• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 5,590 Views, 263 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Equus - moviemaster8510



An aspiring duelist's life changes forever when the world of Equestria appears near Earth.

  • ...
61
 263
 5,590

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 41: Rescue

“Alright,” explained Kyle to everyone in the living room of the Emmitt’s house, “Chrysalis had told you guys to meet up at the west side of Herrick Lake. Sarah and Jenny aren’t there; they’re just going to duel you with the sole intent of taking your Stones of Equus. If you want to save Sarah and Jenny, they are being kept in a barn south of the Danada House.”

“Oh,” exclaimed Reese, “I know where that is. Me parents had their wedding reception there.”

“Anyways,” said Kyle, “the barn is being guarded by Flim and Flam, while Grant and Gilda are inside with the two of them.”

“Both of them are Gauntlet Class,” commented Zelda.

“Right, which means that we need to send our best duelists in there. Seeing who won the Riverwalk championship, I obviously nominate Alex.”

“Of course I’m going,” spoke Alex. “No way I’m going to leave my family in there with them.”

“In that case,” said Tom, “I’m going in too.”

“What?” questioned Kyle. “Tom, Grant was able to take down two opponents by himself, and now he’s got another ally who can also take two enemies at a time. If we’re going to duel them, we need firepower, quite literally. That’s why I’m going.”

“Screw that! You may be the next best duelist among us, but that’s my sister in in there. If you want to hold me back from saving my own family, you can certainly try, but that’s a fight I know you won’t win.”

Kyle was surprisingly stunned at Tom’s fervor. From the little he remembered from watching Tom and Alex’s duel that one day, he certainly saw Tom as a strong opponent, albeit a bit reckless.

“Sorry,” said Kyle. “I saw your dueling that day. You aren’t going to beat Gilda or Grant by paying your life points to summon a bunch of monsters; they’re much smarter than that.”

Tom grit his teeth, seething over Kyle’s supposed superiority.

“I don’t care!” yelled Tom. “You want to fight for your family, and we’re letting you. Let me fight for mine.”

“Tom, I only want to make sure the rescue of your sister and her friend to be successful.”

“And I don’t? Kyle, my sister means the world to me. There’s no way I’d lose trying to save her. Rae herself could challenge me and I’d beat her if it meant saving my family.”

Kyle began to realize that he was fighting a losing battle. With a scoff, he addressed Tom again.

“Fine. You can go. But be warned. Gilda and Grant have cards that can easily defeat two duelists if they fought by themselves. If you want any chance of saving your family, you have to duel with the intensity of two duelists.”

“I’ll duel with the intensity of a hundred!”

“Very good. Prepare your decks and be ready. We leave tonight.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Alex, Tom, and Kyle rode down the street in their duel runners, the street being kept illuminated by the lights that lined the side of the road.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Alright,” said Tom, back at his house in Alex’s bedroom, “what’s the plan?”

“First,” said Kyle to Alex and Tom, “we enter the Danada House parking lot through the nature trail that passes under Naperville Rd.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

The three of them turned left at the entrance to the Forest Preserve building, turning off their lights so they wouldn’t be seen by the preserve authorities. They continued east until the asphalt turned to gravel, allowing them to enter the nature trail.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Next,” said Kyle, “you and Tom will hide under the bridge for the time being while I make sure the coast is clear.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Alex and Tom stopped their duel runners underneath Naperville Rd. while Kyle continued on. He rode his bike through the Danada House parking lot and continued through the path that would lead him to the barn, which were still guarded by the Flim-Flam brothers.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“What about those Flim-Flams?” asked Tom.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Kyle dismounted his bike and walked towards the barn, earning the attention of the two ponies.

“Why hello, Kyle,” said Flam, “lovely evening, isn’t it?”

Kyle stood in between both ponies.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Don’t worry,” said Kyle. “I’ll take care of them.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Kyle made a hard punch to Flim’s jaw, disorienting him. Flam was too shocked to comprehend what was happening, leaving Kyle enough time to clock Flam as well. Kyle then made another punch at Flim, knocking him out cold. Kyle then kicked Flam in the face, rendering him unconscious as well. Kyle then pulled a phone from his pocket.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“I’ll tell you when the coast is clear,” said Kyle.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“The coast is clear,” said Kyle on the phone.

