• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 5,590 Views, 263 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Equus - moviemaster8510



An aspiring duelist's life changes forever when the world of Equestria appears near Earth.

  • ...
61
 263
 5,590

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18: Stalling

Kyle had realized that he had overslept. The clock read 9:02. All he remembered from the night before was calling Rae on Skype and falling asleep afterwards. He also noted that he felt extremely well rested, like he had new life. He called his limo driver.

“Yes, please arrive at the Holiday Inn at quarter to nine. And fetch me breakfast while you’re out.”

“…”

“McDonalds steak bagel. Bye”

Kyle jumped into the shower quickly and put his shirt, pants, and blue trench coat on. By 9:14, he exited the lobby and found his limo with the driver holding the door with one hand and a McDonald’s bag in the other.

Kyle ate his breakfast along the drive. By the time he was done, he observed his deck, making sure all of his cards were in place for his hunting today. He’d face at least one Stone of Equus bearer today, but he wouldn’t need that many anyways to complete his task.

Because of the heavy traffic for the tournament, it wasn’t until 9:50 that he arrived at beach parking lot, where traffic was the least congested. He left the limo without a word and made his way to the wooden arched bridge. Before he could make his way, a person stood before him his face hidden by the shade of the trees.

“Listen,” barked Kyle, “I have someplace I need to be and-”

“Oh I’m sure of it,” said Claude, revealing himself fully.

“You,” remembered Kyle. “You were observing Alex and I’s duel yesterday. Either way, I have no time for you, so move.”

“But you see, I have plenty of time for you.” Claude took out his D-Pad tablet and graveyard/wrist dealer and constructed his duel disk, putting the finished product on his wrist. Kyle reached into his pockets for another orb to teleport him away from Claude, but found out that in his rush to leave the hotel, he forgot to grab some.

“Lose something?” asked Claude with a smile. Kyle disregarded him with a scowl.

“So you want to duel me?” questioned Kyle.

“The tournament match up is determined by lottery. If the declared duelist for the match isn’t on stage in one minute after being called up, they are immediately disqualified.”

“I have a three to one chance of being picked as the first match,” said Kyle. “Do you think that those odds are against my favor?”

“As long as there’s a chance of stopping you and whatever ambitions that you may have for stealing the Stone of Equus cards, then it’s a chance I’ll gladly take.” Claude unsheathed his duel disk.

“We’ll see,” said Kyle.

Kyle’s forearm lit itself on fire again, the blaze turning into his duel disk.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

From Equestria, the focus on the upcoming tournament was switched to Claude and Kyle’s location. Upon seeing Claude stand up to his foe, the ponies cheered on his hopeful success.

“Just what does he think he’s doing?” asked Princess Celestia to herself, watching from her personal chamber.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I need to run this duel out as long as possible, thought Claude. If I’m going to keep Kyle from being eligible to compete, I need to stall.

From the south side of the river, Lisa and Jenny, who were sitting with Sarah at the hill, ran north over the bridge to the parking lot.

“I can’t believe you forgot your pillow in the car,” said Lisa, “the tournament is going to start any minute. Do you even know where you parked it?”

“Calm yourself,” said Jenny. “It will only take a minute.” Jenny and Lisa eventually stopped when they saw Kyle and Claude standing amongst each other in the grassy area northwest of the bridge. Jenny recognized Kyle and Claude immediately.

“Oh crap,” Jenny muttered. Both she and Lisa ran back to warn their friends.

Completely oblivious to the two girls, Claude and Kyle drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” they both cried.

Kyle vs. Claude

Kyle’s Turn: Kyle activates Painful Choice, choosing five cards from his deck and having Claude choose one of them. Claude chooses Neo Flamvell Sabre. Kyle adds the other cards to the graveyard. Kyle activates Rekindling, special summoning as many FIRE attribute monsters with 200 DEF as possible, special summoning Flamvell Archer (ATK: 1000 DEF: 200), Laval Lancelord (ATK: 2200 DEF: 200), and Laval Volcano Handmaiden (ATK: 100 DEF: 200). Kyle tunes Laval Lancelord with Laval Volcano Handmaiden to synchro summon Laval Stennon (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1800).

