• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 5,591 Views, 263 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Equus - moviemaster8510



An aspiring duelist's life changes forever when the world of Equestria appears near Earth.

  • ...
61
 263
 5,591

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 48: Gilda

Zelda and Rainbow Dash were shot from the portal. Just as Zelda was about to collide with the ground, Rainbow Dash flew down and carried her to her feet. Zelda had to take a moment to breath. Unlike the site of the duel with Trixie, this area was much more open with grass, and right behind them on the other side of the ring of water was the Wilson Hall.

“Thanks for the save,” she panted.

“No problem,” responded Rainbow Dash. “I never leave my friends hanging.”

“Ain’t that the truth,” growled a familiar voice from above.

Zelda and Rainbow Dash looked up to see Gilda dive towards the ground and landed right on her fours, her wings spread out for dramatic effect.

“So,” she continued, irritated. “This is who I’m going to have to deal with?”

“What’s wrong with us?”

“Nothing, really. I was just hoping to get some Stone of Equus bearers in here. However, this is fine.”

“What’s fine.”

“I’ll be able to take out two of my greatest enemies: the traitor, and my former best friend.”

“Gilda,” whispered Rainbow Dash, “what happened to you?”

“Oh, so NOW you care,” shouted Gilda having picked up Rainbow Dash’s words.

“Gilda! What you did to my friends was unforgivable. I could never keep someone a friend who treats my other friends like that.”

“Friends you only knew for a few weeks at the most? As opposed to your first childhood friend?”

“You changed Gilda. I don’t know what happened, but you’re not the griffon I knew and befriended.”

“No, I’m not. I’m now more powerful alone than I could ever be with any of your lame-o friends.”

Zelda, watching the two squabble, thought.

Come on, she thought, her aviator goggles glowing slightly, come to me.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

From the Wilson Hall parking lot, Zelda’s glider flew from its spot and towards Zelda’s location.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Gilda,” continued Rainbow Dash, “you’ve had this coming for a long time!”

Rainbow Dash flew to Gilda and tackled her to the ground. As Rainbow Dash and Gilda wrestled on the ground, Zelda’s glider flew down and allowed her to mount it.

“Come on!” yelled Zelda. “We’re not getting anywhere like this!”

Zelda then lifted herself up in the air, prompting Rainbow Dash to fly up too. Gilda remained on the ground, watching as Rainbow Dash and Zelda hovered around fifty feet above her.

“Let’s settle this,” spoke Gilda. “Once and for all!”

She then darted to the north and away from the ring, leaving Zelda and Rainbow Dash to give chase. The area north to east of Fermilab was very grassy with little to no residencies, providing an excellent place to have an aerial riding duel. Zelda’s D-Pad appeared upon her arm while Rainbow Dash unsheathed hers. Gilda’s D-Pad appeared on her arm as well.

“Speed World 2,” shouted Zelda. “Set on!”

Rainbow Dash saw on her tablet’s screen that Speed World was activating. A holographic aura shot from Zelda’s gilder, covering the vast area around them.

“Woah,” exclaimed Rainbow Dash, “your glider can do that?”

“You never know when it would come in handy,” explained Zelda.

“Are we done yet?” yelled Gilda. “This is total Snoresville.”

“No,” growled Rainbow Dash. “We’re not done. Not by a long shot.”

Zelda, Rainbow Dash, and Gilda drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they all yelled.

Zelda and Rainbow Dash vs. Gilda

Zelda’s Turn: Z:1 RD:0 G:0 – Zelda activates the speed spell Overboost, increasing her speed counters by four (SpC.: 1 -> 5). Next, she activates Summons Speeder, allowing her to special summon a level 4 or lower monster from her hand when she has four or more speed counters, choosing Gusto Codor (ATK: 1000 DEF: 400). Zelda then normal summons Gusto Falco (ATK: 600 DEF: 1400).

Zelda tunes Gusto Codor with Gusto Falco to synchro summon Daigusto Gulldos (ATK: 2200 DEF: 800). When Gusto Falco is sent to the graveyard (except by battle), Zelda can special summon a Gusto monster from her deck in face down defense position.

During the end phase, with Overboost’s effect, her speed counters return to 1 (SpC.: 5 -> 1).

Zelda places two cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“Can you do something with that, Rainbow?” asked Zelda.