“Thanks,” said Alex, hanging up. Alex and Tom rode their motorcycles up.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“What about you?” said Alex. “What will you do from there?”

“I’ll stick around in case Chrysalis or Trixie comes around when they learn about you finding Sarah and Lisa,” Kyle answered.

“No,” said Tom, “you’re going to come back here.”

“What? That’s ridiculous. Even if you manage to beat Gilda and Grant, you’ll only have Chrysalis and Trixie to deal with. This needs to be a ‘get in, get out’ mission.”

“And it will,” said Tom, “but if God forbid you lose to both Trixie and Chrysalis, you’ll be going back to Rae as a traitor. And seeing how you were her confidant and earliest comrade, she’ll probably do worse to you than she ever could to, let’s say, Zelda.”

“So all I’m doing is opening the door for you and then I leave?”

“Kyle. We need to keep you safe. If you want to save Rae, it certainly won’t help you if you’re dead after she lynches you.”

Kyle still looked uneasy.

“Kyle, you shouldn’t worry about me or Alex for that matter. We’re going to save them, no matter what.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Alex and Tom began to ride over to the barn, now putting their headlights on. They were both about fifty feet from the entrance. Kyle put his helmet back on and rode his duel runner away from the Danada House. Alex and Tom looked at each other before gripping their handlebars.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Alright,” said Kyle. “And thank you for considering me.”

“Hey,” said Tom, “what are friends for?”

“Right.”

“Alright!” cheered Alex. “Let’s do this!”

Alex, Tom, and Kyle bumped fists.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Alex and Tom twisted the right handlebar, accelerating the two forward at the barn.

Gilda and Grant saw bright lights shine through the cracks in the wooden door, accompanied by loud engine noises that grew louder as the lights grew brighter.

“What’s that noise?” asked Gilda.

She didn’t have to figure for long, as when the lights met their maximum brightness and the engines reached their maximum volume, Alex and Tom crashed through the doors, both shattering open as the bikes they rode on drifted to a halt.

“What the…” wondered Grant.

“Alright,” yelled Tom, taking off his helmet along with Alex, “whose ass do I have to kick for kidnapping my sister?”

“TOM!” yelled Sarah, who still hung from her bonds.

“It’s okay, Sarah! I’m here!”

“How did you find us?” yelled Gilda.

“Shot in the dark,” said Alex.

“No matter. It was a real dumb move on your part! Now we’re going to tear you apart limb by limb.”

“Screw you, you inbred bird!” yelled Jenny.

“Don’t worry,” said Gilda, turning to Jenny, “you’re not getting away scott-free here.”

Gilda snapped her talons, causing the two slabs Jenny and Sarah were bound to glow purple. Several rings then flew from them and towards Alex and Tom. The rings began to shrink and enter Tom and Alex through where their heart would be.

“What did you do?” asked Tom.

“Raising the stakes,” said Gilda. “Now, whenever you take damage, you two and your friends will feel the effects. In other words, I’d suggest taking as little damage as possible, unless of course you’d like to see your sister in pain.” Gilda giggled.

“You bitch,” grunted Tom.

“And don’t try leaving,” said Grant, his voice devoid of emotion. “If you try leaving here without there being an outcome to this duel, those rings that went into your body will stop your heart faster than Jason Statham in Crank.”

“You make it sound as if we would run away,” spoke Alex. “We aren’t leaving here without Sarah and Jenny!”

“That’s a shame,” said Gilda, “because we’re going to make sure you lame-o’s don’t leave here alive!”

A halo formed on both Gilda and Grant’s arm, each of them scanning their arms and bringing out their D-Pads. Alex and Tom assembled and equipped themselves with their own D-Pads, their zones sliding out from the tablet. All four players drew five cards from their decks.

Tom, thought Sarah, Alex. I know you can do it.

“DUEL!” all four duelists yelled.

Alex and Tom vs. Grant and Gilda

Alex’s Turn: Alex activates Foolish Burial, sending one monster card from his deck to his graveyard, choosing Dragunity Phalanx. Alex summons Dragunity Dux (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1000). When Dragunity Dux is normal summoned, Alex can equip a level 3 or lower Dragon-type Dragunity monster from his graveyard onto it, choosing Dragunity Phalanx. When Dragunity Phalanx is equipped to a monster from the graveyard, Alex can special summon Dragunity Phalanx from the spell/trap zone in defense position (ATK: 500 DEF: 1100).

