• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 5,591 Views, 263 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Equus - moviemaster8510



An aspiring duelist's life changes forever when the world of Equestria appears near Earth.

  • ...
61
 263
 5,591

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 42: Escape

The changelings formed a swirling wall outside the barn, preventing them from leaving. Alex, Tom, Sarah, and Jenny stood still, watching the chaos outside. Gilda began to laugh more, knowing that their chances of leaving were slim to none. The changelings continued to fly, awaiting for the arrival of their queen.

However, a bright collection of electrical volts rained from the sky, showering all of the changelings and zapping them. One by one, the changelings fell out of the sky like dead birds. They were still alive, but most were paralyzed. Alex, Tom, Sarah, and Jenny walked out to see all of the changelings scattered across the ground. Suddenly, a spotlight shone from the sky. Alex and the others looked up to see Zelda in her glider.

“Hey!” called Alex. “Did you do that?”

“Yes, I did!” she called. “Now hurry up, Chrysalis and Trixie will be here any–”

Gilda rammed into Zelda’s glider, having flown from the barn’s back door and blindsided her. Zelda was quick enough to flip her glider in the air enough times to throw Gilda off.

“GO!” she screamed just before she took another hit from Gilda.

Alex and Tom wasted no time in getting to their duel runners, which were still parked inside the barn. Alex put Jenny in the backseat while Tom put Sarah in his. Alex and Tom both gave Jenny and Sarah their own helmets.

“Don’t you need this?” asked Jenny to Alex.

“You need it more than I do!” he responded.

Tom and Alex started their engines and quickly rode away from the barn.

“Let’s split up!” said Tom. “If they want to duel us, they can take us one on one, but I don’t think I can handle another doubles.”

Alex wanted to protest, but in this case, Tom may have had a point. Now that they were on the road, any mistake could have caused any of them to crash their bikes into each other.

“Alright,” said Alex, “see you at home!”

Tom decided to cheat the law and take the nature trail all the way to Herrick Rd. where they’d try and hit as many backroads as possible to evade recognition. Alex and Sarah would try and hit as many of the busier streets south of them, where they’d hopefully not be targeted for attack to prevent civilian casualties. Both judgments would be wrong.

Tom continued down the gravel path as fast as his bike or the ever winding path would allow him. Thankfully, Tom and his father used to ride bikes there when he was a kid, leaving Tom’s memory of where they were going to be their biggest advantage. As Tom continued on, above them, Chrysalis flew with Trixie on her back. Trixie took notice at the headlight provided by Tom’s duel runner as it rode on. Trixie hopped off of Chrysalis, falling towards the ground. Using her magic, she made a silver disk appear from under her hooves and stuck to them. Trixie’s disk then pulled up, flying just above the ground. Trixie found Tom and made chase.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Chrysalis looked in the distance from the sky to see Alex and Jenny riding south on Naperville Rd. towards the Warrenville Rd. intersection. Chrysalis wasted no time to catch her prey.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Tom was at the last four way intersection of the path before he would come to the parking lot of the Herrick Lake parking lot. Taking a look in his rearview mirror, he found Trixie flying up right behind him.

“What the hell?” he blurted.

“Trixie won’t let you escape this time!” she exclaimed.

Tom had one cover to help him in his escape: the forest. The path between the intersection and the parking lot was laden in trees and flora. If Trixie was going to catch him, she would have to tail him through an area completely unknown to her. Tom grimaced, as it was his only shot.

Tom expertly stayed on the path, despite the gravel under his wheel forcing him to slide around during sharp turns. Trixie had harder luck. Being a stranger to the forest in the Herrick Nature Preserve, she grazed the trees that lined the edge of the path. However, Tom and Trixie came to a straight point in the path. Trixie felt comfortable to aim a spell at her target to immobilize him.

“I’ve got you now!” said Trixie to herself.

Tom turned right, continuing on the path. However, Trixie was so preoccupied with her spell, that she didn’t see the tree right in front of her. Trixie pulled away too late, and her silver disk clipped the trunk, causing her to fly off and onto the ground. Trixie knew better than to put her pain before her mission, so she conjured up another disk and flew back along the path.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Alex and Jenny were caught at the red light at Naperville/Warrenville. Alex was mildly hopping up and down on his seat, eager for the light to turn green. Jenny looked behind her to see the cars coming up from behind them. She saw a black shape in the sky that caused her a lot of dread.

“Alex!” she yelled at him, pointing to the shape.