When Laval Stennon is synchro summoned, Kyle must discard one card. When Laval Volcano Handmaiden is sent to the graveyard when a Laval monster with a different name is in the graveyard, Kyle can add one Laval monster from his deck to his graveyard. Kyle then normal summons Neo Flamvell Sabre (ATK: 1500 DEF: 200). Kyle tunes Neo Flamvell Sabre with Flamvell Archer to synchro summon Ancient Flamvell Deity (ATK: 2500 DEF: 200). Kyle overlays Ancient Flamvell Deity and Laval Stennon to xyz summon Olivine Dragon (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500).

Kyle places one card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

Lisa ran to the finalists while Jenny ran to Sarah and the other ponies in the crowd.

“What is it, Jenny?” asked Fluttershy.

“That black dude,” Jenny panted. “He’s fighting that guy in the blue coat.”

“Claude? Kyle?!?” gasped Fluttershy. She crawled into a fetal position on mention of the latter’s name. Jenny saw as Alex and the other finalists were led by Lisa to the place where Claude was dueling. Jenny and Sarah picked up Fluttershy.

“Let’s go!” Jenny called to her other friends. They all took Jenny’s lead and followed her.

***************************************************
Claude’s Turn: Claude summons Heroic Challenger – Night Watchman (ATK: 1200 DEF: 300). Claude then activates Double Summon, summoning Heroic Challenger – Spartan (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1000). Claude overlays Heroic Challenger – Night Watchman and Heroic Challenger – Spartas to xyz summon Heroic Champion – Excalibur (ATK: 2000 DEF: 2000).

Claude activates Heroic Champion – Excalibur’s effect. By detaching two xyz materials from it, Heroic Champion – Excalibur’s ATK becomes double its original ATK until his opponent’s end phase (ATK: 2000 -> 4000). Kyle activates Olivine Dragon’s effect. By detaching two xyz material from it when an xyz monster that his opponent controls activates its effect, Kyle can inflict damage to his opponent equal to the rank of the xyz monster x 200 (4 x 200 = 800).

Claude’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3200

Claude attacks Olivine Dragon with Heroic Champion – Excalibur, but Kyle activates Attack Invulnerability, preventing his monster’s destruction by battle. Battle damage is applied normally.

Kyle’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3000

Claude places three cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3200 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-3
***************************************************

Everyone arrived at the area. Alex took another glimpse of Kyle, causing him to clench his teeth at him, which only led Kyle to smirk.

“Guys?” called Claude upon seeing the bearers and the ponies. “What are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same thing,” responded Rainbow Dash.

“I’m buying some time,” said Claude, “so if they call Kyle’s name in the next five or so minutes, he’ll be too busy dueling me. Just go back in case they call up one of you.”

“No way, now how,” protested Applejack. “We’re going to be by your side ‘till the very end.”

“So stubborn,” growled Claude.

***************************************************
Kyle’s Turn: Claude activates his trap Battle Mania, forcing all of Kyle’s monsters to attack this turn if able. Kyle equips Olivine Dragon with Mist Body, preventing it from being destroyed by battle.

Kyle attacks Heroic Champion – Excalibur with Olivine Dragon. Heroic Champion – Excalibur’s ATK is higher than Olivine Dragon’s.

Kyle’s Life Points: 3000 -> 2000

Claude activates his trap Heroic Gift, increasing Kyle’s life points to 8000 when his life points are 2000 or less, and then Claude draws two cards.

Kyle’s Life Points: 2000 -> 8000

During Kyle’s end phase, Heroic Champion – Excalibur’s ATK returns to normal (ATK: 4000 -> 2000).

Kyle ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0
***************************************************

“What good was that for?” mocked Kyle. “Do you think you’re going to beat me now when I have 8000 life points? Only a novice such as yourself would think like that.”

“It doesn’t matter whether I win or lose,” said Claude. “All that matters is that if you’re stuck dueling me if they call your name, you will lose, which means I will have won. Don’t kid yourself Kyle Penn, until there are zero life points on me, I will not even think of letting you pass.”

Suddenly, a light erupted from Claude’s deck case. Everyone gasped at realizing what this meant. Claude took the glowing card from his case and observed it. He then put it against his forehead and closed his eyes.

“Thank you, Princess Celestia,” he whispered, “wherever you are.”

“This just got interesting,” commented Kyle.

Claude opened his eyes, which were now brimming with fury.