Alex places two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“What?” asked Gilda angrily. “Why didn’t you synchro summon?”

“I’m not going to synchro summon just so you can nab my monsters with your Meklords' effects. I mean, I’m not that smart.”

“Why you little–”

“Calm yourself, Gilda,” said Grant. “We’ll take care of them in due time.”

***************************************************
Grant’s Turn: Grant summons Fabled Raven (ATK: 1300 DEF: 1000).

Grant places one card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

“Grant!” yelled Alex. “What happened to you?”

Grant looked blankly at Alex.

“Why are you on Rae’s side? What happened?”

“I was…” began to answer Grant, “…coerced.”

“No, really?” spoke Tom sarcastically.

“Not like that! I was forced to.”

“Enough talk!” yelled Gilda. “Your friends are looking very uncomfortable on those chains, and I’m sure they’d like to be saved sometime this week.”

Undaunted, Tom began his first move.

***************************************************
Tom’s Turn: Tom summons Gladiator Beast Equeste (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1200). Tom overlays Alex’s Dragunity Dux and Gladiator Beast Equeste to xyz summon Amber Minotaur (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1900). Tom activates Amber Minotaur’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, Tom can normal summon a monster again but without tributes, choosing Gladiator Beast Spartacus (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1600).

Tom places one card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

“Pfft,” exclaimed Gilda, “that’s nothing. Watch this!”

***************************************************
Gilda’s Turn: Gilda summons Ally of Justice Reverse Break (ATK: 1200 DEF: 1200). Since a LIGHT monster exists on the field (Fabled Raven), Ally of Justice Reverse Break is destroyed. Gilda then activates the effect of Meklord Emperor Granel from her hand, special summoning it from her hand when a monster she controls is destroyed by a card effect (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Meklord Emperor Granel’s ATK and DEF are equal to half of Gilda’s life points (ATK: 0 -> 4000, DEF: 0 -> 4000).

Gilda attacks Gladiator Beast Spartacus with Meklord Emperor Granel. Alex attempts to activate Waboku, but Grant activates his Trap Jammer, negating and destroying Waboku.

================================================================================

Tom didn’t know what to do. His duelist instincts were telling him to activate his trap and protect his monster, but he didn’t want to risk hurting Sarah or Jenny.

“Tom!” yelled Sarah, surprising her brother. “Just do it!”

With a heavy heart, Tom activated his trap.

================================================================================

The attack tries to go through, but Tom activates Attack Invulnerability, choosing its effect to prevent Gladiator Beast Spartacus’ destruction by battle. Damage is still applied.

Alex and Tom’s Life Points: 8000 -> 6200

================================================================================

Alex and Tom suddenly felt something squeeze at their heart, registering pain throughout their entire bodies. Alex and Tom knelt to the ground, succumbing to the pain.

“What is this?” asked Alex. “Is that what their rings were about?”

“Oh, wait!” butted in Gilda. “It gets better!”

Purple bolts of energy enveloped Sarah and Jenny, coating them in painful electrical shocks that left them screaming.

“SARAH!” screamed Tom, standing up along with Alex.

Eventually, the voltage stopped, giving Jenny and Sarah some time to breath. Tom looked back at them, the latter giving him an understanding nod.

“But the joke's on you!” yelled Tom.

================================================================================

At the end of the battle phase, when Gladiator Beast Spartacus was attacked, Tom can send Gladiator Beast Spartacus to the deck to special summon one Gladiator Beast monster from his deck, choosing Gladiator Beast Murmillo in defense position (ATK: 800 DEF: 400). When Gladiator Beast Murmillo is special summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast monster, Tom can destroy one face up monster on the field, choosing Meklord Emperor Granel.

Gilda activates the effect of Meklord Emperor Skiel from her hand, special summoning it when a monster she controls was destroyed by a card effect (ATK: 2200 DEF: 2200).

Gilda places two cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

Tom and Alex had not felt such a feeling like that before. Tom looked at the still-hanging Sarah, who was panting in pain from the effects of Gilda’s attack.

“You’re going to pay for that one!” grunted Tom.

“Ooh, big man!” taunted Gilda. “Get it? Because he’s a small fry!”

Gilda proceeded to laugh while Grant observed her with a lack of sympathy in his eyes.