Alex looked behind him to see Chrysalis darting towards the two of them. The light showed no signs of changing, and Chrysalis looked like she was out for blood. There was only one solution.

“Hold on!” yelled Alex.

He revved his duel runner up and accelerated across the intersection, doing his best to dodge the traffic darting from the left and right, while also going fast enough to try and keep Chrysalis from catching them. Alex and Jenny were fortunate enough to make it to the other side of the street and try and continue on.

Alex passed under the Ronald Reagan Memorial Highway and continued down Naperville. Just as he was about to pass the ramp to go to eastbound on the tollway, he saw that his handlebars had a green glow to them. They then began turning by themselves, directing the bike towards the highway ramp.

“You didn’t think you’d run away from me that easily, did you?” asked Chrysalis.

Alex grunted, having been pulled into her trap.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Tom exited the gravel path and found himself on the firm asphalt. With the space given to him by Trixie’s blunder, he had a bit more of a lead. As Tom zoomed through the parking lot, he couldn’t help but notice Carolyn’s van parked in one of the spaces. Tom disregarded this and continued going. Tom was shocked to see the van turn its lights on and speed off behind Tom. Tom turned onto the street with the van behind him. Trixie took notice of this.

“No!” she shouted. “They’re mine!”

Trixie followed the van that was following Tom. Trixie charged up magic in her horn to knock the van out of the way. As she shot it, the magic bolt aiming for its target, the back doors of the van opened up, revealing Twilight and Rainbow Dash.

Twilight countered Trixie’s spell with a magical barrier, neutralizing the bolt. Twilight then launched a blue spell with red swirls in it. Trixie attempted to block the attack with her disk, but found that it had shattered upon the spell’s collision, knocking Trixie to the side of the road. The red swirls then enveloped Trixie, stunning her movement and preventing the use of her magic. With Trixie finished, the blue unicorn was pulled into a portal, seething as she disappeared.

Rainbow Dash flew from the back of the van and up next to Tom and Sarah.

“Don’t worry about them,” she assured her friends, “she won’t be bothering you anymore.”

“Rainbow!” yelled Tom, delighted at her presence. “So that WAS Carolyn’s van. Wait, who’s driving?”

Tom looked behind her to see Claude in the drivers seat, giving him a salute upon his recognition.

“Where did he come from?”

“You see,” explained Rainbow, “when you guys left, Carolyn called Claude for him to help you guys, and here we are.”

“Anyone else?”

“Twilight took care of Trixie, so you should be all good!”

“Not quite.”

“What? What else?”

“Zelda’s fighting Gilda about three miles east of here. She needs your help.”

“You got it!”

Rainbow Dash departed and whooshed off to help Zelda. Tom and Sarah continued to ride safely with Claude and Twilight behind him as they all drove back to Tom’s house.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Grant continued to lie motionlessly inside the barn. It was as if he was bereft of life, if not, losing it quickly. Rae walked up to him, appearing seemingly out of nowhere. She knelt down and put his hand over his heart.

“Oh my,” she said, “he’s losing it quickly. No matter.”

Rae picked up Grant and hung his arms over her shoulder.

“I guess I’ll just have to fix you up again.”

Rae and Grant then disappeared in another portal that appeared behind them.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Alex and Jenny rode down the highway avoiding any traffic that got in their way. Chrysalis continued to chase them, cackling as she went on.

“What are you going to do?” asked Jenny.

“My last resort!” answered Alex, pushing the button on his duel runner. “Speed World 2, set on!”

“Duel detected,” called an electronic voice.

As the holographic auras surrounded the area, Alex moved into the two empty, far right lanes which were reserved for riding duels.

“Interesting,” stated Chrysalis. “Alright, I accept your challenge!”

Chrysalis’ wrist dealer and “zone-wings” appeared on her. Alex formed his own wrist dealer into its riding duel mode.

“Watch out,” said Jenny, “she’s very powerful.”

“I know,” said Alex.

“You won’t escape!” shouted Chrysalis.

“I can sure try!”

Alex and Chrysalis drew five cards from their decks. Chrysalis levitated her hand in front of her face while Alex slipped his onto his wrist dealer.

“DUEL!” they both yelled.

Alex vs. Queen Chrysalis

Alex’s Turn: A:1 C:0 – Alex places one card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life-4000 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

Gilda continued to fight Zelda above the Danada House grounds. Zelda dodged Gilda’s numerous attacks as best as she could, but even she knew that it would be a matter of time before Gilda actually landed one. Sure enough, Gilda caught Zelda’s glider and began to pull it down towards the ground.