“You bet!” she answered.

***************************************************
Rainbow Dash’s Turn: Z:1 RD:1 G:0 – Rainbow Dash summons T.G. Cyber Magician (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Rainbow Dash activates T.G. Cyber Magician’s effect, allowing her to synchro summon monsters using T.G. monsters in her hand as the synchro material. Rainbow Dash tunes T.G. Warwolf and T.G. Drill Fish in her hand with T.G. Cyber Magician to synchro summon T.G. Wonder Magician (ATK: 1900 DEF: 0).

Rainbow Dash tunes Zelda's Daigusto Gulldos with T.G. Wonder Magician to accel synchro summon T.G. Blade Blaster (ATK: 3300 DEF: 2200).

Rainbow Dash places one card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

Gilda exhaled through her teeth, upset that her opponent already summoned such a powerful monster.

“Whatever…” muttered Gilda.

***************************************************
Gilda’s Turn: Z:1 RD:1 G:1 – Gilda sets one monster.

Gilda places three cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-3
***************************************************

“Watch out,” warned Rainbow Dash to Zelda. “I’m pretty sure that’s not just for defense.”

“You be quiet!” yelled Gilda.

“Don’t you treat my friend like that,” snapped Zelda.

“Friends… What good are they?”

“Here, let me show you.”

***************************************************
Zelda’s Turn: Z:2 RD:2 G:2 – Zelda flip summons Kamui, Hope of Gusto (ATK: 200 DEF: 1000). When Kamui, Hope of Gusto is flip summoned, she can special summon a Gusto tuner monster from her deck, choosing Gusto Gulldo (ATK: 500 DEF: 500). Zelda then normal summons another Gusto Codor. Zelda tunes Gusto Codor with Gusto Gulldo to synchro summon Daigusto Sphreez (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1300).

Zelda activates the effect of Gusto Gulldo. When it’s sent to the graveyard, Zelda can special summon a level 2 or lower Gusto monster from her deck, choosing another Gusto Falco. Also, when Daigusto Sphreez is synchro summoned, she can add a Gusto monster from her graveyard to her hand, choosing the Gusto Falco in her graveyard.

Zelda tunes Kamui, Hope of Gusto with Gusto Falco to synchro summon Daigusto Falcos (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1200). When Daigusto Falcos is synchro summoned, all Gusto monsters on the field gain 600 ATK (ATK: 2000 -> 2600) (ATK: 1400 -> 2000). When Gusto Falco is sent to the graveyard (except by battle), Zelda can special summon a Gusto monster from her deck in face down defense position.

Zelda attacks Gilda’s face down monster with Daigusto Sphreeze, but Gilda activates Mirror Force, destroying all attack position monsters the opponent controls. Rainbow Dash attempts to activate Trap Jammer, but Gilda activates Curse of Royal, negating and destroying a spell or trap that would destroy another spell or trap card, choosing Trap Jammer. Mirror Force resolves.

Rainbow Dash activates T.G. Blade Blaster’s effect, banishing a T.G. monster in her graveyard (T.G. Warwolf) to banish T.G. Blade Blaster until the next standby phase. Zelda then activates Miracle’s Wake, special summoning a monster of hers that was destroyed this turn, choosing Daigusto Sphreez.

Zelda ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

She’s really protecting that monster, thought Rainbow Dash. I’ll just have to knock it down a few notches.

***************************************************
Rainbow Dash’s Turn: Z:3 RD:3 G:3 – Rainbow Dash attacks Gilda’s face down monster with T.G. Blade Blaster, which is a Meklord Army of Skiel (ATK: 1200 DEF: 1000). Gilda activates Card of Last Will, drawing five cards when a monster of hers is destroyed in battle. Also, when Meklord Army of Skiel is destroyed by battle, Gilda can special summon a Meklord Army monster from her deck, choosing Meklord Army of Granel (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1200).

Rainbow Dash places one card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

“Now,” spoke Gilda. “I can finally avenge myself for what you’ve done to me!”

“What are you talking about?” asked Rainbow Dash. “You’re the one who attacked my friends.”

“I thought I was your friend.”

“If you think that friends treat others the way you did with my other friends, then you’re the farthest from a friend in my book.”

“That’s why I’m going to crush you.”

