• Published 19th May 2016
  • 5,776 Views, 108 Comments

Paladin Anon - The7thElement



Sit back and relax as I tell you of the journey of a knight of Equestria who goes by the name of Anon.

  • ...
36
 108
 5,776

An encounter with darkness.

As Anon woke up he was blinded by the morning sun as it crept through his room’s windows. “Knew I should’ve closed the curtains last night.” Anon said as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

As he hopped out of bed he noticed that Alpha was still asleep. “Guess Timberwolves can sleep through the blinding sun.” Anon said to himself with a small chuckle. After changing into his dark blue and purple light armor he heard a knock coming from the door to his room.

As he made his way towards the door Alpha stirred awake giving a small sniff into the air before lowering his head back into sleep. ‘Well that saves me worrying about whether there is a friend or foe knocking at my door.’ Anon thought as he opened the door to find Raven.

“Good morning Anon. How was your sleep?” She asked Anon as he let out a small yawn.

“Uneventful.” Anon said thinking back to how Luna hadn’t been visiting him in his dreams like she said she would. “Now if I may ask why are you here Raven? Does Celestia wish to see me?”

“Yes she does. She also asks that you bring Alpha with you.” As Raven said this Alpha joined the two at the door.

“Well then lead the way Miss Raven.” Anon said before following Raven down the halls of the castle.

“If I may ask Anon, is Princess Luna alright?” Raven asked as they walked through the halls.

“She is why do you ask?”

“Well she’s just been unusually quiet, she’s also been keeping to herself quite a bit.”

“Well she says that she’s fine but… I don’t know. To tell you the truth Raven all that Luna says is that she is fine whenever I ask her how she is. That’s all she’ll tell me, and it frustrates me to no end.” Anon said as they found themselves outside of the throne room.

“Well then I’ll let you go then. I have business to attend to.” With that said Raven left as Anon and Alpha entered the Throne room.

“Anon, Alpha good to see you both.” Celestia said as Anon and Alpha approached her.

“Good to see you as well Tia. Now if I may ask why have you summoned me Princess?”

“Down to business as usual I see. Well then you know of the little project that I have been working on correct?” She asked Anon as he gave a small nod.

“Yes the city and castle on top of the mountain on the other side of the Ponyville valley. What did you call?”

“Canterlot.”

“Ah yes that’s it. What about it?”

“Well I want you to go over there and make sure that it is safe by your standards. As I plan to move from this castle in the Everfree to Canterlot’s castle.”

“So you’re wanting me to make sure your new house is ready to receive you, Luna and anyone else that works in your current castle.”

“Precisely.”

“Well that sounds like fun. Now how exactly am I getting there?”

“Just hang onto Alpha and I’ll teleport you and him there.” She said before her horn began to glow.

After placing his hand on Alpha’s head Anon found his vision filled with a bright light as he experienced teleportation.

After finding his vision was no longer filled with a bright golden light he decided to collapse onto the ground on his hands and knees. “Are you alright sir?” A voice said from in front of Anon.

When Anon looked up he saw a light blue unicorn with an orange mane, he also saw that he was wearing the golden uniform of the Day Guard. “I’m fine soldier just not used to teleportation.” Anon said as he slowly got off the ground, Anon also noticed that the guard was staying unusually calm around Alpha.

“By the way sir the name’s Lieutenant Quick Spell.” Quick said giving Anon a salute.

“Well good to meet you Quick.” Anon said returning the salute. “I’m guessing Princess Celestia sent word about Alpha and I’s arrival.” Anon said gesturing to Alpha as the Timberwolf walked around Quick taking in his scent.

“Yes she did. Now if you would follow me sir I shall take you to the architect so that you can oversee the Castle’s plans.” Quick said as he turned towards the castle.

“Guess the Princess couldn’t teleport us directly to the architect could she.” Anon said to Alpha as they followed Quick into the castle.

“I must say it is an honor to meet you sir.” Quick said as they made their way through Canterlot Castle’s halls. All the while Anon was taking in every detail as he memorized the route.

“And why’s that Lieutenant?”

“Well I’ve only heard stories about how you managed to beat an Ursa Minor.”

“Well it wasn’t a Minor it was a Major, also I didn’t just beat it by myself. If it wasn’t for the Princesses and Alpha, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.” Anon said gesturing to Alpha as they made their way into what Anon could guess as the Throne Room.