“I’ve got you now little birdie!” chirped Gilda.

As Zelda struggled to break free, Gilda felt a force drive into her, knocking her away from Zelda. She was shocked to see a familiar rainbow mane attached to the body pushing her off.

“Rainbow!” yelled Gilda.

Rainbow Dash turned around and bucked Gilda even farther away.

“Zelda!” called Rainbow. “Go find Alex! I’m sure he needs your help!”

Rainbow Dash was tackled by Gilda, leaving them to wrestle in the air. Zelda wanted nothing more than to help, but with her array of weapons that would harm both Gilda and Rainbow Dash in their brawl along with her bulky machine, she knew she was of no use for those two.

“Find me Alex’s bike!” said Zelda in the open air.

The lenses of her goggles showed a map pinpointing Alex’s current location on the highway. Wasting no time, she sped away to support her friend.

***************************************************
Chrysalis’ Turn: A:1 C:1 – Chrysalis summons Evilswarm Castor (ATK: 1750 DEF: 550). When Evilswarm Castor is normal summoned, Chrysalis can normal summon once more this turn, summoning Evilswarm Ketos (ATK: 1750 DEF: 1050). Chrysalis activates Evilswarm Ketos’ effect, tributing it to destroy one spell or trap card on the field, choosing Alex’s face down card.

Chrysalis attacks Alex directly with Evilswarm Castor.

Alex’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2250

Chrysalis places two cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

Gilda and Rainbow Dash continued to fight, exchanging blow after blow in the air. Rainbow’s strong legs and arms provided heavy kicks and punches to Gilda’s body. Gilda’s talons and claws scratched and cut at Rainbow’s skin. They were easily in a stalemate at this point.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Alex and Jenny were still recuperating from Chrysalis’ direct attack. They didn’t know how long the duel would last but they had hoped that they’d go no farther than Lombard. Alex knew that Chrysalis was strong; she did beat Jenny after all. However, he resolved that he had to remain stronger.

Alex then saw Zelda’s glider appear from the North and headed towards them.

“Zelda!” called Alex.

“How are you doing?” asked Zelda.

“Very poorly, traitor,” answered Chrysalis.

“Tis only a scratch,” grunted Alex. “Now, let me show you a flesh wound!”

***************************************************
Alex’s Turn: A:2 C:2 – Alex activates the speed spell Angel Baton, drawing two cards and discarding one when he has two or more speed counters. Alex special summons Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit from his hand, as he controls no monsters while his opponent controls one (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1400). Alex then normal summons Dragunity Partisan (ATK: 800 DEF: 1200). When Dragunity Partisan is normal summoned, Alex can special summon a Winged Beast-type Dragunity monster and equip it with Dragunity Partisan, choosing Dragunity Militum (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1200).

Alex activates Dragunity Militum’s effect, special summoning a Dragunity monster from his spell/trap zone, choosing Dragunity Partisan. Alex tunes Dragunity Militum with Dragunity Partisan to synchro summon Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1200). When Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana is synchro summoned, Alex can equip one level 3 or lower Dragon-type Dragunity monster to it from his graveyard, choosing Dragunity Aklys. Alex activates Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana’s effect, sending a card equipped to it to the graveyard to double its ATK until the end phase (ATK: 1900 -> 3800). When Dragunity Aklys is sent to the graveyard while equipped to a monster, Alex can destroy one card on the field, choosing one of Chrysalis’ face down cards.

Alex attacks Evilswarm Castor with Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana, but Chrysalis activates Half Unbreak, preventing Evilswarm Castor’s destruction and halving the battle damage this turn.

Chrysalis’ Life Points: 4000 -> 2975

Alex attacks Evilswarm Castor with Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit.

Chrysalis’ Life Points: 2975 -> 2800

Alex overlays Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana and Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit to xyz summon Jade Wyvern (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2100).

Alex places two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-2250 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“Gilda!” yelled Rainbow Dash to Gilda as the fought. “What happened to you?”

“You should know!” growled Gilda. “You were my friend after all!”

“I know! We were friends! What happened?”

“You tossed me aside for those other lame-o ponies.”

“From the looks of it, those you treated those lame-o’s very badly!”

“They deserved it! And they deserve the fate that’s coming to them when we claim the Stones of Equus!”

“Then you definitely deserve this!”

