• Published 14th May 2016
  • 6,640 Views, 164 Comments

So you're about to be a father with a Sun-Goddess. - TheDawsonator1



The Feel of Marriage and new responsibilities were finally settling down, but as life proves again, some things in life just can't be prepared for, as in this case...

  • ...
33
 164
 6,640

PreviousChapters Next
The ending of this chapter will give a WTB so loud and powerful that it will break the fabric of the first, second, third and fourth walls themselves, you really haven't been warned.

You know, it always eats me everytime you have to keep secrets from ponies until the right time comes, it’s like that for keeping Celestia’s pregnancy secret but I guess my excuse is that I’m still coming to terms with this. But still I don’t like lying too much, it can get very consuming sometimes.

Part of me wants to just go full Twilight-grade crazy prepared and part of me…I don’t know. I am going to visit Rainbow Dash, haven’t seen in her in 3 months and I’m supposed to be one of her best friends but every time I want to, I get way too busy or Monster of the week shows up and that means lots of paperwork. What? Did you honestly think Celestia doesn’t keep a record of these happenings? She does, one day it’ll be useful, if you know my wife well, she’s a planner, she likes to be in control of her own life, plan good things for her friends and students.

But back to the point, I got on a chariot to Ponyville (which is basically free taxi service, since I can’t get my wings to stay existing to even learn how to fly), to go see Rainbow Dash to talk out the whole baby thing and catch up, if I have time I might go see Twilight and some of her friends and the Cakes (Before I officially came Prince, I worked all the hours I missed during the whole marrying Celestia thing. Well I kind of owed it to them).

Ponyville as I arrived, didn’t seem to have changed much, it’s still…Ponyville, there really isn’t a way to describe it, it’s that town you kinda like cause its quiet and bloody chaotic at the same time. Yeah and I spent a few years of my life here after being tossed through a portal, the portal was kinda rude about it too, didn’t even have consent to be chucked into it.

“You gents enjoy yourselves for a few hours, meet at Twilight’s castle when you’re done because I might be a while” I say to the guards who tried their best to hide their excitement at doing some leisure time around town.

I appreciate guards, I really do. Sure they kinda are useless in defending Princesses and stuff because Alicorns are the strongest beings in Equestria but I guess I kinda have magical power that can’t be tapped into for longer than 30 seconds, so I guess the guards have some sense of purpose with me and plus Celestia would ram the sun right into the planet if I died. But they have hard jobs and they ain’t gonna be doing anything at all, so I be nice and besides, Celestia has agents watching me anyway, she thinks I don’t know but I do, I just humor her though.

Now, where to find Rainbow? Her cloud house would be start if I could fly, although I could always just go talk to Twilight and she’ll get Rainbow.

“Hey Jason!” A male voice called from behind.

I looked and it was Spike, last I heard, he had started dating the Dragon Lord, Ember. I met her once, Spike must have made an impact on her, it’s good he moved past Rarity, you have NO idea how long that took and how much pain for him and all that cared had.

“Hey Spike, how’re you doing, buddy?” I greet Spike.

“I’m doing good, what about you?” Spike asks.

“Er…alright I suppose” I say to him.

“Something wrong?” Spike asks me when he noticed my look.

“Just busy days at the office, it can't be helped” I sort of lie.

Spike is a nice guy but I did feel bad for lying to him, but it’s necessary for now.

“You seen Rainbow Dash anywhere? I need to talk to her, Twilight too” I ask Spike.

“Twilight’s in the castle, Rainbow Dash is…in her house I think” Spike thought for a moment.

“Thanks Spike, I better go talk to dear old Dashie, before I go, how’s things with Ember?” I ask Spike about his relationship.

“We’re getting serious, although when I last visited, Torch gave me the “If you hurt my daughter I will kill you” line” Spike says to me.

“Dads do that, even on Earth, I call it a sign he’s starting to approve of you if you keep showing how good you are for Ember, if he doesn’t, doesn’t matter really, it’s up to you and Ember if you love each other, but I shall see you later Spike” I wave goodbye.

“Bye Jason” I hear Spike call to me as I went towards Dash’s house.

I remember the day when I told Dash I had kinda slept with Celestia and had to get married to her, she was understanding about it…in her own way, okay she was like DUDE! YOU TOTALLY SCORED! Heh Heh, i know a few people on Earth that would've liked Dash, my brother included. I would have escaped Luna that day if it weren’t for that meddling little bunny. Good times though.

But back to Dash, she now goes with the Wonderbolts every so often, it’s been her life-long dream since she watched the first Wonderbolt show. I remember her jumping around so happily and then zooming in the air happily that she may have been mistaken for Pinkie Pie (That mare once went off like a firework, literally!)

“OOOH RAINNNBOOOOOW!” I yelled up the cloud house.

Waiting…waiting…waiting…

“Jason? Is that you?” Dash says

“No, it’s the other Prince, Shining Armor” I said sarcastically.

Dash zoomed out and hugged me with a tackle, didn’t know she missed me THAT much.

“Dashie, little air here, besides, Soarin wouldn't like that.” I say as I started running out of air.

Pinkie, you’re getting competition in death hugs, step your game up sister.

“Sorry, it’s just that SOMEPONY hasn’t come to visit in forever, I thought you forgot about us” Dash points an accusatory hoof at me.

“Aw come on Dash, it’s not like that, you know being a Prince is busy as hell, although if the nobles laid off I’d have more time to visit” I explained myself.

“I know, I’m only messing with you, bro.” Dash laughs.

