• Published 6th Jun 2012
  • 1,818 Views, 38 Comments

From the isles of Avalon - The Drifting Bard



a man shall fight for his life, make the ultimate sacrifice and be back for tea and croissants.

  • ...
7
 38
 1,818

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8: Comatose and training

Or more importantly... Evil arises


The time had come, one last sacrifice was all that was needed.
Sakaar now had to finish the chant of ages. His dark lord was now an unbound soul.
Soon, the screams of anguish and lamentation would be as music to his ears.
"Surge, dominus Tirek .... surge et accipe ... Ave tua nova corpora carnis. Ave Tirek"
Sakaar plunged a cerimonial dagger into an unwitting magi's chest cavity, carving out the heart.

Sakaar had succeeded.
Tirek was reborn.


The walk back to ponyville was interesting to say the least.
Rainbow dash was berating me for taking off like that, and Twilight had a curious look about her.
"I suppose you'll be wanting to have a look at the book, Twilight" I chuckled. She simply nodded.
I took a tentative sniff at my own Armpits. Finally settling on a face to describe it, Rarity simply hid a giggle behind her hand.
I handed the book over to Twilight and then simply walked off to the Boutique.

the walk was fairly peaceful. Children were outside playing their little games, A far cry from what Kids back home would be doing. they'd be playing Call of duty or something boring like that. "heh, makes a change"
"I know, kids these days.. always wanting to get dirty" Rarity walked beside me at a leisurely pace.
"well... believe it or not, I was a kid once" I chuckled.
"what was your childhood like?" Rarity asked.
"Besides the running and fighting?... pretty damn peaceful"
She looked at me for a moment, then settled on what she was going to say.
"I'm quite surprised You didn't put Hoops in hospital that day"

I shrugged my shoulders, I should have... why didn't I?.
"I'm surprised myself" I chuckled as i opened the door to the boutique.
"Ladies first" I grinned as Rarity walked past, hearing a my such a gentleman coming from inside.
I grabbed the towel I used previously, and a spare set of clothes. I climbed up the stairs.
climbing into the shower, I began to hum a small tune.


Rarity began to draw up some designs for an outfit, seemingly inspired by the Sword the now lay next to the sofa.
She got to work, breaking pencils and pens needlessly, slaving over paper and fabric.
after a while, the initial design phase was over. she took a much needed break from her work.
She turned around to see Alan sleeping peacefully on the sofa. Twilight knocked on the door.
Rarity proceeded to walk over and let her in, being careful to not wake the sleeping man up.
"Twilight? What is it darling?" Twilight simply opened the book, and pointed to the passage from earlier.
A look of fear and sorrow drifted over the refined woman's face. "Keep reading" Twilight whispered.
"Twilight, did you send that letter?" Twilight nodded.

"Celestia should be arriving in an hour," the librarian added. "we need to wake him up"
With that, she began to nudge me. "hey.. wake up" Twilight repeated the process, with no result.
Rarity sighed, then took a pin out of her pincushion and jabbed the sleeping man.
still nothing. "Scan him" Rarity sounded worried.

Twilight ran a glowing hand an inch above Alan's unconscious form.
Her face fell. "He... He's in a exhaustion induced coma" A tear rolled down her cheek.


I was still in the shower, or at least... I was when I stood face to face with the man himself.
"So... would you mind telling me why YOU, of all people, were chosen to wield excalibur?"
The man looked at me for a moment, then began to laugh. "Wow... Merlin was right... You are an insufferable douche" I chuckled. "Wait... You saw him?" Arthur looked a little shocked. "then... Oh great" He huffed.
"so..where are we?" I asked, The Spirit simply Shrugged.
"Somewhere in your mind... Probably the 90% you never use"
I then watched as he waved a hand. "I suppose I'd better train you" Two swords appeared out of nowhere.


this was going to be long nap.


Twilight simply sat there as Alan was moved onto a stretcher. She grabbed the sword and placed it on her back.
"Rarity, I'm gonna go put this and the book in the library, then..."
"Your going to go to the hospital and wait for him to wake up" Rarity gave Twilight a stern look.
"But Rarity" Twilight tried her best to formulate an argument, but failed. the librarian then sighed. "Your right... But shouldn't you go with them now? considering how close you two are?"
Rarity started to giggle. "Believe me, Twilight, He's not interested in me" Twilight watched as the ambulance left.
"then who?" Twilight asked.
"well, considering that he confided in me a few days ago about it.... he may or may not want to ask you out sometime soon... if he wakes up that is" she looked down to the floor.


I reached out for one sword as he grabbed the other. "Are you ready for this?" the armor clad man held his sword out in a fighting stance. I began to experiment different styles of sword play before settling on one simple style.
I lunged forwards, "have at thee" he parried and sent me to the ground.
"Predictable, now this time... try and hit me"

Needless to say, I learn quickly. after a ending up on my face several times, I tried a different stance.
I stood in front of the blonde man, sword resting on my shoulder. Arthur thought that he saw an opening and decided to take a chance. I put my foot out, and kicked him in the chest. Arthur slid back and tried again, only this time he had to either dodge or block the sword. "Interesting, keep to that style"

this time, our blades connected. I jumped back, avoiding a hit.
"that was too close" I chuckled, not expecting the next strike. upon impulse, I moved to the left.
I snapped my fingers for a moment. "oh... this shits awesome"
"What is that noise?" Arthur looked confused.
"Just a bit of mood music" I leapt forwards yet again, only to end up behind him, taking the opportunity to simply avoid his attacks. until he caught me on the cheek. I ignored the pain.


the hospital staff watched in awe as a cut appeared on the unconscious Alan's cheek.
Twilight took a note of this, and simply ordered everyone to leave.
the only word used to describe her facial expression was worry.
she was worried that what ever had caused this cut, or even this coma... could kill him very easily.


"Alan, did I forget to mention that what ever happens here, happens to your body?"
"fuck, better be at my peak" I began to keep out of Arthur's reach until points of oppurtunity presented themselves.
"well done... you're finally getting it, a fight doesn't necessarily need to have honor, just good timing" Arthur soon stopped talking, and went to a mixed stance, one of both defense and offense. He had a shield.

"I've said it once, I'll say it again... Fuck shields" the comment caught Arthur off guard. I again jumped over him and literally ran him through. "oops" I chuckled nervously as Arthur dropped to his knees.
I then watched as both swords and the shield dissipated. "well, I wasn't expecting that... but then again, Tirek won't either"
It then became clear to me as to what this session was for...

Preparation...

PreviousChapters Next