***************************************************
Gilda’s Turn: Z:4 RD:4 G:4 – Gilda activates the speed spell High Speed Crash, destroying one card she controls to destroy one card on the field when she has at least two speed counters, choosing her Meklord Army of Granel and Zelda’s face down card. Gilda then activates the effect of Meklord Emperor Skiel from her hand, special summoning it from her hand when a monster she controls is destroyed by a card effect (ATK: 2200 DEF: 2200).

Gilda activates Meklord Emperor Skiel’s effect, equipping a Synchro monster that the opponent controls to it and gaining ATK equal to the equip card’s ATK, choosing Daigusto Sphreeze, but Rainbow Dash activates Super Sacrifice, switching the target of the effect to T.G. Blade Blaster (ATK: 2200 -> 5500). Gilda activates Meklord Emperor Skiel’s other effect, sending a monster equipped to it to the graveyard to be able to attack the opponent directly this turn (ATK: 5500 -> 2200).

Gilda attacks Zelda and Rainbow Dash directly with Meklord Emperor Skiel.

Zelda and Rainbow Dash’s Life Points: 8000 -> 5800

Gilda normal summons Ally of Justice Thousand Hands (ATK: 1700 DEF: 0).

Gilda places two cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“How does it feel?” yelled Gilda. “Just consider it a fraction of how I felt after you left me!”

“I already told you!” shouted Rainbow Dash. “That was your fault!”

“Is it my fault that I was born a griffon? Was it my fault that I was born a freak?”

Rainbow Dash seemed confused by these questions.

“You what?” she asked.

“When we went to flight camp together, you were my only reason for existing.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t play dumb with me. You saw how the other pegasi treated me. It’s because I wasn’t graced with hooves and was cursed with talons and a beak instead.”

“Gilda…”

“No. You’ve chosen your retched pony brethren over me, now go. Fight me!”

“With pleasure,” butted in Zelda.

“Wait!” yelled Rainbow Dash.

***************************************************
Zelda’s Turn: Z:5 RD:5 Z:5 – Zelda flip summons Gusto Thunbolt (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1200). Next, she normal summons the Gusto Falco from her hand. Zelda tunes Gusto Thunbolt and Gusto Falco to synchro summon Daigusto Griffin (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1300). When Gusto Falco is sent to the graveyard (except by battle), Zelda can special summon a Gusto monster from her deck in face down defense position. Zelda tunes Daigusto Sphreez with Daigusto Griffin to accel synchro summon Gusto Flaming Pheenix (ATK: 3300 DEF: 2500).

Zelda attacks Meklord Emperor Skiel with Gusto Flaming Pheenix, but Gilda activates Shift, switching the target to Ally of Justice Thousand Hands. When Ally of Justice Thousand Hands battles a non-LIGHT monster, it’s destroyed before damage calculation. Gilda then activates the effect of Meklord Emperor Wisel from her hand, special summoning it from her hand when a monster she controls is destroyed by a card effect (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2500).

Zelda places one card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-5800 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

“Gilda, I–”

“Shut up!” snapped Gilda. “Make your move!”

Rainbow grimaced, unable to reach her.

***************************************************
Rainbow Dash’s Turn: Z:6 RD:6 G:6 – Rainbow Dash sets one monster.

Rainbow Dash places one card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-5800 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

“If you thought my last attacks were rough,” spoke Gilda, “wait until you get a load of this!”

***************************************************
Gilda’s Turn: Z:7 RD:7 G:7 – Gilda activates Speed World 2’s effect, removing seven speed counters (SpC.: 7 -> 0), she can draw one card. Gilda summons Meklord Army of Wisel (ATK: 1800 DEF: 0). Gilda then special summons Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk, as she controls three Meklord monsters (ATK: 0 DEF: 0).

When Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk is summoned, she can send any number of Meklord monsters that she controls to the graveyard to have Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk gain ATK equal to the original ATK of the sent monsters, sending Meklord Emperor Skiel, Meklord Emperor Wisel, Meklord Army of Wisel to the graveyard (2200 + 2500 + 1800 = 6500, ATK: 0 -> 6500).

Gilda attacks Gusto Flaming Pheenix with Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk.

Zelda and Rainbow Dash’s Life Points: 5800 -> 2600

Zelda activates her Card of Last Will, drawing five cards when a monster she controls has been destroyed in battle.

