• Published 19th May 2016
  • 5,757 Views, 108 Comments

Paladin Anon - The7thElement



Sit back and relax as I tell you of the journey of a knight of Equestria who goes by the name of Anon.

  • ...
36
 108
 5,757

A niece meets her Auntie. And a Lunar inspection.

As Anon awoke he found himself enveloped in what felt like a pair of wings. As he opened his eyes he found himself looking into the closed eyes of his charge. ‘Glad to see last night wasn’t a dream.’ Anon thought to himself before trying to wiggle his way out of Luna’s hold.

Unfortunately for Anon he didn’t realize how tight Luna’s wings were holding him, this lead to Anon’s struggles accidentally waking the Princess of the night. “And where do you think you’re going Paladin?” Luna said sleepily.

“I have additional duties to attend to Princess.” Before Anon could say anything else Luna placed one of her fore-hooves on his lips.

“Anon whilst you are in the presence of me or my sister when we are alone you will refer to me as Luna. Is that understood?”

“Yes Luna.” Anon said once the Princess had removed her fore-hoof.

“Good. Now you best get back to your duties.” She said before letting her wings remove themselves from Anon’s back.

“Thank you Luna.” Anon said before leaving the bed and putting his armor and gear back on.

As Anon gripped the door handle of one of the dual doors Luna spoke up once more. “Anon thank you for spending the night with me.”

“Your welcome Luna. I’m to take a guess that you’ll be spending the rest of the day asleep?”

“Your guess is correct Paladin. Now if you wouldn’t mind I do need my rest.” Luna said before turning over in her bed. It was then Anon left the room.

‘Alpha where are you?’ Anon thought hoping that Alpha could hear him through their mental link.

“I am in the throne room keeping an eye on Celestia. Do you wish for me to change my view and keep an eye on Luna?” Alpha responded.

‘Yes that’s exactly what I wish you to do.’ Anon said before cutting the link.

As Anon exited the Lunar Wing of Canterlot Castle he was lucky enough to run into the pony that he wanted to see. “Ah Captain Moonlight good to see you.” It was then that Anon noticed the Thestral stallion that was accompanying her. “And who would your friend be?”

“Well a good morning to you too Paladin. As for who this is, this is my second in command Silver Slash.” At this Silver gave a salute to Anon.

“Pleasure to meet you sir.” Silver said. Anon than returned the salute as he took in Silver’s features. As Anon noted Silver’s Lunar Guard armor had a silver trim to the patterns etched into it, Anon also noticed that Silver’s wing blades had more of a shine to them than usual, as he inspected them closer he saw that the steel of the blade was coated in silver.

“Nice to meet you too Silver.” Anon said before turning to Moonlight. “Captain you and Silver wouldn’t mind coming with me to the Luna barracks would you I have something to discuss with the guard.” After receiving a nod from the captain Anon began making his way towards the barracks as the two guards followed close behind him.

“What the buck?!” Moonlight exclaimed as the trio entered the Lunar Guard’s barracks.

“I’m guessing that you haven’t seen this place whenever I picked a new captain?” Anon asked as he looked around the barracks to see it in a state of chaos.

“So whenever you pick a new captain the barracks always ends up looking like a tornado blew through it?” Moonlight asked as she looked around wondering if there were any pigs in Lunar Guard armor given the state of the barracks.

“Only the male’s section of the barracks. And the reason why it looks like this is because the male guard think that they can get away with one night of turning their part of the barracks into a pig sty. They think the new captain will let them get away with it. They never do.” Anon said as he saw that one of the bunks was clean and unoccupied. “I’m guessing that the tidy bunk belongs to you Silver?”

“Yes sir. Dad always told me that the best way to start your morning was to make sure your bed was neat and tidy. He always believed it was a sign of a good fortune for the rest of the day.” Silver explained.

“Sounds like your dad’s a smart stallion.” Anon said before turning to Moonlight. “Captain if you wouldn’t mind waking them up.” Anon said gesturing to the sleeping guards.

“Of course not sir.” She said before making her way to a bell near the main entrance.

“Let’s not go ringing the emergency bell Captain. Captain Armor wouldn’t be very happy about that.” Anon said before she could ring the bell. “How about I wake them up.”