“Tom!” yelled Sarah. “We can take the damage for you! Just duel like you normally would! We believe in you!”

“You shut your mouth!” remarked Gilda to her prisoners.

Tom looked about ready to walk to Gilda and punch her lights out, but was stopped upon seeing Alex’s had reach out.

“Don’t worry,” said Alex, “we’ll get them.”

Tom made a nod towards Alex, giving him the go-ahead.

***************************************************
Alex’s Turn: Alex summons Dragunity Militum (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1200). Alex then activates Hieratic Seal of Supremacy, allowing him to special summon a Hieratic Monster from his hand, choosing Hieratic Seal of the Dragon King (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Alex tunes Dragunity Militum with Dragunity Phalanx to synchro summon Dragunity Knight – Gae Bulg (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1100). Alex overlays Dragunity Knight – Gae Bulg and Hieratic Seal of the Dragon King to xyz summon Jade Wyvern (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2100).

Alex attacks Fabled Raven with Jade Wyvern, but Gilda activates Shift, switching the attack target to Meklord Emperor Skiel. Gilda then activates her own Attack Invulnerability, preventing her monster’s destruction by battle. Damage is still applied.

Grant and Gilda’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7700

Alex ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-6200 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

Grant emotionlessly continued his next turn without a hitch.

***************************************************
Grant’s Turn: Grant activates Fabled Raven’s effect, discarding a number of cards from his hand (3) and having Fabled Raven’s level increase by one and its ATK to increase by 400 for each card discarded (3 x 1 = 3, 3 x 400 = 1200) (Lvl.: 2 -> 3) (ATK: 1300 -> 2500).

Grant activates the effect of Sillva, Warlord of the Dark World and Goldd, Wu-Lord of the Dark World, respectively. When they have been discarded to the graveyard by a card effect, they are both special summoned onto the field (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1400) (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1400). Grant also activates the effect of Broww, Huntsman of the Dark World, drawing one card when it was discarded to the graveyard. Next, Grant activates Stop Defense, switching Gladiator Beast Murmillo into attack position.

Grant attacks Gladiator Beast Murmillo with Fabled Raven, but Alex activates Jade Wyvern’s effect. By detaching one xyz material, Alex can prevent the destruction of one monster on the field by battle until the end phase, choosing Gladiator Beast Murmillo. Battle damage is still applied.

Alex and Tom’s Life Points: 6200 -> 4500

Grant attacks Gladiator Beast Murmillo with Sillva, Warlord of the Dark World.

Alex and Tom’s Life Points: 4500 ->3000

Grant attacks Gladiator Beast Murmillo with Goldd, Wu-Lord of the Dark World.

Alex and Tom’s Life Points: 3000 -> 1500

At the end of the battle phase, when Gladiator Beast Murmillo was attacked, Tom can send it to the deck to special summon one Gladiator Beast monster from his deck, choosing Gladiator Beast Darius (ATK: 1700 DEF: 300). When Gladiator Beast Darius is special summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast monster, Tom can special summon a Gladiator Beast monster in his graveyard, though its effects are negated, choosing Gladiator Beast Equeste.

Grant overlays Fabled Raven, Sillva, Warlord of the Dark World, and Goldd, Wu-Lord of the Dark World to xyz summon Onyx Cerberus (ATK: 3300 DEF: 2900). Grant sets one monster.

Grant places one card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-7700 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

Sarah was weeping from the pain she was in while Jenny hyperventilated from the shock. Alex and Tom didn’t fare much better, both of them grasping their hearts as they continued to beat slower.

“That sure was a good hit,” said Gilda to Grant while looking at Tom. “I don’t think your poor old sister is going to last much longer at this rate!”

“Don’t kid with me!” yelled Tom. “My sister is more valuable to me than anything you could ever fight for! As long as she has hope in me, I’ll win this duel!”

“You tell her!” yelled Jenny laboriously through her pain. “Kick her ass.”

“One ass-kicking coming up!”

***************************************************
Tom’s Turn: Alex activates Trap Stun, negating the effects of all traps on the field this turn. Tom summons Gladiator Beast Laquari (ATK: 1800 DEF: 400). Tom then activates Amber Minotaur’s effect, detaching its last xyz material to normal summon again this turn without tributes, summoning Gladiator Beast Alexander (ATK: 2400 DEF: 600).