During the end phase, Zelda can banish one Gusto synchro monster in her graveyard to special summon Gusto Flaming Pheenix from her graveyard and inflict damage equal half of the banished monster’s ATK, choosing Daigusto Sphreez (ATK: 2000).

Gilda’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7000

With Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk’s effect, when a synchro monster has been special summoned, Gilda can inflict 1000 points of damage to the opponent.

Zelda and Gilda’s Life Points: 2600 -> 1600

Gilda places one card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-6900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“Gilda!” yelled Rainbow Dash. “Enough beating around the bush!”

“I don’t want to hear it!” yelled Gilda.

“But I do!”

This response seemed to shock Gilda.

“Please Gilda. If you’re hurting, hey, if you were ever hurting, why didn’t you tell me?”

“It doesn’t matter anymore,” softly spoke Gilda. “All that I have left is to end our forsaken world."

Rainbow Dash was still upset that she wasn’t able to break through to Gilda. Rainbow knew she was holding something from her, and all she wanted to do was help. Rainbow Dash clamped her eyes shut, trying to hold back her tears. It wasn’t until a bright light emanated from where her chest was that she opened her eyes.

Upon looking at her chest, she could see her element necklace glowing.

“What?” questioned Gilda.

Now’s my chance, thought Zelda.

***************************************************
Zelda’s Turn: Z:8 RD:8 G:1 – Zelda activates the speed spell Count Up, allowing her to discard cards from her hand and gain two speed counters for each card discarded when she has two or more speed counters, discarding one (SpC.: 8 -> 10). Zelda activates the effect of her Gusto Griffin, special summoning a Gusto monster from her deck when it’s sent from the hand to the graveyard, choosing Gusto Egul (ATK: 200 DEF: 400).

Next, she activates the speed spell Monster Reborn, removing ten speed counters (SpC.: 10 -> 0) to special summon a monster from her graveyard, choosing Daigusto Gulldos. Gilda activates Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk’s effect, inflicting 1000 points of damage to her opponent when they special summon a synchro monster.

Zelda and Rainbow Dash’s Life Points: 1600 -> 600

Zelda activates Daigusto Gullos’ effect. By shuffling two Gusto monsters from her graveyard to her deck, she can destroy one monster the opponent controls, choosing Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk, but Gilda activates Safe Zone, keeping it from being destroyed by battle or card effects.

Zelda places two cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-600 Monsters-4 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“Rainbow!” yelled Zelda. “The rest is up to you. I know you can do it!”

“Go on,” yelled Gilda, almost in a mocking tone. “You can do it!”

“Gilda!” yelled Rainbow Dash. “You’re not being you. Heck, you were never you! You’re not the same griffon I knew from flight camp! You were a much nicer, much better creature than I could have cared to know.”

Gilda wanted to talk, but found her words choked by her furious tears.

“That’s why my element must be responding! It wants to help me save you! Please let me do that!”

“You can certainly try,” she managed to get out.

The top card on Rainbow Dash’s deck began to glow.

“Gilda! I’m going to save you!”

***************************************************
Rainbow Dash’s Turn: Z:1 RD:9 G:2 – Rainbow Dash flip summons her T.G. Rush Rhino (ATK: 1600 DEF: 800). Next, she special summons T.G. Gear Zombie from her hand, as she controls a T.G. monster (ATK: 600 DEF: 0). Ranbow Dash then activates her face down Graceful Revivial, special summoning T.G. Drill Fish from her graveyard (ATK: 100 DEF: 800).

Rainbow Dash tunes T.G. Rush Rhino with T.G. Gear Zombie to synchro summon another T.G. Wonder Magician. Gilda attempts to activate Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk’s effect to inflict 1000 points of damage for special summoning a synchro monster, but Zelda activates Damage Diet, halving the damage.

Zelda and Rainbow Dash's Life Points: 600 -> 100

When T.G. Wonder Magician is synchro summoned, Rainbow Dash can destroy one spell or trap card on the field, choosing Safe Zone. With Safe Zone’s effect, Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk is destroyed as well. Rainbow Dash then tunes T.G. Drill Fish with Zelda's Gusto Egul to synchro summon T.G. Recipro Dragonfly (ATK: 300 DEF: 300).

================================================================================

Rainbow Dash flew downwards towards the ground, her monsters following close by.

