• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 5,590 Views, 263 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Equus - moviemaster8510



An aspiring duelist's life changes forever when the world of Equestria appears near Earth.

  • ...
61
 263
 5,590

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 47: Trixie

Fluttershy, Claude, and Spike were flung from another portal formed at the just above the ground, crashing and rolling on it upon impact. Claude was the first to get up. Upon seeing Fluttershy and Spike still lying on the ground, he ran over to the both of them and helped them on their feet.

“Are you okay?” he asked them.

“Yes,” sighed Fluttershy. “Thank you.”

“Yeah,” confirmed Spike. “I’m good.”

After taking a better look at their surroundings, they found that they were in a forested area, surrounded by trees with enough space for a duel.

“Don’t tell me…” spoke Claude.

“Trixie shall!” called a voice.

Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy turned around to see Trixie walking up from behind the bark of a tree on the outskirts of the open area. She smirked confidently as she stepped forward.

“Trixie,” shouted Claude. “Where are our friends?”

“Away,” she simply stated. “Not only do they have to face the rest of us, but now your friends can’t be here to support you.”

“Trixie,” yelled Spike. “You never learn, do you?”

“The only thing that shall be learned is for you to grovel at Trixie’s hooves when she defeats you and takes your Stone of Equus card.”

“Like hell that’s going to happen!” yelled Claude.

The increase of volume from Claude’s voice caused Fluttershy to couch down onto the ground and tremble.

“So confident,” mused Trixie aloud. “Yet, you’re totally helpless.”

“What are you talking about? There’s three of us versus one of you. It seems to me like you’re the helpless one here.”

“It’s simple,” said Trixie. “You three shall face me. One of you shall start the duel, and then I shall take my turn. Then, another shall go, and then to me again. We continue this until each of us have had a turn, and then we start over with the duelist who began. Surely with me versus all of you, it’s only fair.”

“And life points?”

“Each side will share 12000. Also, you each have your own five monster and spell/trap zones while I have my own set.”

“Alright then,” yelled Claude, unsheathing his duel disk, “I accept. There’s no way I’m letting you take this world away from me.”

“Let’s go!” yelled Spike, unsheathing his own duel disk. “I’ll teach you for insulting Twilight and her friends!”

“Um,” muttered Fluttershy, “okay.” Fluttershy’s duel disk unsheathed.

Trixie’s own duel disk propelled itself from her cutie mark, which formed upon Trixie’s wrist.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

From an island in the center of the Fermilab particle accelerator ring, Rae stood patiently.

“Let the games begin,” she shouted, pointing her palm into the air.

A bright ball of light shot out from her and into the sky. Upon getting high enough, the ball of light exploded, a white, translucent aura covering the entire ring in a large dome. Once the base of the dome formed on the manmade channel of water that formed the boundary of the ring, it disappeared.

Jenny and Lisa drove down the road, catching the entire spectacle.

“Can’t this thing go faster?” asked Lisa.

“Yeah, when it isn’t being rolled like Casino Royale!” yelled Jenny.

They continued to drive chunkily down the road.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“What was that?” asked Claude.

“That dome will bring our duel to life,” answered Trixie. “The loser of this duel will relinquish any Stones of Equus that they own to the dome. Once the Stone goes to the dome, its energy will be transferred to the particle accelerator, giving it the juice it needs to destroy Equestria. Unfortunately, this also applies to Trixie as well. However, Trixie will not let this happen.”

“I certainly will!”

With each duelist drawing five cards from their decks, they prepared for their final battle.

“DUEL!” they all yelled

Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy vs. Trixie

Claude’s Turn: Claude activates Reinforcement of the Army, adding a level four or lower Warrior-type monster from his deck to his hand, choosing Heroic Challenger – Double Lance. Claude summons Heroic Challenger – Double Lance (ATK: 1700 DEF: 900). When Heroic Challenger – Double Lance is normal summoned, Claude can special summon Heroic Challenger – Double Lance from his hand in defense position.

Claude overlays both Heroic Challenger – Double Lances to xyz summon Heroic Champion – Excalibur (ATK: 2000 DEF: 2000). Claude activates Heroic Champion – Excalibur’s effect. By detaching two xyz materials from it, Heroic Champion – Excalibur’s ATK becomes double its original ATK until the opponent’s end phase (ATK: 2000 -> 4000).