Before Moonlight could stop him Anon had his hand pointed down the aisle that kept the two rows of bunks apart. “You two might want to cover your ears.” Anon said. As Moonlight and Sliver covered their ears a bolt of lightning shot out of Anon’s outstretched hand.

Once the tip of the lighting bolt had touched the other end of the room a loud crack filled the room waking the once sleeping Lunar Guard with a scream.

As the screaming subsided Anon gathered the attention of the male guard members. “RISE AND SHINE SLEEPING BEAUTIES!!!” At this the guards lined up at the foot of their beds. “Good to see that you have kept to the tradition of messing up your living quarters.”

Anon than began to walk down the center aisle inspecting the guards. “Now then I have a very important announcement. AT EASE!” With that the guard relaxed themselves and dropped their salutes.

“What’s the announcement sir?” One of the guards asked as Anon passed by him.

“Glad you asked soldier. Now as for the announcement the barracks are going to go through an inspection tonight by a very important individual. Before the inspection takes place you are to gather at the training field so that the individual can give you all a proper inspection. Is that understood?”

“SIR YES SIR!!” The guards yelled out.

“Good to hear. Now get this place clean so that we don’t give the Lunar Guard a bad name.” Anon said as he joined Moonlight and Silver at the door. “Captain you don’t mind giving the same message to the female members of the Lunar Guard I have to go have a talk to Captain Armor.”

“Of course sir.” She said before leaving through a side door to the female members of the Lunar Guard’s side of the barracks.

As she left, Anon left the barracks making his way towards the Solar Guard’s barracks hoping that Captain Armor was in his office.

After a few minutes Anon found himself standing outside Solar Guards barracks. “Need something sir?” A voice to Anon’s right said.

When Anon looked he saw the familiar face of Lieutenant Fire Wand. “Good to see you Lieutenant. How’s the Solar Guard been keeping you?” Anon asked the unicorn.

“It’s been well. So what are you doing here Paladin?”

“Looking for Captain Armor you wouldn’t know if he’s in his office would you?” Anon asked.

“Yeah he is.” Fire said before looking up to the sky. “Well looks like I got to head off. Gotta perform the fun job of walking around the gardens. See ya sir.” Fire said giving a salute to Anon before heading off towards the gardens.

After finding Shining Armor’s office Anon raised his hand to the door. Before he could deliver a knock the door swung open to reveal Shining Armor in his purple and gold armor. “Ah Paladin Anon good to see you.” Shining said before he was joined in the doorway by another pony.

“Good to see you and Princess Cadance as well Captain.” Anon said as Cadance gave him a wave.

“Have a good night’s sleep Anon?” Cadance asked as her and Shining joined Anon outside of the office.

“Probably the best I’ve gotten in a long time Princess.” Anon said as they made their way out of the barracks towards the Solar Guards training grounds. “Captain Armor if I could have a minute of your time I need to discuss something with you.”

“Of course you can have a moment of my time sir. It must be important if you’ve come to me in person.” Shining said.

“Well then I better leave you two boys alone.” Cadance said before giving Shining a kiss on the cheek. “I’ll come see you when I’m done with my meeting with Auntie Celestia.” She said before leaving the duo alone.

“So then the rumors of you dating her are true I see.” Anon said.

“Yes they are sir. If you wouldn’t mind me and her are trying to keep things quiet so that my parents aren’t harassed by the papers.” Shining said hoping that the Paladin would keep things quiet.

“Of course. But know this Captain Armor if you don’t take care of her, Princess Celestia won’t be the only one you’ll have to deal with. Is that understood Captain?” Anon said sternly getting Shining to sweat a bit.

“Yes sir.” Shining said with a salute.

“Good to hear. Now for what I wanted to talk to you about. Tonight your Solar Guards are going to have to stay at their posts for longer than usual as the Lunar Guard are being inspected so they’ll be a bit late to relieve your guards of their duty.”

“Got it sir.” Shining said before pausing to think about what he was going to say next. “Um sir if you don’t mind me asking why did you say what you said before about if I hurt Cadance?” He said worry lacing his voice.

“Because Shining, Princess Cadance is like a sister to me. And if you were to ask her she’d probably say that I am like a brother to her.” Anon said before making his way away from Shining. “Keep that in mind Captain!” Anon said as he left the training grounds.

