• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 5,590 Views, 263 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Equus - moviemaster8510



An aspiring duelist's life changes forever when the world of Equestria appears near Earth.

  • ...
61
 263
 5,590

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20: Warrior

“The second match of the quarter finals is about to begin,” called the announcer. “And the two competitors are Tom Emmitt of Naperville North High School and Applejack of Equestria! Who will move on to face Alex in the semi-finals? Let’s see...”

“Hmph,” chortled Tom, onstage with Applejack, “I never thought in my life I’d be dueling on stage in front of such a huge crowd.”

“Don’t let it get the best of ya’, Tommy,” said Applejack. “I compete in rodeos in front of clouds twice this big and rowdier too.”

“Not that it really matters. I don’t let the crowds affect me. The only thing I focus on is my opponent, and winning, of course.”

“I admire your spirit and all, Tommy, but if you think I’m going to stand around let you beat my rump into next year, you’ve got another thing coming.”

“Then prove it, Applejack. Prove it to me that you can beat me.”

“Alrighty then, let’s get ‘er done!”

Applejack constructed her D-Pad on her arm, Tom following suit. Once both tablets were fastened onto the tops of the graveyard slots, both D-Pad’s unsheathed their zones out. Tom and Applejack finished by drawing five cards from their respective decks.

“DUEL!” they both yelled.

Tom vs. Applejack

Tom’s Turn: Tom summons Gladiator Beast Laquari (ATK: 1800 DEF: 400).

Tom places one card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

I know of the X-Saber deck, thought Tom. Applejack should have a monster in her extra deck that can wipe out a bunch of spell and trap cards. I still have one set if that isn’t the case. Let’s just see how this pans out.

***************************************************
Applejack’s Turn: Applejack activates Graceful Charity, drawing three cards and discarding two. Applejack then special summons XX-Saber Gardestrike, as she has two X-Saber monsters in her graveyard and controls no monsters (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1400). Applejack then normal summons X-Saber Palomuro (ATK: 200 DEF: 300). Applejack tunes XX-Saber Gardestrike and X-Saber Palomuro to synchro summon XX-Saber Hyunlei (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1300). When XX-Saber Hyunlei is synchro summoned, Applejack can destroy up to three spell or trap cards on the field, choosing Tom’s face down card.

Applejack attacks Gladiator Beast Laquari with XX-Saber Hyunlei.

Tom’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3500

Applejack places two cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“Just as I thought,” exclaimed Tom.

“What did you think?” asked Applejack.

“You were going to summon that synchro monster to wipe out any of the spells and traps that protect my Gladiator Beasts from destruction.”

“Well, that worked, didn’t it?”

Tom merely smirked as a response.

***************************************************
Tom’s Turn: Tom activates Heavy Storm, destroying all spell and trap cards on the field. Tom activates Gladiator Beast’s Respite, returning two Gladiator Beast cards to his deck to draw three cards. Tom summons Gladiator Beast Dimacari (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1200). Tom then special summons Test Tiger from his hand, as he controls a Gladiator Beast monster (ATK: 600 DEF: 300).

Tom activates Test Tiger’s effect. By tributing it, Tom can shuffle a Gladiator Beast monster that he controls to the deck and special summon a Gladiator Beast monster from his deck. This is treated as being special summoned by a Gladiator Beast monster. With Test Tiger’s effect, Tom special summons Gladiator Beast Secutor (ATK: 400 DEF: 300).

Tom places two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

Tom’s monsters can’t do that fancy summoning mumbo jumbo until they’re attacked, thought Applejack. But I’ve got a lil’ somethin’ extra in my deck that’ll surely surprise him.

“Hey Tom!” called Applejack, “you didn’t happen to see what new card I got from John’s yesterday, did ya’?”

“No,” Tom responded. “Why?”

“I’d just reckon now’s a good time to introduce y'all to it!”

***************************************************
Applejack’s Turn: Applejack activates Pot of Greed, drawing two cards. Applejack summons X-Saber Anu Piranha (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1100). Applejack then special summons XX-Saber Faultroll, as she controls two X-Saber monsters (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1800). Applejack activates XX-Saber Faultroll’s effect, special summoning a level 4 or lower X-Saber monster from her graveyard, choosing XX-Saber Emmersblade in defense position (ATK: 1300 DEF: 800).

Applejack overlays XX-Saber Faultroll and XX-Saber Hyunlei to xyz summon Sword Breaker (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1000). Applejack activates Sword Breaker’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, she can declare one type. She chooses Reptile. If Sword Breaker battles a Reptile-type monster, it’s destroyed immediately.

Applejack attacks Gladiator Beast Secutor with Sword Breaker, but Tom activates Attack Invulnerability, preventing his monster’s destruction from battle and card effects during the battle phase. Battle damage is still applied.

Tom’s Life Points: 3500 -> 1200

Applejack then attacks Gladiator Beast Secutor with X-Saber Anu Piranha, but Tom activates Draining Shield, negating the attack and gaining life points equal to the attacking monster’s ATK.