Claude places three cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-12000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-3
***************************************************

“Hmm,” groaned Trixie. “Tricky. Pah! No matter. Trixie will undermine your so call strategy.”

***************************************************
Trixie’s Turn: Trixie activates the continuous spell card Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen, allowing her to special summon a Fairy-type monster from her hand when she controls no monsters, choosing Arcana Force XVIII – The Moon (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2800). Trixie then activates Inferno Reckless Summon, special summoning as many Arcana Force XVIII – The Moons from her deck as possible. Because Claude’s Heroic Champion – Excalibur exists from the extra deck, he can’t use Inferno Reckless Summon’s effect.

Trixie tributes all three Arcana Force XVIII – The Moons to special summon Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler (ATK: 4000 DEF: 4000). A coin is tossed. It lands on heads.

During Trixie’s end phase, Heroic Champion – Excalibur’s ATK returns to normal (ATK: 4000 -> 2000).

Trixie places one card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-12000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

“Now your monster is weak again!” laughed Trixie. “There’s no doubt. Trixie will prove to you that she is a greater duelist than any of you ever will be!”

“Whatever,” scoffed Spike, earning a shocked gasp and growl from Trixie. “If your dueling is anything like how you handled the Ursa Minor, then you’ll be real easy to beat!”

“I’d watch your words, you puny lizard. Otherwise, Trixie is going to deliver some very harsh punishment to the naughty colt.”

“You’re right.”

This answer seemed to surprise Trixie. She couldn’t believe someone was following her demands.

“After all,” continued Spike, “you know what they say, ‘Actions speak louder than words.’”

Trixie was more surprised at this double take.

***************************************************
Spike’s Turn: Spike activates Graceful Charity, drawing three cards and discarding two. Spike then activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Evolsaur Vulcano from his graveyard (ATK: 1200 DEF: 1000). Spike then activates Big Evolution Pill, tributing Evolsaur Vulcano to be able to normal summon Dinosaur-type monsters without tributing.

Spike normal summons Jurrac Titano (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2800). Spike activates Jurrac Titano’s effect. By banishing a Jurrac monster in his graveyard with 1700 or less ATK, he can raise Jurrac Titino’s ATK by 1000 until the end phase (ATK: 3000 -> 4000). Next, Spike equips Jurrac Titano with Raise Body Heat, increasing its ATK and DEF: by 300 (ATK: 4000 -> 4300, DEF: 2800 -> 3100).

Spike attacks Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler with Jurrac Titano, but Trixie activates Invincible Hero, preventing Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler’s destruction by battle. Battle damage is still calculated.

Trixie’s Life Points: 1200 -> 11700

During the end phase, Jurrac Titano’s ATK returns to normal (ATK: 4300 -> 3300).

Spike places one card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-12000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

“Uh,” snorted Trixie, “you’ll pay for that one.”

***************************************************
Trixie’s Turn: Trixie attacks Jurrac Titano with Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler, but Claude activates Shift, redirecting the attack to Heroic Champion – Excalibur. Next, he activates Attack Invulnerability, preventing his monster’s destruction by battle. Then, he activates Heroic Retribution Sword, equipping it to Heroic Champion – Excalibur and having Trixie take the battle damage that’s inflicted onto Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy.

Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy’s Life Points: 12000 -> 10000

Trixie’s Life Points: 11700 -> 9700

Also, after damage calculation, the monster that attacked Heroic Champion – Excalibur is destroyed, destroying Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler.

Trixie activates the effect of Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen, special summoning Arcana Force VI – The Lovers in defense position (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1600). Spike activates his face down Hunting Instinct, allowing him to special summon a Dinosaur-type monster from his hand, choosing Black Tyranno (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1800). A coin is flipped. It lands on tails.

Trixie sets one monster. Fluttershy activates the effect of Naturia Cosmobeet from her hand, special summoning it when her opponent normal summons or sets a monster (ATK: 1000 DEF: 700).

Trixie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-9700 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0
***************************************************

Claude found it somewhat amusing that Trixie was getting so angry at this turn of events.

“What’s the matter Trixie?” taunted Claude. “Are you afraid we’re going to wipe the floor with your arrogant ass?”