Tom overlays Gladiator Beast Laquari, Gladiator Beast Equeste, and Gladiator Beast Darius to xyz summon Number 32: Shark Drake (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2100). Tom then equips Amber Minotaur with Axe of Despair, increasing its ATK by 1000 (ATK: 2400 -> 3400).

Tom attacks Onyx Cerberus with Amber Minotaur.

Grant and Gilda’s Life Points: 7700 -> 7600

Tom attacks Meklord Emperor Skiel with Gladiator Beast Alexander.

Grant and Gilda’s Life Points: 7600 -> 7400

Tom then attacks Grant’s face down monster with Number 32: Shark Drake, which is a Morphing Jar (ATK: 700 DEF: 600). When Morphing Jar is flip summoned, each player discards their hands and draws five cards from their deck.

Tom activates Number 32: Shark Drake’s effect. By detaching one xyz material when it attacks and destroys a monster, Tom can special summon that monster in attack position, have it lose 1000 ATK (ATK: 700 -> 0), and Number 32: Shark Drake can attack again this battle phase. Tom attacks Morphing Jar with Number 32: Shark Drake.

Grant and Gilda’s Life Points: 7400 -> 4600

Tom places two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-1500 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

“You see?” yelled Tom. “Unlike you, I have something to fight and win for. What do you have? Your stupid little Stones? You’re nothing but a shallow, ruthless, freak of nature that could never be loved by someone!”

Strangely, that statement seemed to ring into Gilda’s head.

“Rainbow…” she whispered.

She suddenly bared her teeth harder than Tom or Alex could think possible.

“Now I’m making it my personal mission that you don’t leave here alive!”

***************************************************
Gilda’s Turn: Grant activates Xyz Reborn, special summoning Onyx Cerberus from his graveyard and attaching Xyz Reborn to it as xyz material. Gilda places one card face down. Gilda activates Dxyz, sending an xyz monster from the field to the extra deck and special summoning its xyz materials, sending Jade Wyvern to the extra deck to and special summoning Hieratic Dragon of Su. Gilda activates Ancient Rules, special summoning a level five or higher normal monster from her hand, choosing Ally of Justice Clausolas (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1200).

Gilda then activates Iron Call, special summoning a level 4 or lower Machine-type monster from her graveyard when she controls a Machine-type monster, although its effects are negated and its destroyed during the end phase, choosing Ally of Justice Tractor (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Gilda then normal summons Ally of Justice Cyclone Creator (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1200).

Gilda tunes Ally of Justice Tractor and Ally of Justice Clausolas with Ally of Justice Cyclone Creator to synchro summon Ally of Justice Decisive Armor (ATK: 3300 DEF: 3300). Gilda activates Ally of Justice Decisive Armor’s third effect. When her opponent controls a LIGHT monster, Gilda can discard her entire hand to look at her opponent’s hand and discard all LIGHT monsters from it and inflicting damage equal to the ATK of all discarded monsters. Alex discards one Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord. Since its ATK is 0, Alex takes no damage.

================================================================================

“Hmph,” said Alex. “Loser.”

Gilda was now staring right at Alex, her eyes red with anger.

================================================================================

Gilda attacks Hieratic Dragon of Su with Ally of Justice Decisive Armor.

Alex and Tom’s Life Points: 1500 -> 400

Gilda ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-4600 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

“You idiot!” scolded Grant. “Now his life points are below 500.”

“Big deal,” scoffed Gilda. “It’s not like he can summon his monster with his field as empty as it is.”

“And what makes you so sure about that?” asked Alex. “My hand just got replenished, and since you know that I have an Xyz Treasure in my hand, I’d say that be really bad for you.”

“Like you’d make something of it!” she yelled back.

“Let’s just see.”

Grant, thought Alex, please let this save you.

***************************************************
Alex’s Turn: Alex special summons Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit as he controls no monsters while his opponent controls one (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1400). Next, Alex overlays Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit and Gladiator Beast Alexander to xyz summon Jade Wyvern. Alex then activates Xyz Treasure, drawing cards from his deck equal to the number of xyz monsters on the field (4).

Alex activates Reload, adding his hand to his deck, shuffling it, and drawing cards equal to the number of cards he added to his deck. Alex activates Monster Reborn, special summoning a monster from a player’s graveyard, choosing Hieratic Dragon of Su. Grant activates Onyx Cerberus’ effect. By detaching its last xyz material from it, Grant can negate an opponent’s special summoning of a monster from the graveyard and remove that monster from play.

