• Published 27th Dec 2015
  • 13,196 Views, 222 Comments

You Did Something to Make Her Love You - MixA4



[EqG] When Rainbow Dash injures herself, you step in to help. As it turns out, your selflessness catches her eye..

  • ...
16
 222
 13,196

Tuesday

You did Something to make Her Love You
Chapter Two
By MixA4

It's lunchtime at CHS, and you're doing what you normally do during lunch; camping off in a secluded corner of the cafeteria with a book and your lunch. Holding an interest in the medical field has always been something that alienated you from other students, especially when studying a book like 'Grey's Anatomy' can effectively make you look like a necrophiliac creep. You'll never forget the time Roseluck happened to look through your book, and began laughing as she showed the whole class the chapter on male genitalia.

The Aorta is the main trunk of a series of vessels which carry oxygenated blood to the tissues of the body for their nutrition..

"Hey, Blu!" A remarkably familiar voice calls. You peek up from your book to see Rainbow Dash with a lunch tray in hand. She's giving you the same dorky grin she gave you yesterday.

"Oh! Hey! Dash!" You say, swiftly forcing the large book into your backpack. "Erb, w-what's up?" You smile sheepishly, hoping she hadn't seen the large human heart image plastered on the cover. Dash giggles at your display.

"I just wanted to thank you again for everything you did yesterday."

"Oh, yeah, don't mention it," You say, relaxing slightly. "It was really nothing."

"It was hardly nothing," Rainbow Dash says. "You carried me home and back, that couldn't have been easy on you."

"Eh," You shrug it off. "I was happy to help." Rainbow Dash smiles.

"I was wondering," She begins. "You're over here eating by yourself, would you like to join my friends and I for lunch?"

"Er, your friends?"

"Yeah!" Rainbow Dash turns and waves to a table on the opposite side of the cafeteria. Five girls wave back, two of whom you recognize from other classes.

"Uh.." You hesitate. Normally people move away from you, not invite you to sit with their friends. You're unsure how to react.

"Come on," Rainbow Dash grins. "Don't sit here all alone, come meet my friends!"

"Alright?" You agree, still uncertain. You gather up your stuff and move to Rainbow's table, taking a seat across from Rainbow Dash and next to a girl with pink hair.

"Girls, this is Blu." Rainbow Dash introduces. You feel the stares of five different girls land on you.

"Uh, hey." You say, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible. This is a rare instance for you.

"These are my friends," Rainbow Dash begins. "That's Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Sunset Shimmer."

"I'm warning you right now, I will inevitably forget at least one of your names." You say. Sunset Shimmer (?) laughs.

"I didn't think we were all that forgettable." She jokes. You shrug.

"So Blu, right?" Applejack says. "What kinda classes are you taking this year?"

"I'm heavily involved with science courses." You reply. "With Doctor's Academy, they really want you focusing on core classes."

"Oh, Doctor's Academy, dear?" The purple haired one says. God dammit why can't they just wear name tags? "Are you studying to be a doctor?"

"Actually, I'd like to be a paramedic." You say.

"A Paramedic, huh?" Applejack says. "What do they do?" You flinch as the image of bloody car wreck manifests itself into your head. You do not want to bring up some of the more morbid aspects of the job, especially over lunch with Dash's friends.

"They respond to emergency calls and render care as needed." You say, selecting words carefully.

"Sounds exciting." Applejack replies.

"Well, there's rarely a dull day in the EMS, someone's always getting hurt."

"That's for sure." Dash mutters, almost inaudibly.

Right then, the bell for next class rings. You instinctively grab your backpack, which is unzipped and laying halfway open. Your massive book on anatomy falls out and skids over to the feet of Sunset Shimmer.

"What's this?" She picks it up and begins flipping through the pages. Your blood runs cold as memories of Roseluck's encounter fill your head.

Fuck.

"Uhh, it's a book on human anatomy, I really wouldn't recommend reading that." You say, praying to God she hadn't opened to the structure of the reproductive system or some other page with off-putting content. Her eyes widen a bit, making a pit form in your stomach. You go to take the book back and see she's open on the page of the heart. You pause, waiting for her reaction.

"Huh, so that's how it works." She says.

Wait, what? Has this girl never learned about how the human heart works? It's basic science, is she from another dimension or something?

"Can I borrow this?" She asks. You're at a loss for words.

"Uh, yeah, sure," You say. "But do be aware it's about human anatomy, as in all human anatomy, do you catch my drift?"