“You shut up, dark man!” shouted Trixie. “I will not be spoken to that way!”

Claude’s eyes widened. Instead of referring to herself in third person, she had referred to herself as “I.”

“I mean,” stammered Trixie, having caught herself as well, “Trixie will not be spoken to like… that way. Bow before me- I mean Trixie!”

“Trixie,” spoke Claude, “quit the charade. We know that’s not really you.”

“Just make your next move! Trixie grows tired of waiting.”

Fluttershy, having remained mostly silent throughout the duel, felt a fire burn in her. Trixie’s appearance, along with her strong monsters, were quite intimidating, but she was becoming more irate with Trixie’s attitude towards her friends, as told by the grimace plastered on her face.

“Nopony walks all over my friends like that! Nopony!”

***************************************************
Fluttershy’s Turn: Fluttershy summons Naturia Horneedle (ATK: 1800 DEF: 100). Fluttershy then activates Leodrake’s Mane, making the ATK of one of her Naturia monsters 3000 until the end phase while negating its effects, choosing Naturia Cosmobeet (ATK: 1000 -> 3000).

Fluttershy attacks Arcana Force VI – The Lovers with Naturia Horneedle. Next, Fluttershy attacks Trixie’s face down monster, which is a Morphing Jar (ATK: 700 DEF: 600). When Morphing Jar is flip summoned, all players discard their hands and draw five cards from their decks.

Fluttershy tunes Naturia Horneedle with Naturia Cosmobeet to synchro summon Naturia Barkion (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1800).
Fluttershy places three cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-1000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-3
***************************************************

“Now your field is completely wiped out,” shouted Spike. “What are you going to do now?”

“Let’s see what Trixie’s replenished hand has to say about that.”

***************************************************
Trixie’s Turn: Trixie activates Heavy Storm, destroying all spell and trap cards on the field (including Heroic Redemption Sword and Raise Body Heat) (ATK: 3300 -> 3000, DEF: 3100 -> 2800). Next, she activates the spell Direct Overlay, allowing her to xyz summon a monster using the proper materials from her hand. Trixie overlays Darklord Desire and Arcana Force EX – The Dark Ruler from her hand to xyz summon Cobalt Ursa Minor (ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000).

Trixie activates the effect of Cobalt Ursa Minor. By detaching one xyz material from it, she can draw one card. If the drawn card is a monster, Cobalt Ursa Minor can attack a number of times equal to the level of the drawn monster. She draws Arcana Force VIII – Strength (Lvl.: 5). Next, she equips Cobalt Ursa with Elf’s Light, increasing its ATK by 400 and decreases its DEF by 200 (ATK: 3000 -> 3400, DEF: 3000 -> 2600).

Trixie attacks Naturia Barkion with Cobalt Ursa Minor.

Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy’s Life Points: 1000 -> 9100

Trixie attacks Jurrac Titano with Cobalt Ursa Minor.

Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy’s Life Points: 9100 -> 8700

Trixie attacks Black Tyrano with Cobalt Ursa Minor.

Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy’s Life Points: 8700 -> 7900

Trixie attacks Heroic Champion – Excalibur with Cobalt Ursa Minor.

Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy’s Life Points: 7900 -> 6500

Trixie attacks Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy directly with Cobalt Ursa Minor.

Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy’s Life Points: 6500 -> 3100

Trixie then activates her Graceful Charity, drawing three cards and discarding two.

Trixie places two cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-9700 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

Trixie laughed as Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy writhed in pain, each of their monsters taken out along with a direct blow to all of them.

“You see why it’s fruitless to stand up to Trixie?” she taunted. “Your monsters are a mere worms to my bird of a monster, and I shall snatch them up when they attempt to emerge!”

Trixie continued to laugh.

“Birds? Worms? Seriously?” asked Claude.

Trixie looked to Claude, who stood tall amongst his teammates, who were still lying down and weakened by Trixie’s stone of Equus.

“You’re about as phony as they come,” he continued.

Trixie tried to protest, but he kept talking, restricting her from even the slightest rebuttal.

“You think that because you prose your words with pretty analogies and that you refer to yourself in the third person makes you a better duelist- no, person than me?”

Trixie wanted nothing more than to answer him, but her face was contorted with anger and a hint of despair.

