon’s blade hit something strong and resistant to the slice of his blade. Before Anon could comprehend his blade’s sudden stop he found his vision filled with a green light and his hearing filled with a loud scream. “AHHHH!”

When the green light had cleared itself from Anon’s vision he found himself not looking at the Diamond Dog’s leader but something else. Something that Anon hadn’t see in a long time. A changeling.

“Anon what is that?” Moonlight asked as she walked up to Anon’s side. Her blades slick and red with the blood of Diamond Dogs.

“A creature I never thought I’d be seeing again.” Anon said before bending down to get a better look at the unconscious Changeling. “Moonlight, free our friends.”

“Yes sir.” Moonlight said rushing over to the cage door.

‘Now then aren’t you special.’ Anon thought as he took in the Changeling’s appearance. The Changeling’s chitin was black as coal. His eyes when Anon opened them were the same color as his mane and tail. Red. But what really drew Anon’s eye was the added features to the Changelings head. Instead of just a horn, there also seemed to be what Anon could only guess to be two antennas.

It was then the sound of horseshoes stomping into the ground could be heard coming from the entrance to the cavern. “Captain SuckerPunch.” Anon said after throwing the changeling over his shoulder, turning to see the Captain standing in the entrance to the cavern. “I didn’t expect you to be here.” Anon said before walking over to Cadance who was being checked up on by Shining and Moonlight.

“How is she?” Shining asked.

“She’s fine just unconscious. All she needs is rest.” Anon said rising up to his feet.

“Sir if I may ask what exactly is that thing over your shoulder?” SuckerPunch asked gesturing to the unconscious changeling.

“It’s none of your business that’s what it is.” Anon snapped giving Sucker a death glare.

“Sorry but if that thing is involved with the capture of Princess Cadance than I demand to know.”

After that a deathly silence filled the cavern. “Guards can you walk?” Anon asked the guards that had been captured.

“Yes sir.” One of them saluted.

“Good.” Anon replied before pointing to the tunnel behind SuckerPunch. “Follow that tunnel and you’ll get to the surface where your ride back to Canterlot will be waiting.” With that said the guards made their way out of the cavern. “Now then what exactly did you just say to me SuckerPunch?”

“I said that I demand to know what that creature on your shoulder is.” Sucker said.

“That’s what I thought.” Anon said walking up to Sucker. When Anon was close enough he decided to give Sucker a piece of his mind and that piece came in the form of a slap.

THWACK

The sound rung throughout the cavern reverberating multiple times off the walls. “Now do you want to know why I did that?” Anon asked bending slightly so he was at eye level with Sucker.

“Why. Sir?”

“Because you aren’t at your post in Canterlot.”

“But I.” Sucker started before having his muzzle closed by Anon.

“No buts. You shouldn’t be here no matter what excuse you can think of. A few reasons being that this mission isn’t under your jurisdiction, it is under the Lunar Guard’s jurisdiction. Another reason is because you abandoned your post of maintaining Princess Celestia’s safety. So here’s what your going to do.” Anon said his patience wearing thinner by the second whilst he was in Sucker’s presence. “You’re going to get back on one of the chariots you brought out here and get back to Canterlot before I decide to teleport you there myself. And you wouldn’t like that as I may accidentally teleport you a few hundred feet in the air. So get going.”

“Yes sir.” Sucker said as soon as Anon released his grip on his muzzle.

“Oh and Captain.” Anon called out as Sucker began to make his way up the tunnel that led to the surface. “I’m ordering you not to interact with our guest here.” Anon said gesturing to the changeling. “If I get word that you do I shall report this little incident to Princess Celestia. Understood?”

“Yes sir.” Sucker said before heading into the tunnel.

“Wow. Remind me to never get on your bad side Paladin.” Shining said jokingly. “So should we be heading up?”

“Nope I’m teleporting us back to Canterlot.” Anon said before noticing the mare standing next to Shining. “And who would you be ma’am?”

“She’s my assistant.” Shining said gesturing to the mare.

“Never knew you had one Captain Armor.”

“Well mum’s been using her to help publish her latest book their pretty close outside of work.”

“And does she have a name?”

“Quick Writ. Sir.” The mare said bowing slightly.

“A pleasure to meet you Miss Writ. Now then back to Canterlot.” Anon said before teleporting himself and the others to Canterlot Castle’s garden.

Canterlot Castle Gardens

“And here we are.” Anon said rubbing his head feeling a small headache coming on.

“Ah Paladin good to see you’re back from your mission.” The familiar voice of Luna said from behind him. “And if I may ask what is on your shoulder?” She asked before freeing in place when she saw an unconscious Cadance being supported by Shining and Quick Writ. “What’s happened to my niece?”

“She’s unconscious. But she’s okay she just needs some rest.” Anon said turning to Shining. “I’m sure you can escort Princess Cadance to her room.”

“Of course sir.” Shining said before gesturing for Quick to follow him. “C’mon Quick I’ll show you to your room.” He said getting a nod from the mare as they made their way towards the castle.

“Um Princess where have you been?” Anon asked seeing a small plastic pumpkin bag hovering next to Luna’s head, a few candies sticking out the top.

“Ponyville. I decided to spend Nightmare Night with Twilight and her friends. And before you say anything I ordered Alpha not to come with me or say anything to you about it.”

“Alright then.” Anon shrugged before turning to Moonlight. “The Lunar barracks does have its own personal cells correct?”

“Yes sir.” Moonlight saluted.

“Good than if you would kindly take our friend here and put him in one.” Anon said placing the changeling on Moonlight’s back. “Not too heavy?”

“Not in a million years sir.”

“Good to hear.” Anon replied.

“Anon you still haven’t told us what that is.” Luna said getting Moonlight to take pause.

“Same here sir.”

“I’ll tell you tomorrow along with Celestia.” Anon said to Luna. “And if you wish you can join us if you’re so desperate for answers Captain Moonlight.”

“Sounds like a plan sir.” Moonlight said before making her way towards the Lunar Guard’s barracks.

“So Anon.” Luna started getting Anon to raise an eyebrow towards her.

“Yes?”

“I may need a helping hoof with eating all this candy. You wouldn’t mind helping me out?”

“Of course not.”

Author's Note:

Wanted to get this chapter done quickly as I'm not going to be able to work on either of my fics for a few days as I'm going to a cousins wedding. (Moment where he realises what the chapters called.) :pinkie gasp:

All honesty the chapter name has nothing to do with the wedding I'm going too so you can probably guess what it's really related to.