• Published 14th May 2016
  • 6,643 Views, 164 Comments

So you're about to be a father with a Sun-Goddess. - TheDawsonator1



The Feel of Marriage and new responsibilities were finally settling down, but as life proves again, some things in life just can't be prepared for, as in this case...

  • ...
33
 164
 6,643

PreviousChapters Next
So we're having a baby, k thnx bye.

It’s been 2 and a half months since the conception, it can no longer be doubted that Celestia is pregnant in the public eye. The stomach of my wife has gotten too big (don’t say f word or you will die slowly and painfully, doubly so for saying that to a woman and triple for it being Celestia) and Celestia and I agree that we cannot put it off any further for more than a week.

I woke up and found my wife gone, she’s probably started on her duties. It happens a lot but sometimes she stays longer and we enjoy each other’s company before we have to face the world, lately it just hasn’t been happening until nighttime.

Celestia’s parents still hang around the castle support Celestia all the way, they’re kind of excited for grandfoals and claim their daughter has grown up, news flash, that happened centuries ago. I still find it ironic that the Alicorn of Time is locked out of the time she came from, kind of funny isn’t it?

It feels like forever ago that I married Celestia and even longer that I first ended up in bed with her that night…argh! Why am I having such thoughts now? I just gotta go one day at a time.

Still, there’s a thought in my head that tells me I’m missing something, I don’t know what it is, maybe I’m just nervous being a father, maybe I’ve been too worried about Celestia and not enough about me. Or maybe I just feel like I won’t be the father the foal needs.

No I can’t let these thoughts weigh me down, I have a wife that needs me, a foal that needs me, I can’t afford to be weighed down by negative thoughts…


Today’s the day, we finally reveal the foal’s existence to all of Equestria. Yes, I am nervous, the public with the marriage was on fire when that was announced…uh…yeah, and the getting pushed off thing. Well this time I’m not doing it on a balcony, rather a stage, now the only thing I have to worry about is sniper rifle assassination…that really wasn’t a good thought!

“Jason, if you keep pacing and sweating like that I fear you may pass out” Cadence tells me.

“I know Cadence, it’s just that last time I announced this, things went wrong” I said.

“Jason! That sort of attitude isn’t going to get you anywhere, a true stallion in this situation looks not with doubt but with hope for his future alongside his wife” Shining scolds me.

“And a true mare won’t do too much of the speaking. Alicorn Pregnancy is not something to be messed with” Cadence adds.

“Well you did have knight in Shining Armor over here, heh heh” I joked.

“What?” Shining asked curiously.

“Wait, you don’t have the fairy tale here?” I ask.

“Fairy tale? Like Mare’s tale?” Cadence asked.

They don't know some good Fairy tales? Well I'm gonna go over to Flurry Heart the second she doesn't drag me around and tell her some kick-ass fairy tales!

“Oh my god, you ponies are missing out on a lot of romance humor just coming from this one alone, not really but a fair bit.” I said

“Well, while we wait, tell us of this tale?” Shining asks of me.

“Well I can’t remember exact words but the premise of the story is basically a Princess is kidnapped by a dragon and put in the tallest tower of his castle. Now a knight in armor a handsome one and his armor is shining, tall brave and the like shows up, slays the dragon and rescues the Princess and they all live happily ever after” I explain.

“That sounds very barbaric, besides, a Princess would totally kick the dragon’s flank” Cadence says.

“Not to mention the backlash the dragon would get for kidnapping a Princess somehow” Shining added.

“It’s a tale, and besides I say if a guy has shining armor then he hasn’t tested his mettle yet. Also you're thinking about it too much” I say

“You speak much like a battle-ready guard” Shining notes.

“Trust me, guard stuff is not for me, I don’t think I’m much of a fighter” I shake my head.

Me? Fighting? No thank you, that was a long time ago when I’d get into fights, I had a bully problem and I made sure they didn’t mess with me afterwards. I kind of stopped because once I started I didn’t stop. Besides, magic kind of kicks my ass mainly because I have none.

“I’d say with some training, you’d at least make a good defender, besides, all Princesses like a stallion that works out and can defend them at a moments notice” Shining says with a grin.

“Or maybe Princesses just like idiots to look at a stallions muscle and ride it all night long” Cadence adds in.

“Cadence!” Shining blushes

“Oh get a room you two, just try not to make a mess, the poor maid that does our beds is only getting used to the lack of sex we’re having and we’d hate to spoil that” I made fun of them.

“Watch it Jason, unless you wanna end up locked in a isolation room for hearts and hooves day” Cadence warns me.

“You’d have to get past Celestia first” I said to her.

“That’s easy, Auntie falls for cake every single time, why do you think the weight gain excuse was so believable?” Cadence asked.

“Fair point, just don’t tell my wife I said that” I conceded that point.

Cadence to me is a friend, she pops in rarely what with Flurry Heart and the Crystal Empire to run but she always talks to Celestia, Twilight and myself a lot. Shining’s kind of that bro but kind of a serious one, well he was a former Captain of the Royal Guard.

The doors opened and Rainbow Dash came in.

“We’re starting in a minute, Jason. Everything all good?” Dash asks me.

“Never better I guess Dashie, I think I feel much better than I was five minutes ago.” I reply.

Celestia came in, looking her usual gorgeous self, no foal weight adding will negate that.

“It’s time, shall we proceed Jason?” Celestia asks me.

“Ready when you are Sunshine” I stood next to her.

I am definitely more confident now, sometimes I just need to talk to someone you know? I walked out and there was a crowd waiting for us, and a lot of reporters and the like with their questions, I hate questions when they come from reporters, don’t get me started on the paparazzi.

“Mares and Gentlecolts, I have an announcement to make to you all” Celestia announced.

There was silence, nopony dared to speak as Celestia took a breath and I gave her a nod.

“It is with great pleasure than alongside Prince Jason Anderson as the sire. I, Princess Celestia…am pregnant” Celestia announces.

I think the reactions that came were along the lines of “WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??” And similar things of course. Questions followed but they were ordinary questions, we had answered as much as possible, in the end we took our leave. Overall it could have been better but it could have been worse.

It’s still a long way to go until the foal is born and seemingly there will be more trials, I think that as long as I remember I have friends and that my wife is by my side, I think I’ll get through this, and so should Celestia…

Author's Note:

It's December already and honestly, I WANT CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ALREADY! RAAAAARRRGHHHH! Also anyone that gives me gift cards will die a most painful death.

PreviousChapters Next