“Right now, my wife is pregnant with our son whom I hope to live to see. But what do you have to fight for? The only one you care for is yourself, and because of that, you will never rise above me! And with the bonds that I share with my friends and comrades, we’ll soar to heights that you’ve never dreamed of! Just watch!”

***************************************************
Claude’s Turn: Claude activates The Warrior Returning Alive, adding a level 4 or lower Warrior-type monster from his graveyard to his hand, choosing Heroic Challenger – Double Lance. Next, Claude summons Heroic Challenger – Double Lance. Claude activates Heroic Challenger – Double Lance’s effect, special summoning another Heroic Challenger – Double Lance from his graveyard. Claude activates Double Summon, summoning Heroic Challenger – Extra Sword from his hand (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000).

Claude overlays both Heroic Challenger – Double Lance and Heroic Challenger – Extra Sword to xyz summon Ruby Phoenix (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1800). When Heroic Challenger – Extra Sword is used as xyz material in the xyz summoning of a monster, that xyz monster gains 1000 ATK (ATK: 2600 -> 3600).

Claude attacks Cobalt Ursa Minor with Ruby Phoenix, but Trixie activates her Attack Invulnerability, preventing her monster’s destruction by battle. Battle damage is still applied.

Trixie’s Life Points: 9700 -> 9500

Claude then activates Space Cyclone, detaching an xyz material from Cobalt Ursa Minor.

Claude places one card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-3100 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

No, thought Trixie. Not only is my monster weaker than his, but his Stone’s effect can withstand my true ace. I’m I… really done for? Am I really… a loser?”

Trixie crouched her legs, giving the impression that she was sitting. She then leaned forward and supported herself with her forearms, her head hanging low. Trixie’s tears began to roll down her face, down her snout, and onto the ground. Despite her behavior towards them, Claude and Fluttershy were confused towards her sudden sad behavior.

“Aw look,” teased Spike, pointing at Trixie, “looks like we finally hurt her little feelings!”

Trixie then began to have an awful memory of when she was a filly in magic school.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
................................................................................................................................................................
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Trixie attempted to carry a couple of books with her magic. Being very new, however, she quickly fatigued and dropped them, the tomes clattering open upon impact with the ground. As she quickly tried to rake the books in with her hooves to cover up her blunder, she had a chorus of laughter taunt her as she blushed profusely.

“Look at that!” yelled a male unicorn student. “I’ve seen earth ponies that can use magic better than she can.”

“What a loser!” a unicorn filly exclaimed.

“She doesn’t deserve to have a horn!”

“Is there a grade lower than Magical Kindergarten?”

Students continued to tease and laugh. Trixie put her hooves over her head, trying to shield herself from their torment. Upon peering through a hole she made, she watched a filly Twilight Sparkle happily prance alongside her teacher Princess Celestia.

The students’ laughter along with Twilight’s beaming face awakened something in Trixie that would change her for the rest of her life. As Trixie watched Celestia court the purple filly, Trixie began to scowl.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
................................................................................................................................................................
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Trixie’s head shot up, revealing her enraged eyes and seething face. She quickly stood back up, putting all hooves onto the ground.

“NO!” yelled Trixie. “Trixie is the best duelist there ever was! And now, you will taste the wrath of the monster that defeated your new friend Kyle.”

“Kyle?” yelled Claude.

“Yes, and Trixie will send you where she sent him just minutes ago!”

***************************************************
Trixie’s Turn: Trixie activates her face down Jar of Greed, drawing one card. Trixie equips Cobalt Ursa Minor with Xyz Jeweled Crown, making its rank its level (Rnk.: 10 -> Lvl.: 10). Also, when its used in the xyz summoning of a monster, it can be treated as two xyz materials. Trixie activates her Xyz Plant, which becomes a monster with the same level as a monster Trixie controls. Trixie overlays Cobalt Ursa Minor and Xyz Plant to xyz summon Garnet Ursa Major (ATK: 4000 DEF: 4000).

Trixie activates Garnet Ursa Major’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, when it destroys a monster by battle, Trixie can inflict damage equal to the destroyed monster’s ATK. Also, neither Claude, Spike, or Fluttershy can activate trap cards until the end of the damage step when it attacks.

