• Published 6th Jun 2012
  • 10,051 Views, 355 Comments

Lightning Strikes - Kail



An abandoned changeling and a lonely filly. Can they help each other?

  • ...
25
 355
 10,051

The Hive

The hive was bustling with activity. Messengers flew to and from it carrying news of the battles across Equestria or sending out orders to the field. Chrysalis allowed her commanders to handle most of the work as she contemplated the next grand move she’d make.

As the queen was deep in thought a siege drone walked into the throne room carrying something on his back.

The drone stopped and saluted. “My queen I have news from Ponyville.”

Chrysalis turned her attention to him while raising a brow. “The town has been destroyed then?”

The drone hesitated. “Well... no. It hasn’t.”

Chrysalis moved herself from her reclined position to stare at the drone. Her eyes bored into him as the drone continued.

“Almost the entire force that was sent there was captured. Only myself and a few others escaped.”

Hearing this the queen stood and walked to stand directly in front of the drone. “You mean to tell me that the bulk of a three cell attack force was captured and a small town of non trained ponies did this?”

The drone chuckled nervously. “Not... exactly. The only resistance was from the elements of harmony and the traitor.”

The queens eyes narrowed. “Seven? Seven insignificant little whelps fought and captured the forces I sent to obliterate that town?”

The drone nodded and the queen continued. “Then tell me why I shouldn’t punish you for failing me.”

The drone perked up as the queen spoke and removed the object he’d been carrying from his back.

Chrysalis turned her eyes to the object and noticed it was an unconscious filly. She had an orange coat and a purple mane. “What is this?”

The drone smiled. “Our commander learned that the traitor was acting as a mother to this filly and charged me with finding and taking her.”

The queen smiled as well. “And now we can bring that traitor and her friends right to us. Come.”

Chrysalis began to walk away as the drone gathered up Scootaloo and followed the queen. When they reached the war room the noise died down as the queen spoke.

“Commanders, there has been a change in plans. We will bring the enemy to us and crush them on our terms.”

The queen turned to one of her commanders. “How many ponies have been captured and how goes the defense of the occupied areas?”

The addressed changeling stood at attention. “We have an estimated one hundred thousand ponies captured and in cocoons ready to be fed from. As for the battles, we are defending what territories we have and are losing ground in the areas we are trying to obtain.”

Chrysalis turned from the commander to a scout drone. “Go gather a group of scouts and deliver a mass exodus order to all field changelings. I want them to take all the captured Equestrians and return to the hive.”

One of the gathered commanders rose brow in confusion. “Are we abandoning Equestria my queen.”

Chrysalis chuckled. “Not at all Mandis. As I said we will bring our enemy to us.”

Mandis still looked confused. “But if we retreat won’t the ponies regroup?”

The queen smirked. “No. These ponies are very loyal to their own and will quickly try to rescue those we’ve captured. Once we lure them here we can easily overpower them.”

The commanders nodded but one spoke out. “What of our captured forces?”

Chrysalis turned to the female commander. “You speak of your sister don’t you Vex?”

Vex nodded. “Shiv has been a loyal member of the hive. Should we not assist her as well as others?”

The queens eyes were cold as she stared at each commander in turn. “Know this my subjects. I will tolerate no weakness in my hive. I will cut out any weakness as a cancer that can only weaken us.”

Vexs eyes widened. “You’d cut them from the hive? They could die! And even if they survived where are they to go?”

The cold venom colored eyes of the changeling matriarch fell on Vex. “You question me, your queen, and you show compassion for a failure. Shiv may have been your sister but first she is part of the Hive and the hive can’t be weak. Do I make myself clear?”

Vex held her queens gaze for a moment before lowering her head. “Yes my queen.”

Chrysalis nodded. “Good. Now send the word and get the hive battle ready.”

As the commanders left to rally their forces and the scouts flew away to deliver messages the queen turned to the drone that carried Scootaloo. “Give the filly to me.”

The drone did as instructed but tilted his head. “What do you intend for her my queen?”

The changeling matriarch chuckled. “I’m going to stick her in a corner and wait for that traitor to come right to me. Then I’ll crush her.”

Chrysalis strode to her throne room where she secured Scootaloo to a wall via the sticky secretion all of her kind could produce. Once that was taken care of the changeling queen returned to her throne.