“I’m tuning my level two Tech Genus Recipro Dragonfly and Zelda’s Daigusto Gulldos with my Tech Genus Wonder Magician!”

Rainbow Dash’s cone appeared in front of her, however, it shone much brighter than it did for her accel synchros. Rainbow Dash then pulled up hard and ascended towards the sky, her cone only getting brighter the faster she moved.

“Go! Delta accel synchro!”

Rainbow Dash and her monsters broke through the sound barrier, a rainbow colored ring spreading out from the site. Zelda and Gilda were almost blinded by the multicolored light that shone from it. Rainbow now had a rainbow colored contrail following her. Also, the three monsters had vanished, being replaced by a large black and orange android. Upon the light being dim enough for Zelda and Gilda to see, they watched as Rainbow Dash approached with her new monster.

“Wow…” muttered Zelda.

“Let’s go! Tech Genus Halberd Cannon!”

================================================================================

Rainbow Dash tunes Zelda's Daigusto Gulldos and T.G. Recipro Dragonfly with T.G. Wonder Magician to delta accel synchro summon T.G. Halberd Cannon (ATK: 4000 DEF: 4000). Rainbow Dash activates the speed spell Element of Harmony – Loyalty, having her monster gain ATK equal to the ATK of the monster on her side of the field with the highest ATK other than the equipped monster when she has eight or more speed counters (ATK: 4000 -> 7300).

Rainbow Dash attacks Gilda directly with T.G. Halberd Cannon. Gilda attempts to activate Magic Cylinder, but Zelda activates her own Trap Jammer, negating and destroying Magic Cylinder. The attack goes through.

Gilda’s Life Points: 7000 -> 0

Zelda and Rainbow Dash win.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Gilda fell through the sky, completely decimated by her loss. Rainbow Dash, still using her newfound speed from her legendary sonic rainboom, caught Gilda and flew her safely to the ground. Zelda also swooped down with her glider, hopping off as soon as the glider landed. She walked over to Rainbow Dash, who still had Gilda cradled in her arms.

“Gilda,” asked Rainbow Dash desperately, “are you okay?”

Gilda then pushed Rainbow Dash off of her before sitting on her rump and slouching.

“Alright,” she relented. “I’ll tell you. I heard you were expelled from flight camp all those years ago. Without you, everyone was free to pick on me. Unable to live without my friend, I ran away back to the griffon kingdom, my original home. I wasn’t welcome there either. Apparently, they don’t take kindly to those who ally themselves with ponies.

“I spent the next several years working as a courier in Manehattan. Despite the decent pay, I was still not free from the torment that ponies gave to me. However, I heard your name around the city after you and your friends had defeated Nightmare Moon. I decided to take a visit to Ponyville, elated that I finally discovered where my friend was.

“However, upon getting back with you, that’s when I met Pinkie Pie. Her constant laughter all but reminded me of the ponies’ taunts and teases that followed me in life. I’m also sure you heard about Fluttershy. Being a pegasus, she was especially more infuriating. The nail in my coffin was Pinkie Pie’s party. After she had tried to accommodate me, I snapped at her. When you left me, I spent the next couple years alone in complete solitude, forsaken by both the ponies and the griffons.

“That’s when Rae came to me. She told me I could take revenge for all the laughter that fell upon me. Relieved with finding someone who would come to me for support, I couldn’t refuse.”

“You were right to kick me out of your life, Rainbow. I let my anger and my vengeful attitude get the better of me. In hindsight, I can’t help but feel regret for every decision I’ve made until now. You were truly the only light in a dark world and I threw it away. You have no right to pity me after what I’ve done.”

Gilda then felt Rainbow Dash’s arms wrap around herself.

“Don’t say that,” she whispered. “If I had known more about that, I would have tried to help you. You were– no, are my friend. And I can promise you something. If we make it out of here tonight, I’ll make sure you’re welcomed back with open arms if it’s the last thing I do.”

“You,” sniffled Gilda, “you mean that?”

“Of course. And I’m sure my friends will be more than forgiving if you’re truly sorry.”

Gilda, growing a playful smirk on her face, tackled her friend to the ground. Zelda stood in an offensive stance, assuming that they were fighting. Upon closer inspection, she found that the two were just playing, reunited in heart. Zelda then looked out to the direction where Fermilab was. If they were going to stop Rae, they’d have to leave quickly.

PreviousChapters Next