• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 5,591 Views, 263 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Equus - moviemaster8510



An aspiring duelist's life changes forever when the world of Equestria appears near Earth.

  • ...
61
 263
 5,591

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: Closer

John walked up the stairs to his side of the stage to finally confront Kyle. Twilight nervously watched as he was going up to face his fate. All anyone of the Stone of Equus bearers and the ponies could do now was hope for the best.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Reese watched with Claude, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle on the mirror as they showed Kyle standing patiently, awaiting what looked to him like his next easy kill.

“Come on, John!” yelled Scootaloo, “take that guy down!” Her enthusiasm got the other ponies in the crowd cheering.

Reese didn’t say anything. He just watched and silently seethed at his mortal enemy threw down the gauntlet with John.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“So,” said Kyle, “you’re the boy who tried to help Alex and his friends out by giving him new cards.”

“I didn’t try, Kyle,” responded John. “I did help them. And with the support that I gave to them, they will definitely defeat you.
“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, shall we?”

“You’re right. That’s because I’m going to defeat you first.”

“And what gives you that idea?”

“I have the whole of Equestria on my side. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna themselves entrusted me personally with a Stone of Equus card, and I have built a deck that honors their element and mirrors their spirit. And with that spirit, I will crush you with my two hands!”

“Very inspiring, John, but the element and spirit of Equestria means less than nothing to me. As far as I’m concerned, Equestria and all that it stands for can rot in Hell.”

The crowds on the hill and on Equestria gasped at Kyle’s massive disrespect.

“You will pay for that,” growled John, clenching his fist. “In the name of Celestia, you will pay!”

John assembled his duel disk onto his arm while Kyle’s duel disk appeared on his arm in its usual dramatic fashion. After John’s duel disk unsheathed, Kyle and John drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they both yelled.

Kyle vs. John

Kyle’s Turn: Kyle activates Card Destruction, having both players send their hands to their graveyards and drawing the same amount of cards discarded. Next, he activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Laval Judgment Lord (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1800). Kyle activates Laval Judgment Lord’s effect. By banishing a Laval monster in his graveyard, he can inflict 1000 points of damage to his opponent.

John’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3000

Kyle then normal summons Laval Cannon (ATK: 1600 DEF: 900). When Laval Cannon is normal summoned, Kyle can special summon a banished Laval monster, special summoning Laval Lakeside Lady (ATK: 200 DEF: 200). Kyle tunes Laval Cannon with Laval Lakeside Lady to synchro summon Laval Stennon (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1800). When Laval Stennon is synchro summoned, Kyle must discard one card. Kyle overlays Laval Judgment Lord and Laval Stennon to xyz summon Olivine Dragon (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500).

Kyle places one card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

“And Kyle inflicts damage on his first turn!” called the announcer. “John looks to be in a tight spot.”

The crowd cheered. Despite it being Kyle’s trap that nearly killed Reese, no one would ever figure that out. To them, it was just an unfortunate accident caused by a massive decrease in life points. In their eyes, Kyle was just a duelist with a very powerful deck.

Alex and his friends seethed at the audience paying Kyle the respect that they were giving him.

“Come on, John,” whispered Alex. “Take this guy down.”

***************************************************
John’s Turn: John activates Painful Choice, choosing five cards in his deck and allowing Kyle to add one to his hand. Kyle picks Celestia, Lightsworn Angel. John sends the other four cards to the graveyard. John activates Pot of Greed, drawing two cards. John then activates Graceful Charity, drawing three cards and discarding two. John then special summons Judgment Dragon, as he has at least four different Lightsworn monsters in his graveyard (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2600). John activates Judgment Dragon’s effect. By paying 1000 life points, John can destroy all other cards on the field.

John’s Life Points: 3000 -> 2000

Kyle activates Utopian Aura. By detaching an xyz material from an xyz monster he controls, all xyz monsters he controls cannot be destroyed by card effects until the end phase. John normal summons Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind (ATK: 1300 DEF: 400). Next, John special summons Blackwing – Bora the Spear, as he controls another Blackwing monster (ATK: 1700 DEF: 800). John tunes Blackwing – Bora the Spear with Blackwing – Breeze the Zephyr to synchro summon Blackwing Armor Master (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1500).