Leaning her head on a holed hoof the queen smiled. Don’t keep me waiting.
===========================================================

In Ponyville things were relatively quiet. The towns folk had emerged from their basements and began aiding the seven ponies in fixing the town.

Lightning had resumed her disguise and was working to repair a hole in the roof of Sugarcube Corner. She was working to try and take her mind of the intense need she felt to find Scootaloo but it wasn’t working.

The changeling was seething on the inside even as she appeared calm to those around her. She’d agreed to wait and do things the way her friends wanted but as soon as she found the hive all bets were off.

After repairing the hole Lightning and Pinkie started heading back to Twilight to see if Spike had been able to contact the princess.

As the pair walked Pinkie spoke up. “Lightning are you ok?”

Lightning glanced at the pink mare but kept her focus in front of her. “Yeah, why?”

Pinkie sighed. “I can tell you’re mad.”

The changelings eyes flicked to Pinkie again. “Of course I’m mad.”
Gritting her teeth Lightning continued. “I let them get Scootaloo and I have no idea where she is right now.”

Pinkie nodded but said nothing. The party pony just had no way to help her friend right now.

The pair made it to Twilight but before anything could be said the changelings in the bubble started acting strange. Some were looking in every direction like they were confused while others gripped their heads in pain.

Twilight rose a brow. “What’s going on? This spell shouldn’t be affecting them at all.”

Lightning flew up to the bubble for a closer look and her eyes widened. She turned to Twilight. “Drop the spell!”

Trusting her friends judgement Twilight lowered the bubble before letting the spell fall. When the changelings were free none of them flew away. The ones who’d appeared confused sat where they landed looking lost while the ones who were in pain continued to writhe because of some unseen force.

Lightning walked through the changelings looking for Shiv. When she found the commander Shiv was gripping her head and breathing hard.

“Shiv what’s going on?”

The commanders eyes opened and she lurched forward to grab onto Lightning. “What’d you do!? I can’t hear it anymore!”

Lightning held the commander at arms length. “What can’t you hear?”

Shiv twitched in pain before turning her glazed eyes to Lightning. “The hive, It’s gone! I can’t hear it, can’t sense it. I..I...”

Lightning watched as her commander as well as the other changelings slowly came to realize what had happened. They’d been cut from the hive. Lightning felt Shiv fall forward like a puppet cut from it’s strings.

Shiv spoke, muffled by the fur of Lightnings chest. “I’ve been thrown away. I’m alone. Why?”

Lightning used a hoof to move her former allis face up to look into her eyes. She noticed Shivs eyes were even more glazed and unfocused. I should let the shock kill her. I should let them all just wither away.

Even as Lightning thought this a sour feeling settled in her gut and she sighed. Curse this newfound morality of mine.

The rose coated mare turned her head to look at Twilight. “Get some unicorns and have them use an anesthetic spell on these guys.”

Twilight opened her mouth to question Lightning but the changeling just shook her head. “Not now Twi. I’ll tell you when this is handled.”

The lavender unicorn nodded and went around to the towns folk to get more unicorns.

When Twilight was gone Lightning turned her attention back to Shiv. The commanders breathing was labored and her eyes had lost more focus. “Shiv listen to me. The hive isn’t what keeps you alive.”

Shivs eyes turned to Lightning and she struggled to speak. “This... coming from a... traitor.”

Lightning shook her head. “Well I’m still alive and you’re just going to die so I’ll gladly be a traitor if it means life.”

Shivs eyes seemed to gain some light back as she growled in anger. “You.. have no loyalty. You’re a disgrace.”

Lightning smirked and stood, moving a few paces from her former commander. “At least I can stand on my own. I don’t need the hive for that.”

The commander growled again. “You think I’m weak?”

Lightnings smirk widened. “Prove you’re not.”

Shiv quivered in anger as she struggled to stand. The former commander grunted as she brought herself onto her shaky legs and tried to walk to Lightning.

Lightning kept smirking. That’s it. Come get me.

Shiv inched forward and made her way to stand in front of Lightning. “I’m... not weak.”

Lightning chuckled. “No. I guess you’re not.”

The pseudo pegasus turned to walk towards Twilight who’d just returned with a few other unicorns. Shiv trailed behind Lightning.

Twilight rose a brow at Lightning and Shiv before asking what to do. “So Lightning, you want to let me in on what’s going on?”