***************************************************
Claude’s Turn: Claude equips Heroic Champion – Excalibur with Xyz Jeweled Crown, turning its rank into a level (Rnk.: 4 -> Lvl.: 4). Also, the monster equipped with Xyz Jeweled Crown can be treated as two monsters for xyz summons. Claude summons Heroic Challenger – Extra Sword (ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000). Claude overlays Heroic Champion – Excalibur and Heroic Challenger – Extra Sword to xyz summon Ruby Phoenix (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1800). With Heroic Challenger – Extra Sword’s effect, when it is used in the xyz summoning of a monster, it gains 1000 ATK (ATK: 2600 -> 3600).

Claude attacks Olivine Dragon with Ruby Phoenix. Mist Body prevents Olivine Dragon from being destroyed, but battle damage is still applied.

Kyle’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7400

Claude places one card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3200 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

In Equestria, the ponies cheered at Claude’s new monster coming out to defend him. Celestia merely smiled at the turning tide of the battle.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Kyle now looked weakened by the attacks, much like he was in his battle with Alex. However, this time the injuries didn’t seem to phase him at all.

“Is that all?” asked Kyle insultingly. “I would have expected more from the bearers of the Stones of Equus.”

***************************************************
Kyle’s Turn: Kyle activates Graceful Charity, drawing three cards and discarding two. Kyle special summons Laval Burner from his hand, as he has three different Laval monsters in his graveyard (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1000). Kyle activates Gift of the Martyr, sending Laval Burner to the graveyard to increase the ATK of a monster he controls by the ATK of Laval Burner, choosing Olivine Dragon (ATK: 3000 -> 5100).

Kyle attacks Ruby Phoenix with Olivine Dragon, but Claude activates Ruby Phoenix’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it when it would be destroyed by battle or a card effect, it’s destruction is negated. Kyle activates Olivine Dragon’s effect, detaching one xyz material from it to inflict damage to his opponent equal to an opponent’s xyz monster’s rank times 200 (4 x 200 = 800).

Claude’s Life Points: 3200 -> 2400

Olivine Dragon’s attack hits Ruby Phoenix.

Claude’s Life Points: 2400 -> 900

Claude activates Damage Vaccine Ω MAX, gaining life points equal to damage that he took.

Claude’s Life Points: 900 -> 2400

Kyle sets one monster.

Kyle ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-7400 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0
***************************************************

“Lucky,” growled Kyle.

“Luck ain’t got nothing to do with it,” responded Claude. “Only pure skill.”

***************************************************
Claude’s Turn: Claude summons Heroic Challenger – Double Lance (ATK: 1700 DEF: 900).

Claude attacks Kyle’s face down monster with Heroic Challenger – Double Lance, which was a Morphing Jar (ATK: 700 DEF: 600). When Morphing Jar is flip summoned, all players discard their hands and draw five cards from their decks. Claude attacks Olivine Dragon with Ruby Phoenix.

Kyle’s Life Points: 7400 -> 6800

Claude activates Meteor of Destruction, inflicting 1000 points of damage to Kyle.

Kyle’s Life Points: 6800 -> 5800

Claude places two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-2400 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-3
***************************************************

“It’s 9:59!” said Alex. “You’ve got one more minute Kyle, and you’re possibly through.”

“No,” remarked Kyle. “Quite the opposite.”

***************************************************
Kyle’s Turn: Claude activates Dimension Trap, banishing a monster he controls (Heroic Challenger – Double Lance) to activate a trap card from his graveyard, choosing Battle Mania, forcing all of Kyle’s monsters to attack if able. Kyle activates Space Cyclone, detaching an xyz material from Ruby Phoenix. When Ruby Phoenix has no xyz materials attached to it, it’s destroyed.

Kyle attacks Claude directly with Olivine Dragon, but Claude activates Draining Shield, negating the attack and gaining life points equal to the attacking monster’s ATK.

Claude’s Life Points: 2400 -> 5400

Kyle sets one monster.

Kyle places two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-5800 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“Ladies and gentlemen!” called the announcer, making Kyle show his first signs of nervousness. “Welcome to the annual Riverwalk Competition Tournament. What’s this? None of the finalists are here? Well then, they have one minute after I call their names to get up here or they're finished. Let’s see here, our first matchup will be…”

Everyone listened intently.

“…Alexander Yuwell and Rainbow Dash!”

“What?” cried Claude. “No!”

Kyle let out a loud laugh.

“Look’s like you put in all of that effort for nothing.” He only continued to laugh.

“Dammit,” commented Alex. “Come on Rainbow Dash, let’s go.”

“What? What about Claude?”

“I’ve tried my hardest,” said Claude, “and I’ve failed. You have to carry my feelings with you now! Go you two. Win!”

