• Published 19th May 2016
  • 5,785 Views, 108 Comments

Paladin Anon - The7thElement



Sit back and relax as I tell you of the journey of a knight of Equestria who goes by the name of Anon.

  • ...
36
 108
 5,785

Becoming a guard and meeting a new friend.

“Urgh my head.” Anon said slowly waking up. As his body began to recover from his sleep he was immediately assaulted by his head beating quicker than his heart. “What the…” Anon said as he ran a hand through his hair feeling a large bump a few inches above his right ear.

He was pulled from his thoughts as someone began knocking on the door to his room. As the knocks resounded throughout the room he saw that he wasn’t in his bedroom back on earth but the room that Raven had showed him. ‘Huh guess the world filled with talking ponies wasn’t a crazy dream.’ Anon thought to himself as he slowly got out of bed.

Once his feet hit the floor the knocking raised in volume. “Coming! Just give me a second!” Anon called out as the knocking died down for the time being. He then headed over to the room’s dresser glad to find that Cross had finished his clothes and had put them in his dresser for him. “Thanks Cross.” Anon muttered under his breath as he got changed into the t-shirt and jeans that Cross had made for him. He also found a dark blue jacket with a hoodie attached to it.

After getting changed Anon made his way over to the door. When he opened it he found a guard standing outside with a spear clutched to his side by a wing. “Good morning sir.” The guard said giving Anon a small salute.

“Morning.” Anon said before raising an eyebrow at the guard wondering what the guard was doing here. “And you’re here for what reason?”

“Oh yes. Well I am here to escort you to Princess Celestia. She has invited you for tea and cake.” The guard said.

“Well then lead the way.” Anon said before the guard gave a sharp turn and began to lead him through the halls of the castle. “So would my escort have a name?” Anon asked hoping that striking up a conversation time would pass by quicker.

“Well my name is Swift Wing, sir.” Swift said as we walked side by side.

“Nice to meet you Swift, and please just call me Anon.” Anon said as they made their way into a small garden. In the center of the garden was a small table with tea and cake set on it. Once Anon saw it he also saw that Celestia was seated at the table. “Thanks Swift. I’ll see ya around.” Anon said as he joined Celestia at the table.

“Good morning Anon. Hope you got a good night’s rest.” Celestia said as Anon took a seat opposite her. “How’s your head doing?”

“Well my head is beating like a drum so… Wait a minute you know what happened to my head?!” Anon exclaimed.

“Yes. Don’t you remember?” Celestia said after taking a sip from her tea.

“No I don’t remember. What happened?” Anon said before clutching his head as it continued to throb.

“Well have some tea it’ll help. As for what happened well… Luna accidentally hit you over the head with her spear when you two were training last night, this had the affect of you falling and knocking yourself unconscious on the ground.” Celestia explained.

Anon was silent as he processed what she had just said. “Okay then as long as she didn’t mean to do that. Everything’s still working fine as far as I can tell so no harm done.” Anon said calmly before making sure that he could remember his name and his life on earth.

“Good to hear.” Celestia said pouring herself another cup of tea.

“So what did you want to talk about?” Anon asked the princess.

“Well last night Luna said you didn’t really tell her much about where you come from, so I wished to ask you about the world you came from.”

“Okay then, but you may not like what you hear.” Anon said getting a small nod from Celestia. “Well let me get the ugly truth out of the way. We humans aren’t the friendliest creatures on Earth. By the way Earth is where I come from.”

“Why wouldn’t humans be the friendliest creatures. You can’t be that bad. Can you?” Celestia asked worry and concern lacing her voice.

“Well from what I’ve seen and heard most humans are selfish, arrogant and a whole mess of other things. We are also constantly at war with ourselves. Also we’re continually killing our planet even though we keep saying that we’re trying to save it.” Anon said causing Celestia to wear a look of sadness.

“You’re serious aren’t you?” Celestia said solemnly. “That sounds awful.”

“It sort of is. But it isn’t all bad. Sometimes the bad things are what brings out the rare but best side of humans.”

“And what would that be?”

“How we come together to help each other during hardships.” Anon said a small smile on his face. “So I guess sometimes the bad things are good.”

“Guess it seems that way. So what do you think of Equestria?” Celestia asked catching Anon by surprise.

“Well it’s better than Earth. Why do you ask?”

“Well as far as I can tell you will have to stay here for the foreseeable future.”

“Let me guess you and Luna can’t send me back to Earth.”

Celestia gave a small chuckle before giving an answer. “Unfortunately you’re correct.”

“Okay then.” Anon said calmly. This calm tone caused Celestia to raise an eyebrow.

“You’re taking this quite calmly.”

“And that’s bad?”

“Well usually someone would be worried about this.” Celestia said to him.

“Well I am slightly panicking. Y’know new world and all that. But I’m pretty good at hiding my emotions, so that may be why you think that it’s weird I don’t have a worried expression on my face.” Anon explained.

“Well with that in mind you’d probably make a good guard hiding your emotions like that.” Celestia said placing a hoof to her chin in thought. “Maybe that’s what you should do. Become a guard.”

“Sounds fun.” Anon said slightly uneasy about what she had said. “Can I at least choose which guard I’m in?”

“Of course. Which guard did you have in mind?”

That managed to get Anon to pause and ponder which he would choose, which one interested him more. After a few moments he decided. “Lunar Guard if you wouldn’t mind.”