John attacks Olivine Dragon with Judgment Dragon. Since they both have equal ATKs, they’re both destroyed. John then attacks Kyle directly with Blackwing Armor Master. John activates the effect of Blackwing – Kalut the Moon Shadow from his hand. By discarding it when a Blackwing monster he controls attacks or is attacked, he can raise the ATK of that monster by 1400 (ATK: 2500 -> 3900).

Kyle’s Life Points: 4000 -> 100

John places three cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-2000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-3
***************************************************

“Oh my!” cheered the announcer. “Despite having the effect of his Judgment Dragon blocked, John still manages to take out Kyle’s ace monster and deal a substantial amount of damage that leaves Kyle with only a sliver of life points! Will Kyle step up, or is this duel pretty much over? Let’s see…”

Alex and his friends were more comfortable cheering with the crowd, but Alex stopped before everyone.

As long as Kyle’s life points aren't zero, this duel is far from over, thought Alex.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

The ponies in Equestria were very happy with John’s move.

“Alright!” cheered Apple Bloom. “100 more of them life points and this duel is over.”

“It won’t be that simple though,” said Reese.

“Huh? Why not?”

“Kyle is an exceptionally strong duelist. He won’t let a mere 100 life points hold him back. If anything, this is only going to fuel his rage and power.”

“Hey,” responded Sweetie Belle, “who’s side are you on?”

“I’m all for Kyle’s loss, but don’t be naïve to think that this duel will be over soon.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________

John had dealt impressive damage, and knowing the physical effects of battling like this, Kyle should have been heavily weakened. Kyle got up, his clothes battered and slightly torn. Upon turning around to face John however, Kyle’s face had a malicious smile upon it.

“Im–” stammered John. “Impossible.”

“Like I said,” responded Kyle, “I have the powers of Rae Sulfa Tun on my side. You have no chance of weakening me.”

***************************************************
Kyle’s Turn: Kyle activates the effect of Laval Lakeside Lady in his graveyard. If he has three different Laval monsters in his graveyard, he can banish Laval Lakeside Lady and another Laval monster in his graveyard (Laval Cannon) to destroy one set card John controls, choosing one of his face down cards. Kyle activates Temple of the Kings, allowing him to activate trap cards the same turn they were set. Kyle sets and activates Sixth Sense. A die is rolled and Kyle declares two numbers (5 and 6). If the result is any of those numbers, Kyle can draw that many cards from his deck. The result is a six. Kyle draws six cards from his deck.

Kyle then special summons Laval Burner from his hand, as he has at least three different Laval monsters in his graveyard (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1000). Kyle activates Rekindling, special summoning as many FIRE attribute monsters with 200 DEF from his graveyard, summoning Neo Flamvell Sabre (ATK: 1400 DEF: 200), Laval Forest Sprite (ATK: 300 DEF: 200), and Flamvell Archer (ATK: 1000 DEF: 200). Kyle tunes Laval Burner with Laval Forest sprite to synchro summon Ancient Flamvell Deity (ATK: 2500 DEF: 200). Kyle tunes Neo Flamvell Sabre with Flamvell Archer to synchro summon another Ancient Flamvell Deity.

Kyle places two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-100 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“I can’t attack that monster of yours with its pesky effect,” said Kyle, “but you should know that I won’t give you much time to keep it on the field, so you should make good use of it.”

“You bet,” responded John. “I’m going to make good use of this turn.”

“How? You have no cards in your hand.”

“Not yet. I’m going for broke right now.”

Little does he know, thought Kyle, that with Rae’s powers, I have the ability to predict my die rolls. I couldn’t see John being so lucky.

***************************************************
John’s Turn: John summons Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress (ATK: 1700 DEF: 200). John activates Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress’ effect. By switching Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress from attack position to defense position, John can destroy one spell/trap that Kyle controls, choosing one of his face down cards. Next, John activates his face down Dimension Trap, banishing a monster he controls to activate a trap from his graveyard, choosing Trap Reborn, paying half of his life points to activate a trap from his opponent’s graveyard, choosing Sixth Sense.

John’s Life Points: 2000 -> 1000

A die is rolled. John declares five or six. It’s a five, so John draws five cards from his deck. John special summons Blackwing – Gladius the Midnight Sun, as the only monster he controls is a Blackwing monster (ATK: 800 DEF: 1500). Next, John special summons Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind from his hand, as he controls a Blackwing monster (ATK: 1300 DEF: 400). John then activates Final Gesture, special summoning a level 3 monster from his graveyard with the same name as a monster he controls, choosing Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind. John overlays both Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwinds and Blackwing – Gladius the Midnight Sun to xyz summon Lapis Lazuli Roc (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1300).

