• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 5,591 Views, 263 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Equus - moviemaster8510



An aspiring duelist's life changes forever when the world of Equestria appears near Earth.

  • ...
61
 263
 5,591

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3: Claude

Friday, May 11, 2012

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Alex woke up to see Twilight and Rarity sleeping soundly in his bed. He looked at his bedside clock.

6:13 AM.

Mrs. Emmitt’s going to scream us down for breakfast in about ten minutes, thought Alex. It’s best they be woken up gently than be woken by her.

Alex took a fast shower before returning to the bedroom fully dressed so he wouldn’t have to change in front of his guests.

It’s almost time.

Alex nudged the two ponies.

“Hey,” he whispered. “It’s time to get up.” The two ponies gently awoke with a yawn and a stretch.

“What time is it?” groaned Twilight, still groggy.

“It’s about time that Mrs. Emmitt calls us down for breakfast.”

“Just five more minutes,” moaned Rarity. “I was sleeping so well and-”

“Breakfast!” called Carolyn loudly. Rarity groaned as she reluctantly hopped out of bed.

Alex walked down the stairs to find a bald African-American gentleman in a suit and tie sitting at the kitchen table eating a stack of pancakes with butter and syrup.

“Alex,” chirped Carolyn, “you’re up.”

“Mrs. Emmitt,” asked Alex, “who’s eating at our table?”

The man turned around, allowing Alex to remember the face.

“Oh,” fumbled Alex, caught completely unaware. “Hello Sergeant Luke.”

“Please,” responded Luke, “that’s only my name while I’m on duty. Call me Claude.”

“Claude? So your name is Claude Luke?”

“Exactly.”

“So why are you hear anyways?”

“I have an appointment with a ‘Ms. Sparkle.’”

No point playing dumb now, thought Alex.

“How do you know about Twilight?”

“Last night when we left your hospital room, we got a contact from a ‘Princess Celestia of Equestria.’ You did hear the broadcast, didn’t you?”

“…No.”

“Not a news person are we?”

“I’m not a T.V. or radio person in general.”

“Oh… well. Anyways, this Princess Celestia claimed that she and her kind are peaceful creatures and we shouldn’t fear them. She said she would send down six of her kind led by a ‘Twilight Sparkle’ to an undisclosed residence in the same area where you disappeared, including a private message to me telling me to meet them there. Seeing as you and that Reese kid were the only ones physically involved with the events of yesterday, my chances of finding them were pretty good.”

“What do you want with them?”

“Celestia told me that they’re here to help you and so am I. If you’re worried about me hurting them, then you have my word that I won’t do anything to them.” Alex still looked unsure. “Can you trust me?” After some hesitation, Alex made his decision.

“Everyone downstairs,” he said. “That includes the ponies.” It took a while but Tom, Sarah, and the six ponies came downstairs to be greeted by Claude.

“Good morning, Mr. Luke,” greeted Twilight.

“Claude will be fine,” he responded, shaking Twilight’s hoof. “Now, did you tell Alex here about the Stones?”

“Everything, sir.”

“Good.” The conversation got sidetracked when Applejack smelled the scent of pancakes wafting in the air.

“Smells mighty fine, Carolyn,” said Applejack. “What’cha cookin’?”

“Pancakes. I’ll have your pancakes out soon, but right now, I have to feed the children so they can be off to school.”

“Please, darling,” said Rarity, “take all the time you need. If ponies have places to be, who are we to delay them?”

Mrs. Emmitt put three plates on the counter, each with a single large pancake on it for her children. Alex felt uncomfortable eating with all that was going on around him, but he needed the strength to carry through the day, especially with his bruises making him feel weak and tired, so he ate his pancake in silence. When breakfast was over, Alex put his dishes in the dishwasher and packed his bag for school. He remembered he left his keys and headphones in his blazer, so he put it on and walked downstairs to the front door.

“What are you going to do with the ponies today?” Alex asked Claude.