Trixie attacks Ruby Phoenix with Garnet Ursa Major, but Claude activates Ruby Phoenix’s effect. By detaching an xyz material from it when it would be destroyed by battle or a card effect, it’s destruction is negated. Battle damage still applies.

Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy’s Life Points: 3100 -> 2700

Trixie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-9500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0
***************************************************

“It’s over!” yelled Claude. “I have the high ground. With my monster’s effect, you’ll only manage to chip away at our life points before its real effect activates.”

“Don’t be so cocky!” yelled Trixie. “I’m still going to beat you and teach all of those who ever laughed at me a lesson they won’t ever forget!”

“Wait,” yelled Spike, “laughed? Who laughed at you?”

Trixie realized she was spilling more information than she would have cared for.

“Never mind!” she nervously demanded. “Make your next move.”

“Alright,” shouted Spike. “My tu–”

“Spike,” interrupted Claude. “Don’t summon any monsters. This is between me and Ruby Phoenix.”

“Okay,” confirmed Spike.

***************************************************
Spike’s Turn: Spike activates Meteor of Destruction, inflicting 1000 points of damage to Trixie when her life points are higher than 3000.

Trixie’s Life Points: 9500 -> 8500

Spike places one card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life-2700 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

Trixie still looked very angry after Spike’s damage.

“I’m not falling for your trap!” yelled Trixie. “Your monster may be powerful, but if you even think of summoning a monster, you’ll feel the wrath of my Ursa Major’s paw. And with an xyz material still on me, you won’t want to either.”

“I wouldn’t think so if I were you,” quipped Spike.

“What?”

“Take your next move and see.”

***************************************************
Trixie’s Turn: Spike activates Battle Mania, forcing all monsters that Trixie controls to battle this turn. Trixie activates Garnet Ursa Major’s effect again, detaching its last xyz material from it keep Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy from activating spell or trap cards during the damage step.

================================================================================

Trixie’s face contorted with anger.

“No more games!” she screamed. “Garnet Ursa Major! Show no mercy!”

================================================================================

Trixie attacks Ruby Phoenix with Garnet Ursa Major, but Claude activates Ruby Phoenix’s effect, detaching an xyz material from it to prevent its destruction. Battle damage is still applied.

Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy’s Life Points: 2700 -> 2300

Trixie activates Overlay Regenerate, attaching itself as xyz material to Garnet Ursa Major.

Trixie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-8500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0
***************************************************

It seemed that Trixie’s last hit proved to be much more taxing to Claude, as even he began to have trouble getting up.

“Claude!” cried Fluttershy. “No!”

“Just think,” said Trixie. “This can all be over if you just quit! Your friends will no longer have to suffer. Just say the words: ‘I quit.’”

Fluttershy looked at her fallen comrade with sympathy, and then glared daggers into Trixie.

“No!” she exclaimed. “You may think you can intimidate me, but I feel invincible with my friends around!”

“Oh really?” mocked Trixie. “Do you wonder why we separated you like this? It’s because we knew that with the Elements of Harmony all here, these duels would be a lot tougher for us. Without them, you’re nothing! You hear me? Nothing!”

Fluttershy continued to stare Trixie down, all until she noticed a glowing from the top card of her deck. Suddenly, the same glow came from her Element necklace.

“What?” questioned Trixie.

“Could it be?” whispered Fluttershy.

Without thinking too heavily, she put her hoof on her deck.

“My turn!” she yelled, drawing her card. “Draw!”

Upon seeing it, she turned to Claude, who just managed to kneel on one knee.

“Claude,” she said, “do you trust me?”

“Of course I do!” he answered. “Now go for it!”

***************************************************
Fluttershy’s Turn: Fluttershy equips Garnet Ursa Major with Element of Harmony – Kindness, increasing its ATK by 2000 (ATK: 4000 -> 6000).

Fluttershy ends her turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life-2300 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-0
***************************************************

Everyone but Fluttershy was surprised by that move. To them, she had just given her enemy the victory with her new card.

“HAHAHAHAHA!!” cackled Trixie. “So that’s what the Elements of Harmony are only capable of when separated? HA! What a joke!”

“Fluttershy,” groaned Claude. “What have you done?”

“Did I not ask you to trust me?” she asked confidently.