"Yeah, that's why I want it!" She says, flipping through the pages a bit more.

"Uh, okay.. Just bring it back by Thursday, I need it for a test." You say.

Huh, maybe there's some maturity here after all.

With that, you start off to your next class. You lament when you realize it's Gym.





"Why is Gym class still a thing." You mutter. You've never been particularly good at Gym class. While not the worst, you were often overshadowed by those with far more superior skills.

"Alright, class." The gym teacher announces. He holds a red dodgeball under his arm. "Today we're going to do something a little different, and I think you're going to like it."

"Dodgeball?" One student suggests rather sarcastically.

"Yes," The teacher replies.

How is that any different than normal? Dodgeball is practically it's own sport here at CHS. Games will will sometimes replace Gym Class entirely.

"But, there's a catch."

Oh?

"Today, it's going to be a massive showdown between our class and the Advanced PE class." He says. "I know some of you don't want to play, but know that I will be watching, and it is a part of your grade.

"Dodgeball against APE, this should be interesting, if not just a little bloody." You mutter.

Advanced PE had a reputation for training CHS's athletes; all students in any form of sports were required to take the class over the stock PE class. As such, it was almost entirely populated with the hardcore Jocks of CHS.

The gym is set up for the game, and moments later, the APE students walk in. They have a smug look about them, and an air of pride follows them around like a bad cologne.

"Alright, the rules are simple!" The teacher calls out. "If you get hit, you're out! If you catch a ball that has not bounced, the thrower is out and the catcher can bring one person back in! You can use a ball to deflect another, but if a deflection makes you drop the ball, you are out! PE class, you need to actually play to get credit for today! Good luck, and have fun!"

With that, the two classes split up, each taking sides of the court. While your PE class outnumbers the APE class over two-to-one, they're much stronger and considerably faster. You look through the sea of faces, recognizing a few of them from sports photos going around the school, and that's when you see her. Rainbow Dash, on the opposite team, with a compression bandage around her ankle, a competitive grin, and eyes locked right onto you!

You wave nervously. She gives you a toothy grin and waves back.

This is going to hurt.

Red dodgeballs are set in the center of the room and both classes take their places at the opposite walls.

"Get ready!" A pinch of adrenaline begins running through your system.

"Set!"

Fweeeeeeeeep! The sound of a whistle rings out through the gym, signalling the start of the game. In seconds, the gymnasium descends into total anarchy. Students scramble to get a ball, others hang back trying to avoid becoming easy targets, it's absolute insanity. Within moments, half of your PE class has been cut down, with a mere seven out on the APE team. You're lucky enough to still be in, but that's about to change as you see Rainbow Dash holding a ball, her gaze locked on to you like a missile system.

This is really going to hurt.

Rainbow Dash winds up, her eyes never stop tracking you. You turn and start putting students between you and Dash, using them as a form of meat shield, but it doesn't stop Dash. She throws the ball with precision accuracy, drilling you clean in the right shoulder.

"I'm hit, I'm hit!" You say, throwing your hands up defensively. You go to take a seat on the bleachers, waiting for some to tag you in, or for the game to end. Whichever comes first. Your gaze lands back on Rainbow Dash, and you find that she's actually quite a decent player. Despite having to limp around on a dead leg, she's still mobile- and strong enough, to put up a significant fight.

She looks in your direction and catches you watching her. She flashes a smile, then like something straight out of a movie, she stops one ball, uses it to deflect another incoming ball, then throws it, hitting another student out, all in the span of under three seconds!

Holy hell, she means business!

"Jay, get in there, you're up!" The gym teacher calls. You reluctantly head back out, but get struck out by Dash before you've taken three steps on the court. You give her an annoyed expression. She waves at you in a taunting manner.

You sit back down on the bleachers and continue to watch Dash play. She continously glances up at you, as if to keep checking for your attention. Finally, someone throws a ball that's lucky enough to brush her bum knee.

"Lucky shot!" She calls before heading up to the bleachers. She does not hesitate to sit down right next to you.

"Fun game, huh?" She asks. You grin.

"I wouldn't know, I've spent half of the match on my ass because of you." Dash giggles.

"Well, maybe next time I'll go easy on you."

"Maybe?"

"Yeah, maaaybe. I can't let you ruin my good reputation, you know."

"Right." You reply sarcastically. The compression bandage around her ankle catches your attention. "I gotta know, why in the world are you playing with a dead leg? Aren't you in any pain?"