“Seeing as these ponies don’t know the first thing about dueling, I was going to give them their decks and duel disks today and teach them how to duel.”

“Mr. Luke,” said Twilight, “with all due respect, I would like Alex to teach us how to duel. After all, he does control a Stone.”

“But he has to go to school,” replied Claude. “I’m free all day to help you girls out.”

“I’ve got an idea,” spoke up Rainbow Dash, “why don’t you settle this in one of these duels?”

“A duel?”

“Yeah,” responded Tom. “The winner of the duel will clearly be the best teacher for them. Let skill decide.”

“What about class?”

“We have bikes,” said Alex. “It will cut our normal travel time significantly, so we can have plenty of time. You game, Claude.”

“I suppose there’s no convincing you,” relented Claude. “Fine. I’ll accept your wager. Winner earns the right to teach these girls the game of Duel Monsters.”

Alex and Claude stood across the street from one another with Alex standing on the sidewalk on behind his house while Claude stood on the other side of the street on the sidewalk. Alex’s family and friends observed in the front yard.

“I have to warn you,” said Claude, “that I’ve been dueling before you were even born. I’m also the best duelist of my unit.”

“Yesterday, I dueled and beat my school’s champion. I think I can handle a challenge.”

“Have it your way,” said Claude. Claude put his wrist dealer on his left arm, attached his D-Pad tablet to the top and unsheathed it.

Alex responded by doing the same.

“Duel detected,” said an intercom's voice.

Hologram projectors turned on from the street lamps, putting the duel in the proper standards needed to play. Claude and Alex drew five cards from their decks.

“Go Alex!” called Tom. Alex gave him a thumbs up and turned to face Claude.

“DUEL!” they both yelled.

Claude vs. Alex

Claude’s Turn: Claude summons Heroic Challenger – Extra Sword (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000).

Claude ends his turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0
***************************************************

“Huh?” queried Rainbow Dash. “Why doesn’t he attack him?”

“Because,” answered Tom, “no player can conduct their battle phase until both players have conducted a draw phase.”

“Phases? What in the hay are those?”

“Continue to watch, and you’ll learn.”

“Let’s go,” cried Alex.

***************************************************
Alex’s Turn: Alex summons Dragunity Corsesca (ATK: 800 DEF: 700). When Dragunity Corsesca is normal summoned, Alex can send a level 3 or lower Dragon-type monster from his deck to his graveyard. Then, Alex tributes Dragunity Corsesca to special summon Dragunity Arma Mystletainn (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1500).

Alex attacks Heroic Challenger Extra Sword with Dragunity Arma Mystletainn, but Claude activates the effect of Heroic Challenger – Swordshield from his hand, discarding it to take no battle damage this turn and preventing the destruction of all Heroic monsters on the field from battle.

Alex places two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

The appearance of Alex’s dragon caused Fluttershy to hide behind Sarah in fear, to which she responded by kneeling to her hand rubbing her back to comfort her.

“Gosh!” cried Rainbow Dash. “This game is really confusing. I don’t know what anypony is doing. They could be cheating for all I know.”

“Calm down, Rainbow Dash,” said Tom. “This will help you soon enough.”

“Don’t think for a second that I’m going to let up on you,” said Claude, “because it’s going to become extremely painful for you right now.”

***************************************************
Claude’s Turn: Claude activates his spell The Warrior Returning Alive, sending a Warrior-type monster from his graveyard to his hand, choosing Heroic Challenger Sword Shield. Claude summons Heroic Challenger Swordshield (ATK: 0 DEF: 2000). Claude overlays Heroic Challenger Swordshield and Heroic Challenger Extra Sword to xyz summon Heroic Champion – Excalibur (ATK: 2000 DEF: 2000). When Heroic Challenger Extra Sword is used as xyz material for an xyz monster, that xyz monster gains 1000 ATK (ATK: 2000 -> 3000). Claude activates Heroic Champion – Excalibur’s effect. By detaching two xyz materials from it, Heroic Champion – Excalibur’s ATK becomes double its original ATK until his opponent’s end phase (ATK: 3000 -> 4000).