Claude tried to make sense of what was happening, but he felt something inside him to take Fluttershy’s word for it.

“Now you’re sunk!” shouted Trixie.

***************************************************
Trixie’s Turn: Trixie activates Garnet Ursa Major’s effect again, detaching its last xyz material from it keep Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy from activating spell or trap cards during the damage step.

Trixie attacks Ruby Phoenix with Garnet Ursa Major, but with Element of Harmony – Kindness’ effect, when Garnet Ursa Major attacks a monster while equipped with it, the monster it attacks gains 100 ATK for each monster on the field (2 x 100 = 200, ATK: 3600 ->3800). Claude activates Ruby Phoenix’s effect, detaching its last xyz material to prevent its destruction. Battle damage is still applied.

Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy’s Life Points: 2300 ->100

When Ruby Phoenix has no xyz materials attached to it, it’s destroyed by its own effect.

================================================================================

“Impossible!” yelled Trixie, her voice starting to crack under the stress.

Whatever, thought Trixie. I’ll have more than enough life points to fend off Claude’s next attack and-

Before Trixie could finish her thought, Garnet Ursa Major took a large step over to Fluttershy’s side of the field, utterly confusing Trixie.

“What?” she stuttered. “What’s going on?”

“During your end phase,” explained Fluttershy as Trixie’s monster card materialized itself onto her duel disk, “a monster equipped with Element of Harmony – Kindess switches control to me.”

“That’s good,” smiled Trixie. “Now take its curse!”

Fluttershy saw as the sparks began to envelop her new card. However, instead of spreading to her body like they did for Reese or Twilight, they instead zapped themselves onto Fluttershy’s necklace, where they disappeared.

“No…” whispered Trixie.

================================================================================

During the end phase, with Element of Harmony – Kindness’ effect, the monster equipped to it has its control switched to Fluttershy.

Trixie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-4000 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-0
***************************************************

“Leaving your field open won’t save you!” yelled Claude at an already trembling Trixie. “This duel is already won!”

***************************************************
Claude’s Turn: During Claude’s standby phase, when Ruby Phoenix was destroyed by its own effect, it can special summon itself from the graveyard, and when it does, he can look at the top five cards of his deck. If any of the five cards are monster cards, he can attach them to Ruby Phoenix as xyz material and destroy any number of cards on the field up to the amount of monsters attached. Of the five cards Claude looked at, three of them are monsters. Claude places the other cards that he saw to the top of his deck in any order.

Claude then activates Gift of the Martyr, sending a monster on his side of the field to the graveyard and having a monster that he controls gain ATK equal to the sent monster’s ATK, sending Garnet Ursa Major to the graveyard to have Ruby Phoenix gain its ATK (ATK: 2600 -> 8600).

Claude attacks Trixie directly with Ruby Phoenix.

Trixie’s Life Points: 8500 -> 0

Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy win.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

As Trixie fell back from the massive damage, both the Cobalt Ursa Minor and Garnet Ursa Major cards flew from Trixie’s graveyard and towards sky. Before they could escape though, they collided with the dome, revealing it around the area where the cards touched it. Once contact was made, the cards assimilated into the dome like drops of water in a swimming pool. Trixie had no time to see this as she continued to fly back, the ground finally breaking her fall and stopping her.

“Yeah!” cheered Spike. “We did it!”

Claude was then rushed and hugged by Spike and Fluttershy, congratulating him over his victory. Claude did his best to appease his friends, but then noticed Trixie lying stomach and face down on the ground, sobbing. Claude broke free of his friend’s group hug and walked over to Trixie, kneeling down to be closer to her level. Fluttershy and Spike followed.

“I’m worthless,” she bawled, her voice muffled by the earth. “I’m a worthless mare and I’ll never amount to anything.”

“You certainly don’t duel like a worthless person,” said Claude.

Trixie shot her head up, seeing Claude kneeling there.

“Wh- what?”

“You heard me. I think you dueled pretty damned good out there.”

“But… but I lost.”

“So?” said Spike. “You managed to knock out almost all of our life points against three people. That’s impressive.”

“He’s right,” answered Claude. “You may not have beaten us, but you certainly gave us a run for our money, and I couldn’t ask for more in a duelist.”