Lightning turned her head to the group of changelings. “They’ve been cut off from the hive and some are going into fatal shock. I want you to use an anesthetic spell to lower the impact to their systems so they don’t die.”

Twilight nodded as one of the other unicorns stepped forward. “Why should we help them? They’re just monsters.”

Lightning turned to the unicorn. “Because.” She paused and dropped her disguise. “I’m one of them.”

The unicorn and a few other ponies gasped. Twilight had a worried expression before Lightning waved her off. “Don’t worry just help them.”

When Twilight nodded Lightning started moving forward again. She could hearTwilight giving instructions as well as the murmurs of the other ponies arond her.

“She’s one of them?”

“Did she lead that big group here?”

“Isn’t she that new pegasus Lightning?”

Lightning ignored the voices of the ponies around her and continued to walk. When she arrived at a relatively deserted street she turned around to see shiv still following her.

“So what’ll you do now Shiv?”

Shiv looked away. “I... don’t know. I’ve been cut from the hive. The only thing in my head are my own thoughts and those are scattered”

Lightning shook her head. “Do what you want or do nothing. Living for yourself isn't so bad.”

Shiv sighed. “The hive is two hundred miles west of Appaloosa. It’s in the natural caves in the rocks of a canyon.”

Lightning rose a brow but her former commander continued. “You saved my life so I’m doing something in return. I won’t help you any more then that.”

Lightning chuckled. “Thanks.”

Shiv turned away. “Goodbye...Lightning.” The commander flapped her wings and flew off in a random direction.

As Shiv flew out of sight Lightning started back towards Twilight, remembering that she still needed to ask if the princess was coming.
===========================================================

Twilight had told her group of unicorns how to administer the anesthetic spell and everything was going well on that end but something was worrying her. Lightning had revealed herself as a changeling and now the other ponies were sreading the news around that they could have had changelings living with them who had lead the attacking force to their town.

The lavender unicorn was unsure of what would happen now that Lightnings secret was out but she hoped that the outcome would be positive.

As Twilight was thinking about what would happen to Lightning she noticed the voices of the ponies around her silenced. Turning her head she saw Lightning making her way towards the unicorn.

Lightning looked around before addressing Twilight. “So everything go ok?”

Twilight nodded. “Yes. When the spell took effect it counteracted the shock they felt from being cut off I suppose. How does that even work?”

Lightning turned to look at the changelings on the ground as she spoke. “We changelings share a sort of hive mind. When we’re connected we can sense each other and it makes us stronger. At least that’s what Chrysalis says. I think now it’s just something she uses to control us.”

Twilight became confused. “Control? How? Can she influence your thoughts?”

Lightning turned her attention to the unicorn. “No I think it's more subtle then that. It's like we almost need to follow her commands. We have some freedom but not much. Chrysalis also hangs the threat of cutting us off if we're weak. I think the hive is so much a part of us it can kill us when we've been cut off.”

Twilight nodded but still rose a brow at Lightning. “Then what about you?”

The changeling smiled. “I was knocked out by the shield blast for a while. If I were conscious it would have been touch and go. And besides that I didn’t want to die just because I was thrown away. I think that’s why some of the ones I’ve seen cut off before didn’t die right away. They wanted to live.”

Lightnings head lowered. “But once they left the hive they couldn’t live anywhere long because eventually they were revealed to be a changeling and that never goes over well with the people you’ve been stealing emotions from.”

Twilight said nothing. She knew what Lightning meant. When the changelings were found out they were either run off and starved or they were killed. Twilight sighed. There’s got to be a way to co exist with the changelings. The question is how to get others to accept them.

Before the lavender unicorn could ponder this further her changeling friend spoke again. “Anyway did Spike manage to get a message through?”

Twilight nodded. “Yes. I guess the messaging crystal was fixed because Celestia said to expect her here within the next few hours.”

Lightning nodded. “Good. Because Shiv just told me where the hive is.”

Twilights eyes narrowed. “Don’t do anything crazy on your own.”

The changeling smirked. “Hey I said we’d get to the hive your way but when I get in there I’m gonna go ballistic till I find Scootaloo. Ok?”

Twilight sighed. “Fine. Just come back in one piece. I’d hate to lose a friend I’ve only just made.”

Lightnings smirk changed to a smile. “Sure. So you want me to get the others and head over to the library to wait for Princess Celestia?”