Alex activates Magical Stone Excavation, discarding two cards from his hand to add a spell card from his graveyard to his hand, choosing Monster Reborn. Alex activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Hieratic Seal of the Dragon King from his graveyard. Next, Alex normal summons Hieratic Dragon of Eset without tributes, making its ATK 1000 (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1200) (ATK: 1900 -> 1000).

Alex activates Hieratic Dragon of Eset’s effect, making the levels of all Hieratic monsters on the field the same as a Dragon-type normal monster that he controls, choosing Hieratic Seal of the Dragon King (Lvl.: 5 -> 6). Alex overlays Dragon of Eset and Hieratic Seal of the Dragon King to xyz summon Hieratic Dragon King of Atum (ATK: 2400 DEF: 2100). As his life points are below 500, Alex overlays Jade Wyvern and Hieratic Dragon King of Atum to xyz summon Shining Platinum Dragon (ATK: 3500 DEF: 2500).

Alex activates Shining Platinum Dragon’s effect. By detaching all xyz materials from it, Alex can reveal the top cards of his deck equal to the number of xyz materials detached, and Shining Platinum Dragon gains 500 ATK for each Dragon-type monster revealed by this effect (6). The cards revealed are Hieratic Dragon of Sutekh, Dragunity Pilum, Dragon Ravine, Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord, Dragunity Arma Mystletainn, and Dragunity Partisan (5 x 500 = 2500, ATK: 3500 -> 6000).

Alex attacks Onyx Cerberus with Shining Platinum Dragon. Gilda attempts to activate Magical Arm Shield, but Tom activates Trap Reborn, paying half of his life points to activate a trap card from his opponent’s graveyard, choosing Trap Jammer, negating and destroying Magical Arm Shield.

Alex and Tom’s Life Points: 400 -> 200

The attack goes through.

Grant and Gilda’s Life Points: 4600 -> 1900

During the end phase, Shining Platinum Dragon’s ATK returns to normal (ATK: 6000 -> 3500).

Alex places one card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1
***************************************************

Shining Platinum Dragon’s effect forced Grant onto his back on the ground, seemingly in a daze.

“Grant!” yelled Gilda running to his side. “Grant, what’s wrong?”

Grant then felt a prick in his heart, along with it an even more painful memory.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
................................................................................................................................................................
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Cont. from Gilda vs. Grant

Cont. from Gilda’s Turn: Gilda activates Creature Swap, switching control of her Onyx Cerberus (ATK: 3300 DEF: 2900) with Grant’s Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1800).
_________________________________________________________________________________________

With control of Onyx Cerberus his, Grant felt darkness completely override him, and it felt like his heart and his head were on fire. Grant writhed and squirmed on the ground, praying for it to end.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
................................................................................................................................................................
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Grant’s body blasted a dark purple aura which knocked Gilda away from him. Grant screamed as a dark force took over his body, weakly getting up to face his opponents, his head hung low.

“Grant!” yelled Alex. “What’s wrong?”

Grant’s screaming stopped, but he replaced it with an evil snicker.

“I’m fine,” he gleefully responded. He then then tilted his head up, revealing his smiling, maniacally contorted face. “I can’t say the same about you, though!”

“Oh my god!” muttered Alex.

“Now,” shouted Grant, “I want your dragon!”

***************************************************
Grant’s Turn: Grant activates Dark World Dealings, having each player draw one card and then discard one. When Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World is discarded to the graveyard by a card effect, he can destroy one card on the field, choosing Number 32: Shark Drake. Grant then summons Ceruli, Guru of Dark World (ATK: 100 DEF: 300).

Grant special summons Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World by returning a Dark World monster that he controls to the hand, choosing Ceruli, Guru of Dark World (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1800). Grant activates Gift of the Martyr, sending a monster on his side of the field to the graveyard to increase the ATK of another monster that by the ATK of the sent monster, sending Ally of Justice Decisive Armor to the graveyard to increase Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World’s ATK by its ATK (ATK: 2700 -> 6000).

Grant attacks Shining Platinum Dragon with Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World, but Alex activates Iron Resolve, paying half of his life points to negate the battle damage.

