• Published 27th Dec 2015
  • 13,197 Views, 222 Comments

You Did Something to Make Her Love You - MixA4



[EqG] When Rainbow Dash injures herself, you step in to help. As it turns out, your selflessness catches her eye..

  • ...
16
 222
 13,197

Friday

You Did Something to Make Her Love You
Chapter Five
By MixA4

Friday morning. Just four classes to knock out until you can veg out for a weekend and totally forget about school. Well, mostly forget about school. There's one particular girl who will likely be occupying your thoughts for a weekend.

As you trudge down the hallway, your attention is split between an article pulled up on your phone, and making sure you don't smack into a student.

....Authorities have been able to fully verify the existence of a force known as 'magic' within our universe; small traces of it can be found everywhere, from....

A noise catches your attention. The high speed clip-clap of shoes against a hard floor makes you spin around just in time to have Rainbow Dash tackle you with a big hug.

"Hi, Blu!" Rainbow Dash coos, her arms wrapped firmly around you with her face buried into your chest.

"Good morning to you too, Dash!" you say, steadying yourself. Rainbow Dash giggles, her grip is unfaltering.

"Are you ready for the weekend?" she asks, her face beaming. You notice that you're catching a few stares from other students.

"Oh yeah," You say. "Are you?"

"Totally!" her sheer enthusiasm alone is enough to drag a large smile out of you. Add in the fact that she's inches away from your face with her arms locked around your neck, and you can already feel yourself sharing in her excitement. "Do you have any plans for this weekend?"

"Well, I was going to try beating my television at a staring contest, so no." you chuckle at your own (very) dumb joke.

"That's good!" Dash says.

Wait, what? Doing nothing all weekend is a good thing? You cock an eyebrow.

"Er... I mean, that's not good," Dash recoils slightly. "B-but at least you're free to do stuff, right?"

"I'd guess so, though I'm not exactly great at planning out my weekends." you mentally start counting the weekends you've wasted this year alone just playing video games. Right then, the bell for first period rings.

"Aw, I gotta head to class." Dash mopes. "But I'll see you at lunch, right?"

"Of course." You reply. Dash smiles.

"Great! I'll see you later, Blu!" Dash gives you a squeeze and zips off to her first class, leaving you with the stares of several students. You merely crack a smile and head off to Geometry, a feeling a lightheartedness making you almost look forward to the class.

Almost.



Geometry seems even more monotonous than normal today, but thankfully passes swiftly. It might have been because you kept almost falling asleep halfway through the lecture. Either way, History comes next, which ranks slightly above Geometry in your personal 'Most Hated Classes' list. However, after hearing another drawl on the French Revolution, it too comes to a close. Time for lunch!

You take a spot in the remarkably small lunch line and survey the menu choices. Salads, pizza, and lasagna speckle lunch tables as you slowly get closer to picking out a lunch for yourself. You're almost to the front when someone places a hand on your shoulder.

"Hey, Blu?" You spin around and come face-to-face with Rainbow Dash. Figuratively, anyways. She outright refuses to look at you.

"Hey Dash, what's up?" You ask.

"Erm, nothing." She says, still avoiding any eye contact. "Could you, uh, follow me? I need to ask you something."

"Uh, yeah, sure." You say, reluctantly following Dash out of the line. She leads you out to the now deserted hallways. You can hear the clamour of a Canterlot High lunchtime echo through the halls, but otherwise everything is silent. With the much more effective lighting from the hallways, you can now clearly see Rainbow Dash, and it's much different than what you've seen before. She won't look at you even slightly, her face is completely red and flushed, she's fidgeting with her hands, and she's noticeably trembling. You immediately feel a sense of worry.

"Dash? Is everything alright?" You ask.

"Uh, yeah, yeah, everything's fine." She says, still avoiding your gaze. "But, I... Need to ask you something." You still can't get over her tremors. Is she sick? Did she injure herself again? Questions are running through your head faster than you can answer them.

"Yeah?" You reply, still deeply concerned.

"You, uh, you know what tomorrow is.. Right?" She asks.

"Yeah, it's Saturday, what's that got to do with anything?" You ask. Rainbow Dash takes a deep, quivering breath and forces herself to look right into your eyes. Her pupils are pinpoint, and you realize her face isn't flushed, instead she's blushing madly. She reaches into her pocket with twitching fingers and pulls out a shiny, glossy slip.

"Would you, um.. Would you like to go to the dance tomorrow? With... Me?" She asks. Suddenly, everything makes sense. The shaking, the blushing, she's in fight-or-flight mode.

And she's asking you out on a date.

"You're.... Asking me out?" You stutter, slightly in shock. You mentally slap yourself for asking such a stupid question. Rainbow Dash says nothing, she merely stands there; You can tell she's resisting the urge to turn away or run.

"Dash, I-I don't know what to say." Say recoils a bit, her eye twitches. "I'd love to go!"

It's like you flipped a switch in her head. Rainbow Dash instantly brightens up.

"You will?! Aw, yeah!" She squeals with delight. She throws her arms around you and pulls you into a big hug. "We're going to have the best time together, Blu! I just know it!" Once again, her sheer amount of excitability and energy goes right through. You begin laughing as you wrap your arms around Dash.



You and Rainbow Dash return to the cafeteria for lunch. To your dismay, the lunch line has grown about five times as large since you left, and you're stuck at the far end of it. Thankfully, Dash is right there beside you, still wearing the her big, adorable grin like she won the lottery. You finally get your lunch and head over to your new spot. You and Dash take your seats at her friends' table, although Dash is sitting considerably closer to you than normal.

"Where have you two been?" Applejack asks. Dash glances at you, still smiling widely.

"Waiting to get lunch." Rainbow Dash replies nonchalantly. Applejack raises an eyebrow, then smiles.

"Uh huh." She says. "Right."

"You spent that whole time just waiting for lunch? Lunch is almost over now, you hardly have any time to eat your food! If you really hurry, you can finish it before then end of lunch, but it might make your stomach hurt, like that one time I three batches of cupcakes in an hour. My stomach was achy for days!" Although you're learning to understand Pinkie a little better, her high-speed ramblings are still a lot for you to process.

"Don't worry, Pinkie." Dash says. "Lunch was well spent."

Well spent. Indeed it was.

You lost about seventy-five percent of your lunch break, but a date with Dash made it all worthwhile. Before you can leave the cafeteria for your next class, Dash stops you, ropes you into a hug, and kisses you on the cheek.

"I'll see you tomorrow night, Blu. I can't wait."

Author's Note:

Goddammit writing this chapter took considerably longer than normal. I had a massive load of things to do over the last two weeks, and this unfortunately got shunted to the bottom of my priorities list. I promise I will continue to update with faster times in between chapters. I hope you're all enjoying it so far. I may end up editing this chapter further, but for now I really want to put something out.