Tom’s Life Points: 1200 -> 3000

At the end of the battle phase, if Gladiator Beast Secutor was attacked or attacked after it was special summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast monster, Tom can special summon two Gladiator Beast monsters from his deck, choosing Gladiator Beast Darius (ATK: 1700 DEF: 300) and Gladiator Beast Hoplomus (ATK: 700 DEF: 2100).

When Gladiator Beast Darius is special summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast monster, Tom can special summon a Gladiator Beast from his graveyard, though its effect is negated, choosing Gladiator Beast Laquari.

Applejack places one card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-4000 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

“Woah!” called the announcer. “Tom just managed to save himself from defeat, and now he has a massive battalion of monsters to stand up to Applejack’s army. What will he do from here? Let’s see.”

“You didn’t think I was going into this tournament without introducing my new monster, did you?” Tom asked Applejack.

“Well,” called Applejack, “quit yer lollygagging and bring it out!”

“With pleasure.”

***************************************************
Tom’s Turn: Tom summons Gladiator Beast Lanista (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1200). Tom overlays Gladiator Beast Lanista and Gladiator Beast Hoplomus to xyz summon Amber Minotaur (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1900). Tom overlays Gladiator Beast Darius, Gladiator Beast Secutor, and Gladiator Beast Laquari to xyz summon Number 32: Shark Drake (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2100).

Tom attacks Sword Breaker with Number 32: Shark Drake, but Applejack activates Damage Diet, halving the damage she receives this turn.

Applejack’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3950

Tom activates Number 32: Shark Drake’s effect. By detaching one xyz material when it attacks and destroys a monster, Tom can special summon that monster in attack position, have it lose 1000 ATK (ATK: 2700 -> 1700), and Number 32: Shark Drake can attack again this battle phase. Tom attacks Sword Breaker again with Number 32: Shark Drake.

Applejack’s Life Points: 3950 -> 3400

Tom attacks X-Saber Anu Piranha with Amber Minotaur.

Applejack’s Life Points: 3400 -> 3100

Tom ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0
***************************************************

“Woo-wee!” exclaimed Applejack. “That was a close one!”

“Close one,” mocked Tom playfully, “I just knocked out two of your strongest monsters right now and you’re barely ahead of me. How on earth would you call that a ‘close one?’”

“Because I still have plenty of life points, sugar.”

***************************************************
Applejack’s Turn: Applejack sets 1 monster.

Applejack ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-3100 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0
***************************************************

“Hmm,” pondered Tom to himself. “We’re both low on cards. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that face down monster of hers is Morphing Jar. It’s a nice splashable card capable of giving both users a lot of cards in their hands. But who does she think she is that I’m not going to have fun with her while I’m at it?”

***************************************************
Tom’s Turn: Tom summons Gladiator Beast Equiste (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1200).

Tom attacks Applejack’s face down monster with Number 32: Shark Drake, which was a Morphing Jar (ATK: 700 DEF: 600). When Morphing Jar is flip summoned, all players discard their hands and draw five cards from their decks. Tom activates Number 32: Shark Drake’s effect, detaching one xyz material from it to special summon the monster it destroyed in attack position, have it lose 1000 ATK (ATK: 700 -> 0), and have Number 32: Shark Drake attack again this battle phase. Tom attacks Morping Jar with Gladiator Beast Equiste.

Applejack’s Life Points: 3100 -> 1500

Tom attacks XX-Saber Emmersblade with Amber Minotaur. When XX-Saber Emmersblade is destroyed by battle, Applejack can special summon a level 4 or lower X-Saber monster from her deck, choosing XX-Saber Fulhelmknight (ATK: 1300 DEF: 1000). Tom attacks XX-Saber Fulhelmknight with Number 32: Shark Drake, but Applejack activates XX-Saber Fulhelmknight’s effect, negating the attack.

At the end of the battle phase, if Gladiator Beast Equiste attacked, Tom can shuffle it into the deck and special summon a Gladiator Beast monster from his deck, choosing Gladiator Beast Bestiari (ATK: 1500 DEF: 800).

Tom activates Amber Minotaur’s effect. Once per turn, Tom can detach an xyz material from it to normal summon twice this turn and without a tribute, summoning Gladiator Beast Alexander (ATK: 2400 DEF: 600). Tom sends Gladiator Beast Bestiari and Gladiator Beast Alexander to the deck to fusion summon Gladiator Beast Gyzarus (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1500). When Gladiator Beast Gyzarus is special summoned, Tom can destroy up to two cards on the field, choosing XX-Saber Fulhelmknight.

Tom places two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-3000 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“Oh for Pete’s sake!” exclaimed Applejack at being deprived of all cards on her side of the field.

