• Published 6th Jun 2012
  • 1,818 Views, 38 Comments

From the isles of Avalon - The Drifting Bard



a man shall fight for his life, make the ultimate sacrifice and be back for tea and croissants.

  • ...
7
 38
 1,818

PreviousChapters Next
chapter 36: dealing with a Prince

Blueblood in two words: pompous asshole


"Never heard of you," I paid no real attention to the blond haired man standing in front of me.
The others looked at Blueblood for a moment as a flash of anger darted across his face. "surely you jest, everyone's heard of Prince Blueblood" As his voice continued to echo throughout the library, breaking the silence, I sighed.
"listen er," I looked at his shoulders and sure enough he was a lieutenant. "Lieutenant, to put it bluntly, I don't know who you think you are,and quite honestly... I don't care, so shut up and await further orders" I stood in front of him with a stoic expression. He scowled back at me, anger hiding behind his eyes.

Shining watched as Blueblood sized me up. As I walked away, I heard Blueblood speak. "I demand to know why I am here!"
and then it hit him....

the chair I mean. "I thought I told you to shut up! As to why your here, I asked for the best... you must be some sort of joke unless you plan on talking the Changelings to death" the others in the room simply watched as the idiot got up into my face.
"I am not a joke!" he roared.
"Prove it on the battlefield" I spoke clearly. I began to explain the situation that the changelings may have set up shop in the everfree forest.

"so, basically its a recon Mission" Showdown grinned.
Rocky looked slightly apprehensive, then with a sigh decided to speak. "er, sir?"
"yes Rocky?" I looked at the bulky man, he had a look of deep thought etched across his face.
"say we do find the changelings, what then?" it was a good question.
I looked around for a brief moment then, with a sigh I pointed to the two magic users in the squad, Sweetspot....
and Blueblood. "one of these two will send a telepathic broadcast of our location to Shining who will then mobilize the army"
Blueblood looked as though he was about to object to this. "don't want to hear it"
I heard a huff of defeat from the Prince.

"in the event that both magi are injured then we move to plan B"
Showdown smirked. She could tell what plan B involved. Sweetspot looked at her for a moment seemingly enraptured with her. As I watched his eyes trace along her body, I simply smiled. "So I suggest everyone go back to wherever it is your situated at and get some sleep, oh and if Bluey over here complains..... upside the head got it?"
they all nodded.


it had been roughly twenty minutes after the troops had left for their outpost near the everfree. Shining was pacing back and forth trying to figure out what the Changelings wanted this time. Cadence was conversing with Twilight while Celestia and Luna were going over battle plans. I sat down on the sofa for a brief moment, rubbing my temples in complete contemplation.
" Arthur, are you in there?" I mentally called out. As I lay my head on the sofa to sleep, I had an answer.

the number you have dialed has not been recognized

Great.... I have a legend in my head and I can't contact him.
I reached out for the sword, grasping it with my hand. I then heard a brief shout of "AHA!"
Shining looked at the sword for a moment, finally deciding to speak.

however, as he began to say his piece, that same buzzing noise began to come closer.
Needless to say, I drew my sword.

PreviousChapters Next