Alex took a final look at Claude before Alex sprinted towards the dueling stage while Rainbow Dash flew close behind.

“Now,” said Claude, “I’m going to flat out crush you!”

***************************************************
Claude’s Turn: During Claude’s standby phase, when Ruby Phoenix was destroyed by its own effect, it can special summon itself from the graveyard, and when it does, he can reveal the top five cards of his deck. If any of the five cards are monster cards, he can attach them to Ruby Phoenix as xyz material and destroy any number of cards on the field equal to the amount of monsters attached. Of the five cards Claude looked at, two of them are monsters. Claude destroys Olivine Dragon and Kyle’s face down monster. Claude places the other cards that he saw to the top of his deck in any order.

Claude then activates Reinforcement of the Army, adding a level 4 or lower Warrior-type monster from his deck to his hand, choosing another Heroic Challenger Double Lance. Claude summons Heroic Challenger Double Lance. When Heroic Challenger Double Lance is normal summoned, Claude can special summon another Heroic Challenger Double Lance from his hand. Claude overlays both Heroic Challenger Double Lances to xyz summon another Heroic Champion – Excalibur. Claude activates Heroic Champion – Excalibur’s effect, detaching two xyz materials to have Heroic Champion – Excalibur’s ATK becomes double its original ATK until his opponent’s end phase (ATK: 2000 -> 4000).

Claude attacks Kyle directly with Heroic Champion – Excalibur.

Kyle’s Life Points: 5800 -> 1800

Claude then attacks Kyle directly with Ruby Phoenix, but Kyle activates his face down Poison of the Old Man, increasing his life points by 1200 before the attack hits.

Kyle’s Life Points: 1800 -> 3000

Kyle’s Life Points: 3000 -> 400

Claude places one card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-5400 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

Alright, thought Claude, I've got Shift and Heroic Revenge Sword on me. If Kyle tries to attack my Stone of Equus monster with something weak, I'll activate Shift to bring it to my vastly stronger Heroic Champion – Excalibur. If he somehow gets a monster with higher ATK than Heroic Champion – Excalibur's, I'll activate Heroic Revenge Sword and inflict some damage onto him. My plan is foolproof!

Kyle knew he had his only his face down to rely on now. Strangely, a feeling arose in him that made him know the outcome of the duel. That’s when he remembered Rae’s appearance to him last night, and vaguely what she did to him. A large smile suddenly appeared on Kyle’s face.

“This is your end,” he said sinisterly.

***************************************************
Kyle’s Turn: Kyle activates his face down Sixth Sense. A die is rolled. Kyle calls two numbers (5 and 6). If the result of the die roll is any of the declared numbers, Kyle draws cards in his hand equal to the amount rolled. The result is a 6. Kyle draws six cards. Kyle activates Forced Release, detaching all xyz materials from Ruby Phoenix. Ruby Phoenix is destroyed by its own effect.

Kyle then activates Final Destiny, discarding five cards to destroy all other cards on the field. Next, Kyle activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Olivine Dragon from his graveyard. Finally, Kyle equips Olivine Dragon with Megamorph, doubling its ATK when his life points are lower than his opponent’s (ATK: 3000 -> 6000).

Kyle attacks Claude directly with Olivine Dragon.

Claude’s Life Points: 5400 -> 0

Kyle wins.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Kyle’s attack was massive enough to knock the strong Claude out completely. Despite losing nearly 10000 life points this duel, he looked much stronger than he did after his duel with Alex. Kyle reached out his hand, which began to glow. Then, Claude’s deck case began to glow. Seconds later, Claude’s Ruby Phoenix materialized in Kyle’s hand. Everyone watching was stunned.

Kyle whipped his left arm to the side, causing his duel disk to disappear in a puff of flames. Kyle merely slipped the stolen card into his deck case and walked towards the bridge.

“I’ll see the rest of you later,” he calmly said to the group.

“Go to Hell!” yelled Twilight, shocking everyone with the use of that new word. “Did I say that right?” asked Twilight coyly.

“Yeah,” responded Reese. Kyle merely smirked.

“I’ll meet you all there,” he answered. He walked down the path and up the bridge.

Seeing the inevitability in facing Kyle now, Alex’s friends walked back to the hill to watch what happened between Alex and Rainbow Dash and await their own duel while Jenny stayed behind to call an ambulance.

PreviousChapters Next