Well, shoot, thought Applejack. I’m in a bit of a pickle aren’t I? With my new hand I should do something, but it all comes down to which monster I can attack. I should attack his Gladiator Beast, but one of those trap cards could-

Applejack noticed a strange facial tick on Tom’s face similar to that of someone telling a lie that seemed to tell her everything she needed to know.

It won’t.

“Well,” said Tom, “looks like you got a clean slate to work with now, don’t ya’ partner?”

“Sure don’t mean you should take me lightly there, Tommy.”

“Never planned on it.”

“The only thing that’s going to be light is your head after I whap you a good one on this here turn!”

***************************************************
Applejack’s Turn: Applejack summons XX-Saber Boggart Knight (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1000). When XX-Saber Boggart Knight is normal summoned, Applejack can special summon an X-Saber monster from her hand, choosing X-Saber Galahad (ATK: 1800 DEF: 800). Applejack then activates Monster Reborn, special summoning X-Saber Palomuro. Applejack tunes X-Saber Galahad and XX-Saber Boggart Knight with X-Saber Palomuro to synchro summon XX-Saber Gottoms (ATK: 3100 DEF: 2600).

Applejack activates Riryoku, halving the ATK of one monster on the field to increase the ATK of one other monster on the field by the same amount until the end phase, halving Gladiator Beast Gyzarus’ ATK to increase XX-Saber Gottoms’ ATK by the same amount (ATK: 2400 -> 1200) (ATK: 3100 -> 4300).

Applejack attacks Gladiator Beast Gyzarus with XX-Saber Gottoms, but Tom activates Heraldry Protection, having XX-Saber Gottoms lose 800 ATK, but it cannot be destroyed by battle (ATK: 4300 -> 3500).

Tom’s Life Points: 3000 -> 700

Applejack activates Hinotama, inflicting 500 points of damage to Tom.

Tom’s Life Points: 700 -> 200

During the end phase, XX-Saber Gottoms loses the ATK that it gained through Riryoku’s effect (ATK: 3500 -> 2300).

Applejack places one card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-1500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

“Look at this!” cheered the announcer. “Applejack just inflicted a whopping 2800 points of damage to Tom, who still manages to hang by his fingernails. Will he overcome this undeniably strong pony? Will he have what it takes to win.”

“Let’s see,” answered Tom, seemingly finishing the announcer’s usual answer to his own question.

***************************************************
Tom’s Turn: Tom activates Reload, adding his hand to his deck, shuffling it, and drawing cards from his deck equal to the cards that he sent to his deck. Tom summons Gladiator Beast Andal (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1500). Tom then activates his trap Call of the Haunted, special summoning Test Tiger from his graveyard.

Tom activates Test Tiger’s effect, tributing it to return a Gladiator Beast monster that he controls to the deck and special summon another Gladiator Beast monster from his deck and treat the special summoning as if it were special summoned by a Gladiator Beast monster, choosing Gladiator Beast Bestiari.

When Gladiator Beast Bestiari is special summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast monster, Tom can destroy one spell or trap card on the field, choosing Applejack’s face down card. Tom activates Gift of the Martyr, sending a monster that he controls to the graveyard to increase the ATK of another monster that he controls by the ATK of the sent monster, sending Gladiator Beast Bestiari to the graveyard to increase Amber Minotaur’s ATK by its ATK (ATK: 2400 -> 3900).

Tom attacks XX-Saber Gottoms with Amber Minotaur.

Applejack’s Life Points: 1500 -> 0

Tom wins.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Carolyn, Sarah, and Rainbow Dash were the first, and probably the loudest in the crowd to cheer. Tom made a small wave to the audience. He certainly wasn’t used to winning like this, especially in front of an entire audience.

“And it looks like Thomas Emmitt of Naperville North High School will face fellow Huskie* Alexander Yuwell in the semi-finals,” the announcer cheered. “It’s sure to be a fantastic duel. Before we continue that, we must see to the next 4 competitors in the last two matches of the quarter finals. Who will reign? Who will carry the ultimate title? Let’s see.”

Alex met Tom and Applejack at the end of one of the ramped exits to the stage.

“So,” said Alex to Tom.

“So,” responded Alex.

“I can’t remember the last time we’ve dueled each other. Had to have been my 16th birthday.”

Twilight, who was still sitting from her seat, eavesdropped on their conversation, and noticed that Alex gripped his jade ankh necklace upon saying the word “parents.”

“If I remember correctly,” said Tom, “I really whooped you good.”

“Cut me some slack! It was the first time I used my dad’s deck.”

Dad’s deck? thought Twilight.

“Well, you’ve certainly grown since then,” said Tom. “I can’t wait to see how our long awaited rematch is going to turn out.”

“Me too,” responded Alex.

They both clasped hands in a gesture of friendship before they sat down to watch the latter half of the quarter finals.

“Now,” cheered the announcer, “let’s not wait any longer. The next two duelists to kick off the second half of the quarter finals are…”
_________________________________________________________________________________________

* - School Mascot for Naperville North High School

PreviousChapters Next