“Yeah well, anyway, I need to talk to you and Twilight alone because I’m going to be honest my visit kinda had a reason to it other than to see my friends here.” I say to Dash.

I do have to tell her and Twilight about Celestia’s pregnancy, they’re going to find out sooner or later but I’d think Dash would rather hear it from me and Twilight…well I think it’s better Celestia didn’t tell her about it…obvious reasons.

“Wait…I know that look, what did you do?” Dash asks me.

“Later, first we’re getting Twilight and don’t worry it’s not saving-the-world stuff or anything like that, it’s just that you’ll know sooner or later and I’d rather tell you and Twilight in person…er…pony, sorry still mix up some terms.” I explain.

“No hints or anything?” Dash asked hopefully.

“Nope, none, you’ll have to wait like a good little filly” I shoot down those hopes.

“Aw come on, pleeeeeeeassseee?” Dash asked me.

“I assure you I don’t want to do this twice, trust me on this Dash” I answer that.

“Fine.” Dash gives up.

As I was going to Twilight’s castle, I couldn’t help but admire the…nostalgic feel of this town. Oh don’t get me wrong, this town is absolutely CRAZY, but still, I spent a few years in here and it grows on you and you really like it. I’ve been in Canterlot for a whole year and still I look out on Ponyville in the distance and it feels like it was years ago since I was living there.

We arrived at Twilight’s castle as we headed in, knowing Twilight, she was most likely buried in a book or doing some Princess stuff. Hmmm, wonder how her student Starlight Glimmer is? I only met her once and she was a nervous wreck for somepony being a villain once but I hear she’s really nice now through Celestia telling me. Let’s just say Celestia still keep a close eye on Ponyville, not because she’s anxious or anything, it pays to know when something happens there because let’s face it, all the villains have some sort of attraction to the Canterlot-Ponyville area but more Ponyville itself.

“Hey Twi, where are ya? Jason wants to talk to you?” Dash called out through the castle.

“Right behind you” I hear Twilight’s voice.

That's two times somepony or somedragon has been right behind me, do I hear three?

“Hey Twilight” Dash waves.

“Hi Rainbow, Hi Jason, so what’s going on?” Twilight greets us.

“Hey Twilight, well I kind of have something to tell you and Dashie here…in private, uh…where would that be?” I say my intentions.

“Follow me, would you like tea or coffee?” Twilight asks as we follow her.

“I’m good, besides this will be a short visit” I answer

Twilight’s castle is oddly confusing, doesn’t help there are no maps or anything and the doors and hallways are evenly spaced and look the same, somepony really needs to tell Twilight to make a map of this place because there aren’t any architect plans lying around, mainly due to the fact that this castle just sprouted up from a rainbow. Try telling anyone on Earth that happened and have fun trying to get them to believe it happened, you’d be sent to the insane asylum faster than Rainbow Dash when she does a Rainboom.

We found ourselves a room with privacy as Twilight, Dash and I sat down.

“So Jason, what are we doing here?” Dash asks

“I would very much like to know what this is about as well” Twilight looks to me.

“So um, it’s about Celestia and I and well…we’ve been very much in love and uh like a week back we kinda found out…” I trailed off.

Oh get it together Jason, you’ve told difficult things before! This should be second nature by now, hell even first nature.

“What is it? Spit it out dude!” Dash urges me.

“Rainbow Dash!” Twilight scolded Dash.

“Well you see, when a human and a Princess got in bed after a busy night and pranking the hell out of Luna, we maaaaay have gotten Celestia some living weight…” I awkwardly explain.

This is the worst explanation I have ever done, if I tell my child this story I am altering this part.

“What?” Dash looked confused.

“I…uh...Celestia’spregnantandI’mthefather” I say quickly.

“What? Little slower please.” Dash requested.

“My wife, Princess Celestia, she’s pregnant with a foal and I’m the sire” I say slower.

“…Whoa, you’re gonna be a father? No kidding?” Dash asks me.

“Uh yeah, I guess, still coming to terms with that, don’t tell anypony else, we’ll announce it soon” I say to Dash.

"Congratulations dude! And uh...good job little Jason" Dash says to my uh...private parts...this is embarassing.

Surprisingly, Twilight didn't scold Dash for that one.

“This is big, the Princess and you are gonna be parents, it’s gonna be an awesome foal” Dash says.

“Yeah um…you are totally gonna be an Aunt, same with Luna and Cadence and you Twilight…uh Twilight?” I noticed Twilight had a stunned look on her face.

“Let me get this straight...Princess Celestia…is pregnant? And you’re the father?” Twilight looked at us strangely.

Uh oh…

“Uh yes?” I nod to confirm it.

3…2…1…

"What the BU- Twilight’s voice boomed loudly before cutting out.

(The rest of the chapter you are looking for just got destroyed by Twilight Sparkle. Yes, her reaction was so loud and powerful, it broke the fourth wall and destroyed the end bit of a chapter! Remind me not to mess with her.)

Author's Note:

Citizens from across the world have reported hearing a disturbance from a shouting female Alicorn known as Twilight Sparkle. This situation has been described as R.I.P Headphone users D:

So, Sorry for taking so long, there was lots of unis lots of exams, stuff like that. Was gonna do it yesterday before I got scared for life but here it is so no more rambling. But yes next chapter there will be bigger stuff happening, stay tuned...oh wait you can't change the channel, this is a computer/tablet/whatever the hell you're watching it on that's not TV, you can't change channels! Also I may have tied you to the chair until the next chapter while you were distracted.

PreviousChapters Next