Getting a nod from her friend Lightning flew of to find her friends. All the while one thought stayed in her mind. Watch out Chrysalis. I’m coming for a visit.
===========================================================

An hour later all the element bearers plus Lightning were sitting in the library. Just when a few of them were getting to impatient to sit still a golden flash appeared in the center of the room. When it faded the rulers of Equestria were standing in the room.

Luna was the first to speak. “I’m glad to see no harm came to you six. My sister told me that the situation was quite dire but I should have known you would come out the victors.”

Twilight smiled. “Thank you Luna but we wouldn’t have known about any of this without the help of our friend Lightning.” The unicorn lifted a hoof to point at the changeling.

Luna rose a brow as she approached Lightning. “You helped beat back this attack.”

Lightning nodded. “Yeah.”

Luna smiled. “Well for whatever reason you have for doing so I thank you for what you’ve done.”

Lightning wasn’t sure what to say so she only nodded with a small smile.

Celestia stepped forward. “While I am glad no one was hurt I think we should save the pleasantries for later. We have a problem that needs to be addressed.”

Applejack tilted her head. “What problem would that be?”

The alicorn sat at the table with the others. “We need to find the hive and attack it.”

Lightning looked to the princess in confusion. “I thought you were all about peace and just getting the changelings out of here.”

The princess turned her head to Lightning. “Normally I would be but we have reports that the changelings are regrouping at their hive and have taken thousands of ponies hostage.”

The ponies gasped while Lightning thumped a hoof on the table in frustration. “She’s leading us into a fight on her own turf.”

Celestia rose a brow. “Excuse me?”

Lightning sighed. “You ponies are very loyal and Chrysalis is using that against you. She knows you’ll come after the hostages and she's getting ready for you.”

Fluttershy rose a hoof. “Well if we know what’s going on why don’t we just use it to our advantage.”

Celestia shook her head. “I don’t know that we can as long as we don’t know where the hive is.”

Lightning grinned. “I know where it is.”

Twilight nodded. “She does. One of the changelings told her.”

Celestia eyed Lightning. “Very well then. My guards wil keep an eye on the changelings here. Luna please teleport Twilight and her friends to Canterlot to prepare for our offense on the hive. I need to speak to Lightning alone.”

Luna nodded and with a flash of dark blue magic only Celestia and Lightning were left in the library.

Celestia stood and faced the changeling. “I’ll be blunt, I don’t know if I can trust you. Not even with Twilight speaking in your defense. So I only want to ask one thing. Why should I trust you?”

Lightning closed her eyes in thought. After a few moments the changeling spoke. “When I came to Equestria it was to do what I always did. Survive. I would have taken the emotions of ponies until nothing was left. But after I was cut from the hive I met a little filly, Scootaloo. She was alone like I was so I offered to act as her mother.”

Lightnings eyes narrowed as she spoke. “I care about her like I truly am her mother and she was stolen from me. I know she’s at the hive and I’ll do anything to get her back.”

Lightning fluttered her wings to take her to face level with the white alicorn. “Honestly I don’t care if you trust me but you can trust that I’ll do anything to get my daughter back. Satisfied?”

Celestia stared into the ice blue eyes of the changeling. The alicorn saw the determination in Lightnings eyes that assured her that this mother would stop at nothing to get her daughter back.

Celestia smiled. “That’s all I need to hear. So where is the hive?”
===========================================================

Scootaloo groggily opened her eyes. The room she was in was lit by what looked like glowing green crystals. This confused the little filly so she tried to move around to get a better look at her surroundings but found herself stuck in something.

Scootaloo felt the slightly stickiness of whatever covered her and groaned. “Aww man don’t tell me I’m covered in tree sap again.”

The little pegasus looked down at herself and was surprised to find herself covered in a green substance. Scootaloo was as confused as ever until she heard a voice fro across the room.

“Ah so you’re awake.”

Scootaloo whipped her head to the source of the voice and gasped as she saw who it was. Walking towards her was the changeling queen herself.

Chrysalis advanced until she was standing in front of the filly. “Now what should I do with you?”

The filly gulped. “Do with me?”

The queen chuckled. “Yes. Should I drain you of your emotions until thiere’s nothing left? Or maybe I should let you watch as I kill that traitor you call a mother.”

Scootaloos eyes widened. “What? You can’t do that!”