After a quick walk and Anon had found himself back in his room. Or as Raven and Celestia had said to him it was more considered a small house, as within his ‘room’ was a small forge, an armory and a room devoted entirely to enchanting weapons and armor as well as making potions and spells.

Anon also had a library that could be considered a wing of Canterlot’s Library. Each shelf lined with ancient tomes and scrolls that dated back a thousand years. Each tome and scroll either contained spells that Anon used in creation of his own spells or information on how to create spells.

A knock could be heard coming from the entrance to Anon’s ‘room’ interrupting his work. ‘Wonder who that could be?’ Anon thought to himself as he halted his work and left his workshop and made his way towards the main entrance.

“Yes?” Anon said as he opened the door to see Cadance standing in front of him. “Ah Princess Cadance good to see you.”

“Please just call me Cadance. May I come in Anon?” Cadance said before she could receive an answer Anon moved out of her way and gestured for her to come in. As she entered she saw for the first time the scale of Anon’s ‘room’. “Wow. Auntie Celestia wasn’t kidding when she said that your room was more like a small house.”

“She says that a lot.” Anon said as he closed the door behind her. “Would you like some tea Cadance?”

“That’d be nice Anon. You wouldn’t happen to have some Green Tea would you?” Cadance asked as she looked around Anon’s room noting the couch and coffee table that was set up in the middle of the room.

“Here you go.” Anon said as he returned to find Cadance sitting on his couch.

“Thank you Anon.” Cadance said taking a sip of her tea. “I must say that this set up is quite nice.” She said gesturing to the couch and coffee table. “Although I was expecting more as Auntie Celestia had said that you had a forge set up.”

“Well she’s not wrong. She advised me to move the forge into my workshop which I did.” Anon said gesturing to a nearby door with a sign saying workshop on it. “So then Cadance what brings you to my neck of the woods?”

“Well Auntie Celestia told me about Auntie Luna. And she told me that I had to come see you about introducing me to her.” Cadance said with a smile.

“Well in that case follow me Cadance.” Anon said as he made his way to the front door holding it open for Cadance. “Mares first.”

“Why thank you good sir. But you’ll have to lead the way from here.” She said with a giggle as Anon lead her to Luna’s room.

“So what’s Auntie Luna like?” Cadance asked as the duo approached Luna’s room.

“Well she’s nice. But her mind is still stuck in the old ways seeing as how she was stuck on the moon and never got the chance to catch up on modern times like Celestia did.” Anon said before knocking on the double doors.

“I thought I said I was not to be disturbed!” Luna shouted from the other side of the door.

“Sorry for disturbing you then Princess Luna.” Anon said turning away from the door. “Would’ve thought she’d be up by now. Well we best leave her to her rest.”

Before Cadance could say anything the double doors swung open as Luna’s voice drifted out. “I’m so sorry Paladin Anon I didn’t realize it was you please come in.”

With that said Anon and Cadance entered the room to find Luna sitting on her bed. “Um Paladin who is that?” Luna said gazing at Cadance.

“Princess I would like to introduce you to your niece Cadance.” Anon said as Cadance gave Luna a wave.

“I have a niece?” Luna said disbelief coating her voice. “I never knew Tia had found herself a special somepony.”

“She didn’t Princess. Cadance isn’t your niece by blood.” Anon said before Cadance stepped forward.

“No I am not. I never got to know my parents. I used to live in an orphanage in Vanhoover before Auntie Celestia found me and took me in.” Cadance explained.

“So you were always an Alicorn, Cadance?” Luna asked as she hopped off the bed.

“As far as I can remember yes.” Cadance said before being pulled into a hug by Luna.

“Well it is so nice to meet you my niece!” Luna said before releasing Cadance. “Tis a joyous day that I get to meet my own niece.” She exclaimed a wide smile on her face.

“Well it’s great to finally meet you as well Auntie Luna.” Cadance said returning Luna’s smile. “Auntie will you be joining Auntie Celestia and I for dinner or not?”

“Of course I will.” Luna replied before turning to Anon. “Will you be joining us Paladin?”

“If you wish then I shall be there Princess.” Anon said with a bow.