“Why?” sniffled Trixie, finally mustering the strength to sit up and talk to her three foes. “Why are you being so nice to me? Even after all that I’ve done?”

“Come on,” said Spike. “It doesn’t take a genius to know that you’ve got issues.”

Claude quickly shoved Spike by his face onto the ground.

“What he means is,” Claude spoke, “that you seem to use your theatrics as a façade. Why? You don’t need to be abrasive to make something of yourself.”

“It’s the only thing that carried me through.”

“Huh?”

“When I was a filly, I wanted nothing more than to attend Princess Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns. Unfortunately, I wasn’t very skilled with magic at that time. However, I was so desperate to succeed, that I had a more talented look-alike take the entrance exam for me. Needless to say, I stuck out like a sore thumb there.

"I failed most of my tests, I struggled with homework, and worst of all, my lack of skill in magic was a great weapon for ponies to pick on me with. One day, I saw a unicorn walking the halls with Princess Celestia herself. Seeing her so happy changed me. I knew that I wasn’t going to go anywhere with anyone’s help.

“I began to study fervently, getting little to no sleep by reading books about basic spells I should have learned up in that point, getting more advanced as the nights went on. By midterms, I was already getting to the top of my class, using my newly learned spells and mixing them to create the show-stopping magic that I would later use in my acts. With my newfound abilities, I finally proved all naysayers wrong.

“However, my newly attained dream came at a price. Despite being magically talented, I was a nightmare to collaborate with. Ponies referred to me as a cold, abrasive mare. Being that these were the same ponies tormented me, I took their insults with a grain of salt.

“When I graduated, I went alone to take my show on the road. Some towns were more than receptive of my act, while others proved to be more… hostile. Ponyville was one of them. After the Ursa Minor incident that claimed my wagon and home, I had to find other means of work, namely a rock farm just outside of Fillydelphia. It was during my break one day when I saw a newspaper article with Twilight and her friends, the same ponies who embarrassed me in Ponyville, celebrating their defeat of Discord.

“It was then that I had given up on my life, wandering from town to town, doing more odd jobs to get by. It was soon after that I was contacted by Rae in my dreams. How this happened, I don’t know.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________
................................................................................................................................................................
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Huh?” thought Trixie as she woke up in a black void. “Where am I?”

“You are at the point of no return,” said Rae’s voice.

Rae then materialized from the void in front of Trixie.

“What? What are you?”

“My name is Rae Sulfa Tun. You, like me, seem to have been dealt a rough hand in this life. Would you like to start over?” she asked, reaching her hand out.

“I don’t understand.”

“Your entire life has been nothing but torment and despair. I’m offering you a choice. You can float away, wake up in your bed, and return to your crummy life. Or, you can take my hand, and I’ll allow you to take revenge on the world that forsook you.”

Trixie was certain she was in a dream still, and she figured that a vengeful fantasy would be quite soothing to her. Upon, letting Rae take her outstretched hoof, they were both covered by a bright light.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
................................................................................................................................................................
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“When I woke up,” explained Trixie, “I didn’t find myself in my run-down flat anymore. I was in a brand new world. There, I met, Gilda, Grant, Chrysalis, Kyle, and Zelda. I learned more about the human world through books and the invention known as television. It was then that I realized that my vengeful wishes could become a reality. Now that I’ve failed Rae, I don’t know what’s in store for me…”

Trixie continued to cry, tears bleeding from her eyes. She then felt a hoof dry them off for her. Fluttershy flicked her wrist dry.

“Come with us,” she suggested.

“What?”

“Yeah,” agreed Claude. “We won’t let you be punished by Rae, especially not after what you’ve gone through. Plus, we could always use another good duelist on our team.”

“You... really mean that?”

Claude nodded. With a bright smile, Trixie leapt up and hugged Claude, nuzzling her head into his chest. Spike and Fluttershy looked upon the two, their smiles radiating with sympathy and forgiveness.

“Wait!” shouted Trixie. “We should leave!”

“What, why?” asked Spike.

“We should find your friends. Then, we should find Rae. She’ll be tough to beat, even in our numbers.”

“Let’s not waste any time then,” said Claude.

Trixie trotted to the center of the ring, Claude, Spike, and Fluttershy following forward.

PreviousChapters Next