Chrysalis smiled cruelly while leaning forward to whisper in the fillies ear. “Watch me.”

The queen turned still wearing her cruel expression and left Scootaloo hanging on the wall. Alone and afraid of what could happen to her mother the filly could only pray she and Lightning would get out of this alive.

All Scootaloo could do was wait and hope Lightning got here quick.
===========================================================

Lightning was sitting on a train headed for Appaloosa. Celestia had been told about everything they’d done and learned while fighting the changelings. The unicorn forces were told by Twilight how to short out the changelings but none of the unicorn guards were as adept at magic so the results would be mixed.

Pinkie had proposed making more high powered party cannons but there wasn’t time to make more or transport the ones she’d used in Ponyvile.

Lightning sighed and shook her head. We're walking right into Chrysalis' hooves.

The seat beside lightning shifted. “Bit for your thoughts?”

Lightning turned her head and saw Rainbow dash sitting across from her. “I’m wondering how we’re gonna get in the hive. I’m guessing these unicorn guards can’t compare to Twilight and the pegasi can’t match you in speed right?”

The cyan mare chuckled. “Sorry but no.”

Lightning shook her head. “Then I need to ask you for a favor Rainbow.”

Rainbow leant forward. “Oh? What’s up?”

The changeling lowered her voice. “I need to get in the hive as soon as possible so I need you to throw me again and this time go as fast as you can before letting me go.”

The prismatic mares eyes widened. “Are you crazy? That could kill you!”

Lightning held up a hoof. “I know but I need to get to Scootaloo. Please Dash, help me.”

Rainbow sighed. “Fine. I understand what you gotta do. But if you die in there I swear I’ll never forgive you.”

Lightning smiled. “Noted. Thanks.”

The pegasus slouched in her seat. “Don’t thank me yet. We’ve still got to get to the hive.”

The two sat in silence as the train rolled on towards the west.
===========================================================

Chrysalis sat on her throne, a smile on her face. The ponies that had been captured were in a cocoon chamber and her swarm was gathering outside the hive as well as guarding key locations inside.

Her throne room was relatively unguarded but that was because she wanted to personally deal with any that made it this far into her hive.

The queen turned to the little filly that hung on a wall not to far away. “So are you looking forward to seeing your mother again?”

Scootaloo glared at the changeling matriarch. The little filly was afraid but she didn’t want to show it.

Chrysalis only laughed at her. “Oh don’t look so angry. The fun’s about to start.”
===========================================================

The Equestrian forces were gathered a few miles from the mouth of the canyon leading to the hive. The princesses stood on a land rise overlooking their forces. The main six and Lightning were waiting for instructions.

Celestia turned to the seven behind her. “Luna and i will be directing the forces while offering ranged magical support. I want the seven of you to get inside and find the hostages.”

Twilight stepped forward. “Princess it might take a while for us to fight our way to the hive.”

Luna responded to the unicorns concern. “Just go as fast as you can.”

Lightning was glad she was going to have others inside with her but she couldn’t waste time fighting her way in. “Sorry everyone but I need to get in there now. Rainbow.”

The others turned just in time to see the cyan pegasus lift the changeling and start gaining altitude.

As the pair rose Rainbow spoke. “I still don’t know about this.”

Lightning chuckled. “Just shut up and throw me.”

The pegasus smirked. “If you insist.”

Rainbow tightened her grip on Lightning before she rocketed forward. The pegasus flapped hard, trying to gain the speed she needed in the short distance she needed to cover. She felt the cone forming and tightening around her. Rainbow went faster and as she upped the speed the cone burst.

A prismatic explosion blasted through the air and the world became a blur as the pegasus sped forward. Rainbow Dash saw the rock formations that made up the top of the hive getting closer with each second that passed. As she came within a few meters of the rock face the pegasus threw her passenger at it before veering to the side to circle back and help her friends.

Lightning felt herself be thrown and conjured her protective green flame around her body.
===========================================================

Inside the hive a pair of changelings were walking down a corridor when the wall in front of them exploded and filled the space with dust. The changelings coughed as they tried to see what had caused the destruction. Without warning a figure leapt from the dust cloud and the two changelings suddenly found themselves being pummeled by clawed fists. Falling to the ground unconscious before the figure sped down the corridor in search of her target.
===========================================================

The inside of the hive was chaos as Lightning tore through rocky hallways and chambers looking for Scootaloo. She’d passed a few of the cocoon storage chambers and that just spurred the mother to go faster.