As he took in the sight of the dual thrones at the opposite end of the room Anon noticed that a small wooden table with a stack of papers was between him and the thrones. From behind the stack of papers appeared an old stallion that Anon didn’t recognize. “Ah Lieutenant good to see that you got our guest.”

“Of course sir.” Quick said as he and Anon joined the elderly stallion at the table.

“Before you ask Anon, my name is Swift Quill. I’m the stallion that’s overseeing the building of this castle.” Swift said before extending a hoof which Anon gladly shook. “As you may have seen I also designed the layout of Canterlot city.”

“I was wondering who the pony was that could make a city on top of a mountain. Glad to finally meet that pony. So I guess you have already been informed about why I’m here.”

“Yes I have. But as you may have noticed we have yet to finish constructing the castle and it would be a great help if you could overlook the plans.” Swift said gesturing to the pile of papers. “Also Princess Celestia recommended that you get to design your own room so I held the builders off from making that.” He said gesturing to a certain blueprint that was labeled ‘Anon’s Quarters.’

“Well thanks for that Swift.” Anon said as he began to draw up plans for his quarters.

A few hours had passed since Anon had begun drawing up plans for his quarters but as the sun began to set he finally finished.

“Finally done sir?” Swift asked as he returned from overlooking other duties. He also had Quick by his side as he joined Anon at the table.

“Yeah hopefully.” Anon said as he looked down at Alpha. “So how am I to get back to the Princesses?”

“I am to teleport you back sir.” Quick said.

“Okay then well how about I make it easier on you.” Anon said before waking up Alpha who had fallen asleep during Anon’s time planning his room. “Hey Alpha you okay to stay here for the night?”

At this Alpha gave a small nod to Anon. “Alright then well when you teleport me make sure you take care of him got it Quick.”

“Yes sir.” Quick said giving a salute as his horn began to glow.

“Don’t worry Alpha I’ll be back before you know it.” Anon said as his vision was filled with light as he was teleported.

As Anon’s vision was cleared of the light he found himself outside of the Everfree castle. His heart then preceded to stop as he saw that part of the castle was on fire. As he ran towards the castle he took notice that it was being evacuated luckily for him a certain pegasi guard had taken notice of him.

“Sir! Thank goodness you’re here.” Swift Wing said running up to Anon.

“What’s happening?!” Anon exclaimed all the while wondering where Celestia and Luna were.

“The castle’s under attack sir. Princess Celestia ordered an evacuation to Ponyville, while she deals with the invader.”

“What of Princess Luna?” Anon asked worried about the Princess of the Night.

“Unknown sir.” Swift said before Anon took off into the castle. “Sir where are you…” Swift said before realizing he should be dealing with the evacuation. ‘Good luck sir.’ Swift thought to himself before running off towards Caring Needle who was helping with the evacuation.

After running through the halls Anon came to the dining room to find Celestia on a table. Anon than rushed to her side to support her as she got up.

“Celestia what the buck is going on?!” Anon exclaimed as he made sure that she was alright.

“Anon. It’s Luna she’s been corrupted.” Celestia said as she righted herself.

“What…What do you mean?”

“That’s what I presume is what happened to her. She now is calling herself Nightmare Moon.” This caused Anon to pause a chill running down his spine at the mention of the name.

“What do you want me to do Celestia?” Anon asked calming himself.

“Anon I need you to distract her whilst I get the Elements.” Celestia said making her way towards the Dining Room’s doors.

As Anon got close to her an explosion could be heard somewhere nearby. As they exited the dining room the doors exploded behind them smoke filling the doorway. “Celestia go.” Anon said readying his sword and shield.

“Good luck Anon.” Celestia said before making off towards the Elements of Harmony’s chamber.

“Good to see my most loyal of servants has arrived.” A dark voice said from behind Anon.

As Anon turned around he saw a dark alicorn clad in silver armor standing in the doorway to the dining room. “Sorry but I serve Princess Luna.” Anon said standing his ground.

“But don’t you realize that I am Princess Luna, only better in every aspect.” The dark mare said.

“Sorry never heard of you who are you?” Anon said hoping to lengthen the conversation to distract this mare so Celestia could get to the Elements.

“I’ll forgive your insolence this one-time creature.” The mare said as a dark mist clouded her hoofs. “I am the true ruler of Equestria. NIGHTMARE MOON!” She boomed in what Anon had come to know as the voice that either of the princesses would use when commanding someone.

“Okay then. What do you want?!” Anon shouted at her.

“Simple I wish to kill Celestia, take control of Equestria and bring about Eternal Night!” She exclaimed.

