• Published 7th Apr 2016
  • 269 Views, 2 Comments

Ghosts Of Equestria - CakeGrenade



Detective Harvey Humphrey Humbersnatchel is a Ghost Hunter...join him on his quest

  • ...
 2
 269

Prologue

It all began on the night of the summer sun celebration...but first...a backstory

Mr Harvey Harley Humphrey Humbersnatchel left his home in Canterlot and moved to a nice, empty, lonely, dark and scary mansion on a hill near ponyville and stayed there and never left...because unlike the man he is today Mr Humbersnatchel was scared of every single thing in Equestria.

May it be Lions, tigers or bears (oh my) he was scared of it.

But one night he decided to look at the Ponyville library (rip) for a few books to read, as it was terribly boring in that nice, empty, lonely, dark and scary mansion of his...and a specific book caught his eye: The Ghosts of Equestria, "what in Equestria could that be about" He thought to himself as he lifted the book of the shelf and took a peek at the pages...so many spooks, ghouls, creeps, and ghosts were in this book..."how very interesting" Mr Humbersnatchel said "shame they are just fairy tales".

But little did he know, Mr Harvey Humphrey Humbersnatchel had just forged his destiny...in stone (note: Humbersnatchel still hadn't got his cutie mark at this point in time...even though he was at least 30 years of age)

----

Now...where was I?

oh yes

It all began on the night of the summer sun celebration...

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Who knocks on the door of Mr Harvey Humphrey Humbersnatchel?" Mr Humbersnatchel said to the grey post pony standing at his door

"its just me Mr Humbersnatchel" Derpy replied

"Ok then" He said back

"Are you going to be at the summer sun celebration?" Derpy said...handing him todays copy of 'GHOST HUNTER DAILY'

"What in the devils goat is the summer sun celebration?" Mr Humbersnatchel asked

"Princess Celestia is visiting ponyville to raise the sun!" Derpy stated...looking excited

"GOSH DILLY DANCING FEATHERS ON A POGO STICK!" He bawled "I MUST VISIT THIS HOO-HAH OF A CELEBRATION, I SHALL MEET YOU THERE!"

"Okay dokey Mr Humbersnatchel!" She said as she flew away to the next house.

*at the summer sun celebration*

Rarity pulled back the curtain to reveal the one true god of equestria...

but she wasn't there...

"Derpy...you lied to me" Humbersnatchel shouted

there was nothing but silence

"Remain calm everypony...there has to be a reasonable explanation" Said Mayor Mare

"Ooh I love guessing games" Pinkie pie chipped in "Is she hiding?"

Rarity appeared over the balcony and said the words everypony was regretting "She's gone"

*GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP*

"Ooooh...she's good" Pinkie Pie said...still thinking that its a game "AAAHHH!"

suddenly this blue smoke appeared on the balcony and some sort of creature appeared within it: Nightmare moon

"oh..my beloved subjects" Nightmare moon growled "Its been so long since I've seen your sun loving faces"

Mr Humbersnatchel was scowling at her, studying the gas around her and tried to remember where he had seen that before...

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO OUR PRINCESS!!" Rainbow Dash shouted as she tried to fly towards Nightmare Moon...but was being help back by Applejack

"hahaha...why, am I not royal enough for you?" Nightmare Moon sniggered

That's when it hit him...she was a ghost

Humbersnatchel had read plenty of books on the subject and she was the kind that simply would not die...the only way to kill this sort of creature was to knock it out with a spade and use some sort of ray that would end her torment...so Humbersnatchel ran out of the room and headed to his house to look at his research

"Hahaha...it seems some ones got cold hooves" Nightmare Moon said

---

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Humbersnatchel ran around his house gathering all his vials and books and started talking to himself

"GHOSTS ARE REAL??!!" Humbersnatchel was sooooo happy...his life hasn't been a waste after all, but wait...how would he defeat her?

He was going to have to do more research...but he had no time...where could he find a book specifically for nightmare moon??

of course...the library, he could pop down there and find a book on Nightmare Moon.

"Good evening everypony" Humbersnatchel said to the mane 6 as he waltzed into the library "I am here for a book on Nightmare Moon"

"WHAT!?" Twilight replied "Why do you want to know about her?"

"Oh no reason" He lied "I just want a book on the matter"

Twilight passed him a book and Humbersnatchel walked away, on the way home he looked at the pages and noticed that she was an ancient creature sent to the moon by Celestia herself!

Humbersnatchel gathered his things, gathered his courage and ventured into...

THE EVERFREE FOREST!!!

The Everfree forest was very spooky and if ghosts were real...then this is the place to find them.

"Well this place definitely tickles my pickles" Humbersnatchel said as he grabbed a shovel "I must arm myself with the upmost haste"

Nightmare Moon noticed that Humbersnatchel was venturing into the Everfree forest to find her so she decided to send a few phantoms to slow him down...

"RRAAARGGHHH!!!" The creature Said

"PISSING NORA" Humbersnatchel said as he looked at his books to identify this foul abomination "Your a bloody phantom!!!"

"RRRAAARGH!!!" The creature said again

"The only way to stop you being a annoying little ghoul is" He checked his book "Using turnip seeds!!" Humbersnatchel threw turnip seeds at the phantom and the creature started having a massive heart attack, "What the hell man" Said the creature "that hurt"

"AAAARGH" Humbersnatchel yelled as he hit the phantom in the head with a shove many times "Go back to hell you foul creature!"

"Fine...fine" The creature was then absorbed into the ground and was never seen again

"YAY...im pretty good at this" Soon as he said this, Humbersnatchel was surrounded by a white light, and there it was...his cutie mark

"FUCK YEAH!!!!" Humbersnatchel yelled with glee "I'm not useless anymore"

After about and hour of beating the sense out of all the ghosts, ghouls, phantoms, spooks and crocodiles in the Everfree forest, (Now Known as Detective) Humbersnatchel found himself at the foot of a very scary looking castle...he walked in and saw the ponies from earlier floating in mid air with rainbow light beaming off them...

Detective Harvey Humphrey Humbersnatchel checked his book once more before grabbing six purple mushrooms, pounding them into a paste, then poured the paste into a water pistol and walked casually towards Nightmare Moon, unaware of his presence due to the floating rainbow ponies (that are now firing friendship lasers at her). Humbersnatchel squirted the Moon God with the pistol and she started to crumble...and then fall over with a white light as the rainbow lasers in gulfed her crumbling body.

Then without any warning the sun came up...and low and behold: Princess Celestia was in the room...

"Well done my little ponies" Celestia said to Twilight "You have saved the day"

"Wasn't just us...it was that brown unicorn pony over there who helped as well" Twilight said as she pointed to Humbersnatchel

"Oh...what is your name..." Celestia asked him

"Detective Harvey Humphrey Humbersnatchel: The great Ponyville Ghost Hunter of the 2000th century" He replied

"Oh" Celestia said back

---

And that day...Detective Humbersnatchel became a professional Ghost Hunter

stay tuned for his next adventure!!!

Author's Note:

AHHH
Hope you enjoyed that
I definitely did

Comments ( 2 )

Would you smooch a ghost?

7102779
Never thought of it

Login or register to comment