It seemed that finally being in the hive stirred up the rage Lightning felt when she’d opened the door to Scootaloos room and found it broken into. Passing the cocoons filled with captured ponies just added to her rage.

Lightning charged into a new chamber and grabbed the first changeling she saw. “A little pegasus filly. Orange coat, purple mane. Where is she.”

The changeling was a scout and weighed his options. “Will you let me go if I tell you?”

Lightning nodded and the scout began rattling of his answer. ‘She’s in the throne room. Go down the left corridor take the second right through an egg chamber down the stairs and it’s the third room on your left.”

Lightning smiled like a madmare. “Thanks.” She sat the scout down and dusted him off before racing down the left corridor. As the scout stared after the crazed changeling he had only one thought on his mind. I pity whoever gets in her way.
==========================================================

Chrysalis was on her throne, thinking about sending a drone out to find and lead Lightning to her when the guards outside the throne room came flying through the door and landed in front of her throne.

Lightning walked into the the room brandishing her claws. "Hello Chrysalis."

The queen smiled. "Hello Lyse. Oh forgive me it's Lightning now isn't it? I'm actually impressed you made it this far on your own."

Lighting slowly moved toward the wall where she could see Scootaloo. "I had to get my daughter."

Chrysalis rose from her throne and moved toward the suspended filly. Lightning was about to rush Chrysalis for fear she would hurt Scootalloo but was surprised when the queen tore the filly from her bindings and sat her on the floor. Scootaloo wasted no time in running to her mother.

Lightning blinked. "Why're you just letting her go?"

The changeling matriarch turned to Lightning with a smile. "She was never my target and believe it or not I do have maternal instincts."

Lightning scoffed. "In a very fast and loose meaning of maternal."

Chrysalis's smile dropped a little. "Have you lost all love for your dear mother? I'm hurt Lightning."

The changeling shrugged. "You tried to have me killed so excuse me if I don't believe you. I'm here for my daughter and to stop you so I'll only ask once. Will you surrender?"

Chrysalis sighed. "No. I want Equestria and I'll take it by any means necessary."

Lightning turned to her daughter. "Scoots stay out of the way while I deal with her ok?"

The filly nodded and Lightning focused her attention on the queen. "So what now?"

Chrysalis moved closer to the changeling. "You fight me. That's the only way this ends. Even if you are one of my children, one of my hive, I won't tolerate a lowly drone like you daring to challenge me."

Lightning shook her head. "I don't get it. We've always gone to a new area and drained it to near empty of emotions before leaving. Why do you want Equestria so much?"

Chrysalis leapt forward while changing her forelegs to claws. Lightning caught the claws in her own as the queen spoke. "I hate to lose. Or maybe I just relish a challenge. It doesn't matter though because you've got two choices right now. Either fight me or lay down and I'll make this quick."

Lightning was anxious. She needed to stop the queen but Chrysalis was the hives mother, the very core of the changelings strength. Meanwhile Chrysalis had eased of to attack again. Lightning kept blocking until the queen grabbed her by the throat. The changeling struggled to breath before she was thrown and impacted a wall.

Chrysalis stalked forward. "I thought you were going to stop me. Take this seriously or you'll die."

Lightning rose from where she'd fallen. "Fine."

The fight began again and the blows flew between the two. Even if she was fighting in earnest Lightning still had one foreboding thought at the forefront of her mind. Do I really stand a chance against her?
==============================================================================================



Rainbow had circled back to her friends and landed. Before she could speak the pegasus was tackled by Applejack. “Are you outta yer gourd ya crazy speed demon? You just rainboomed Lightning into a rock!”

Rainbow Dash pushed the farmer off her and looked to the others. “Look girls I promised Lightning I’d get her into that hive. This was her idea so we can either sit here and talk about what’s already done or we can get down to business and get in that hive to help our friend. Plus we gotta save all those hostages.”

Heads were shaken and Pinkie spoke up. “She’s right! We need to get in there so lets go!”

With a laugh Pinkie charged down the rise they were on and made a B line for the hive. The others followed shortly after.

As the princesses were left to command their forces Celestia shook her head. “It’s never dull with that group. Luna are you ready?”

The blue alicorn nodded. “Always.”

Celestia smiled. “Then lets get to it.”