“Well sorry but I can’t let you do that.” Anon said raising his shield slightly.

“So this is treason Captain Anon. But that isn’t your true title is it. No. Luna decided to give you a new rank. The rank of Paladin correct?”

“She did yes.”

“Well then Paladin I give you one final chance to join me by my side.”

“Sorry but I ain’t joining you Nightmare Moon. I serve the Princesses not a false pretender.” Anon said before raising his shield even more.

“Very well then. Your fate has been decided.” Nightmare said before her horn began to glow and a magical beam shot out towards Anon.

Luckily for Anon his shield had managed to take most of the damage. But the shield didn’t take all of it.

After a few seconds Anon let out a scream of pain as he dropped his sword and clutched his arm. Apparently the magical beam had broken his shield but that wasn’t the only thing that was broken his left arm was as well.

“You still stand?” Nightmare said as she approached him. “Stand no more.” She said as she shot out another beam of magic into Anon’s chest. Once this beam hit Anon’s chest he went flying into a wall. “Not much of a fight are you? Hopefully Celestia will put up more of a fight when I beat her.” Nightmare said as Anon’s vision was slowly filled with darkness.

Raven was currently running through part of the castle making her way towards the Elements of Harmony’s chamber. ‘If Princess Celestia is anywhere she’ll be getting the Elements.’ Raven thought to herself.

As she rounded a corner she found that the door to the dining room had been broken. As she made her way down the hall towards the Element’s chamber she found Anon unconscious.

“Anon!” She exclaimed rushing over to his side.

As she began to shake him Anon slowly woke up. “Raven what are you doing here?” He said wincing as he moved his broken arm.

“I’m going to help Celestia. She can’t use the Elements by herself.” Before she could say anything else a large explosion could be heard from the Element’s Chamber. “C’mon we have to go!” Raven said as Anon got up.

“Then let’s go!” Anon said grabbing his sword as he followed Raven.

Once they made it to the Chamber they opened the door to see that Nightmare Moon was diving towards Celestia. The next second Raven and Anon’s vision was filled with a blinding light as they heard Nightmare Moon let out a ghastly scream.

As soon as the light subsided a light explosion echoed throughout the chamber which caused Anon and Raven to be thrown against a nearby wall. For the second time that night Anon’s vision became filled with dark shadows.

Before he could lose himself to the darkness he saw a Celestia’s face fill his vision as she checked on him and Raven. Anon then noticed that her eyes were filled with tears as she tried to say something but the words never reached his ears as he lost himself to sleep.

A day later

“Urgh my head.” Anon groaned as he slowly woke up.

As he woke up he took in his surroundings he saw that he was in a medical ward. Across from him on another bed was Raven who was slowly waking up. He then took notice that Alpha was resting in the center of the room between his and Raven’s beds.

Before Anon or Raven could say anything the door to the room swung open, revealing Celestia. “Raven, Anon good to see that you are both awake.” She said making her way to the middle of the room.

“Princess where are we?” Anon asked.

“We are in Canterlot Castle.” She said before going silent. “Anon, Raven I must tell you both something important.”

“What is it Princess?” Raven asked siting up in her bed slightly.

“When you two entered the chamber you witnessed me use the Elements to banish Luna to the moon.”

“YOU WHAT!?” Anon exclaimed louder than what he meant to. “I thought you said that you were going to use the Elements to cure her of Nightmare Moon.”

“DO YOU THINK I DON’T KNOW THAT!” Celestia yelled taking Raven and Anon by surprise. “I’m sorry Anon, but I tried to reason with her before resorting to using the Elements but she wouldn’t listen. I also couldn’t use the Elements to cure her as I needed somepony else to use the Elements with. All I could do was banish her or else she would have won.”

Anon then noticed that Celestia had tears in her eyes. “Celestia are you…”

“I’m alright.” Celestia said all to quickly for Anon’s liking but he decided to not follow it up. “Now as I was saying. When you two witness me banish Nightmare Moon to the moon you were touched by the magic of the Elements. This has had quite a number of affects upon you two.”

“What would those be Princess?” Raven asked.

“Well Raven you and Anon have a gift that is bestowed upon only to Alicorns. You are both ageless.”

“So we can’t age?” Anon asked her.

“Exactly. Anon the magical blast also managed to give you the ability to use magic as some of the Elements presence wove itself into your very being.”

“Whoa.” Anon said.

“Now Caring Needle ha informed me that the two of you will need rest so I will let you get it.” With that said Celestia turned and left.