Celestia was slightly surprised to hear that. It wasn’t every day she heard someone say that they wanted to join the Lunar Guard. “Well you’ll have to ask Luna about that. Maybe tonight when you two practice again. That will give me time to explain why she should let you join her guard.” Celestia said to him.

“Thanks Tia.” Anon said before realizing what he had just said. “I can call you Tia right?” He asked sheepishly hoping she wouldn’t mind the nickname.

“Not at all Anon. But maybe keep the nickname to when it’s just you and me as well as a few other ponies, such as Luna.”

“Got it, I’ll keep that in mind.” Anon said as he got up from his seat. “You think Luna would be up?”

“Well it’s midday, so she probably would be.” Celestia said.

“Thanks again Tia.” Anon said giving her a wave as he went back into the castle heading towards Luna’s room.

After a few minutes Anon found himself standing outside of Luna’s room two thestral guards were flanking the entrance to her room. As Anon got closer to the guards he could feel their gaze on him, analyzing him wondering what he was going to do.

Anon then knocked on the door. After a few seconds the door’s handles were gripped in a dark blue aura as they opened to reveal Luna. “Guards I thought I told you to not disturb me unless…” Luna exclaimed to the guards before seeing Anon standing in front of her. “Anon good to see you please come in.” Luna said walking back into the room as the guards closed the door behind Anon as he followed Luna in to the room.

“I hope I didn’t interrupt anything Princess.” Anon said as he saw Luna take a seat on her bed.

“Not at all Anon, and please just call me Luna.” She said gesturing to a nearby chair for Anon to sit on. “How’s your head?” Luna asked empathy and worry in her voice.

“Oh it’s fine. Guess I’m here for a couple of reasons than. The first being to say that I’m okay with you knocking me unconscious.” Anon said getting a small chuckle from Luna.

“And the other thing?”

“Well I talked to Celestia and she said that I should join the guard, and I told her that sounded fun it’d give me something to do.”

“So did she let you into her Day Guard?” Luna asked a touch of annoyance lacing her tone.

“No. I actually came to ask if you would let me join the Lunar Guard.”

That managed to get Luna to perk up. “You want to join my guard. How come?”

“Well the Day Guard seems quite boring. Another reason is because I thought that you would be able to teach me the ins an outs of your guard, seeing as how they’re under your command.” Anon explained to her.

“Well I would have to think about it.” Luna said placing a fore-hoof to her chin. “How about I discuss this with the captain of the Lunar Guard and I’ll give you an answer tonight during training.” Luna said.

“Thanks Luna.” Anon said a smile plastered on his face. “So should I meet you outside your room for training or go to the courtyard?”

“The courtyard will be fine.” Luna said hopping off of her bed. “You best get some rest before tonight Anon as I think tonight’s lesson will be quite long if things go well with the captain.” Luna said opening the door for them both.

“Got it Luna. By the way thanks for this.” Anon said before heading off towards his room.

“You’re welcome Anon!” Luna called after him before she made her way towards the Lunar Guard barracks.

After Anon had got some rest and dinner, he made his way out to the courtyard that he and Luna were at last night. As he made his way onto the courtyard he heard a noise coming from above him. When he looked up he found his vision filled with a dark grey as something grasped onto his head.

After a few seconds of flailing Anon grasped the assailant and threw it away from him. After Anon had thrown the thing off of him he took a defensive stance looking over to see that the thing that had pounced on him was a pony. A thestral to be exact as Anon noticed the leathery bat wings.

“You’re right Lady Noctis he is quite proficient. Never had my grab countered by anyone other than yourself.” The Thestral said to Luna who Anon had finally taken notice of as she sat on a nearby bench.

“So would so say that he is good enough to be in the Lunar Guard, Captain?” Luna said to the Thestral before shifting her gaze to Anon. “Oh Anon, before you ask this is Captain Moonblade,” Luna said gesturing to the Thestral. “He is the current Captain of my Lunar Guard.”

“Well nice to meet you sir.” Anon said holding out a hand towards Moonblade.

After placing a fore-hoof in Anon’s hand and shaking it he removed his hoof from his grasp before looking to Luna. “Well he’s your responsibility Lady Noctis.” Moonblade said before leaving the courtyard.

“Well then it seems you’ve met the approval of the Captain. How do you feel?” Luna asked excitement in her voice.

“Confused. Does this usually happen to new recruits?” Anon asked Luna.

“Not really. But I thought that you deserved special treatment.” Luna said with a smirk. “Well then let us begin our lesson.”

After Luna levitated Anon’s sword over to him a loud growl could be heard from a nearby bush causing Luna to freeze up. “Um what was that?” Anon asked Luna as she aimed her spear at the bush.

“A Timberwolf. Anon stay behind me.” Luna said as Anon took a few steps back from the bush.

After a few moments a small figure stumbled out from the bush. “That’s a Timberwolf?” Anon said looking at the small wooden wolf. “It’s so small.” Anon said taking a few steps towards the small wolf.

“Anon stay away from it!” Luna exclaimed as Anon picked up the small wolf.

“Luna I don’t know what you’re worried about. This thing’s only a pup.” Anon said as he brought the pup over to Luna. “By the looks of it it seems hurt.” Anon said making his way towards the castle.

“It does maybe the nurses will be able to take care of it.” Luna said following after Anon still cautious of the small pup.

“Hey Luna, how about we give it a name.” Anon said as they made their way towards the infirmary.

“Alright then what do you want to call it?”

“How about Alpha.” Anon said as arrived at the infirmary.