John activates Lapis Lazuli Roc’s effect. By detaching an xyz material from it, John can send the top card of his deck to the graveyard, which is a Rinyan, Lightsworn Rogue. When a monster is sent to the graveyard by this effect, John can special summon another monster from his graveyard with a level equal or less to the sent monster, choosing Blackwing – Jin the Rain Shadow (ATK: 600 DEF: 500). John tunes Blackwing Armor Master with Blackwing – Jin the Rain Shadow to synchro summon Black-Winged Dragon (ATK: 2800 DEF: 1600).

John attacks Ancient Flamvell Deity with Black-Winged Dragon, but Kyle activates Xyz Soul, targeting an xyz monster in his graveyard and having all monsters he controls gain ATK equal to the xyz monster’s rank times 200 until the end phase, choosing Olivine Dragon (200 x 7 = 1400) (ATK: 2500 -> 3900) (ATK: 2500 -> 3900). John activates Waboku, preventing Black-Winged Dragon's destruction and taking no battle damage this turn.

During the end phase, all monsters’ ATKs return to normal (ATK: 3900 -> 2500) (ATK: 3900 -> 2500). Also, with Xyz Soul’s effect, the xyz monster targeted by its effect is returned to the extra deck.

John places one card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-1000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

“Using my card like that in an all out gamble,” said Kyle. “You are just an incredibly lucky novice.”

“I may be lucky, but I’m certainly not a novice. How else can you explain the fact that I took most of your life points down in one turn?”

“And yet you haven’t touched them since. And you won’t, because I will defeat you in Rae Sulfa Tun’s honor!”

***************************************************
Kyle’s Turn: Kyle activates Pot of Greed, drawing two cards. Next, Kyle activates Reload, adding his hand to his deck, shuffling it, and drawing cards equal to the amount of cards that he sent to his deck. Kyle overlays both Ancient Flamvell Deities to xyz summon Olivine Dragon. Kyle places two cards face down. Kyle sets one monster.

Kyle attacks Lapis Lazuli Roc with Olivine Dragon but John activates the effect of Honest from his hand. By discarding it, John can increase the ATK of a LIGHT monster that battles this turn by the ATK of the monster that battles it during the damage step (ATK: 2200 -> 5200). Kyle activates his face down Spirit Barrier, having all battle damage he takes if he controls a monster to 0. Kyle then activates his face down Card of Last Will, drawing five cards when a monster he controls is destroyed by battle.

Kyle activates Magical Stone Excavation, discarding two cards to add a spell card from his graveyard to his hand, choosing Monster Reborn. Kyle activates Monster Reborn to special summon Olivine Dragon from his graveyard.

Kyle places two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-100 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“John, John, John,” chanted Alex. His chanting was soon joined by Rainbow Dash, then Twilight, then Tom. The chanting then grew throughout the audience on the hill as they chanted John’s name.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

The cheering was caught on the mirrors broadcasted over Equestria, and it led the other ponies into cheering too.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“You see this?” shouted John to Kyle. “This is the hope that they have for me. You can call me a novice all you like, but in the end, hope wins.”

***************************************************
John’s Turn: John activates Lapis Lazuli Roc’s effect, detaching an xyz material from it to send the top card of his deck to the graveyard, which is a Cards for Black Feathers. Since Cards for Black Feathers is a spell card, John can set a spell card from his graveyard to his field. John activates his own face down Monster Reborn, special summoning Blackwing Armor Master.

John attacks Olivine Dragon with Blackwing Armor Master. With Blackwing Armor Master’s effect, it can’t be destroyed in battle, and John takes no battle damage from battles involving it. Also, John places a Wedge counter on Olivine Dragon with Blackwing Armor Master’s effect. John attacks Kyle's set monster with Lapis Lazuli Roc, which is a Flamvell Guard (ATK: 100 DEF: 2000). John then removes Olivine Dragon’s Wedge counter, making its ATK and DEF 0 until the end phase (ATK: 3000 -> 0, DEF: 2500 -> 0). John attacks Olivine Dragon with Black-Winged Dragon, but Kyle activates Attack Invulnerability, having him take no battle damage.

Kyle activates Miracle’s Wake, special summoning Olivine Dragon from his graveyard, as it was destroyed this turn.

John sets one monster.

John ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-1000 Monsters-4 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

“Just look at this!” called the announcer. “Despite being at a mere 100 life points, Kyle still manages to fight strong. Will he finally redeem himself in the next round? Let’s see…”

With Shift on my field, thought John, I can just redirect another attack to any of my monsters to Blackwing Armor Master. It can’t be destroyed by battle, I take no damage for it, and I can just use another Wedge counter. This duel is as good as won.

“I can already see your plan,” said Kyle. John perked his interest.

“You think that your Blackwing card is going to protect you from my attacks, and that trap card will assist you.” John’s face tensed with worry.

“Thought so.”

***************************************************
Kyle’s Turn: Kyle activates Xyz Treasure, drawing cards equal to the number of xyz monsters on the field (2). Kyle activates Double Cyclone, destroying one spell or trap card he controls (Spirit Barrier) to destroy a spell or trap card that John controls, choosing John’s face down card. Kyle then equips Olivine Dragon with Dragon’s Treasure, increasing Olivine Dragon’s ATK and DEF by 300 (ATK: 3000 -> 3300, DEF: 2500 -> 2800).

Kyle attacks Lapis Lazuli Roc with Olivine Dragon.

John’s Life Points: 1000 -> 0

Kyle wins.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Though not as devastating as the attack made on Reese, the attack still took its toll on John. John was knocked straight onto his back. He groaned in pain as Kyle walked over and stood over him.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

The crowds in Equestria were horrified over John’s loss. Alex was now the only person that stood between Kyle and what would appear to be the end of both worlds.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Do you see why it’s so futile to stand to me?” he taunted. “It’s because I am the better duelist, and the rest of your Stones of Equus shall be mine.”

“You’re wrong,” grunted John with a smile on his face. “You’re not the best duelist. Your next opponent is.”

“That’s enough.” Kyle held his glowing hand out, causing John’s deck case to glow. Lapis Lazuli Roc materialized in Kyle’s hand, completing the ritual.

“Novice,” said Kyle.

Kyle picked John up by the collar of his white shirt jacket and roughly tossed him off the stage. John fell to the ground with a thud, hurting him further. The crowd was shocked at this malicious act, so they started to boo.

“That was uncalled for!” yelled the announcer. “Kyle Penn, for that act, you are disqua–”

The announcer’s words were stopped by an invisible force choking him. Kyle’s arm was held out, his hand forming like he was choking something. The audience was horrified.

“I’m sorry,” mocked Kyle, “I’m what?” Kyle began to laugh as the announcer gasped for air.

“Let him go!” yelled a voice. Kyle looked and saw Alex standing where John had been minutes before, a constructed D-Pad on his wrist.

“Well, well, well. Just the man I’m looking for.” Kyle released his hold on the announcer.

"You can attack us all you like,” shouted Alex, “but I will not let you hurt innocent civilians.”

“I’m getting the police,” said the announcer, getting out his cell phone.

Kyle raised his arm into the air and slammed it down on the stage ground, causing a green ring to envelop the area. People who also tried to go and call the police started observing their phones. They were all turned off, disabled by Kyle’s magic. The crowd began to nervously murmur what was happening.

“You didn’t think I would allow the cops to ruin my hunt, would you?” asked Kyle.

“Kyle,” growled Alex. “Just how many Stone of Equus cards do you need before you’re through?”

“In all honesty, yours is the last one I need. Once I finally take your Stone of Equus card, Rae Sulfa Tun’s plan plan can finally come into fruition.”

“And what is this plan?”

“The complete and utter destruction of Equestria, and in due time, this world as well.”

Crowds from both Naperville and Equestria gasped in horror.

“What are you talking about?”

“You see, Rae has a, how do you say, grudge against Equestria. Once we obtain the Stones of Equus and the vast powers they contain, she can enact her revenge. And since your world is so close by, we’ll take the time to destroy yours as well.”

“Do you think I’ll let you?”

“I never did. But if you truly think that you can save both worlds, then face me, Alex Yuwell.”

“I shall!”

Alex unsheathed his duel disk. Kyle’s duel disk was already on his arm, so he reshuffled his deck and was ready to go.

“Well,” said the announcer, “this is the final match of the Riverwalk Competition Tournament between Alexander Yuwell and Kyle Penn Will Alex be able to defeat him, or will Kyle triumph? Let’s see…”
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Back in Equestria, Reese and Claude had their hands clasped as if they were in prayer.

“Come on, Alex,” sighed Reese.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Alex and Kyle drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they both cried.

PreviousChapters Next