Rainbow Dash flew fast enough to produce a cone around her right hoof, which was held out in front of her body. Gilda attempted to deflect the attack, but upon contact with her stomach, bolts of white light came from Rainbow Dash’s hoof, stunning Gilda as she fell into the ground. Before she could even hit the ground, a portal came and made her disappear. Rainbow Dash, panting over the effects of her battle, went to fly back to the Emmitt’s house before the adrenaline wore off.

***************************************************
Chrysalis’ Turn: A:3 C:3 – Chrysalis summons Evilswarm Hraesvelg (ATK: 1150 DEF: 1850). Chrysalis overlays Evilswarm Hraesvelg and Evilswarm Castor to xyz summon Evilswarm Bahamut (ATK: 2350 DEF: 1350). Chrysalis activates Evilswarm Bahamut’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it and discarding an Lswarm monster, she can take control of one monster her opponent controls, choosing Jade Wyvern.

Chrysalis attacks Alex directly with Jade Wyvern, but Alex activates Call of the Haunted, special summoning a monster from his graveyard in attack position, choosing Dragunity Militum. Chrysalis attacks Dragunity Militum with Jade Wyvern.

Alex’s Life Points: 2250 -> 1450

Alex activates Card of Last Will, drawing five cards when a monster he controls is destroyed by battle. Chrysalis attacks Alex directly with Evilswarm Bahamut, but Alex activates The High Priestess’ Staff from his hand, negating the attack, ending the battle phase, and inflicting 500 points of damage to Chrysalis.

Chrysalis’ Life Points: 2800 -> 2300

Chrysalis ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-2300 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0
***************************************************

“Hang in there, Alex!” called Zelda.

“You assume that I’m in trouble!” joked Alex.

“Quit kidding around!” yelled Chrysalis. “Your life points are rapidly depleting while mine stay mostly intact. Plus, I have control of your Stone of Equus. You’re in no position to make jokes!”

“I think I am when I can potentially wipe out your field!”

“What?”

***************************************************
Alex’s Turn: A:4 C:4 – Alex activates the speed spell Xyz Treasure, drawing cards equal to the number of xyz monsters on the field when he has four or more speed counters (2). Alex then activates the speed spell Dyxz, returning one xyz monster to the extra deck and special summoning the xyz materials attached to it when he has four or more speed counters, special summoning Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit and Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana to Chrysalis’ side of the field.

Next, he activates the speed spell Synchro Defuse, taking control of one synchro monster that the opponent controls until the end phase, choosing Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana. Alex then sends Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana to the graveyard to special summon Dragunity Arma Mystletainn (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1500). When Dragunity Arma Mystletainn is special summoned from the hand, Alex can equip a Dragon-type Dragunity monster from his graveyard onto it, choosing Dragunity Aklys.

Alex normal summons Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb (ATK: 1800 DEF: 400). Alex then activates the speed spell Lightning Rod, destroying one card he controls, choosing Dragunity Aklys. Since Dragunity Aklys was sent to the graveyard while equipped to a monster, Alex can destroy one card on the field, choosing Evilswarm Bahamut.

Alex attacks Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit with Dragunity Arma Mystletainn. Since both monsters have equal ATKs, they are both destroyed. Alex attacks Chrysalis directly with Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb.

Chrysalis' Life Points: 2300 -> 500

Alex places two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-1450 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“Clever,” spoke Chrysalis.

***************************************************
Chrysalis’ Turn: A:5 C:5 – Chrysalis special summons Evilswarm Mandragora, as her opponent controls more monsters than she does (ATK: 1550 DEF: 1450). Chrysalis tributes Evilswarm Mandragora to normal summon Evilswarm Coppélial (ATK: 2450 DEF: 2050).

Chrysalis attacks Hieratic Dragon of Gebeb with Evilswarm Coppélial, but Alex activates Defense Draw, reducing the battle damage to 0 and drawing one card.

Chrysalis ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-500 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0
***************************************************

Alex’s Turn: A:6 C: 6 – Alex activates the speed spell Shift Down, removing six speed counters (SpC.: 6 -> 0) to draw two cards. Alex special summons another Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit with its effect. Next, Alex activates his face down Immortal Dragon, special summoning Dragunity Arma Mystletainn from his graveyard. Alex overlays Dragunity Arma Mystletainn and Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit to xyz summon Jade Wyvern.

Alex attacks Evilswarm Coppélial with Jade Wyvern.

Chrysalis’ Life Points: 500 -> 450

When Evilswarm Coppélial is sent to the graveyard by battle with an opponent’s monster, Chrysalis can take control of one monster that Alex controls until her next end phase, choosing Jade Wyvern.