“Good to hear let’s get going then.” Luna said making her way out of the room followed by Cadance. As Anon followed the duo to the dining hall he noticed that the sun was slowly approaching the horizon.

“Well that was a very enjoyable dinner sister.” Luna said as the group finished their dinner.

“Well I’m glad that you could join us.” Celestia said giving Luna a warm smile.

“Well we are glad we could. Now if you could excuse us Anon and I have business to attend to.” The lunar princess said as her and Anon made their way out of the dining room towards the Lunar Barracks. “Anon before we begin this inspection I must ask is the Lunar Guard still Thestral exclusive or has my sister added to the ranks?”

“The Lunar Guard is still Thestral exclusive. Princess Celestia did try to persuade me to allow Unicorns and Earth Ponies into the Lunar Guard’s ranks but I didn’t allow that to happen. I think that it should be your choice whether or not other races of ponies join the ranks.” Anon explained as they approached the Lunar Guard’s training grounds.

As they approached Moonlight stepped forward from the gathered ranks of the guard and gave a small bow to Luna. “Good evening Lady Noctis. I do hope that the guard meets your expectations in your inspection.”

“Hopefully they shall Captain Moonlight.” She said before turning to the assembled guards. “It is good to see that my guard has not been disbanded or has lost its honor.” She announced. “Now before you I am in fact Lady Noctis, although I may look slightly different that is only temporary. Now then let us get this inspection underway.” She said walking forward towards the barracks.

As she began to inspect and gather the names of her guards Moonlight had stayed behind with Anon. “So Lady Noctis didn’t always look like that Paladin?”

“No she didn’t Captain. She used to look slightly taller and had more blue tones to her coat. This new look is only temporary until her body regenerates the magic that she lost to the nightmare.” Anon replied as Luna waved him and Moonlight over.

“Captain if you wouldn’t mind would you please show me around the barracks?” Luna said as the rest of the guards headed off into the castle. “And before you ask I told the guards to go about their regularly scheduled duties.”

“Alright then.” Moonlight nodded making her way towards the barracks. “If you’ll follow me Lady Noctis.”

“It’s quite a simple barracks Captain.” Luna said as she looked around the atrium of the barracks.

“Well the atrium is usually only used for notifying the guards of their assignments.” Moonlight said before walking to one of the three doors that led away form the atrium. “Through this door lies the mess hall.”

At this Luna stuck her head through the door to see the rows of tables and benches where the guards would have their meals. After looking around the room for a few seconds she turned her gaze to Moonlight. “And I’m guessing the other two doors lead to the living quarters?” She said gesturing to the other two doors that were connected to the main atrium.

“Yes each of the living quarters is connected to their own shower room and bathroom.” Moonlight said as Luna stuck her head through the door that led to the mare’s part of the barracks.

“Do they both have the same layout for the beds?” She asked as she crossed the atrium to look into the stallion’s quarters. “They do.” She said before returning to the atrium. “Well then Captain it’s good to see that my guard is still in the state that I left it. Continue the good work Captain.” Luna said getting a salute from the mare before making her way to Anon who had remained at the entrance to the barracks. “Paladin if you wouldn’t mind could you please escort me back to my room?”

“Of course Princess.” Anon said following Luna back to her room.

After Anon had escorted Luna back to her room she had invited him onto her balcony over looking Canterlot. “Anon I’ve only just realized that a thousand years ago I never showed you how I raised the moon or how I weaved the stars into the sky.”

“It’s no problem Luna.” Anon said before he noticed her horn glow as the sun finally dipped below the horizon. It was then Anon looked up to see the stars appear into the night sky over Equestria and the moon be set on it’s course across the sky. “Wow.”

“Good to hear you appreciate it.” Luna said before pulling Anon into a kiss. As she ended the kiss she stared into Anon’s eyes. “Y’know during my time on the moon I had a lot of time to think about things. And one thing I realized was that I had great feelings towards you Anon. So I must make a simple request of you Paladin.”

“And what would that be Princess?” Anon asked still in bewilderment about the kiss he had just received.

“Will you please spend the night with me?” Luna asked as Anon ran his fingers through her mane.

“Of course Luna.” He said before pulling her into a deep kiss.