"Yeah, my foot's still a bit sore," She says, rubbing the bandage. "But I love dodgeball, and when I saw you playing, I knew I had to be a part of it." She places emphasis on 'you', you can't help but smile like a fool.

"But wait, the coach is just fine with it? Isn't she worried you'd do more damage to the injury?"

"I told her I could still play, she doesn't really care what you do as long as it isn't directly hurting someone."

"Yeah, well, she didn't see the extent of the injury yesterday." You say. "Just please be careful Dash, I don't want you hurting yourself any more."

"I'm always careful." She replies.

That's how she messed up her ankle in the first place, being 'careful'.

"Oh, hey, you're up!" Dash points to someone calling you in.

"Without you in there to instantly tag me out, I might actually get someone!" Dash laughs.

You step out onto the court; Currently APE outnumbers your class five to three.

Then, without warning, you have no backup. In the blink of an eye, the only other students on your team have been tagged out, leaving you against five huge athletes.

You glance over at Rainbow Dash, she's watching you intently. Feeling her gaze on you causes adrenaline to flood your system. Your heart begins pounding in your chest, your breathing becomes erratic, your hands begin to twitch with anticipation. The entire APE team focuses their attention on you, feeling as though they have this game won.

Huh, so this is what it's like to stand in front of a firing squad.

One athlete winds up and hurls a ball at you with deadly accuracy. Before you can even process what's happening, you spontaneously dodge to the left, feeling the wind from the ball brush your side. Another student flings a ball at you, forcing you to duck out of the way. A third ball forces you into a prone position, and another makes you log roll to the side.

Jesus Christ, it's like you're moving through time itself!

The last APE student steps forward, ball in hand, and you recognize him as the pitcher for the Wondercolts Baseball team. Time seems to slow down as he winds up a devastating throw, intended to knock you clean out of the game. Out of evasive moves and still on the ground, you instinctively throw up your hands to protect your face.

THWACK!!! Your hands explode into stinging pain. When you open your eyes, you see a red ball at a dead stop, inches away from your face.

You caught the ball.

"You're out!" The gym teacher calls to the pitcher. Your PE class erupts with cheers as the pitcher trades places with a PE student, shock still very apparent on his face. You glance at Rainbow Dash once more, and see her cheering for the victory. Your victory.

With intense amounts of adrenaline and an extra player on your team, you manage to knock out two more of the APE team and bring back one more of your own before you're inevitably thrown out once more. Heading back to the bleachers, you take your place next to Dash. She's positively ecstatic over your success.

"That was SO AWESOME!" Rainbow Dash exclaims. "I've never seen anyone move like that before!" You wipe a bead of sweat from your eyes, still coming off of the massive adrenaline high.

"I don't even know how that happened." You mutter, looking at your reddened hands.

Just then, Rainbow Dash is called back to the court.

"Wish me luck!" She exclaims, limping down the bleachers.

"I really don't think you need it!" You call. The game goes on for a few more moments before you're called back into the game for a third time. It's two against a lone Rainbow Dash as you descend down the side of the bleachers. When Rainbow sees you coming back into the game, however, she instantly catches one ball, and uses it to throw out the other student.

It's only you and her now.

With a ball in hand, Rainbow Dash gives you a big, sweetly devilish grin.

You're fucked.

You pick up a ball, although you're fairly certain it will do nothing to help you at this point. Rainbow winds up, and hurls the ball at you with lethal power. You attempt to deflect the ball, but the sheer force alone sends your ball flying out of your hands.

You lose.

"Rainbow Dash from APE wins!" The gym teacher announces.

"YEAH!" Rainbow Dash cheers, throwing her hands up in the air victoriously. You watch her flaunt about for a bit. Despite the loss, you feel slightly amused at her display. She runs up to you, grinning ear to ear.

"Good game, Blu!" She sticks her hand out to you.

"Yeah, good game." You reply, meeting her handshake.

"That was awesome! We should do stuff like this more often!"

"Yeah, maybe one of these days I'll throw you out." You smirk.

"Maybe." Dash says playfully. "Just maybe."




The class is dismissed and you head off to your final class. As you leave the locker rooms, you spot Dash on the way out giving you a sweet smile and a wave. You wave back and finish off your day.

Author's Note:

This is definitely one of my weaker chapters, if not the weakest. There were some parts that had me stumped for almost an hour before I could figure out what to write. Either way, more is coming soon, and I genuinely hope you're enjoying the fic.