Alex and Tom’s Life Points: 200 -> 100

Grant equips Amber Minotaur with Cursed Chains of Malice, reducing its ATK to 0 (ATK: 2400 -> 0) and negating its effects. Also, Tom cannot declare an attack while that card is equipped to Amber Minotaur. Lastly, Tom will take 500 points of damage during each of his end phases.

Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World’s ATK returns to normal with Gift of the Martyr’s effect (ATK: 6000 -> 2700).

Grant places two cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-1900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2
***************************************************

Grant laughed at his opponent’s predicament. Sarah tried to squirm free, but to no avail. There was no way she was going to keep from watching her two brothers be killed by this madman. Gilda even seemed frightened by Grant’s presence.

“What’s up?” asked Grant with an inhumanly wide smile. “Let’s see you fight your way out of this one!”

What can I do? thought Tom, staring back at his weakened comrade. Alex’s monster is destroyed and I can’t fight back. What the hell I supposed to do now?

Tom’s tears fell to the ground, feeling the desperate possibility that his sister wouldn’t be saved.

“SARAH!” he yelled at the top of his lungs!

Suddenly, a blinding glow came from Tom’s extra deck. Both Gilda and Grant were stunned by what they were seeing.

“No,” muttered Grant. “Impossible!”

Tom felt like he knew what was coming; he felt a similar feeling whenever Alex summoned Shining Platinum Dragon. Tom then looked at his Amber Minotaur, who surprised him by turning to him, smiling, and winking. Tom was now certain of what was to come, as told by the confident smile on his face.

***************************************************
Tom’s Turn: Tom activates his own Trap Stun, negating the effects of trap cards until the end phase. Tom activates his own Monster Reborn, special summoning Number 32: Shark Drake from his graveyard. Tom then activates Overlay Regenerate, attaching it as xyz material onto Amber Minotaur.

================================================================================

Amber Minotaur transformed into a bright, orange, and whispy aura while Number 32: Shark Drake turned into a blue aura. Both of them flew into Tom’s right fist, which was now swirling with orange and blue. Tom raised his fist into the air.

“I construct an overlay network with Amber Minotaur and Number 32: Shark Drake! Xyz summon!”

Tom threw the ball of light into the ground, where it morphed into a larger minotaur with golden armor and a golden axe.

“Come forth! Shining Golden Minotaur!”

================================================================================

Since Tom’s life points are below 500, Tom overlays Amber Minotaur and Number 32: Shark Drake to xyz summon Shining Golden Minotaur (ATK: 3400 DEF: 2400).

Tom activates Shining Golden Minotaur’s effect. By detaching all xyz materials from it (3), Tom can inflict 400 points of damage for each xyz material detached from it when it inflicts battle damage to the opponent.

Tom attacks Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World with Shining Golden Minotaur.

Grant and Gilda’s Life Points: 1900 -> 1200

With Shining Golden Minotaur’s effect, 400 points are inflicted for each xyz material detached (3 x 4 = 1200).

Grant and Gilda’s Life Points: 1200 -> 0

Alex and Tom win.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Gilda and Grant were blasted in a barrage of sparks caused by Shining Golden Minotaur’s final effect. Gilda and Grant laid motionless on the ground, fully weakened by the duel’s end.

The sparks that erupted from Shining Golden Minotaur’s effect showered the opposing side. Upon the sparks touching the cuffs that held Sarah and Jenny in place, they disappeared, causing Sarah and Jenny to fall to the floor. Tom and Alex were prepared though, and they caught them before they could hit the ground. Sarah looked at Tom, and then over his shoulder at his new monster. She then began to weep once again and threw her arms around Tom’s back. Tom rubbed hers affectionately.

“It’s okay,” he cooed. “You’re safe now.”

Jenny was still strong enough to walk to Tom and hug him and Sarah as well. Alex looked over at the three of them happily as the monster faded from the area, the duel being over. Alex and Tom then heard something from Gilda, causing everyone to turn their heads.

“Yeah,” she grunted through a headset. “They’re here. Come quickly.”

Gilda then looked at the four humans and laughed at them. Unbeknownst to Alex and his friends, a changeling whizzed by the broken door outside of the barn.

“You’re finished now,” she giggled.

Alex, Tom, Sarah, and Jenny turned around to see dozens, and then about a hundred changelings begin to encircle the barn outside, trapping them once more.

PreviousChapters Next