Alex places two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-1450 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“Alex!” yelled Jennny, “Why did you do that? Now she has control of Jade Wyvern again!”

“I know,” said Alex. “She has one turn to take me down. I’ll bet that she won’t.”

“We’ll see about that, human!” spoke Chrysalis.

***************************************************
Chrysalis’ Turn: A:1 C:7 – Chrysalis attacks Alex directly with Jade Wyvern, but Alex activates Damage Diet, halving the damage he takes this turn.

Alex’s Life Points: 1450 -> 200

Chrysalis activates Speed World 2’s effect. By removing four speed counters (SpC.: 7 -> 3), she can inflict 800 points of damage for each speed spell in her hand. She has one. Alex, however, activates Trap of Board Eraser, negating the effect damage and having her discard one card from her hand.

During her end phase, Alex regains control of Jade Wyvern.

Chrysalis ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-450 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-0
***************************************************

“NO!” shrieked the changeling queen. “IMPOSSIBLE!”

***************************************************
Alex’s Turn: A:2 C:4 – Alex attacks Chrysalis directly with Jade Wyvern.

Chrysalis’ Life Points: 450 -> 0

Alex wins.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Chrysalis was blasted from the highway and into a dirty slope that lined the road. As her body writhed in pain, a portal came to take her away.

Alex, Jenny, and Zelda continued to ride into the Highland Ave. exit, where they would take the highway back home going westbound. Once they got on, Alex dialed a number into the touchscreen of his duel runner.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Tom, Sarah, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Claude had made it back to the Emmitts’ safely. Thomas and Carolyn were crying as they hugged their daughter. Twilight and the other ponies sat next to Tom, comforting him on the long day he and his friends went through. Lisa, despite being happy for Sarah’s return, was still nervous about Jenny. Kyle stood in the corner of the living room, patiently waiting. Suddenly, he saw from his laptop that Alex was calling him via Skype on his duel runner. Tom rushed to his computer see whatever news there was, answering the call.

“Hello,” Tom answered.

“Tom,” spoke Alex. “I defeated Chrysalis. She’s done. Jenny, Zelda, and I are safe, and we’re coming home.”

Alex looked happy as he watched everyone inside the house cheer for the happy news. Kyle was a bit more nonchalant, but his smile was enough for Alex.

“Hey,” spoke Sarah, putting her face in front of the camera, “I haven’t had dinner yet. Come to think of it, I don’t think any of us have. You mind picking us up some food on the way home? I’m sure Mom will pay you back.”

“You got it. Bye.”

“See you when you get home!”

Alex hung up the phone. Alex, Jenny, and Zelda continued to ride on through the highway until they made it to their next appropriate exit.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Gilda woke up on her bed sore and aching. In the dark room, she saw others in their beds sound asleep: Chrysalis, Grant, Flim, Flam, and Trixie, a faint white aura outlining their bodies. Kyle’s bed was empty.

“You shouldn’t wake up so early,” spoke Rae, emerging from the darkness of the room. “You need to be completely unconscious for the healing to work.”

“I’m sorry,” said Gilda. “It’s just about Grant. How is he?”

“Him? Yes, the curse almost killed him this time. However, I was able to save him.”

“That’s good.”

“Also, I notice that Kyle hasn’t returned yet. Do you know what happened?”

“I can’t say I do. The last time I saw him was… wait.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________
................................................................................................................................................................
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“How did you find us?” yelled Gilda.

“Shot in the dark,” said Alex.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
................................................................................................................................................................
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Gilda, began to piece the puzzle together, until her eyes grew narrow in realization.

“No…” she muttered.

“What’s, "No."”

“There was no way that Alex or Tom could have found us so easily like that AND bypass Trixie and Chrysalis. Someone had to have led them there.”

“Are you suggesting that Kyle has abandoned me?”

“I don’t see any other sensible situation.”

Rae contemplated this in her head as well. She finally came to terms that Gilda was right, as told by the limp falling of her arms to her sides.

“Thank you, Gilda. You may rest now.”

“Thank you ma’am.”

As Gilda laid into her bed to go to sleep, Rae walked to the exit doors, which remained closed. With a forceful push, Gilda cleared both doors from their hinges, walking through the gap that she created to her office. Not a single creature stirred from their beds inside the room.

“Looks like we’ll be VERY busy tomorrow night,” she seethed.

PreviousChapters Next