Claude attacks Dragunity Arma Mystletainn with Heroic Champion – Excalibur, but Alex activates Hallowed Life Barrier, discarding one card to reduce all damage he takes this turn to 0. Alex then activates his trap Card of Last Will, drawing five cards when a monster of his is destroyed in battle.

Claude places two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“5000 ATK?” commented Twilight. “They make cards that powerful?”

“Indeed,” said Tom.

“Then how in the hay is someone supposed to beat that thing?” asked Applejack.

“I’m sure Alex will find a way…”

“Come on!” called Claude. “Call on your new monster. I know its coming.” Alex began to give into his desire to win.

“You bet it is,” whispered Alex.

***************************************************
Alex’s Turn: Alex summons Dragunity Legionnaire (ATK: 1200 DEF: 800). When Dragunity Legionnaire is normal summoned, Alex can equip a level 3 or lower Dragon-type Dragunity monster from his graveyard onto Dragunity Legionnaire, choosing Dragunity Aklys. Alex then activates Dragunity Legionnaire’s effect. By sending one card equipped to it to the graveyard, Alex can destroy one monster on the field, choosing Heroic Champion – Excalibur.

When Dragunity Aklys is sent to the graveyard while equipped to a monster, Alex can destroy one card on the field, choosing one of Claude’s face down cards. Alex then activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Dragunity Arma Mystletainn from his graveyard. Next, Alex special summons another Dragunity Arma Mystletainn from his hand by sending Dragunity Legionnaire from his field to the graveyard. When Dragunity Arma Mystletainn is special summoned from the hand, Alex can equip a Dragon-type Dragunity monster from his graveyard to it, choosing Dragunity Aklys.

Alex overlays both Dragunity Arma Mystletainns to xyz summon Jade Wyvern (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2100). Alex repeats Dragunity Aklys’ effect, destroying Claude’s other face down card. Alex then activates the continuous spell Dragon Mastery, allowing him to equip a Dragon-type Dragunity monster to a monster he controls from his hand, equipping Jade Wyvern with Dragunity Brandistock. With Dragon Mastery’s effect, all monsters equipped with Dragunity cards gain 500 ATK (ATK: 2500 -> 3000). With Dragunity Brandistock’s effect, when it’s equipped to a monster, the equipped monster can attack twice in the battle phase.

Alex attacks Claude directly with Jade Wyvern.

Claude’s Life Points: 4000 -> 1000

Alex attacks Claude directly again with Jade Wyvern.

Claude’s Life Points: 1000 -> 0

Alex wins.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Wait,” called Rainbow Dash. “What just happened?”

“I won is what just happened,” said Alex as he went up to his friends.

“That was incredible,” said Claude approaching Alex. “You beat me without taking an ounce of damage.”

“I guess I shouldn’t have used my Stone card then,” Alex responded sheepishly. Claude giggled a little knowing that his summoning of his new ace was partially his idea.

“Next time,” said Claude, “let’s just fight on equal terms.”

“You got it.”

“Alright, now get to school.” Alex shook Claude’s hand before opening the garage door and running his bicycle out. Alex rode away to school without a second glance.

“He didn’t even say goodbye,” said Twilight, hurt.

“Don’t worry about it,” said Tom. “He can get sidetracked sometimes. Speaking of sidetracking, my sister and I need to get to school too.

“I’ll see you later,” said Rainbow Dash, giving him a quick friendly hug.

Tom was said goodbye to by the rest of the ponies, including Claude and his mother. Tom could run fast and had great stamina, so he grabbed his backpack and ran to school.

Sarah said goodbye to Fluttershy and her mom before she grabbed her own bike from the garage and rode off with it.

“How long will they be gone?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“They won’t be home until around 3:30 at the earliest,” answered Claude. “Now, how’s about we get you each a new deck?”

PreviousChapters Next